• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Rachel Lindt vs Licorne

I am 95% sure that speed equal would equalize to the character, not their minion. Even then, the dogs don't start fully grown and amped, they're amped over time, so it wouldn't matter anyway

Have you seen the difference between peak human and superhuman in the speed page? It's not that big
Yeah but I was hearing “can catch up with 80MPH flight speeds” and stuff until I pointed out that put them above the AP limit and then it was backtracked

just how fast are the dogs because I seem to be getting a different answer every time depending on what suits them

Yeah but I was hearing “can catch up with 80MPH flight speeds” and stuff until I pointed out that put them above the AP limit and then it was backtracked

just how fast are the dogs because I seem to be getting a different answer every time depending on what suits them
From what I've found:

Taking her hostage only proves a standstill at best, though Rachel might stop the dogs from attacking Licorne to protect herself, he’s incapable of winning from that scenario either, which would just be an hour long standstill, time would run out according to tournament rules, and it’s declared incon.

It’s a possible strategy but Licorne has to get to Rachel first

It’s a possible strategy but Licorne has to get to Rachel first
Lico can potentially blind the dogs with his suit jacket and his pepper spray, he does that in-character. Lico also has the mobility advantage, what with his small size and skill

Lico has a knife, so he could probably threaten Rachel into forfeiting match

Hmmmmm

I genuinely don’t know what to think both sides make decent arguments, I’ll just retract my vote and stay quiet in regards to voting until discussion moves on a little more

Lico can potentially blind the dogs with his suit jacket and his pepper spray
I mean, I don't think pepper spray does much to a mass of flesh and a suit jacket doesn't help as they can use their sense of smell
Lico has a knife, so he could probably threaten Rachel into forfeiting match
And she has giant dogs who will probably tear him apart if he tries it. Seriously, a gun would do a better job for that

I mean, I don't think pepper spray does much to a mass of flesh and a suit jacket doesn't help as they can use their sense of smell
Lico really only needs a few seconds to sneak up on Rachel
Is the gallery image official? Since they have eyes there
And she has giant dogs who will probably tear him apart if he tries it. Seriously, a gun would do a better job for that
Lico still has the mobilty and skill advantage, no?
He also has amazing aim (Lico threw an umbrella like a javelin and the tip of the umbrella slid right into the silencer of the assassin)

mean, I don't think pepper spray does much to a mass of flesh
The dogs have to have eyes somewhere that are not encased in flesh, pepper spray would absolutely disorientate them enough to leave them stunned for one or two seconds, which is feasibly time enough for Licorne to take Rachel hostage

Lico really only needs a few seconds to sneak up on Rachel
Lico still has the mobilty and skill advantage, no?
In a tiny open arena while being cramped by van-sized dogs
He also has amazing aim (Lico threw an umbrella like a javelin and the tip of the umbrella slid right into the silencer of the assassin)
We already established that her dogs still have autonomy and mutations even after she's incapacitated. Plus that's not really threatening anymore, is it?
The dogs have to have eyes somewhere that are not encased in flesh, pepper spray would absolutely disorientate them enough to leave them stunned for one or two seconds, which is feasibly time enough for Licorne to take Rachel hostage
How? The dogs are in a flesh sack inside the giant mass! How will pepper spray penetrate all the way in?

If the dogs were so shrouded in mass that their very eyes were completely shielded, then they would be blind...
According to her profile at least, they are in the middle so at least any damage or sensation done to the eyes or nose outside will not physically hurt or affect the creature in the middle of the thing

I don't think the mechanic of how they see or hear in the middle of that mass is explained but I do know that hurting the outside part has no effect on the dog inside controlling the mutated dog

Hurting the “inside dog” is completely irrelevant if hurting the “mutated dog” is still enough to make it react to pain. Such as pepper spray in the eyes disorientating the dogs temporarily, and stunning them for enough time to hold Rachel hostage. If the dogs are genuinely unstoppable vehicle sized balls of flesh that cannot even be hurt, then what are they even doing in a tournament like this?

Hurting the “inside dog” is completely irrelevant if hurting the “mutated dog” is still enough to make it react to pain. Such as pepper spray in the eyes disorientating the dogs temporarily, and stunning them for enough time to hold Rachel hostage. If the dogs are genuinely unstoppable vehicle sized balls of flesh that cannot even be hurt, then what are they even doing in a tournament like this?
You see that's the problem, pepper spray isn't conventional harm. It's basically poison. And they are unaffected by poison due to just being a mass of flesh

You see that's the problem, pepper spray isn't conventional harm. It's basically poison. And they are unaffected by poison due to just being a mass of flesh
Yes, but they have to have eyes, as already mentioned, that’s a classic weak spot pepper spray can target. The gallery image quite literally shows they have eyes, which they assuredly rely on for sight, not only would pepper spray hurt like hell and disorientate the dogs, but it would blind them for a while as well. They aren’t indestructible mechs being controlled by a dog within, the mutated dogs are still very much living creatures that have weak points and can be harmed.

not only would pepper spray hurt like hell and disorientate the dogs
Actually, no. The dogs are resistant to pain as seen here where they get scratched till wounded and shrug it off
They aren’t indestructible mechs being controlled by a dog within
Again, everything outside is basically dead flesh that is only affected by appropriate abilities and physical harm. Pepper spray is a poison and as said here, that won't work
Prove that he's able to poison dead flesh

I don’t have to prove that since the dogs have eyes, which are NOT dead flesh, this would be where Licorne would aim anyways also
Everything outside is made of dead flesh. There is no proof that there are places not made of dead flesh or a material completely different than anywhere else

Pretty sure her dogs were explicitly immune to poison, disease and drugs when transformed but I can't find when this is stated since parahumans is goddamn long. Even if that's wrong she can just add mass to cover their eyes, like a box over them with a hole so far ahead he can't realistically pepper spray but they can still see. She's entirely in control of adding mass to her dogs. So he pepper sprays 1 gigantic dog that would logically take a long time for the pepper spray to pass through the (non-existant necrotic and logically immune to pepper spray) system of it and then she just makes the rest too hard to do that again.
On top of that making the dogs grow is a full heal.
Grow from normal that is.
So any given dog could just run off, shrink then grow again. Instantly not blind even if they were blind which they are not because they are multiple times over immune.

Oh also voting for the bitch the other guys best plan is to mildly annoy a single target in a fight where he's outnumbered.

Back