• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 7-C The Legendary Aztec Warrior Tournament (2023): Red vs Post-Arc Reactor Electro

lIBnCRE.png
VS
OKfnvIz.png

Match Rules:
  • Both are Low 7-C
  • Speed will be equalized
  • Prep time of 8 minutes for each combatants
  • Both start 20 meters away from each other

latest
vs
latest

Result:
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
Red:1.17 Kilotons1 (Spilxion)
Post-Arc Reactor Electro:2.83 Kilotons
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
yeah that too

anyways i do think with the eight minute prep time red would PROBABLY pick the ideal slingshot, of which would increase the AP of his first hit. so theres that

Very well then does Electro has counter to those ? Or skill advantage to avoid
Here’s how I see things (at the moment)

Red has a lot more abilities that give him a large versatility edge over Electro. That being said, Max has far greater mobility, even taking into consideration the mobility-amping stuff Red has. Along with that, Electro has teleportation at his disposal, which he’s used in combination with enhanced senses to dodge an attack from behind. His abilities also allow him to attack and restrain multiple targets at the same time

Red does have teleportation of his own TBF and is a more experienced + skilled opponent. But the difference is that his method of teleportation is not nearly as exploitable, his standard tactics wouldn’t opt for him to use one of his more potent abilities early in the fight, and once he’s restrained by Electro’s greater LS (something he’s done a lot in character and with a ranged attack might I add), I could see Max taking a swifter victory

I’ll vote Electro since given his standard tactics, mobility, and greater LS, it’s more likely he’s going to take out Red, since Red’s more potent wincons wouldn’t be utilized early into the fight

I'm gonna note that Red has many ways to last until he brings out the bigger stuff. He has many different types of forcefields which greatly reduce damage like the Samurai hat sets Defensive Formation ability which allows him to take 50% less damage from incoming attacks, or Stone Guards Ancestral Protection which reduces the damage of any Enemies that hits him by 40%. There's also the Paladin hat sets Holy Strike ability which heals 40% of Red's heath every time he lands a hit and the Guardian hat sets Overpower ability which reduces the target's attack power by 25% on hit. Red's weapons also have a chance of applying the stun effect which knocks out the target and leaves them vulnerable for a turn.

I'm gonna note that Red has many ways to last until he brings out the bigger stuff. He has many different types of forcefields which greatly reduce damage like the Samurai hat sets Defensive Formation ability which allows him to take 50% less damage from incoming attacks, or Stone Guards Ancestral Protection which reduces the damage of any Enemies that hits him by 40%. There's also the Paladin hat sets Holy Strike ability which heals 40% of Red's heath every time he lands a hit and the Guardian hat sets Overpower ability which reduces the target's attack power by 25% on hit. Red's weapons also have a chance of applying the stun effect which knocks out the target and leaves them vulnerable for a turn.
I’m not saying Red can’t last in the fight, he definitely can. It’s just that based on Electro’s mobility and use of his abilities, I find it more likely that Max is going to defeat him before Red can activate any of his more potent abilities, since Red’s early battle tactics aren’t too reliable

And for what it’s worth, Electro’s had no trouble tagging much more mobile + agile opponents as well as those who slingshot themselves at him

mainline.

also iirc red has some lightning tanking stuff? i'm pretty sure in angry birds epic he tanks lightning attacks
Tanking lightning wouldn’t necessarily make him immune to Electro’s attacks. For one, given the RPG format of Angry Birds Epic, you’ll have to clarify if his character can take lightning attacks and not die or straight up just remain unfazed by it. Though given how that game operates, I’d be surprised if he had a straight up immunity to it. And if it’s just that he can take lightning attacks and survive because of health, it doesn’t immediately equate to him having a resistance

Plus, Electro doesn’t just attack people with lightning. He’s often shown holding them in place while coursing electricity through them, induce paralysis while keeping them restrained

Additionally, remember that Electro has a higher AP than Red

im well aware that tanking doesnt equal resisting, however i do feel like it is worth mentioning, regardless. allow me to elaborate on some other points i should probably get into:

So to start off with the obvious, glaring advantage. Raw AP. While yes it seems like an Electro advantage at first, and no doubt it is. It's worth mentioning that I believe that Red's AP is actually HIGHER than what you may think.

To start off with my main evidence, birds are actually capable of one shotting pigs who tanked the 1.17 Kiloton blast, this isn't necessarily game mechanics either, as pigs are shown to be dazed in cutscenes, and most likely incapacitated. Red can also close the AP edge with forcefields that increase his defensive capabilities. And seeds/potions to increase his general AP

But now onto the more interesting arguments that I'm SURE people want to see: Red's abilities

Right off the bat, Electro's mobility is admittedly a problem to some extent. But Red has plenty of AOE and ranged attacks. His soundwave, and earthquake power up are good examples of this. Red also has a powerup that just. Blows people up from the inside out. Which would be an instant win option if he were to use it.

The Space Egg also pulls in objects and people, so that would potentially negate Electro's mobility advantage. He also has the feathers which allow him to home in on Electro. And then there's also Flock of Birds which just creates four small clones of Red to act as extra help and distractions. Along with Clone Bird, which makes a normal sized Red clone

But I feel like I should also address something not a lot of matches allow: PREP TIME

What Red can do in prep, while obviously not Batman levels, is still fairly decent. As a leader, Red should be at least a decent strategist, and he'd most likely KNOW to go in with his strongest slingshot. And potentially use his powerups.

And of course there's our lord and savior, the Mighty Eagle, who can be summoned by Red as a last resort to most likely kill Electro, as he should have higher AP via MASSIVELY upscaling from Red, the Mighty Eagle also helps the mobility disadvantage since he can fly and whatnot.

So yeah I do think Red takes this, uh... maybe mid diff i dunno

Right off the bat, Electro's mobility is admittedly a problem to some extent. But Red has plenty of AOE and ranged attacks. His soundwave, and earthquake power up are good examples of this. Red also has a powerup that just. Blows people up from the inside out. Which would be an instant win option if he were to use it.
Electro utilizes tons of much more accessible AOE attacks himself and can teleport away from Red’s own. Earthquake’s not gonna be useful here given Electro just flies all the time

Blowing somebody up from the inside out isn’t a bad ability at all, but like I mentioned, it’s definitely not something Red whips out right away

The Space Egg also pulls in objects and people, so that would potentially negate Electro's mobility advantage. He also has the feathers which allow him to home in on Electro. And then there's also Flock of Birds which just creates four small clones of Red to act as extra help and distractions. Along with Clone Bird, which makes a normal sized Red clone
Even considering the Feathers? He’s not gonna be doing much better. To start off, it isn’t a very useful homing technique. It doesn’t really home in on anything. He just moves in a straight line in whichever direcrion he wishes. His battles against the Spider-Men as well as Giant Electro make it fairly clear that he can deal with threats that have far more mobility advantages than Red has ever displayed. There’s also Electro’s enhanced senses, so it’s unlikely a clone’s gonna get a sneaky hit on Max

The Space Egg would likely be effective, but Electro can definitely escape it via his transformation and teleportation. Flock of Birds wouldn’t do much to Electro. Like with the Spider-Men, he easily restrain multiple opponents at once with his lightning, while also paralyzingly and harming them. And given that Red’s not ever gonna bump himself to Electro’s LS rating? They aren’t breaking free

But I feel like I should also address something not a lot of matches allow: PREP TIME

What Red can do in prep, while obviously not Batman levels, is still fairly decent. As a leader, Red should be at least a decent strategist, and he'd most likely KNOW to go in with his strongest slingshot. And potentially use his powerups.
Red with prep definitely has his advantages given his arsenal, but like, he’s not gonna have the means to study Electro inside and out. Red doesn’t have the accessibilities that some other more cunning characters with prep can use to their advantage. While Red can make an ideal set up, I doubt it would be enough to lure Electro into a perfect trap. He won’t even have the means of knowing which abilities will have an effect and won’t have an effect

He’s a decent strategist, but he’s going against somebody far more threatening than he’s ever had to deal with

And of course there's our lord and savior, the Mighty Eagle, who can be summoned by Red as a last resort to most likely kill Electro, as he should have higher AP via MASSIVELY upscaling from Red, the Mighty Eagle also helps the mobility disadvantage since he can fly and whatnot.
Given that it’s likely Red’s gonna be restrained with lightning + telekinesis, he won’t have the means to actually call in a last resort shot with the Mighty Eagle. If he’s in a last resort situation against Max, Red won’t be in a position in which he’s free to send out whatever he has to

So to start off with the obvious, glaring advantage. Raw AP. While yes it seems like an Electro advantage at first, and no doubt it is. It's worth mentioning that I believe that Red's AP is actually HIGHER than what you may think.

To start off with my main evidence, birds are actually capable of one shotting pigs who tanked the 1.17 Kiloton blast, this isn't necessarily game mechanics either, as pigs are shown to be dazed in cutscenes, and most likely incapacitated. Red can also close the AP edge with forcefields that increase his defensive capabilities. And seeds/potions to increase his general AP
I wish this was clarified in the OP, since it always helps to have a better idea of where the upscaling is for a value

Though honestly, I feel that this fight pretty much comes down to Red’s fighting style not really being ideal for fighting Electro. Yes, he has good abilities at his disposal. But with how we’ve seen him fight and strategize, it’s highly unlikely he’s gonna bust out the more intense stuff off the bat. We’ve even seen in other scenarios in which he has prep, his strategy mostly comes down to his usual method of attacking, just with more ideal placement. Sure, he can find ways to amplify his own mobility, but Electro’s been dealing with much more mobile and agile foes. Even three at the same time. Additionally, his methods of attack and abilities just make it difficult for Red to get a good string of hits in, especially since he’s gonna get restrained early on if you ask me

Well I can note a few things to help my fellow member of the flock!

So Powerups in angry birds are utilized before they go into battle/launch. Keep in mind Red isn't the type to kinda go in guns blazing he is the leader and full time strategist of the angry birds after all. He has used more covert tactics against the pigs and when equipped with his gears from Angry Birds epic it's likely that Red is going to hit him with his oneshots tbh (To remind you. Sleep manip, Black hole creation, the mighty eagle even given Red has summoned him right out of the gate before)

Also Red's electricity endurance is more of a thing that's just nice to have rather than any actual point to show that Red would be immune or something. It's to show that Electro has somewhat of a hurdle fighting a foe that's a bit more capable of enduring such blows compared to red who just has ways to pull out abilities to end the fight very very quickly

This fight feels pretty damn close but even by your own admission. To me either red is going to pull these moves out on electro as the fight gets prolonged (I don't think he would be able to stop something such as sleep manip even if he were to restrain red or even if he could given that red kinda goes through veggietales logic and doesn't really have limbs despite being able to hold and carry things)

I think Duplication is almost a game breaker in this given that this makes Red's wincon's 4 times more likely to be pulled off. Like the majority of points given had in mind the idea of a single red but now four of them are around. hitting one of the various wincon options are just far more likely in my own eyes and I think red can confidently take own Electro

So Powerups in angry birds are utilized before they go into battle/launch. Keep in mind Red isn't the type to kinda go in guns blazing he is the leader and full time strategist of the angry birds after all. He has used more covert tactics against the pigs and when equipped with his gears from Angry Birds epic it's likely that Red is going to hit him with his oneshots tbh (To remind you. Sleep manip, Black hole creation, the mighty eagle even given Red has summoned him right out of the gate before)
When has Red ever used his more potent abilities right out the gate? Even taking into consideration Ho he summoned the Mighty Eagle once, but that was in a situation in which him and his fellow birds couldn’t do anything. That’s not “right out the gate” He’s often starting out with his simple slingshot attacks

Also Red's electricity endurance is more of a thing that's just nice to have rather than any actual point to show that Red would be immune or something. It's to show that Electro has somewhat of a hurdle fighting a foe that's a bit more capable of enduring such blows compared to red who just has ways to pull out abilities to end the fight very very quickly
It’s not really that great of a point. Just because he’s dealt with lightning attacks doesn’t mean Electro’s attacks would be easy for him to deal with. Especially since Red hasn’t ever dealt with the likes of Electro’s attacks

This fight feels pretty damn close but even by your own admission. To me either red is going to pull these moves out on electro as the fight gets prolonged (I don't think he would be able to stop something such as sleep manip even if he were to restrain red or even if he could given that red kinda goes through veggietales logic and doesn't really have limbs despite being able to hold and carry things)

I think Duplication is almost a game breaker in this given that this makes Red's wincon's 4 times more likely to be pulled off. Like the majority of points given had in mind the idea of a single red but now four of them are around. hitting one of the various wincon options are just far more likely in my own eyes and I think red can confidently take own Electro
What about the points I went over about how Electro counters those? He’s easily going to see any sneak attacks coming and he can restrain multiple targets while keeping them paralyzed with ranged means. We also can’t apply the “veggie tales logic” and just say “well, he technically doesn’t have limbs yet carries things, so restraining wouldn’t do anything”. Not how this works. Plus, stuff like the Mighty Eagle requires him to use a slingshot

Duplication doesn’t increase Red’s chances at all IMO

I also feel like a lot of Red’s arguments are ignoring that he has a huge lack of mobility, which really hinders how he fights. Additionally, I feel like people are ignoring that once Electro traps Red with even one lightning bolt, it’s over. He’ll have the bird in place and fry him while Red’s helpless to respond given the paralysis being induced

Last edited:
When has Red ever used his more potent abilities right out the gate? Even taking into consideration Ho he summoned the Mighty Eagle once, but that was in a situation in which him and his fellow birds couldn’t do anything. That’s not “right out the gate” He’s often starting out with his simple slingshot attacks
Red when he has access to these abilities will use them. The mighty eagle as a summon and well gameplay element has always been launched first and used much like a weapon. I have to note that when red actually gets into a conflict one on one face to face it is pretty rare he gets into his slingshot. The actual strategy behind the slingshot is for well breaking into the defenses of the pigs rather than direct combat. This is seen extensively in Angry birds epic and the toons series

Angry birds epic takes extensively in places with battles on the ground so all the abilities mentioned are great likeliest to be pulled out. I mean tossing your entire body as a man literally built as a hazard is a very bad idea and I don't think Red will be trying anything like that especially when his target is only 20 meters away from him

Duplication

To me I think it does become more difficult especially when 1 character that was pretty difficult to defeat is now multiplied by four. I mean electro has had trouble with some of the wall crawlers swinging around him. He can get overwhelmed by the sudden number increase against him especially against foes who as mentioned above can do all that jazz.

Mobility

so this might be the biggest hangup you have in regards to red however Red has ways of improving it notably he has several powerups that can manipulate his own trajectory mid-air which would help in evading Electro has a mobility advantage but Red isn't out of luck in this regard and would allow him to stay in the game at the very least. But that is only assuming Red leads with the slingshot. Which is technically true but they are used to launch things such as the notable spells and items Red has at his disposal.

Red when he has access to these abilities will use them. The mighty eagle as a summon and well gameplay element has always been launched first and used much like a weapon. I have to note that when red actually gets into a conflict one on one face to face it is pretty rare he gets into his slingshot. The actual strategy behind the slingshot is for well breaking into the defenses of the pigs rather than direct combat. This is seen extensively in Angry birds epic and the toons series
Of course he’ll use them but definitely not off the bat. Epic and Toons also makes it clear that Red is pretty simple with his offensive. He prefers using his slingshot method and doesn’t really branch out until later

Angry birds epic takes extensively in places with battles on the ground so all the abilities mentioned are great likeliest to be pulled out. I mean tossing your entire body as a man literally built as a hazard is a very bad idea and I don't think Red will be trying anything like that especially when his target is only 20 meters away from him
Here’s the problem though. I don’t think Red’s going to instantly think “his body looks dangerous, I won’t ram into him”. Why? Well, the birds make this mistake all the time. In several Toons or other pieces of media, they slam repeatedly into something that’s gonna hurt them. They’re not dumb by any means, but they’re not as cautious as you’re claiming they are

Duplication

To me I think it does become more difficult especially when 1 character that was pretty difficult to defeat is now multiplied by four. I mean electro has had trouble with some of the wall crawlers swinging around him. He can get overwhelmed by the sudden number increase against him especially against foes who as mentioned above can do all that jazz.
Actually, Electro gave them far more trouble. With the Arc Reactor, the three Spider-Men could barely put up an offensive against Electro, struggling to even tag him due to his ranged abilities and teleportation. These are guys with insane agility and far more acute senses than anybody in Angry Birds combined. Yet Electro could manhandle them at the same time. I don’t think a fighter like Red is gonna get far with his duplication. Especially with how I mentioned he can just paralyze them while restraining them and unleash electrical shockwaves

Mobility

so this might be the biggest hangup you have in regards to red however Red has ways of improving it notably he has several powerups that can manipulate his own trajectory mid-air which would help in evading Electro has a mobility advantage but Red isn't out of luck in this regard and would allow him to stay in the game at the very least. But that is only assuming Red leads with the slingshot. Which is technically true but they are used to launch things such as the notable spells and items Red has at his disposal.
I’ve already gone over this in my posts above. Red can change his own trajectory mid-air? So can all three of the Spider-Men. In fact, so can Electro, except he can do it better than both Red and the Spider-Men

Red’s a strategist, but he ain’t a genius. He’s gonna have a hard time tagging Electro, especially given Max’s much better flight and teleportation. What’s Red gonna do when Electro teleports and paralyzed him?

would it even be possible to paralyze red lmao. he's literally just a ******* ball of feathers
Absolutely. Red still moves, does he not? He has to get himself into the slingshot and so on. Toons also makes it pretty damn clear he moves

Again, I have to remind you that his autonomy doesn’t mean he’s immune to being paralyzed. It’ll be effective in the battle

Even if someone lacks limbs, they can still become paralyzed and left unable to move/act

Back