• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Little Mac vs Rachel Lindt

Yep, Rachel stomps everyone in the tournament GG may as well not even make any of the other matches with her

Ok right so let’s look at options

A: Get a swapped character, which is unfair on Licorne who has now been eliminated by an illegitimate character

B: Flat DQ Rachel, Little Mac progresses, not a bad idea but my proposition is

C: Flat DQ Rachel, Licorne faces Little Mac in this match instead

I do understand though that options B and C leave Peppersalt without a character, and thus themselves are imperfect options

A: Get a swapped character, which is unfair on Licorne who has now been eliminated by an illegitimate character

B: Flat DQ Rachel, Little Mac progresses, not a bad idea but my proposition is

C: Flat DQ Rachel, Licorne faces Little Mac in this match instead

I do understand though that options B and C leave Peppersalt without a character, and thus themselves are imperfect options
It should also be noted Rachel herself was a swapped character, and we don’t wanna be stuck in a lengthy evaluation process where multiple characters are rejected before we get one that works

Here are the facts about the speed laid out from some looking around:
1) The dogs are stated to be able to be able to "outpace any car you'd find on the street"
I’d consoled myself with the fact that we had a pair of massive, muscular steeds that could outpace any car you’d see on the street, and Mannequin was limited to his two legs.
2) This is said by a character who lives in a city, and they are in the city
3) The dogs at one point caught up to a flying Glory Girl
Glory Girl was flying over the stampeding dogs, a cell phone pressed to her ear, in Bitch’s general direction. Ink and Bruno leaped to the side of a building and then leaped from that point toward Glory Girl. She struck Socks across the head, sending him flying to the ground, and Bruno slammed into her, knocking the phone from her grip. She brought her knee up into the dog’s side and pushed herself away before he could drive her down into the ground.
4) Glory Girl says she is capable of flying 80 mph
There were very few things, in Victoria Dallon’s estimation, that were cooler than flying. The invisible forcefield that extended a few millimeters over her skin and clothes just made it better. The field kept the worst of the chill from touching her, but still let her feel the wind on her skin and in her hair. Bugs didn’t splat against her face like they did against car windshields, even when she was pushing eighty miles an hour.
5) Glory Girl says she can move faster than the dogs, but we don't know if 80 mph is her limit, she's just saying in the quote above that she likes how bugs don't splat against her, even when she's going to 80 mph, and she's also taking the fact buildings can get in the way into consideration too.
“It’s good enough,” Rachel said.

Good enough. I flew.

Better that I forge ahead. I could move faster than the dogs, especially when intervening buildings were taken into consideration.
6) Glory Girl considers 45 mph to be a leisurely/easy pace and speed
Victoria grinned as he disappeared down the far end of the alley. She rose from her kneeling position, dusted herself off and ran her fingers through her hair to tidy it. Then she raised herself a foot off the ground and flew after him at an easy forty five miles an hour.

I mean we could just redo that match for Licorne, it'd take longer for the tournament but it'd be fair for everyone

Here are the facts about the speed laid out from some looking around:
1) The dogs are stated to be able to be able to "outpace any car you'd find on the street"

2) This is said by a character who lives in a city, and they are in the city
3) The dogs at one point caught up to a flying Glory Girl

4) Glory Girl says she is capable of flying 80 mph

5) Glory Girl says she can move faster than the dogs, but we don't know if 80 mph is her limit, she's just saying in the quote above that she likes how bugs don't splat against her, even when she's going to 80 mph, and she's also taking the fact buildings can get in the way into consideration too.

6) Glory Girl considers 45 mph to be a leisurely/easy pace and speed
What was the context behind the dogs catching her? Was she flying leisurely or trying to get away from them or something else?

Also it should be noted apparently the mutated dogs can’t feel pain and have several hundreds of pounds of flesh protecting literally any areas where they could actually be harmed or hurt.

What was the context behind the dogs catching her? Was she flying leisurely or trying to get away from them or something else?
Bitch turned and saw two capes. From New Wave, weren’t they? Brandish and Glory Girl.

Brandish spoke, “Glory Girl, call your sister. At least one of those people needs medical attention, fas-”

She stopped as Bitch whistled as hard as she could. Barking and snarling, her massed dogs charged the heroes.

After being ambushed and taken captive by the ABB, she’d learned her lesson. Hit first, assess the situation later. Besides, what was she going to do? Talk to them?

Brandish flicked her hands out, and beams of light drew into vague sword shapes. As the dogs stampeded towards her she flicked them out to double the length. They drew closer, almost reaching her, and she reconsidered, banishing the weapons to condense herself into a beachball-sized ball of orange-yellow light. The dogs hit her, there was a spray of sparks, and the ball was sent careening down the street and through the wall of a building.

Glory Girl was flying over the stampeding dogs, a cell phone pressed to her ear, in Bitch’s general direction.
So from this, it looks like it would be a high stress situation, where she would want to do things quickly

Also it should be noted apparently the mutated dogs can’t feel pain and have several hundreds of pounds of flesh protecting literally any areas where they could actually be harmed or hurt.
not entirely certain about feeling no pain, but i will say they definitely withstand plenty of things that would be highly painful and still keep fighting
Bitch sent Judas next. Oni Lee’s reaction was even slower, but he had time to throw himself onto his back, flinging two throwing knives into Judas’ face and shoulder before he disappeared.
I might have argued, told her why she couldn’t or shouldn’t attack, how useless it would be against a man that turned to a sentient gas. I didn’t get a chance.

While our attention was on Angelica, Night took the opportunity to blindside Brutus. He was thrown bodily into our group with enough force to to bowl us and even Judas over. Night just stood there, standing straight, heels together, one arm outstretched in front of her. I hurried to my feet, my legs and knees aching, putting one hand on Brutus’ shoulder to steady myself. It was then that I saw the damage she’d done to him.

A dozen gouges criss-crossed his side, each wider than my handspan. One of the gouges had even shattered some of the protective bone plating. Brutus exhaled slowly, shuddering.
The suit turned our way. Three masters, standing in the back lines while we sent our bugs, dogs and lunatic supervillain thrall into the fray.

It began to glow, steaming, and Biter virtually yelped as he threw himself off of its back. Bentley was slower to react, but he fell back, shaking his head violently as flesh sizzled around his muzzle.

We backed up a few paces as it advanced one step. It whipped its head up until it almost pointed to the sky, then opened its mouth. Blue flame streamed over our heads to pool behind us, cutting off our retreat. We had to scramble for cover before any droplets or sparks landed on us. I wasn’t sure if it was flame at a temperature I wasn’t used to seeing, if it was a liquid accellerant that just happened to be on fire or if it was plasma, but I didn’t want to touch it and find out the particulars.

Well at the very least, there's the feats above, and also this one
Our two Strangers were doing much of the work in dealing with the back line. That left us to deal with Butcher.

Bentley had recovered and charged her. She responded by hitting him with a wave of pain, putting him off his guard so she could strike him aside.

Butcher one. Inflicted agony at range.

Bentley was quick to recover, quick to push past the pain that she was inflicting and attack. She prepared to strike him again.

Regent knocked her off-balance, and she was caught off guard as Bentley struck her with one paw.

She teleported out of Bentley’s way before he could follow through with the attack, appeared in between Regent and I, surrounded by our capes. We staggered back as flame washed over us.
The pain manip power being used on them is weaker from the original version by an unknown amount, but the original inflicted enough pain to cause cardiac arrest
The first Butcher had super strength, durability, and the ability to inflict enough pain at a distance that his enemies went into cardiac arrest.
And even in its weakned state, it's enough to disable Taylor temporarily, who has a high pain tolerance due to being subjected to Bakuda's pain bomb
You have a high pain tolerance,” she said.

“One of Bakuda’s bombs, way back when,” I said. “I think it messed with my head, as far as my perception of pain. I found out what it’s really like to feel pain, real ten-out-of-ten pain. A part of me knew it was too much to be true, and other stuff’s affected me more because I knew it was tied with something real. Case in point, a burn is still a ************.”
She lashed out, hit us with raw pain.

In the agony, the feeling of fire running through my veins, I toppled from Bentley’s back.

I’d anticipated this, or something like it, knew it was temporary. I could only grit my teeth and tell myself it was almost the best case scenario, even when it didn’t quite feel like it.
So at the very least, i don't think pepper spray would do too much

Shoutout to the fact that Rachel went from being FRA train'd against in the Licorne match and now has to be removed because she's too strong. That really be a lot of Worm matches in a nutshell, since almost none of the really knowledgeable supporters do vsthreads.

Back