• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And people continue to fill that loss ratio. The shit Fairy Tail character go through on this site alone....>.>

You know what, I'll humor this thread, I haven't debated FT in a long while. How does counter work?

It passively reflects damage that's dealt to her by half every time she's struck. And she can proc Sol to restore any health by dealing damage to Erza.

Counter

This is dangerous yes, but mainly at close range. This logic of reflecting half damage sounds pretty game mechanics-like unless you can give me a source that tells me how this damage is being reflected. So I will ask. How does this work? Does it send a shockwave back? Does she just launch a counter blow? What does the game imply that is happening? What kind of reflection is going on? Not to mention that in series it does not activate 100% of the time.

In Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Counter has an activation rate based on the user's Skill stat. If it activates, it will inflict half the damage the user received back at the attacker, regardless if they are adjacent to them or attacking from a distance. It is a starting skill of Titania and can be learned via a Counter Scroll.
Cutting out Game Mechanics.

Counter is activation based upon a random chance. If it activates, it will inflict half the damage the user received back at the attacker, including ranged attacks.

And even with the reflection, Erza will only take half the damage dealt. Erza is no fool. The moment she sees that "Hey, she can send a counter blow back at me", she will play the range game. At this point she can perform the legendary maneuver known as dodging, and dodges the reflected blows. Not to mention Erza also has elemental attacks that she can use. Erza has the versatility advantage here.

Sol
The most dangerous ability here, but like all abilities in Fire Emblem, they are not always activated 100% of the time. This is never brought up in gameplay nor in lore and we should not assume as such. Also Sol is only useful within Titania's attack range. If Erza decides to go the range game post first Counter, Sol is useless. Not to mention that it can be dodged.

CQC
People truly underestimate Erza's skill with a blade. She's not just some red-head swinging a blade. She is a highly skilled and highly intelligent swordswoman. Titania may in fact have the skill advantage, but Erza also has Flight Armor in which boosts her speed. Meaning that Erza will have the speed advantage even if it's ever so slight. This will allow Erza to attack and dodge faster than Titania.

This is not even mentioning the elemental armors that she can use to aid her. Even moreso Heaven's Wheel allows for a balance of close and long range attacks at the same time. Meaning in close quarters combat, Erza has the versatility to keep Titania occupied. Not to mention flight is also still a slight advantage. Sol makes this dangerous though, however I addressed the issues with Sol above.

Titania and Range Experience
Titania has indeed fought ranged archers and mages before. However, in both cases, Neither really could do both close and long range at the same time nor did they have as many ways to further the gap.

Titania can eventually catch up. However, Erza can change armors on the fly and Flight Armor will allow Erza to out run Titania or perform hit and runs. She has more options to widen the gap than the mages and archers Titania has fought.

Overall
Titania has many dangerous abilities and the arsenal to defeat Erza. However, I feel as though Erza's versatility and ability to adapt to said arsenal on the fly. She also has more of a likely dodge rate than Titania due to the Flight Armor speed boost as well as her different winged armors. So either Erza has my vote or Inconclusive depending on how each side set up tactics.

Erza for Dragon's reasons

Shrug_ds1.png

Flight isn't really a factor here considering that Titania has fought and killed numerous Laguz Ravens before.

Also you can't dodge the reflected blows. It's a passive ability that activates regardless of how much of a speed advantage they have.

Titania is also no slouch in fighting. She was a former soldier in the Crimean army, has been a mercenary for a long time, and has been into two full wars. 3 If you want to count the army of Ashera followers, and has survived the onslaught of soldiers in the serenes forest with the Greil mercenaries. All the while defending an unconscious heron.

On top of her armors breaking apart, Erza's going to run out of options really fast, especially when she gets hit with counter, and very few of her armors rely on range.

Elemental armors? Titania has fought people with different elements and won numerous times.

Looking over the profiles I see Titania's range is ten's of meters with hand axes and javelin's vs Erza's which is hundreds of meters with Heaven's Wheel Armor. What's stopping Erza from just sitting back and flinging swords at her after she realizes that counter is a thing?

"Flight isn't really a factor here considering that Titania has fought and killed numerous Laguz Ravens before."

I literally addressed this.

"Also you can't dodge the reflected blows. It's a passive ability that activates regardless of how much of a speed advantage they have."

Game mechanics. Show me scans these skills outside of gameplay being a type of homing attack. Otherwise this point is invalid.

"Titania is also no slouch in fighting. She was a former soldier in the Crimean army, has been a mercenary for a long time, and has been into two full wars. 3 If you want to count the army of Ashera followers, and has survived the onslaught of soldiers in the serenes forest with the Greil mercenaries. All the while defending an unconscious heron."

I never said nor argued she was a slouch. I said that Erza was not as outclassed as people were writing her off as.

"On top of her armors breaking apart, Erza's going to run out of optioand really fast, especially when she gets hit with counter, and very few of her armors rely on range."

Did you fully read my post? I addressed counter and range completely in regards to Erza's armors. You also assume Erza is just going to be a sitting duck and allow Titania to just destroy her armors. Something Erza is not going to do.

"Elemental armors? Titania has fought people with different elements and won numerous times."

Yeah and? You are speaking of Mages correct? Erza is no simple elemental mage. Erza's not a castor who has to rely on their opponent not attacking her while she is casting magic. She can blatantly use more than just elements. Said Elements are purely a range option.

@Dragon almost every mage in FE can cast magic while being attacked. You're forgetting that she's fought mages who worked in unison to attack from close and afar.

@Desmond Titania can get close enough to even get into the range with her counter.

but one titania is better than the other. I'll give you guys a hint. It's the one that has red hair and wears armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back