• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To Aru Majutsu No Index New Testament 22 Reverse Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
With the latest volume translated it is time for updates once again. All quotes are from NT 22 R, so just ctrl+f that if you want to know where exactly they are from.

Useless Mind Resistance for all magicians

The pointy-haired boy looked around to inspect the frozen people while making sure not to touch them and he spoke in a purely impartial way.

"I'd been curious whether the science side or magic side was superior, but this makes sense. They refine their lifeforce into magic power. I don't know how exactly it works, but it looks like magicians as a whole know how to handle problems affecting the mind. They must have some kind of auto-fuse that shuts down their mind as soon as something tries to take control."
All magicians seem to have a resistance to mind manipulation, however this resistance knocks them out in order to prevent them from being controlled. So it is resistance, but almost completely useless.

Elizard
Elizdard gets the ability to fire a generic magic beam

She had fired a beam of magic without Curtana, but it had not reached the pointy-haired boy.

However, she could see something like cracks running through the fingers of his outstretched right hand. Bizarre colors showed through the gaps.

Those lines were colored a shocking pink and emerald not found in nature.

The cracks seemed to writhe before silently vanishing before her eyes.

"You really wanna keep doing this?"

"…"

"I mean, do you really think you can make your whole body glow and trigger a big explosion faster than my fingers can reach Curtana Second?"

Elizard stopped moving there, as if she had gasped.
Accelerator
Aside from aving once again become better at controlling magic, Accelerator gets some tech due to Aleister's phone.

Electron beam

He pulled a phone from his pants pocket and casually operated it with a thumb.

A moment later, an electron beam resembling lightning shot down toward Queen Regnant Elizard's head.

Of course.

This was not enough to kill Elizard.

"Ohhh!?"

She roared and swung Curtana Second overhead. She released the omnidimensional slicing in the shape of a crescent moon to slice apart the electron attack that could easily bisect an underground nuclear shelter.

The beam of bluish-white light scattered like spray.

"Don't let this surprise you," said Accelerator. "If I'm doing this, I'm using everything I've got. If you're gonna harness the power of the UK as a whole to win this, then I'll harness the power of Academy City… no, of the science side as a whole. All for this one victory!!"

"Damn…you!!"

But it did not end there.

The massive electron beam was only a smokescreen. In truth, there had been a cylindrical hole down the middle like it was a giant piece of macaroni. And that meant there was room to send something down that empty space.

The item had already been launched from the space station to the surface.
Mimosa

"Don't assume that was just a bunch of light. I said I'll use everything and I mean it. By destroying the tunnel, you scattered it everywhere… I believe in Academy City it was called Mimosa."

They were surrounded by a sound much like the rustling of leaves. But they were on the stone roof of Windsor Castle. Unlike in the artificial woods, there were no leaves to rustle here.

These were microscopic specks of metal.

Those micro-weapons would respond to EM waves by opening and closing their tiny arms and tearing away a human's cells one at a time.
Flower Resistance

And it was not over yet. With control of the Mimosa gone, the prison of fluff was destroyed. And the true threat appeared from within.

It took the form of lovely flowers.

However, these were predatory plants with sharp scythes and sturdy mandibles made of flowers and other plants.

They looked a lot like orchid mantises.

But instead of being camouflaged, these insects really were made from plant material.

"!?"

"Flower Resistance. Cloning and genetic manipulation isn't exclusive to animals. In fact, with selective breeding, it's a lot more common with plants… It honestly sickens me to see it, but this kind of shit is free to roam the city if I don't get back there. And then there's no changing the world."

The swarm of mantises would devour human flesh and yet were as beautiful as jewels. They rushed toward Elizard with the force of a sandstorm. These plants moved faster than animals, moved more powerfully than animals, and would feast upon animals. That was the extent of the abnormality made a reality here.

"Don't worry. They won't ruin your country's ecosystem. They'll apparently somewhat do what you tell them with a remote because they're susceptible to EM waves."
Aleister should get the same tech, as it's his phone.

A.A.A. vs Index
In this volume Index in John's Pen Mode and the Anti-Art Attachment had a drawn out battle:

Something immediately leaped into his field of vision.

White and blue dresses flapped in the air.

Two girls surrounded by crystallizations of magic and science were flying every which way in the wide space and repeatedly clashing. It was like walking into a nightmare.

That battlefield was hell on earth.

As large as the dance hall was, it was still just one indoor room. Index and Misaka Mikoto were targeting each other and firing all throughout that space while controlled by John's Pen and the A.A.A. respectively. They did not show any ordinary reactions such as worrying about their storybook skirt spreading out or their flat chest's contours showing through their lingerie-like dress. It was like being caught between two warships engaged in combat. Even if they had no intention of doing so, a single hit would kill you instantly. In fact, Windsor Castle itself might not last if a wall or the ceiling was blown through. The building could crumble and bury them alive at any moment.

"John's Pen."

That trap had supposedly already been lost, but if the residual memories remained, Shokuhou Misaki's Mental Out could restore it within the silver girl's mind. She could not directly control the girl, but that could change if she restored the backdoor previously installed there. It was like restoring your malfunctioning computer to an older state and bringing back a virus you thought you had already eliminated.

"Stop Misaka-san! Hurry!!"

"Warning: Chapter 0, Verse 0."

Creepy magic circles appeared deep in her lovely eyes.

The silver-haired girl in a storybook princess's dress moved in an inhuman way that may have been even more lifeless than Misaka Mikoto with her blue veil fluttering like a curtain.

(It… worked???)

And.

And.

And.

"Illegitimate contact detected. Response level: top priority. Destroying all possible suspects to restore security stability."

That may have been a taboo she never should have touched.

Shokuhou Misaki knew she was no longer worthy, but she still reached for her chest.

She reached for the cheap emergency whistle she had been unable to throw away.

(Ah.)

But was it really any help at all?

The uncontrollable conclusion had finally begun.
Index Should scale in speed to the A.A.A.

But should the A.A.A. scale to Index's AP?

It was suggested that aside from Dragon's Breath Index spells might be considerably weaker and to create a separate AP for those that then scale to the A.A.A. instead of Index's current AP.

Question is if that is truly reconcilable with the calculating optimal approach that John's Pen Mode usually uses.

In any case the A.A.A.'s AP should scale to Index's dura and Index's AP (whichever option we take) should scale to the A.A.A.'s dura.

Touma's Dragon Key
In this volume Touma temporarily lost Imagine Breaker and gained the power to cover himself with a dragon shell instead.

In this dragon form he has considerably superhuman strength and speed. The most notable thing is that it can do small bursts at Kanzaki's speed.

(I pulled the string, launched the mandrake, and escaped outside.)

It sounded simple enough, but that meant performing three actions in front of a Saint who could move at the speed of sound.

It was only for a moment, but he had kept up with Kanzaki Kaori's speed.

This was no time to be thoughtlessly chalking it up to luck. He might never return to being human now. After all, no doctor could explain what was happening to him here. This went beyond simple athletic abilities. He felt like there was something subtly wrong with the world he was seeing and hearing and even the flow of time. Incredible fear crawled along his spine.
Aside from that the shell also protected the Touma within from a shot of Misaka's railgun.

A shockwave erupted in the party hall with a sound like someone beating a drum taller than she was and all the surviving windows shattered. She showed no mercy. She started off with her railgun. The arcade coin was accelerated to three times the speed of sound and it left an orange trail behind it as it mercilessly pierced the monster's side.

Its side broke.

There was a squishing sound.

But it was not enough to stop it!?

With a deep boom, the monster swung down its right arm again. A meteor fell with a sky-blue light. Kamijou moved his right arm instead of his head.

Had the railgun attack thrown off the monster's aim?

It just barely missed and tore through the carpet and the hard floor beneath.
That means Building level durability and Massively Hypersonic burst like movement.

I'm a bit at a loss for the stats besides that, though. I think it is at least physically superhuman in all stats.

I will add any other changes to the op when they come up. Please try to keep it to this volume, though.

im ok with most thing but i would add 2 key with touma 1 for the fake and one for OG

What should we do with magician resistance to people clearing field tho ? should we add that they have some resistance to magical based MC ?

btw the quote are all the same

How the f*** did the quotes all end up the same?!? Fixing this real quick.

I want to bring up an extra thing for Curtana:

That sword was an extreme spiritual item that fully united the three factions and four regions of the United Kingdom; it could draw on a portion of Archangel Michael's power while on British territory. If a qualified user released that power even for a moment, a swing of the sword would sever all dimensions at once and giant ruined materials would be created along the line of the slash.

Yes, all dimensions.

Assuming it could hit, that extraordinary power could penetrate the barrier between worlds and kill a being lurking in a different phase… for example, Holy Guardian Angel Aiwass who stayed in the layer of physical laws at the very bottom.

So, non-physical interaction and reality warping. It can cut barriers between worlds, different layers of exisence and etc.

That's neither reality warping nor non-phyiscal interaction, though. It's just part of the omnidimensional slicing spell. Given, one can add that the dimension cutting includes phase cutting. That doesn't really mean anything outside of to aru, though.

That's not just spatial hax. It can cut Aiwass' non-corporeal self at the base world. Thats non-physical interaction and limited reality warping by "slicing" different layers of existence/reality. It's just a part of the Omnidimensional Cutting, but still worth having it on the profile

should Elizard also get some kind of demon sense? I'm not sure what it would be called but she was able to sense Qliphah's presence. Mirgates was also able to sense her but I'm not sure if that means all the knights, at least other high tier knights would have been able to as well; probably but that would only be a guess.

Malox1696 said:
What should we do with magician resistance to people clearing field tho ? should we add that they have some resistance to magical based MC ?
A people clearing field isn't full on mind control, tough. It is a technique that manipulates the subconscious to divert peoples attention, but something sufficiently noticable, like a loud explosion, can pretty much cancel it. (See Norse Mythology SS chapter 7 part 2)

Magicians can straight up find other magicans when they set up a people clearing field (probably due to some magic detection, See Volume 17 chapter 3 part 9), so it is more likely that the diversion of attention just doesn't work all that great due to it being very noticable for magicians.

Or otherwise it might just be common magicians having common counters against the most common techniques.

In any case I don't think it's sufficient evidence to give all magicians resistance against MC without the downside. Especially since the downside was never actually said to be just against science as far as I am aware (quite frankly, magicians don't usually take precautions specifically against science stuff since it is not their world)

Well it depends on the clearing field, all the thing that happened in ot 16 was under the field and that was more than just an explosion and it can even be used to knock people unconscious (as shown with coronzon)

I think they should have some resistance to magic based MC for other forms they have the useless one

I'll just toss this here too for Accelerator profile tweaking.

Gravity and Light manipulation should be added (limited light at least) since he demonstrated gravity defying feats in OT15 against Kakine and has stated that he allows the vectors of Gravity to affect him in OT5 if I recall correctly along with Light, which he should be able to direct towards people.

Information analysis through vectors.

Pre-headshot scaling to post headshot since vectors don't magically get stronger when your brain literally becomes crippled. They should be scaled the same, but not to Platinum wings of course.

Removale of Pre-NT22 Accel key would be helpful too since there's no much of a point for it and should just be labeled 'current' if anything. Anti-Magic reflection addition with Platinum wings as well.

SchroKatze said:
That's not just spatial hax. It can cut Aiwass' non-corporeal self at the base world. Thats non-physical interaction and limited reality warping by "slicing" different layers of existence/reality. It's just a part of the Omnidimensional Cutting, but still worth having it on the profile
I agree with NPI for being able to potentially hit phase beings. Also Aiwass and Coronzon missing non corporeal like Gabriel for true forms.

On AAA and Index.

Actually this is a tough one, thinking on it. Neither seemed to be really hurting the other so can we really give the AAA High 6-C AP due to Index's High 6-C dura?

I agree with the revisions mentioned in the OP.

I agree that Accelerator should have Gravity Manipulation, since we see him stick to the building's wall like it was the ground, he can manipulate his reflection to affect gravity and it might be the force he manipulated to put Kakine into the ground with a gesture for all we know. He should theoretically also be able to do things with Light, but hasn't used it like that so far.

He should also get Information Analysis via reading things through vectors. From vol 19:

Accelerator knocked the rescue worker aside without even waiting for him to finish speaking and moved to the spot the man had previously been in. He leaned over and reached a hand up to the switch of his choker electrode. He then lightly reached a hand towards the pregnant woman's belly.

He had once calculated back from the electrical signals on the surface of the skin in order to completely rewrite the structure of a small girl's brain so he could save her. It was not difficult for him to gather accurate information on the fetus by touching the pregnant woman's belly.

(…Gender: Female. Weight: 244 grams. Nutrition Supply Level: 3825. Consciousness Operation Rate: 3.8. Heart Rate: 60. Stimulus Reaction Rate: 5.52. Cell Division: 88…)l.

Also should get Enhanced Senses whenever he has his reflection up (from vol 12)

"Like I said before, finding a lost child is part of my job. Now then. I just had to analyze the music playing in the background of her phone call to determine her location."

"Hmph. Are you talking about that sound no one hears that plays all over the city?"

"Oh? So someone actually noticed. Technically, it's a wave with a frequency lower than the audible range for humans."

"You idiots," spat out Accelerator.

He was an esper with the power to observe, calculate, and control every type of vector. If he missed the vectors he could not see or hear, he would never be able to defend against things like radiation.

I disagree with it, but if we are going to only have 1 post-headshot base key, then we should at least remove Kakine's scaling to Accelerator for fighting him in Base.

Should OT 15 Kakine really be scaled to Accel anyway? Accel was holding back and not taking the fight very seriously and when he did Kakine was easily defeated. I mean we don't scale Elizard to Accel and Junko to Gunha because we know they were holding back but shouldn't this be the case for Kakine as well?

I think it's unwise to scale anyone to Accel that isn't himself unless he's tossing turbulance rocks like at Kakine since his vectors kind of ignore durability to a point as he's not been shown to have a true limit, like how he can kick rocks that tear-through Archangel Powered beings and can end fights without any destructive force with vector punches. Kakine has always only been Building-City Level to me since his power isn't in his destructive force, but in his ability to create. His durability should be extremely up there though via Dark Matter.

The Dark Matter spin off is only a one shot so we probably won't get much depth to it.

I agree about Kakine only being around Building Level in AP. Kakine doesn't have massive AP and never did, not even in NT 6. His power is based on creation and it's his durability that gives him a boost or rather makes him hard to kill, at least his dark matter self anyway.

dragon form touma fended off kanzaki attack with her sword so it should scale, and he survived a casual hit from accel (that expected it to be negated) totally fine even in his human form

The newspaper-dress girl screamed and the white demon wordlessly moved his hand in a slapping motion, no, a clawing motion that tore into the air.

Kamijou Touma had nothing to negate this now, so he and his chair were blasted more than five meters back.

"Avwhoabwahhh!?"

"What the hell? That actually hit you?"

The one who hit him was actually trembling.

Normally, Kamijou Touma might have had all his bones shattered as soon as he hit the floor, but he instead found himself caught hanging upside down from an artificial Christmas tree.

"D-dyoo you get it now? There'sh shomething wrong with my right hand."

Palm-sized fairy Othinus (who had skillfully kept her position atop the boy's body like a clown balancing on a ball) spoke up in extreme exasperation.

"I'm not sure you can say anything about misfortune after surviving an attack like that."

"Ah! Does not having Imagine Breaker mean no more misfortune!?"

Kamijou Touma ignored the tall priest at the end of the hall and instead threw a serious punch toward the wall to his side.

It was almost like both sides had matched their timing.

The thick inner wall crumbled away as a black-ponytailed swordswoman burst through. Kanzaki Kaori's long sheath crashed into his thick claws.

"Did you use your transformed senses?"

The blow was stopped well before she had expected, so it had to have hurt as bad as swinging a bat into a concrete wall. Kanzaki grimaced a bit from the unexpected pain.

I agree with the stuff in OP so far and lazy and click's additions

Queston, shouldn't Elizard's reaction to the electron beam be a solid MHS+ feat? Could prob be Rel~ but that's prob inconsistent with Saint+ chars.

Malox

I don't think we can scale dragon Touma to Accel as it was only a casual attack and he didn't put that much force into it but it was enough force that would have probably killed most humans. But he should scale to Kanzaki.

That's why i said casual, not full power, and it was base form not dragon form which is even weirder

btw he did hit with the expectation to be negated, in fact he was trembling with fear of having him killed

Just because he expected it to be negated doen't mean he hit Touma full force, which he didn't, no where near. The most one can say about that scene is that base Touma has wall level durability. But he doesn't scale in AP nor does he have planet level durability in base.

Malox1696 said:
That's why i said casual, not full power, and it was base form not dragon form which is even weirder

we agree, i was just saying it was not a fake hit (or so called GAG damage)

I didn't say it was fake just that it didn't have much force behind it in terms of Accel's standards. I don't understand the argument you're trying to make or what you think base Touma should scale to.

touma can encase himself in the shell of the dragon that gives durability, but already without IB and shell he survived a casual accel hit (that was supposed to kill him at least as mentioned by the narration) and if i'm not wrong he survived an AAA attack and some more in the later part of the novel, always without shell, i m unsure if the increase durability comes from the dragon arm or the blessing of the MGs that now can affect touma similar to a saint as he doesn't have IB (it has been mentioned in nt 13)

at least it was wall lvl as it was supposed to kill touma normally, but again he did get hit by the AAA before and other random pendex and AAA attack later, that's why i though 8 c or 9 a

For the feat of Elizard's cutting the laser

> He pulled a phone from his pants pocket and casually operated it with a thumb.

A moment later, an electron beam resembling lightning shot down toward Queen Regnant Elizard's head.

Of course.

This was not enough to kill Elizard.

"Ohhh!?"

She roared and swung Curtana Second overhead. She released the omnidimensional slicing in the shape of a crescent moon to slice apart the electron attack that could easily bisect an underground nuclear shelter.

The beam of bluish-white light scattered like spray.

"Don't let this surprise you," said Accelerator. "If I'm doing this, I'm using everything I've got. If you're gonna harness the power of the UK as a whole to win this, then I'll harness the power of Academy City… no, of the science side as a whole. All for this one victory!!"

"Damn…you!!"

But it did not end there.

The massive electron beam was only a smokescreen. In truth, there had been a cylindrical hole down the middle like it was a giant piece of macaroni. And that meant there was room to send something down that empty space.

The item had already been launched from the space station to the surface.

@Scrlk check our Saint speed justifications. Chars who are around there and above this, like Pre SK Acqua, Carissa w/ Original and Silvia would scale to Elizard w/ Second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back