• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, why would we? It's her personal style of magic, the spells being simple in structure doesn't imply in any way they are a basic part of western magic, especially considering nobody else uses Oriana's style of magic.

LazyHunter said:
No, why would we? It's her personal style of magic, the spells being simple in structure doesn't imply in any way they are a basic part of western magic, especially considering nobody else uses Oriana's style of magic.
styl did mention that some of her spell should have taken more time even if she was a skilled magician and mixed some very simple spell (elements) with complicated ones (counter spell), even she herself mention that : "Though it's easy to use, on the other hand, it's easy for the enemy to read one's own attacks, and come up with a defensive spell to counter it"

what i mean is not combined elemet attack, just one element based like the ones Levinia used on nt 2 to show magic,:the unamed wind blade,the fire ball,etc, the ones based on the 4 elments of wenster magic (fire ,water,wind,earth)

That doesn't mean that they are spells that any western magician can use or even knows. Her spells are prepared and used through a very particular style of magic only she has used in the story, so there's no reason at all to give any of them to anyone else. We only give magicians what they have been shown to have in the story, not counting the exceptions that can be presumed to be known by any halfway decent magician such as People-Clearing Fields, St. Peter's Spell and some way to protect oneself from curses.

No. Elemental magic is just a basic branch of any type of magic, but there are several western spells in the series based on other stuff.

LazyHunter said:
No. Elemental magic is just a basic branch of any type of magic, but there are several western spells in the series based on other stuff.
on the wiki its written :" In the Toaru Majutsu no Index universe the elements and their properties are closely connected with Idol Theory, not because it is a requirement in magic, but because of the many legends, myths, and symbolisms that are intertwined with them. "

...Because, as I said, elemental magic is a basic branch of magic, and pretty simple to learn? A lot of cultures have the concept of elements to use Idol Theory on, so of course it shows up a lot in various mythologies, legends, and symbolism. I fail to see what's the issue here, even the quote you are posting says "not because it is a requirement in magic".

No? They'll know their own elemental spells, just like Leivinia's elemental spells are not the same's as Styil's or Mark Space's or Wys'.

ok i think we can add remote vector control for sure in normal mode too for accel as i'm an idiot and didn't realize he used it to control the explosion in his manga ch 36

Apparently Olleurs wan downgrade to supersonic and that without even making CRT for the matter, why?

ZERO7772 said:
Apparently Olleurs wan downgrade to supersonic and that without even making CRT for the matter, why?
He was never downgraded from what i see.

He had "unknown" speed with reaction to that nanosecond thing before having that unknown changed to supersonic.

And this was like, a month ago or so.

Yeah, I changed the Unknown speed because it didn't make much sense given he does have those two clear feats. It's not a downgrade, his reactions stay the same.

I'm not sure what you mean with NT7, but the most you can give Ollerus is supersonic, because like with Leivinia's case, we don't know how serious the Saints were in that particular moment. Context is very important in this series, it's why Touma doesn't scale to Accelerator.

That's only the speed at which Gunha swings his arms. His actual movement speed in said fight is explicitly twice the speed of sound.

He fought othinus in NT4, why doesn't he scale again? I forgot the details

Also @ALRF stop bringing your ass everywhere its creepy 0V0

Btw apparently index III will air this fall, the fact that we are yet even see promotional art is absurd

maybe they are still deciding who to put on the poster ? u have mikoto(irrevelant but fanboys), touma ( a must) ,accel and hamazura(new protag), fiamma, acqua,index, sphynix (the real mvp)

@lazyhunter

can u remove " It is unknown if he can use this when not using his wings" from the remote vector control ? in the manga ch 36 he suppress the explosion without touching it at the end

@ZERO7772

Othinus doesn't fight anyone by using superhuman speed, so there's nothing to scale beyond the reaction feat that's already on his page.

@Malox1696

Unfortunately, Accelerator's page is locked so you'll have to ask the staff to unlock it. We also have to remove the "and launched it out of the planet" part of the the justification, I had forgotten about the black wings appearing for a split second.

LazyHunter said:
@Malox1696

Unfortunately, Accelerator's page is locked so you'll have to ask the staff to unlock it. We also have to remove the "and launched it out of the planet" part of the the justification, I had forgotten about the black wings appearing for a split second.
i dont mean when he louch it in to space, i meant when he just compress it to ball in the end he remove his hand from it (to better focus the battery) and the explosion is stil suppressed

Yeah, I understood you. I meant that we should use the chance to remove that part since it was achieved with the help of his wings.

If u are already gonna edit accelerator page could u add that he can output the same force needed to break (fracture) an object (up to 6a) as i explained above just by applying the reflection trough touch ?

This is the opposite force thing? I think I already had a discussion with you about your idea in the previous thread and suffice to say I agree with DontTalk.

And I cannot eddit Accelerator's page, I'm just a regular user.

DontTalkDT said:
Less than penetrating the object would just fly off from the force directed at it.
And in practice that comes down to nothing but "if he can manipulated force on the level of penetrating the object, then he can do that". There is no practical difference between using the force of the object pushing back at his hand for that and using just any other force.

What matters would just be producing force on the level necessary for breaking the object. It doesn't circumvent durability or anything.
DT agreed with me

i'm not saying it's durability negation or anything (as we count not the fact that the maxium magnitude accel can reflect is 6-a) but the reflection when applyed to a standing object it should move it with the maxium durability of the object it self ex:a human play arm wrestling with accel would lose but not be destroyed by 6-a worth of energy it would just be tier human, but say an 7-a does it it would be pushed by 7-a worth of energy, so he should be able to apply 6-a worth of energy by touch with reflection

quote from DT : All in all: Amount of force he has to manipulate to overcome durability = durability => No durability negation.

Sorry, but as I told you last time I disagree with your reasoning and I disagree with adding something to Accelerator's page he has never done in the actual series.

he does so when tries to break out of the exeriment facility and when he breaks the arm of the kid that was just trying to grab him (and even when the thugh breaks their arms trying to fight him) as the object (the stell door was still and it was just accel with his passive reflection pushing the door/ the kid did not have enough force to break his arm by simply grabbing accel) did not have the force to break it self

btw u could ask DT too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back