• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

... Huh? When did this happen?
Dáinsleif. Marian Slingeneyer walked across the white snow while wielding that golden sword of dreadful power. Her gait seemed to express her persistent spite. Her legs wobbled unreliably yet she never fell. It was as if the soles of her feet were stuck to the ground with pure black coal tar.

Othinus could not use any real magic, so Kamijou Touma stepped forward in her place.

From a distance of twenty meters, Marian willfully swung the sword as if brushing cobwebs off a tree branch.

"Cut away Olympus of the Greeks. Summon Titan, the cursed giant."

An instant later, something burst up from directly below Kamijou and raised him up 120 meters.

"Gh…bah!?"

At first, he did not even realize he was holding his breath.

His vision was spinning and filled with white. The distance to the ground quickly grew overwhelmingly large and he finally realized he had been launched to a height rivalling a thirty-story building. Only then did he notice what had launched him so high.

It was a colossal humanoid figure.

A man as large as a high-rise building burst from the ground. That mass of muscle and bones with five meter fists rose up from directly below Kamijou. Rather than being struck, Kamijou had been lifted up on top of the giant. As the boy was swung around in every direction, he was not slammed to the ground far below. He instead fell on the giant's upper arm which was right below his feet.

"Bgah!! Ghh! Pant pant…cough cough!!"

I think it was against Carissa
Then he was hit with a 20-foot spear.
"It's dangerous to just sit there, you know?"

In that instant, Kamijou did not realize what it was that was approaching him.

It was one of the Griffin Skies flying above. There was no change in the red 80 meter wide hang glider itself, but there was a change in the giant shadow created by the moonlight. Its form changed as if it were rotating. It took on the form and weight of a knights' lance, turned deep red, and floated just off the ground.

It seemed the fortress in the sky and the red lance on the ground were moving in unison.

In that state, the Griffin Sky flew across the sky above Buckingham Palace.

Of course, the linked 20 meter lance cut across just above the ground with tremendous speed.

And what did this do?

Kamijou Touma received a direct blow, doubled over, and flew into the air.

"Dbh….!?"

The pain assaulting his upper body was so great that his sense of pain failed and he merely went numb. The boy flew over 15 meters before landing and rolling along the ground.

Afterwards, the numbness left and the pain returned.

"Ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!?"

Kamijou writhed around on the ground from the intense pain, but he saw a different lance approaching from a different direction causing him to frantically roll out of the way. He was gritting his teeth, but a red liquid still flowed from his mouth.

Huh, once again, Touma proves that he is a rather tough cookie that really does not deserve to be called an ordinary high-school boy that can be found anywhere... That, and Kamachi just dropped the ball when portraying "ordinary humans" and decided to just go nuts with power levels.

Huh, once again, Touma proves that he is a rather tough cookie that really does not deserve to be called an ordinary high-school boy that can be found anywhere... That, and Kamachi just dropped the ball when portraying "ordinary humans" and decided to just go nuts with power levels.
wasn't there a scene where kamijou punched Carissa so hard she flew above the roof of a castle (the anime shows him damaging said roof)?

Touma is definitely becoming stronger than the addiction to the medium. Kamachi is not so stupid that he cannot understand that a normal person will die if you hit him with a 20 meter spear, or send him flying a few hundred meters.
We even have this moment when Touma(sonic or at supersonic speed) hits Carissa in the face so hard that she punches through a stone building and then flies 2-3 kilometers away.
"Acqua!!" he yelled and the powerful mercenary responded.

Kamijou kicked off the ground reaching a height of only a few dozen centimeters and Acqua stuck Ascalon in the gap between his feet and the ground. Kamijou landed on the side of the giant sword like it was a surfboard.

Kamijou and Acqua did not discuss their strategy or even exchange any words at all.

They didn't have time for that and they both already knew what had to be done.

Mere words were not needed at that point. Kamijou's resolve could be seen in his entire body and Acqua, his former enemy, accepted that resolve by lending him his power.

"…!!"

Acqua gave a slight grunt and swung Ascalon around horizontally as hard as he could.

He was injured, but he still used the full strength of a Saint. It was clear what that action would do to Kamijou who stood on the blade.

An explosive noise rang out.

Kamijou Touma's body shot forward like a bullet due to Acqua's great strength.

(Wha-…?)

In that instant, Carissa was literally left speechless.

She could not take any attention away from bringing Curtana Original back under control. The boy with the right hand that could negate any kind of magic flew through the gaps of his many allies in a straight line for her.

At a point that may have been less than 0.1 seconds before impact, Second Princess Carissa clearly saw a powerful smile on Kamijou Touma's face as he tightly, tightly clenched his fist.

After flying over 30 meters through the air, Kamijou Touma's fist struck Curtana Original.

With that one strike, that sword that determined the king shattered.

Carissa did not even have time to check on it.

The fist that had shattered the sword continued on its path and mercilessly struck her face.

Like metal balls strung from strings striking each other, the momentum was transferred to Carissa causing her to fly off into the night sky like a bullet. She struck the roof of the crumbling Buckingham Palace once, bounced off in a different direction, and flew off even further along her altered trajectory.

Kamijou heard an unpleasant noise as his bones dislocated in his wrist, elbow, and shoulder all at the same time.

However, he landed after travelling 10 more meters before his face could be distorted from the pain. Of course, his own two legs were not enough to stop him, so he rolled along bouncing a few more times.

(Is it…over…?)

Kamijou tried to speak, but his injured body could only elicit a groan.

However, the answer to his question was displayed before him despite his inability to ask it.

With a high-pitched noise, he saw the broken end of the sword pierce into the black soil. Before his eyes, it started crumbling and was swept away by the wind.

Curtana Original was gone.

It meant that both Second Princess Carissa had been defeated and that the long coup d'etat was over
She thought she was 2 or 3 kilometers from the Buckingham Palace grounds. At any rate, she had been knocked so far away that she was having trouble figuring out exactly where she was.

We are already giving Touma a tier 8 rating + the quote was only talking about IB and not Touma himself.

Touma is superhuman yes, but so far there is nothing saying he is getting stronger due to the environment or anything like that (from the quotes i read above at least).

Nah, this is just talk that is talking about the fact that Kamachi really likes playing it fast and loose with portraying Touma as a "normal human"... On a side note, I vaguely recall somebody, from either the ToAru reddit or in a discord, mention that Touma (and Kakeru) is the only one that explicitly refer to himself as an ordinary high school boy that one can find anywhere, which is pretty funny imo.

... Speaking of the ToAru reddit, I am kinda glad that KamiKuro ship stuff isn't around here, although, this site is probably not the best place to talk about ToAru Ships. Personally, I ship Accel x Touma cuz it is a funny crack ship and I dug their interactions, but details details.

Nah, this is just talk that is talking about the fact that Kamachi really likes playing it fast and loose with portraying Touma as a "normal human"... On a side note, I vaguely recall somebody, from either the ToAru reddit or in a discord, mention that Touma (and Kakeru) is the only one that explicitly refer to himself as an ordinary high school boy that one can find anywhere, which is pretty funny imo.

... Speaking of the ToAru reddit, I am kinda glad that KamiKuro ship stuff isn't around here, although, this site is probably not the best place to talk about ToAru Ships. Personally, I ship Accel x Touma cuz it is a funny crack ship and I dug their interactions, but details details.
The art of female Accelerator really makes me wish he was waifu instead, they look cute with touma

You are Vandalieu's supporters and Toaru's too, do you think the characters that are going to be upgraded to 7A (Accel, Kakine, Gunha and L6S) have a chance against him?

You are Vandalieu's supporters and Toaru's too, do you think the characters that are going to be upgraded to 7A (Accel, Kakine, Gunha and L6S) have a chance against him?
Vandalieu has mind hax with several layers that can affect anything that views it regardless of distance (subliminal messages that mind control based on knowing them essentially) and has a huge AoE nuke that deletes spacetime and souls. (and he leads with both)
Put precog and spatial barriers on top, and no ToAru 7-A can do anything.

Hmm... Question for the folks that have been in the wiki for longer than I have... Is this the first general discussion thread for ToAru or has there been a previous one before this one?

Hmm... Question for the folks that have been in the wiki for longer than I have... Is this the first general discussion thread for ToAru or has there been a previous one before this one?
There have been several others in the past, starting with this one, I believe. And whenever a new one was made, a link to it would be posted in the current/old thread, notifying those involved.

All the way back in 2016, huh? ... Man, I feel old. Like during that timeframe, I am pretty sure that is when I started reading ToAru OT, heh. How time flies.

Regarding the Magic Gods, with how their existence is described in their speed rating, shouldn't they (at full power/base key) have some kind of acausality (I'm not sure which)? I'm guessing there's probably not enough evidence for it to be granted or maybe it would be based on a technicality, but still, I am curious as to what would happen if someone like say, The Flash, tried to travel to their pasts and kill them.

May I ask why the Magic gods don't have infinite/immeasurable speed via moving in the hidden world?

Regarding the Magic Gods, with how their existence is described in their speed rating, shouldn't they (at full power/base key) have some kind of acausality (I'm not sure which)? I'm guessing there's probably not enough evidence for it to be granted or maybe it would be based on a technicality, but still, I am curious as to what would happen if someone like say, The Flash, tried to travel to their pasts and kill them.
They existed outside of the hidden world before becoming MGs. So they have a past, which disqualifies them from Type 2.
We don't have any true indication that they would survive their past selves being killed. Being outside time isn't necessarily being beyond causality after all. So we can't say for sure that they qualify for type 1.
They evidently aren't type 3 and there is nothing mentioned about a special relationship with causality specifically so type 4 and 5 are also out.

Hmmm... there was this quote, but it can be taken one of two ways. Also, they can obviously counter time manipulation, otherwise Magic Gods could write each other out of existence.
Once Othinus obtained that, the world would literally come to an end. There would be no way of reversing the situation. A single human will would bring about a world where the infinite reaches of history would be eternally under a tyrannical rule.
Otherwise closest thing to acausality in the series is this.
No matter how perfect and happy a world the Magic Gods try to create, I will always occur at some point, regardless of the possibilities or environment involved. I am a being that transcends causality and the phases.

Hey, hey, fanta here...

Welp, I looked in fanverse and found the Class M calc for Saints that was formerly in Naruto Forums but was apparently imported into NarutoForums for reasons i don't know.... Although, if I had to guess... FanVerse is just a rebranded NarutoForum.

Lol... Anyways, the math is wrong and/or doesn't fit the formulas that we use here, i.e, the issue here is that it is using the wrong hollowness formula, and I fixed it up. Sadly, the result I gotten for the weight of a single Griffin Skies was 976021.3 kilograms or 1075.87 Tons, which is Class K, and this doesn't change even if we use the fact that Kaori grabbed five of 'em to use as a giant bludgeon to hit Carissa with - which is 5379.39 Tons... have to put this in a user blog later, among other things.

Like the six speed calcs and three ap calcs for ToAru I need to put into a user blogs. Heh. Can't forget about the four other user blogs for another verses that I need to do as well... Busy, busy, I suppose.

Hmmm... there was this quote, but it can be taken one of two ways. Also, they can obviously counter time manipulation, otherwise Magic Gods could write each other out of existence.
Yeah but sadly we can't give powers based on this logic, we tried it before.

Hey, hey, fanta here...

Welp, I looked in fanverse and found the Class M calc for Saints that was formerly in Naruto Forums but was apparently imported into NarutoForums for reasons i don't know.... Although, if I had to guess... FanVerse is just a rebranded NarutoForum.

Lol... Anyways, the math is wrong and/or doesn't fit the formulas that we use here, i.e, the issue here is that it is using the wrong hollowness formula, and I fixed it up. Sadly, the result I gotten for the weight of a single Griffin Skies was 976021.3 kilograms or 1075.87 Tons, which is Class K, and this doesn't change even if we use the fact that Kaori grabbed five of 'em to use as a giant bludgeon to hit Carissa with - which is 5379.39 Tons... have to put this in a user blog later, among other things.
I thought fanverse was the og battle wiki?

Idk, the entire reason on why I am doing my thing at this point is cuz I like the verse and I merely wanna help via providing as much help as possible! ... Also, wanna do Touma vs Homelander, but... Both Homelanders extremely upscales from their 8-B values to the point that you have to be above them AP-wise to stand a chance, and that is not even talking about the massive LS advanatges that they have - and the non-god/high tier LS calcs I am going to do are only around peak human and/or superhuman.

Idk, the entire reason on why I am doing my thing at this point is cuz I like the verse and I merely wanna help via providing as much help as possible! ... Also, wanna do Touma vs Homelander, but... Both Homelanders extremely upscales from their 8-B values to the point that you have to be above them AP-wise to stand a chance, and that is not even talking about the massive LS advanatges that they have - and the non-god/high tier LS calcs I am going to do are only around peak human and/or superhuman.
Tv Homelander upscales from his value but not to a absurd degree, as he was still harmed by character who did that feat

He was the one who did the feat, and by complete accident, mind you... Granted you do have a point here since Homelander has been injuried by people who downscale to him. Hm...

I dont really think Homelander vs Touma is any good....when the evil supe outranges, outskills, and has a massive LS advantage

Outskill with Homelander? Nah, and this reminds me that I really need to make that ToAru Skill chain soon. Everything else is true, tho. Is a funny match-up idea, tho.

Outskill with Homelander? Nah, and this reminds me that I really need to make that ToAru Skill chain soon. Everything else is true, tho. Is a funny match-up idea, tho.
Homelander has training....and has fought with Soldier boy ( who fougth in WW2) and Butcher (former CIA agent)....

Homelander has training....and has fought with Soldier boy ( who fougth in WW2) and Butcher (former CIA agent)....
It doesn't mean he is good, tho. Homelander still got manhandled by quite a few people, and had to rely on his superior stats most of the time to gain the upperhand - Plus, we have to account for Touma's own bullshit experience and fights with somewhat skilled people like Oriana and Thor for example and his dodging/block/outskilling feats with Othinus and Mikoto... Skill chains aren't too complex and just being able to keep up without much issue means that you are somewhat comparable in skill, from what I know - plus, the two people who explicitly outskilled him are Tsuchimikado, who immediately used pressure points and dirty moves on an unsuspecting Touma , and Saflee, who just sneaked attack twice without giving him a chance to fight back.

Just realized touma can now fight Kumagawa lol
That he does, that he does... Still gets stomp'ed tho. Time Skip+Book Maker+All Fiction first move combo be too strong.

Oh. ye. Just remembered... Gabby/Misha made a starry sky in WW3, right? Decided to see if I could calc that... Wasn't too hard. Just have to get the GBP of the sun (5.693e41J) and multiply it by 5000 (i.e how many stars the human eye can see), and got 28 FoE, i.e, Solar System level. This is likely already used since Misha already has 4-B in her profile, but it is probs a good idea to put this in a user blog.

Back