• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 1-A vs. Tier 0 Poll

No need to be hostile, kid. But public attitudes like yours are still inviting more harm and toxicity than it should need to into the wiki. A popular consensus does not need to conflict or override a tiering system we've built and supported for so long, especially when there's few real flaws and you people are just using interpretation to justify your opinions. And it's less about commenting o them, due to the fact this was made by a staff member, in the content revision (woah) part of the forum, and I'll be real with you, chief, it also ain't the point of the thread, it's a poll more or less.

@Hop Dargoo has explicitly stated multiple times that he wants this thread to be a place for non-staff to comment.

During some time Shub-Niggurath had the "at least" in its 1-A. The only character with that definition in the wikia until it was """downgraded""" to 1-A. Other case is the The Law of Identity who is also "at least" but in their High 1-A tier. Both characters could be High 1-A: Shub's case was that it """could""" be at the level of a High 1-A without being one of them; TLoI isn't tier 0 because of the lack of absolute knowledge but the power was... """superior?""" Doesn't matter... to other High 1-A's. If we cut the High 1-A category the I think it would be better if we let the HIgh 1-A's be "at least". Now, if the tier 0 is the one that troubles a little bit more and the Omnipotence page will not be useful anymore, made me think that the 0's would be the only High 1-A and the current High 1-A be "at least". But that's my point of view... it may not be correct.

Yeah, Hop, this isn't going to be moved to staff only. This doesn't necessarily have an impact on the discussion of the other thread, but this is a place for others to voice their opinion.

Also, as a Mod, you need to not call people "kid" in a condescending way. While Cartale's comment was inappropriate, you clearly didnt read the thread or respect the normal sets' discussion, nor was your reply appropriate.

"Kid" isn't really that offensive, but I agree that this is pretty open. Dargoo made this thread as a general opinion poll. The other thread on the other hand is staff only. That being said, telling someone to "**** off" is hostile and is legitimately warning worthy.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
"Kid" isn't really that offensive, but I agree that this is pretty open. Dargoo made this thread as a general opinion poll. The other thread on the other hand is staff only. That being said, telling someone to "**** off"is hostile and is legitimately warning worthy.
Considering how utterly immature that comment was, "kid" was sorta fitting, Worst part is how unwarranted, just completely out of the blue.

@Master @1M Because it was decided in this thread to not have both tier 0 and High 1-A, and to merge them.

Masterchaotic said:
Ah ok. I wonder why that is.
Omnipotence can't exist in fiction.

Even if they're written to be omnipotent, they are not omnipotent. why? becuse they're omnipotent, but they are not, because the author wrote them to be ominpotent, but THEY are not ominpotent.

Does that make sense?

Tier O should be reserved... for us. We are Godhead almighty, and no fictional character can defeat us. We are real, unlike them. The Human race as we know it is unknowable and all-powerful to them. They cannot interact with us, because we transcend them in ways that they cannot ever hope to understand because they are words on a page, or animation, or sprites and code. If you are going to merge 1-A and 0, 0 should be left for us. We, the storytellers.

NoGoodIdeasForThis said:
Tier O should be reserved... for us.
We are Godhead almighty, and no fictional character can defeat us. We are real, unlike them. The Human race as we know it is unknowable and all-powerful to them. They cannot interact with us, because we transcend them in ways that they cannot ever hope to understand because they are words on a page, or animation, or sprites and code. If you are going to merge 1-A and 0, 0 should be left for us. We, the storytellers.
So the writer should stay and all others are tier 1-A?

Seems to make sense.

BleedingPeach said:
During some time Shub-Niggurath had the "at least" in its 1-A. The only character with that definition in the wikia until it was """downgraded""" to 1-A. Other case is the The Law of Identity who is also "at least" but in their High 1-A tier. Both characters could be High 1-A: Shub's case was that it """could""" be at the level of a High 1-A without being one of them; TLoI isn't tier 0 because of the lack of absolute knowledge but the power was... """superior?""" Doesn't matter... to other High 1-A's. If we cut the High 1-A category the I think it would be better if we let the HIgh 1-A's be "at least" 1-A. Now, if the tier 0 is the one that troubles a little bit more and the Omnipotence page will not be useful anymore, made me think that the 0's would be the only High 1-A and the current High 1-A be "at least" 1-A. But that's my point of view... it may not be correct.
Sorry that I quote myself, but I don't want this to be ignored.

Back