• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
She Extreme123dz said:
So, carrisa cut a 3d Cubic? :v
She cut a higher dimensional plane and the result was a 3d cube being produced. Cut a cube and the cross-section is a square for example.

Some changes appear to be done just for the sake of making changes, so they are only minor annoyances to people who read the LNs and can't help to nitpick stuff like me. Like, why even make the dimensional wreckage golden? It's described as white in the novels and I don't really see a reason to change it.

The lame excuse used for Mugino's Meltdowner anime color of "well, anime-only might confuse her power with Mikoto's" (even though the point is that both use electrons) doesn't work here, because this might make anime-only people confused when Fiamma becomes LPSAD and Heaven phase shenanigans start to cause all that Telesma to appear on Earth, which was golden IIRC.

Coupled with Accelerator's black wind/shockwave and Knight Leader literally turning attacks to green little zeroes it looks like someone in JCStaff likes to change effects of stuff just because. Sounds crazy, but in the Heavy Object adaptation they also changed lasers from being almost 100% of the time bright orange to bright blue beams for no apparent reason. Despite plasma cannons already being bluish-white.

There's worse stuff in this episode like the skipped/rushed scenes, explanations and character development, but it's these little things that always baffle me, because with the other stuff you can at least justify it with trying to fit the arcs in a limited amount of time.

The Skipped so much things..., but (IIRC) JC.STAFF originally said that they do not expect it to be the same as the LN and that they will change / omit things or something like that (mora than the past). I do not remember where the law...and remember some things about the arc of Aureolus

Strange artistic choices are strange, but different from battle royal arc I think the flow of events is solved well, making it a satisfying watch for non-novel viewers.

I just realized that, if I'm not mistaken, in real life Raifu could actually redirect every projectile(!) since she can make potent gravitational lenses. One could likely even argue that it holds in fiction for below lightspeed projectiles....

In that area she has better redirection than what we give Accelerator credit for...

yes but how would she deal with other stuff ? or projectile that can change directory mid flight ? and it's not passive

even then what can penetrate accel reflection, other that unknown laws, that he can't affect with active use of his power ?

One would think that that level of gravity would be useful as a weapon, but she appears to be limited to changing the gravity between herself and other things. We might get a profile cover for her like we did with the Scavengers, but should we make a page for her already?

Not sure about her being limited that way. I think the gravitational lense wouldn't work out that way. Albeit that is sciency stuff, so who know.

Well, I probably won't create a profile for her soon.

Since we have feats it can be created if anyone wants to do it, though.

I give todays episode 75/100.

Fight animation could be a bit faster and impactful as usual for the saint fights and there is still the weird animation choice for Curatana.

However, mainly they should have relocated 30 seconds or so to have the citizens do some fighting instead of just awkwardly have them stand at the sidelines.

Still I liked the music, especially during the beginning of the battle and the important points were for the most part presented decently.

Minor gripe: The anime portrays the Saints as capable of destroying/cutting Curtana's dimensional debris which isn't the case in the LN. The yellow cubes might as well be another ability entirely.

The cubes are... Weird. The design choice is probably just a way to represent that the Spell uses dimensional space, since it mentions "3-Dimensional cross section" and the first thing people think of when they hear 2-D, 3-D and etc are geometrical structures, like cubes

Episode probably had the best fight this season. which is good because each fight has been progressively getting better

wonder how far Carissa went flying in the anime, since it's even stated that there is a national park around the palace (which is where she lands in the LN) but is sent flying into a alleyway in the anime.

Don't think the ep was bad I thought it was quite good.

I made a thread regarding how we manage the common spells on the verse page. Input would be nice.

I like how they seemingly decided to not waste money on another intro and instead just use the intro time for more content xD

Also, they changed from "Accel nearly being sliced in two" to "Accel being fricking stabbed through the chest and then nearly sliced in half"

Dunno how to make gifs and couldn't find gifs of it.

But... I have to say: The final part of the season is better than the beggining.Better animation and etc. It seems that all the budget was focused on the DRAGON Arc and onward.

Now that optional equipment is a thing... can we give Kuroko that swimsuit as optional equipment? You know which one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back