• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

Oh. ye. Just remembered... Gabby/Misha made a starry sky in WW3, right? Decided to see if I could calc that... Wasn't too hard. Just have to get the GBP of the sun (5.693e41J) and multiply it by 5000 (i.e how many stars the human eye can see), and got 28 FoE, i.e, Solar System level. This is likely already used since Misha already has 4-B in her profile, but it is probs a good idea to put this in a user blog.
Doesn't she have a spell called "the sweep" which could could destroy half of earth? I wonder that can be calc?

Indeed, and I am pretty sure that Kazakiri did so too... and I am pretty sure that there is a line that states Kaori considers a full-power Aquca/William (or at least when she fought him in his arc) comparable if not superior to AF!Gabby, who should be comparable to WW3!Gabby - and there is a line from when Touma first encountered Aquca through him picking up Vento, when she was defeated, that he was confident he could fight Fuse=Kazakiri wih some prep (probably to nullify her entire anti-magic stick)... There is also the fact that Aquca can absorb 50% of Gabby's power, and well... An interesting line of thought opens itself.

Oh, btw, if we just assume that Aquca is only comparable to only 1% of Gabby's power, he would be 297.20 Exatons of TNT, or Moon level/5-C. Still way below LPSAD!Fiamma, and since Base!Fiamma's current High 6-A rating is via extremely casual feats and there is various statements that Fiamma can casually defeat anyone in OT, there isn't any issue there either, Plus, looking at Gabby's page, she only has her 6-B due to her just doing a thing to restore her wings, so...

Oh, btw, if we just assume that Aquca is only comparable to only 1% of Gabby's power, he would be 297.20 Exatons of TNT, or Moon level/5-C. Still way below LPSAD!Fiamma, and since Base!Fiamma's current High 6-A rating is via extremely casual feats and there is various statements that Fiamma can casually defeat anyone in OT, there isn't any issue there either,
fanta...wtf is this wank

You got my mind racing, tis why... Also, there isn't much else to talk about since GT8 is so far, and the Raildex manga aren't going to be getting a new chapter for awhile.

Heh. heh. heh. But really this line of thinking is making me have an idea of attempting to do a CRT to upgrade Saint-level folks with the bullcrud that just came out of my head. Worse comes to comes it fails, but that happens. lol.

... Oh, and another topic, but... Man, we really need new renders/profile pics for folks. Honestly, I kinda wanna replace them with Imaginary Fest pics since it has covered a great deal of OT and NT characters and made decents stills/pics of 'em that I can find textless verisons of.

Heh. heh. heh. But really this line of thinking is making me have an idea of attempting to do a CRT to upgrade Saint-level folks with the bullcrud that just came out of my head. Worse comes to comes it fails, but that happens. lol.

... Oh, and another topic, but... Man, we really need new renders/profile pics for folks. Honestly, I kinda wanna replace them with Imaginary Fest pics since it has covered a great deal of OT and NT characters and made decents stills/pics of 'em that I can find textless verisons of.
Yeah...the renders are not so good

Things to do, things to do... Y'know, I can't help but wonder... If I never came along and started doing calcs for ToAru like a mad-man, would this thread not have as much activity as it does now - and would the verse have as much calcs as it does now? Not to brag, but I am a hyper-active dum-dum who tends to hang around VSBW quite a bit and do quite a lot of things at once. Heh.

Things to do, things to do... Y'know, I can't help but wonder... If I never came along and started doing calcs for ToAru like a mad-man, would this thread not have as much activity as it does now - and would the verse have as much calcs as it does now? Not to brag, but I am a hyper-active dum-dum who tends to hang around VSBW quite a bit and do quite a lot of things at once. Heh.
Your easily the most dedicated for the verse as of rigth now

I don't remember crud about Ollerus abilities, mate. Like, he legit disappeared from my mind and I just barely remember his design.

I don't remember crud about Ollerus abilities, mate. Like, he legit disappeared from my mind and I just barely remember his design.
Just vote lol

Also he has funny explosion and affecting your organs shit.....he would be a cool Match against fiamma and accelerator lol

No, the sweep is quite literally a barrage of attacks that would destroy the world overtime, individually the arrows aren't that strong.
yikes just remembered that, Gabriel should at least get a higher rating from tho.

Can't believe Fanta even thought of the idea of Moon level saints (that will forever traumatized me)

yikes just remembered that, Gabriel should at least get a higher rating from tho.

Can't believe Fanta even thought of the idea of Moon level saints (that will forever traumatized me)
I can't help it when I get bored, ze. But on a more serious topic, a great deal of profiles should probably get new profile renders tho, which is something to add for the ever-increasing bucket list of things that need to be done for the verse, lel.

Ehhh, not really, the individual arrows have very disappointing feats and even worse statements and we don't give higher ratings for things like danmaku users.

Weren't they able to hurt Kazakiri, tho? ... Which brings into question how Accel was able to survive that shit, even with his powers.

The night sky was filled with flashing lights.
There was no time to be amazed at the spectacle, however.
Within a radius of two kilometers, tens of millions of fiery meteors of destruction rained
down.
This was a divine punishment, one that Accelerator’s absolute reflection could not hope
to counter.
“Wha-what?!”
Accelerator was unable to respond.
To dodge or to try and take the attack head on? Before Accelerator could fully consider
his options, the maelstrom of destruction was already upon him. Accelerator could no
longer tell the sky from the ground. In the moment that he was hit by the attack, his
body was flung ferociously around like a rag doll. Although Accelerator was able to
lessen the damage by manipulating the vectors, he still tasted blood. Snow, dirt and
sand were all tossed up by the attack, filling Accelerator’s vision with a blur of white.
“This... This is...!?”
As Accelerator was hurled towards the ground, he gasped for breath, but no sound came
out. His throat was blocked. Accelerator was able to clear the congealed blood from his
throat using his ability, and was finally able to breathe.
(****...!! What the **** was that!?)
The massive amounts of snow and dirt tossed up by the attack filled the entire sky.
In this panorama of white, there was only one other color. A glow of blue, radiating from
the archangel of destruction.

- Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21, Chapter 8 Part 7

... Oh, and here, I found something interesting, i.e, I got access to Yen-Press translation.

The night sky sparkled.

He didn’t have time to see why.

Tens of millions of destructive stones began to rain down over an area about two kilometers in radius. Divine punishment, of the same nature as the power even he couldn’t fully reflect.

He couldn’t react in time. Dodge or block? Before he could think about it, the tempest of destruction slammed into him with all its brutality. He lost his concept of where the sky and the ground was. By the time he realized he’d taken a direct hit, his body had been flung through the air. He tried to alleviate the damage through vector manipulation, but the taste of blood crawled up from the bottom of his throat. Snow, dirt, and everything else whipped up and around, whiting out Accelerator’s vision.

“Gh…gah…agh?!”

When he slammed into the ground, his voice was harsh but broken. Breathing felt impossible. Using his ability, he controlled vectors to expel the blood accumulated in his throat all at once, finally regaining the ability to breathe.

You piece of shit…!! What the hell is this…?!

In his vision, now white with the risen snow, he saw one spot of color in front of him. A blue light. The symbol of destruction known as an archangel.
I'm pretty sure that nothing here was changed in either translation, so Accelerator still took an attack that was a threat to Kazakiri.

And as we all know... Accelerator did take quite a few hits from Kakine's Dark Matter and from Kakine himself, and from both the Baka-Tsuki translation and the Yen-Press translation, there weren't any text that stated Accelerator's Vector Shield reduced the potency of Kakine's attacks nor Kakine's attacks were weakened due to the method he was using to bypass Accel's vector shield - and there is also the fact to consider that Accelerator had a lot more control over this fight than Kakine did, to the point that he literally protected everyone from their fight and that the only reason he wasn't immensely injuried when Accelerator threw an ATM at him was due to Uiharu being close-by

But something was missing.But something was missing.

The tragedy.

Despite the glass fragments pouring down like rain, nobody was injured. The raging winds had diverted their course and the signboards had shielded people late to escape, miraculously protecting the crowds. The rest was the same. Not a single person hurt. He couldn’t check every single one, but he knew if he went back along the course of their battle, there would be many who had been defended by invisible hands.

Are…are you…Kakine’s throat dried up.

“Are you telling me you protected them…?”

He thought back to the first shots. Accelerator had fired a gale at Teitoku Kakine, but he could have done a more powerful surprise attack as well. But if he had, the aftermath would have blown away Last Order’s acquaintance, but…

In short, that was his way of life.

Even embroiled in a Level Five death match, number one in the city vs. number two, even though the slightest diversion of his attention would have created a fatal opening, Accelerator had continued to protect innocent people.

“You’ve…gotta be ******** me. How much can you ******* control?”

Accelerator looked bored. He just grinned scornfully, as if this much was only -natural—why couldn’t Teitoku Kakine do it?

- YenPress

But, something was missing.

Tragedies.

Glass shards had rained down from above, but there was no-one hurt. A sweeping gale had twisted the path of those shards into falling elsewhere. The advertisement signs had miraculously protected those that were to slow to run away. The others were the same, with not a single person hurt. Though it was uncertain, in their fighting to this point, probably not a single bystander had been hurt.

(I-impossible!)

Kakine felt his throat go dry.

“Are you saying… that you protected them all?”

Thinking back, the first sneak attack could have been much more powerful. But if that was the case, Last Order’s companion at that time would also have been hurt.

This was his way of doing things.

Even in a death match between the #1 and #2 Level 5s, even on a battlefield where a slight mistake could get you killed, Accelerator protected the normal people who he had never met before.

“Don’t joke around! Are you saying everything was under your control from the beginning?!”

Accelerator showed impatience, as if saying ‘of course’, and taunted Kakine for his incompetence that he could not do the same.

-Baka-Tsuki

I'm repeating points, but you guys get the geist - Accelerator has a surprisingly amount of durability for a crippled albino, heh. It is best to know points such as this since they might come up in the future!

... This is also a test for me for when I am going to upgrade Touma's speed and give him the reactions that he deserves... correction the combat speed he deserves since reactions is a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed is combat speed - which considering the fact that Touma can move his right arm fast enough to have his right hand grab a black wing from Accelerator and twist it to throw him off-balance to give him a small small safe all within moments, all of the tsun-tsun gags with Mikoto, and his entire shit with Othinus; he deserves combat speed instead of plain-old reactions.

Weren't they able to hurt Kazakiri, tho? ... Which brings into question how Accel was able to survive that shit, even with his powers.

... Oh, and here, I found something interesting, i.e, I got access to Yen-Press translation.

I'm pretty sure that nothing here was changed in either translation, so Accelerator still took an attack that was a threat to Kazakiri.

And as we all know... Accelerator did take quite a few hits from Kakine's Dark Matter and from Kakine himself, and from both the Baka-Tsuki translation and the Yen-Press translation, there weren't any text that stated Accelerator's Vector Shield reduced the potency of Kakine's attacks nor Kakine's attacks were weakened due to the method he was using to bypass Accel's vector shield - and there is also the fact to consider that Accelerator had a lot more control over this fight than Kakine did, to the point that he literally protected everyone from their fight and that the only reason he wasn't immensely injuried when Accelerator threw an ATM at him was due to Uiharu being close-by

I'm repeating points, but you guys get the geist - Accelerator has a surprisingly amount of durability for a crippled albino, heh. It is best to know points such as this since they might come up in the future!

... This is also a test for me for when I am going to upgrade Touma's speed and give him the reactions that he deserves... correction the combat speed he deserves since reactions is a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed is combat speed - which considering the fact that Touma can move his right arm fast enough to have his right hand grab a black wing from Accelerator and twist it to throw him off-balance to give him a small small safe all within moments, all of the tsun-tsun gags with Mikoto, and his entire shit with Othinus; he deserves combat speed instead of plain-old reactions.
MHS Kamijou lets go

Ehhh, not really, the individual arrows have very disappointing feats and even worse statements and we don't give higher ratings for things like danmaku users.
She should still have a higher rating since those arrows should be stronger than her. Also a small planet rating is fine as long as its mentioned to be from multiple arrows

If I understand the first crt correctly, are saint tiers characters getting nerfed to Island level?

I just remember her cuz she was the yandere butthole who decided torturing a boy who also happens to be someone extremely dear to a person who has the literal ability to end the world was a good idea.

Maybe? I am not sure.

She should still have a higher rating since those arrows should be stronger than her. Also a small planet rating is fine as long as its mentioned to be from multiple arrows
The arrows hurt Kazakiri and did nothing to Accel, doesn't seem any stronger than her normal attacks really.

The rating isn't fine because it's from danmaku and after several uses.

Maybe? I am not sure.

The arrows hurt Kazakiri and did nothing to Accel, doesn't seem any stronger than her normal attacks really.

The rating isn't fine because it's from danmaku and after several uses.
Did nothing?!? Accel had to reduce the damage but was still injured and your saying the arrows did nothing? The rating should at least mention it as something they can do (especially when its implied to be done quickly)

No, that's wrong!
“Wha-what?!”
Accelerator was unable to respond.
To dodge or to try and take the attack head on? Before Accelerator could fully consider
his options, the maelstrom of destruction was already upon him. Accelerator could no
longer tell the sky from the ground. In the moment that he was hit by the attack, his
body was flung ferociously around like a rag doll. Although Accelerator was able to
lessen the damage by manipulating the vectors, he still tasted blood. Snow, dirt and
sand were all tossed up by the attack, filling Accelerator’s vision with a blur of white.
“This... This is...!?”
As Accelerator was hurled towards the ground, he gasped for breath, but no sound came
out. His throat was blocked. Accelerator was able to clear the congealed blood from his
throat using his ability, and was finally able to breathe.
(****...!! What the **** was that!?)

-Baka-Tsuki

Tens of millions of destructive stones began to rain down over an area about two kilometers in radius. Divine punishment, of the same nature as the power even he couldn’t fully reflect.

He couldn’t react in time. Dodge or block? Before he could think about it, the tempest of destruction slammed into him with all its brutality. He lost his concept of where the sky and the ground was. By the time he realized he’d taken a direct hit, his body had been flung through the air. He tried to alleviate the damage through vector manipulation, but the taste of blood crawled up from the bottom of his throat. Snow, dirt, and everything else whipped up and around, whiting out Accelerator’s vision.

“Gh…gah…agh?!”

When he slammed into the ground, his voice was harsh but broken. Breathing felt impossible. Using his ability, he controlled vectors to expel the blood accumulated in his throat all at once, finally regaining the ability to breathe.

You piece of shit…!! What the hell is this…?!
-YenPress

Both translations indicate that Accelerator took some form of damage. Heck, even the anime 'technically' did so as well. And where is this overtime stuff coming from for Gabriel's Sweep spell? Like it has a thirty minute charge time-slash-reloading time after usage but I am not getting the idea on where it takes time for Gabriel to destroy half of a planet.

Back