• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Little Mac v Licorne

Well AP gap is about 1.25x for Mac, so not that substantial.

How skilled is Mac, he’s obviously an achieved boxer, but how good is he in a street smarts sense, Licorne might have a problem beating him in a fist fight, but depending on Mac’s skill could get his poison wire off

Licorne is no slouch skill-wise
He can easily defeat any assassins pursuing him, some of which were trained at elite schools
He also defeated Tsurugi Hitomoshi (who make a name for himself as a famous assassin) despite the fact "Once he grabs Lico, it’s all over…"

Hmmm, well it seems Licorne might take skill, just by nature of boxing being a very controlled combat environment, Mac (while definitely having more “street smarts” skill than any human boxer thank to the antics of his opponents) isn’t beating any world class assassins any time soon (At least I don’t think so)

Could Licorne not just poison Mac then?

Well Mac probably has some skill but seeing as this is a Danganronpa character, they probably have some backstory like killing 1000 top of the soldiers at the same time.

I don't the LS gap is that big, since Mac's LS is labeled as "At least" instead of just flat out.

Plus, does Mac even use wrestling holds in character?
Restraint victories are usually not achievable without a decent LS advantage, Max here has a slight disadvantage. The clinch is a technique in boxing, but it’s horrifically out of character for Mac to try one indefinitely, Licorne is also probably too small for it

I don't the LS gap is that big, since Mac's LS is labeled as "At least" instead of just flat out.

Plus, does Mac even use wrestling holds in character?
Shit if he's getting beat, I'd assume as a boxer that's the thing he'd resort to. Doesn't matter tho. As was pointed out, he actually has weaker LS.

Shit if he's getting beat, I'd assume as a boxer that's the thing he'd resort to. Doesn't matter tho. As was pointed out, he actually has weaker LS.
Yeah boxers go for a clinch in a spot of bother but boxing regulations mean you go only hold one for 5 seconds, Mac would never attempt one for a whole hour, not to mention due to the AP advantage the first time Mac realises he’s on the back foot is when they wire’s around him, and he’s all but lost at that point

Well he’s beaten world class assassins that could’ve one shot him from a hold for starters
That literally means nothing when we're talking skill. "Oh it's a world class assassin who could've one-shot(from what you've said it's actually a stomp) him"! All right now what are these Assassin's actual skill feats instead of their titles?

Cause Mac deals with AP advantages on him like, all the God damn time. Only like, Glass Joe didn't have AP on him.

Alright, now this debate can start!

I want Little Mac to win because I'm biased, and Jericho vs Mac would be cool asf thematically speaking.

That literally means nothing when we're talking skill. "Oh it's a world class assassin who could've one-shot(from what you've said it's actually a stomp) him"! All right now what are these Assassin's actual skill feats instead of their titles?
I mean, I’m just paraphrasing the quote
He also defeated Tsurugi Hitomoshi (who make a name for himself as a famous assassin) despite the fact "Once he grabs Lico, it’s all over…"
Also, it’s Danganronpa dude, “World Class Assassin” isn’t gonna be a title given to people who would slouch in skill if placed in the world of Punch Out!!

I mean, I’m just paraphrasing the quote

Also, it’s Danganronpa dude, “World Class Assassin” isn’t gonna be a title given to people who would slouch in skill if placed in the world of Punch Out!!
Okay I don't give a certified flying **** about Dangaronpa, now what are the skill feats? If they've got none then we assume assume he stomped someone vaguely above your average human in skill

That literally means nothing when we're talking skill. "Oh it's a world class assassin who could've one-shot him"! All right now what are these Assassin's actual skill feats instead of their titles?
According to Kirigiri, Tsurugi is an experienced assassin that was trained at an elite school.
He was also the Former Ultimate Rock Climber, and in Danganronpa "Ultimates" stand above all others in the world being the pinnacle of skill and ability in whatever Ultimate talent they specialize in
(from what you've said it's actually a stomp)
Well Tsurugi was confident he could kill Lico with a single punch

Okay I don't give a certified flying **** about Dangaronpa, now what are the skill feats? If they've got none then we assume assume he stomped someone vaguely above your average human in skill
Idk ask Adem, but all I know is Danganronpa is a verse skilled enough that anyone described as “world class” at anything in it will be somewhere in the Peak Human skill level in that area

According to Kirigiri, Tsurugi is an experienced assassin that was trained at an elite school.
He was also the Former Ultimate Rock Climber, and in Danganronpa "Ultimates" stand above all others in the world being the pinnacle of skill and ability in whatever Ultimate talent they specialize in

Well Tsurugi was confident he could kill Lico with a single punch
So just above your average soldier and such? Not very impressive considering Mac's entire damn thing is dodge goding boxers who have apsolutely dominated practically every other opponent and could practically one-shot him with one move(Mr. Sandman)

So just above your average soldier and such? Not very impressive considering Mac's entire damn thing is dodge goding boxers who have apsolutely dominated practically every other opponent and could practically one-shot him with one move(Mr. Sandman)
Isn't that the same thing Lico did tho?

So just above your average soldier and such?
No....? You’d have to cherrypick to reach that conclusion from the above paragraph. Ultimates are the pinnacle of human achievement. The ultimate programmer wrote a sentient A.I from Scratch, the Ultimate Lucky Student can make a landslide from kicking a pebble down a hill if it so suits him, etc. etc.

For the most part, yes. So they're comparable in skill. And Licorne is at an AP disadvantage.
I remain confident Licorne outclasses Mac in skill, and the AP gap is ridiculously tiny, not to mention Licorne’s the one with poison here

Back