• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering System Revisions - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Continuing off of this thread, please keep civil and on-topic. The bulk of the proposals of this revisions and the reasoning for them can be seen in the OP, but slightly more in-depth descriptions of what exactly will change regarding the definition of Outerverse level can be found here and here, but anyways, the most easily perceivable change is that it will be split into subtiers.

Nevertheless, the proposals have already been agreed with, and the only point of contention is how are we going to arrange the subtiers for Outerverse level. There are a few ways this can happen:

Option 2

• The currently defined 1-B (12-D and up unto any higher finite number of provably superior higher dimensions/levels/layers/planes of existence) is moved back to Low 1-B
  • Stuff involving infinite higher dimensions/levels/layers gets moved back to 1-B
  • Stuff involving an uncountably infinite number of higher dimensions/whateveryougetthepoint gets its own tier, High 1-B
  • Baseline "Outerverse level" stuff and up gets knocked down to Low 1-A, with infinitely-layered stuff on this scale getting a "+" modifier next to a character's Attack Potency (Outerverse level+).
  • Characters who transcend any extensions of Outerversal Hierarchies get their own tier as well, 1-A
  • Characters who transcend 1-A by the same degree it transcends Low 1-A are Tier 0.
Option 3

• The currently defined 1-B (12-D and up unto any higher finite number of provably superior higher dimensions/levels/layers/planes of existence) is moved back to Low 1-B
  • Stuff involving infinite higher dimensions/levels/layers gets moved back to 1-B
  • Stuff involving an uncountably infinite number of higher dimensions/whateveryougetthepoint gets its own tier, High 1-B
  • Baseline "Outerverse level" stuff and up gets knocked down to Low 1-A
  • Infinitely-layered stuff on an Outerversal scale becomes 1-A
  • Characters who transcend any extensions of Outerversal Hierarchies become High 1-A
  • Characters who transcend High 1-A by the same degree it transcends Low 1-A are Tier 0.
Option 4

• 1-B and its subtiers are left untouched.
  • An uncountably infinite number of higher-order stuff (higher layers, levels, space, what have you) gets ranked at Low 1-A.
  • Baseline Outerversal stuff remains 1-A, with infinitely-layered stuff on this scale being represented by a modifier next to the Attack Potency of whatever character is at this scale (Outerverse level+).
  • Characters who transcend any extensions of Outerversal Hierarchies become High 1-A
  • Characters who transcend High 1-A by the same degree it transcends 1-A are Tier 0.
This is evidently a staff-only thread. Of course, you can argue for the Options, but again, preferably keep the arguments as smooth and brief as possible, and avoid arguing based on personal preference.

Also, Nepuko helped out so much in the old threads that I think that he can be allowed to comment here.

In addition, Agnaa and VenomElite are honorary respectively retired staff, so they can also comment.

Wait a minute, for option 3,Transcending a Low 1-A like a Low 1-A transcends everything else means you are High 1-A. But how about characters who transcend a normal 1-A (Infinitely Outerversal)? Would they be High 1-A or tier 0

Transcending a Low 1-A character by the same degree it exceeds the rest of the system is just a higher level of Low 1-A.

@blue I believe they'd be High 1-A. Transcending "Infinitely Outerversal" characters.

@Ant thanks! Also, this dude here....is a dude ;-;

As said before, Option 3's still my pick, more than ever. My last small issues with this option were solved with the last posts of the previous thread, and it seems we have enough verses/characters to made infinite-layers above Outerversal its own tier.

For those that find it weird that "Infinite" stuff is "the core" of Outerversal in Option 3, I'll ask you to look at what 1-B, the "core" of Hyperversal, represents in both options : " infinite higher dimensions/levels/layers gets moved back to 1-B ".

Option 3 also roughly mirrors the Hyperversal part, where Low 1-A is finite, 1-A is infinite, High 1-A immeasurable.

I'm for option 3. We get to keep both Low 1-A and High 1-A, which I feel holds a lot more weight than just a simple +, especially on this scale. It will also avoid the occassional mistake that a Low 1-A and a Low 1-A+ are the same thing (God knows that has happened with 2-B and 2-A).

But I'm open to anything, really.

Just to be clear.

Wouldn't that qualify for the infinite transcendence that 1-As would have?

Not really, the stuff you mentioned is just one higher level above whatever level the character being transcended is, at this scale.

Huh, I always thought that would at least be infinite since the gap between 11-C and Low 1-A has so many degrees of infinity between it. But I digress, where would characters like Gan go then? Most of the current tier 0s are tier zero because they view 1-A as no different than 11-C. Which apparently qualifies them for "transcending 1-A structures completely?" I can pull up the thread if need be since it goes more into detail than I can.

Some of our current tier 0 characters should probably be downgraded to Low 1-A in the new system (Yes, including Kami Tenchi, and no, I do not have a problem with this).

Only a comment. I believe that all 0's should be downgraded to baseline Outerversal. If someone wants to go back up, they have to justify it like they would justify any Tier change. This also applies to verses which have very high 1-A hierarchies but no widely accepted explanation.

CRT, no more ad-nauseam half assed attempts.

You want a single thread to classify every single 1-A character and hierarchy? That will be a mess.

Downgrading everyone would encourage each verse's supporters to put on big boy pants and stop slacking off with much needed explanations.

Yes, in concrete I'm looking at Cthulhu Mythos, Daimao and Masada. But of course it would affect all 1-A/0 verses.

My apologies for derailing. Let's return to the main discussion.

I have my gripes with Kami Tenchi being the same tier as the Chousin. Maybe he isn't 0, but he is conceptually superior to them as much as they are conceptually superior to regular humans (and unlike most other cases where this comparison type of comparison is made, this one's literal).

I suppose I'll just have to explain all the context surrounding it at a later time.

Sera EX said:
I have my gripes with Kami Tenchi being the same tier as the Chousin. Maybe he isn't 0, but he is conceptually superior to them as much as they are conceptually superior to regular humans (and unlike most other cases where this comparison type of comparison is made, this one's literal).
I suppose I'll just have to explain all the context surrounding it at a later time.
Wasn't one of the problems with 1-A having people who transcend baseline 1-A's by that much being lumped in the same tier as well....baselines?

The difference is some of those characters, while they have a similar difference, it's just power. They are still part of the same hierarchy. Hajun may be immeasurably beyond Yatou, but they are still part of the same outerversal hierarchy. Kami Tenchi completely transcends the Chousin though. It's not just "he's way stronger than us" like qualitative levels in an outerversal hierarchy. He's beyond them in all areas of existence. Conceptually superior to them as outerversal life-forms.

@Sera

Okay. You and DarkLK are better informed about this subject than I am, but I thought that the entire point of the new Low 1-A system was that you can have a googolplex number of reality-fiction differences (or other hierarchies) compared to base level characters within the tier, and still end up as Low 1-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back