• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ZERO7772

I'm not sure if that's how it works once you get to Tier 1, I think you can have one character be much stronger than other and still be in the same tier with no "At least". You should probably ask someone who knows more about how those tiers work.

@Zensum

I don't remember her having Durability Negation listed in her Powers and Abilities section (it is in her attack potency when it mentions her attacks cause subatomic destruction), what she has listed there is "can cause damage on quantum level".

@SchroKatze

What brought this on? I think you meant to say downgrade, and even for characters almost nobody cares about like Vento I've made CRTs to downgrade them based on actual evidence from the series. When people have not agreed with me, like with Kakine, I've accepted that and moved on.

If you really meant downplaying, I fail to see how I'm downplaying the series.

Ah I see! Anyways, don't you think it would be more clear to list it in powers/abilties section. In some of her threads it isnt readily apparent her quant/matter manip bypasses dura so people overlook it as it's linked instead of visibly written.

@Lazy Reguarding the "At least", it just denotes a lower cap if we don't know exactly how strong they are. So it fits in the Magic God's case as we know they exceed Othinus but just not by what degree.

Tier 1 isn't any different than other tiers. "At least" exist when we want to rank character A who is much stronger than character B but by unknow amount.

The only tier that strict to scaling character is 1-A because 1-A is boundless and has no limit and you have to be nigh-omnipotent to be anything higher than 1-A.

Othinus has 11-D power. yet, even her power couldn't reach the hidden world. one could argue that the true GODS are above 11-D but this is another topic for another day. The True Magic gods should logically be At least High 1-C

Digimon and Shin Megami Tensei have characters that are At least 2-A for being infinitely above baseline. The Magic Gods seems to fit the requirements for being at least High 1-C via being infinitely above baseline in their full power state.

Ok, if people think it's alright maybe a CRT about the magic gods could be done to add the "At least".

@Zensum

Some pages have that issue. You should be able to add Durability Negation to the Powers and Abilities list, as it something already mentioned in the page (twice if we count Quantum Manipulation).

I don't think it's needed. it's but a minor change. I could ask any of the admins to unlock the page, put the "At least" and lock it again.

If other users here think we MUST make CRT then it's fine though.

Should we upgrade Misaka's iron sand shield durability?

In chapter 92 she blocked one of the doppelgangers giant body punches via iron sand.

In general I don't think you could disperse or move the iron sand with less strength than she puts into her magnetism, just from a logical standpoint.

Yes was re reading it today. That entire fight with doppelganger showcased a lot of misakas skills tbh

Shouldn't we add "Reactive Power Level" to Fiamma?

"Did you forget what I announced back in the Elizalina Alliance? My right arm responds to the need, matches to the level of trials and tribulations, and uses the most suitable output. Whether it is an optical weapon or whatever else, nothing can stand up to me."

(Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22, pg 10)

Yea thats also one of the quotes showing end strike accounting for the difficulty of ending something before scaling to it. Been meaning to make revisions on Fiamma and Ollerus might as well make one big thread.

So it seems like Index Season 3 is only going to be 26 episodes. Should've known that a 3 cour wasn't going to happen.

Well Toaru is not like SAO so naturally we can't get out hopes up, it's a miracle they even made another season after all these years.

Does this statement said that kakine and accel speed is in supersonic, because from thus naration said that after kakine and accel clashed few second later the air exploded and shockwave rang out

IMG 20180929 170543

Movement at mach speed? Yeah, I doubt either of them have issue with that. The issue would be reacting at that speed. Just so we're clear, Kamachi does not equal movement speed with reaction speed. (Which is why neither of them really used that level of speed in combat until accel got his wings and Kakine turned into a fridge.)

In this paragraph, it is more of just them clashing sending out shockwave, not mach speed combat.

We could just wait a month and see the anime as ot 15 should be around episode 7 or 6 and we can see in the animation if they pass the sound barrier

Time to talk about random impressions regarding anime season 3 episode 1.

First, the op: I like it. The cinematography is great, with the various camera swings made possible through the 3D objects used for the sourroundings. At this point it is worth to point out that the 3D objects and 2D character animation very smoothly fit together, something which IIRC was already done great in Railgun S.

That aside I want to point out that in this season as well they bothered to make Misaka's lightning have heat hazes. It's just a minor detail I personally dig a lot.

Plot wise a suprisingly slow start considering the time scheudle. I suppose they decided on it for character reintroduction, since the last season was so long ago. Still, there are a view scenes that were shortened here I believe, but done well in my opinion. Nothing important lost.

They took out terra's little monlogue which I was interested in seeing and some other minor stuff but overall decent first episode I like the opening.

Damn I am yet to see the episode...

As for the pacing, it should be fine as long they end it with the dragon arc and not shove WW3 in the anime and ruins everything, but knowing them, they will definitely shove WW3 in and rush the f*ck out of everything.

Meh I am just glad we have the anime back after all those years.

Saw the episode. More or less what I expected of the adaptation, they replaced a few comedy/SoL scenes with Mikoto and Index scenes. Some exposition about the riots + wordlbuilding like most of Yomikawa's scene in the weapons expo, part of Monaka's conversation with Touma or Terra's scene are what I miss the most, since the Tower of London scenes are likely in the next ep.

It'll take a while to get used to IB's new sound effect. Mikoto and Kuroko's power sound effects were also changed.

They could have had a bit more fun with the weapons expo scene like the manga adaptation did, which has cameos of Railgun anime weapons and Shutaura's vehicle from the movie. It also has what looks like a mini-Object, so now I'm left to wonder what kind of Object would AC build (of course, knowing AC they would do something like use Coffin technology and give it esper powers).

Season 3 for Railgun should be fun, and hopefully we get Liberal Arts City with Daihaseisai and not another long filler arc. It's likely still Nagai, so...

Not sure about Accelerator anime. The pacing and art are likely going to be better and more consistent in anime form, but there's only one arc to adapt.

There is enough contents for Railgun 3 for us not to put up with another boring filler arc, Accel anime can be little tricky depending on what they decide to go with

I can see Accel anime being 1 cour but if they go with 2 cours be prepared to see a lot of fillers....

Just bringing up a question: Why is Base Accel only 7-B? Acqua was compared to him in sheer Destructive Power, and Accel could fight both Kazakiri and Incomplete Gabriel in base, even doing more damage than both Carissa and Maiden combined.

Also, his Wings literally level up him to Angel/Archangel class to the point of him speaking the angelical language of the Heaven phase.

@DontTalkDT

Besides some grammar issues, the only thing I can think of it's maybe giving her an AP for attacking inanimate objects. She destroyed that iron bridge when she first appeared in chapter 4 and one of Agnese's nuns mentioned that she had heard Divine Mixtures can only use less than 1% of their true power when not using a host (though it should be mentioned she admits this to be hearsay).

@SchroKatze

Accelerator only hurt Kazakiri and Gabriel at the beginning of the fight using the power of their own attacks against them, so that instance doesn't scale to his own AP, and when he and Kazakiri managed to get the upper hand to "defeat" it it was only because Acqua drained it of half its Telesma and Touma destroyed the pillars helping support its summoning. I don't think it counts.

I don't remember the Acqua comparison, so can you post it?. IMO we need more than one single statement to upgrade him, but it'd be a start and he might get a feat to confirm it in NT21 for all we know.

I will just trust on you fixing the grammar after I post it.

"Several bridges of varying sizes crossed the Thames as it meandered across London. Either due to the battle or as some kind of trap, a lot of them had collapsed. One of the surviving ones was an iron bridge.

It had a characteristic Ferris wheel next to it. It connected the Waterloo Station area, which was a business and residential area, with the political center that included the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
"

There are two bridges that match the description.

One is the Hungerford Bridge and the other is the Westminster Bridge.

Since no railway was mentioned and the Westminster Bridge would be the more direct way towards Westminster Abbey, I would guess it is that one.

Ah, yes. The percs of a story not playing in another world.

I will see whether I actually calc it or just guesstimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back