• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 5-C The Sky Apocalypse Tournament (2023): Superman vs Shock Rock

Ok so had it on the drive Batman uses pressure points to cripple a nonhuman in it and calls a dude skeletor in it so i had it saved, Superman's 5-C+ feat, ain't 5-C+ at all.

The context for the feat is the Emerald Empress rolled up to Oa, and drained the Green Lantern core of all its energy with the Eye of Ekron. Before going back to the future (she's from the future) she's like hol up, we can get rid of all the heroes in the future by just destroying the ******* sun, her team is like wut how, and she says "i just drained the all the green lantern energy lmao, this thing is overflowing with so much energy, it will literally rip the star apart lol".
She then proceeds to do literally that, Superman tanks the explosion pointblank and despite being launched away, he doesn't take any real damage (reminder, this movie has people murdered, skewered, and even supes himself was gutted at one point, this thing did **** all in the grand scheme of things to him), and the star starts to fall apart, requiring the sacrifice of Starboy killing himself, using his cosmic powers to pull the star back together because it literally is causing the star's GBE to fail.

It's a straight up 4-C feat, probably the lowest one on the site given it's just barely overcoming the sun's GBE, but nonetheless

Uh, gotta say, but just because he's fought people and didn't get tired, doesn't mean his stamina is infinite, limitless, or even superhuman. It just means he can last as long as he was shown to. Like what are you even on about? Hell we even downgraded Alucard just recently to superhuman even though he's never been shown to get tired, can turn into noncorporal forms, and actively lets himself get torn to shreds and killed for fun, all without batting an eye, because we don't just presume shit like that unless stated or actually shown.

He needs stamina or a feat that exceeds Superman's stamina feats, or, something that will say it will last a whole day. If he does, cool,

No he doesn't, You don't need to LAST all day to defeat Superman, Based off of the Probability of Ben using sealing in combat under 30-45 seconds as shown by the user of this transformation that's all he needs to end the fight
but the examples you gave don't indicate at such a thing, like, at all. Even Batman has better stamina feats and Superman's stamina > Batman's.
And since when does the cage last permanently? Do they say that? Or are you just assuming it does because it
Ughhhhhhh....Vilgax couldn't escape it all day and had to sit through all night something I showed a scan of along ago.
3ehUrVn_d.webp

No he doesn't, You don't need to LAST all day to defeat Superman, Based off of the Probability of Ben using sealing in combat under 30-45 seconds as shown by the user of this transformation that's all he needs to end the fight
Newsflash, he needs to last a day, because win via incap is for a day, not a minute.
And he needs to have it last a day because he sure as hell ain't killing Superman (can he even attack superman if he's in the cage?).
Ughhhhhhh....Vilgax couldn't escape it all day and had to sit through all night something I showed a scan of along ago.
That's good. Thanks for the confirmation what's stopping Superman from just smashing it to bits though casually, Vilgax clearly isn't entirely immobilized in there

ah damn if Superman feat isn't 5-C he needs to be revisioned

meaning that while Shock Rock should advance to the next round, the match won't be added to the profiles
He needs a lot of shit from the looks of things, skimming through the movie alone I spotted slightly better regen and healing, hundred/thousand km feat for heat vision, a FTL+ feat (reaches the sun in less than 25 seconds, and nearly catches the eye despite it having a few minute head start), an upgrade to Class M (catches a falling skyscraper), shockwave stuff, some decent hand throwing and of course, funny 4-C.
but this wont be me doing it, my next CRT is part 3 stuff because becky wont shut the **** up about wanting a jotaro featbox

Can he, a energy cage?
Yeah, just bash his head against it (he used a headbash against Darkseid off the top of my head, that fight should be on yt), or in that above scan like vilgax, just punch it.

By the way Ben transformed Back into a Human and went to sleep at night, Meanwhile Vilgax was sitting all night USELESS inside the cage.

INV_531.png

Cage is made up of OMNI energy special form of energy which only SR can turn on or off.

By the way Ben transformed Back into a Human and went to sleep at night, Meanwhile Vilgax was sitting all night USELESS inside the cage.

INV_531.png

Cage is made up of OMNI energy special form of energy which only SR can turn on or off.
I got it the first time brother.
Now explain why Supes can't just smash out of it.

Yeah, just bash his head against it (he used a headbash against Darkseid off the top of my head, that fight should be on yt), or in that above scan like vilgax, just punch it.
That's not answering my question. Can he destroy a energy cage? When he did so?

That's not answering my question. Can he destroy a energy cage? When he did so?
Yeah? Why wouldn't he be able to, he vastly outclasses its durability. If anything he should be able to flat out one shot it and smash it to bits, and if you're about to say because it's energy, just about everyone in the DCAU, supes included, has ****** with green lantern constructs at some point in time (and broke them).

Not that this dude's energy is nonphysical or non-interactable to begin with.

Yeah? Why wouldn't he be able to, he vastly outclasses its durability. If anything he should be able to flat out one shot it and smash it to bits, and if you're about to say because it's energy, just about everyone in the DCAU, supes included, has ****** with green lantern constructs at some point in time (and broke them).
It's not a iron cage for that, it's properties and other things are obviously different than iron cage. Just like freeze cage is different than energy net.

I got it the first time brother.
Now explain why Supes can't just smash out of it.

Because Cage durability is created with SR's LS applying the pressure (Higher LS) and making the cage stronger and reinforcing it. Unless he outclasses SR LS he can't push through it.
INV_569.png

It's not a iron cage for that, it's properties and other things are obviously different than iron cage. Just like freeze cage is different than energy net.
My dude, it's a physical object that can be interacted with that is way the **** below Supes' actual output. He could smash a freeze cage to and break and energy net. Unless you're about to argue the fields are indestructible, can't be interacted with, or whatever, they'll break just like anything else.
Because Cage durability is created with SR's LS applying the pressure (Higher LS) and making the cage stronger and reinforcing it. Unless he outclasses SR LS he can't push through it.
INV_569.png
He doesn't need to push through it, he just needs to apply AP to it, if he can move, at all, he can do so, in the multiple scans you've shown Vilgax has more than enough room to move around, or at least make offensive actions like a headbutt or an elbow, he isn't completely immobile.

He has to actually stop Superman from making use of his AP to actually immobilize him, while it's true he has a LS advantage, that doesn't mean shit if the other dude can move at all still to begin with.

And my brother in christ, "the durability is LS" isnt how it works, or this wiki works, at all, that statement spits in the face of how we do things, we use energy/joules for AP/Dura, not LS, force isn't even able to be converted to either without extra steps. And Class P LS is below exaton AP anyway in terms of actual energy, much like how generally Class M feats are 9-A, or Class G feats are 8-B/8-A once you get work or PE involved.

Imagine this, you have a 8-C with Class M LS, he grabs a 5-A who only has Class 5 LS.
Cool, he can restrict the 5-A, but because the 5-A can still actually move a bit and various things like his head are able to be moved still, he just bashes his head, elbows, or whatever, because even while most of him can't move, the parts that can would still blow the thing applying the LS out of the water, the 9-B who outclasses his LS by 1000x, gets blown to hell.

You are basically arguing that no, the 5-A can't do that, because he has lower LS so he's just ******, even though the actual energy the 5-A outputs is able to overcome the force applied, the only caveat being he has to actually apply said energy, aka, use his AP and not his own LS to escape (and in this case it's just a forcefield, that by nature would have a durability even if it has LS and can apply force).
The energy cage move, forcefields, whatever, every clip you've shown isn't a complete restriction, and in some, it's not even remotely close to that like with most of the vilgax shots you just posted, he can blatantly still move quite a bit, and in the first instance, while far more restricted, he isn't completely so.

As I think I have without a doubt proven by this point, Supes ignoring 4-c is well and beyond the actual 5-C+ calc due to just basic scaling and face tanking it, which is already like 6x above Shockrock's energy fields and what not. Simple scaling applies, Supes' max AP is enough to make even himself bleed.
He makes a good point regarding the cage. Interacting with cage too much would cause mutations since its made up of omni energy.
Too much isn't one, at best like two, hits.
I see once person saying something about ENERGY MANIPULATION
That's a hell of a segway ngl.

My dude, it's a physical object that can be interacted with that is way the **** below Supes' actual output. He could smash a freeze cage to and break and energy net. Unless you're about to argue the fields are indestructible, can't be interacted with, or whatever, they'll break just like anything else.
Since when energy attacks became physical? They can harms someone physically but ain't getting resisted or anything unless energy manp or resist to it, there not much of AP difference, so he needs hax or resist to outclass those.

guys Shock rock will advance to the second round because of Superman wrong tier

i don't think that arguing at this point is changing something

Since when energy attacks became physical? They can harms someone physically but ain't getting resisted or anything unless energy manp or resist to it, there not much of AP difference, so he needs hax or resist to outclass those.

Can people touch them? If so they physical.
First Witch already said, in a post posted by Demonic himself, that the wacky energy doesn't need NPI or what not to **** with, otherwise, he'd just **** the whole tourney because nobody could interact with him. It's been long since established the energy used in attacks is the same as himself, and as demonic just showed, the cage uses the same energy as his body, which anyone can interact with and damage.
As such, literally no reason why the energy fields cant be blown to bits, if anything, it's been said flatout they can by proxy.

Bro, the AP difference is huge, the wiki treats 7x as a one shot, Super upscales quite a bit from a feat that's almost 6x Shockrock.
If Supes can facetank a near 6x attack just fine, but throw hands and get into fights that leave them both bloody messes, with each punch, there's an upscale happening here. Supes' max output may as well be able to break his own nose or make him spit up blood is what I'm getting at, aka supes strong punch > 5-C+ feat > Shockrock.

Can people touch them? If so they physical.
First Witch already said, in a post posted by Demonic himself, that the wacky energy doesn't need NPI or what not to **** with, otherwise, he'd just **** the whole tourney because nobody could interact with him. It's been long since established the energy used in attacks is the same, and as demonic just showed, the cage uses the same energy as his body, which anyone can interact and damage.
As such, literally no reason why the energy fields cant be blown to bits, if anything, it's been said flatout they can by proxy.
His body is not pure energy so wrong equivalence. Energies cannot be interacted without energy manp or resistance to it, if no then resistance to energy manp or energy manp should have been given distributed to all those who has high AP but no.

Bro, the AP difference is huge, the wiki treats 7x as a one shot, Super upscales quote a bit from a feat that's almost 6x Shockrock.
If Supes can facetank a near 6x attack just fine, but throw hands and get into fights that leave them both bloody messes, with each punch, there's an upscale happening here.
As long as they're in the same tier, they would need to outclass hax with resistance. Shock rock ain't doing hand to hand fight for it to be a factor.

His body is not pure energy so wrong equivalence. Energies cannot be interacted without energy manp or resistance to it, if no then resistance to energy manp or energy manp should have been given distributed to all those who has high AP but no.
What? Yes, it is? I hope you aren't talking about the armor because that was never part of the equation.
And if so, well I don't see intangibility, non corporality or whatever on his profile. And if people need NPI to even interact with him or the energy, I'm going to have to say he should be removed from the tourney as that goes directly against what First Witch, and even DemonicDude, had previously established, in how you don't need NPI to interact with him despite the energy biology. And as long since established, all his stuff uses the exact same energy as his body, ergo, if the former doesn't need NPI, neither does the latter.

Energies can be interacted with by whatever the **** they're shown to be, you're treating this energy like irl sciencey energy, instead of the ayy lmao cartoon energy it is, not to discredit it or anything but if we're shown and it establishes to behave differently, idk why you treating it as some atomless stuff, which lacks most of the properties of energy as we know it. It's been established and shown to not require NPI, even by those who have argued for him.

Let's not pretend it's super secretly some noncorporal shit.

What? Yes, it is? I hope you aren't talking about the armor because that was never part of the equation.
And if so, well I don't see intangibility, non corporality or whatever on his profile. And if people need NPI to even interact with him or the energy, I'm going to have to say he should be removed from the tourney as that goes directly against what First Witch, and even DemonicDude, had previously established, in how you don't need NPI to interact with him despite the energy biology. And as long since established, all his stuff uses the exact same energy as his body, ergo, if the former doesn't need NPI, neither does the latter.
His body has DNA to begin with dude. A biological being who possess to absorb, create and do energy attacks.

As long as they're in the same tier, they would need to outclass hax with resistance. Shock rock ain't doing hand to hand fight for it to be a factor.
Dude, they have a durability, a durability quite a bit below even Supes 5-C+ calc. This isn't some abstract or unconventional hax, it's an ability, an ability that can be interacted with, an ability that can be damaged, and ability he has the AP that far exceeds its durability. He doesn't need energy manip, he just needs to hit hard enough to blow it to shit.

To give an example, do you think a 2-A can't deflect Goku's kamehameha because it's "energy" or smash through 17's forcefield's because "it's energy"? Or one of the dozen other verses I can bring up that have energy that doesn't at all behave like you're arguing it does here, despite this and those being in the same boat of being a fictional energy that behaves in its own way and in this case doesn't require NPI or what not to deal with?
Or, for example, Green Lanterns.
His body has DNA to begin with dude.
And the energy fields are made from the exact same substance as stated multiple times by multiple people who have been arguing for him. So there ya go.

Energies can be interacted with by whatever the **** they're shown to be, you're treating this energy like irl sciencey energy, instead of the ayy lmao cartoon energy it is, not to discredit it or anything but if we're shown and it establishes to behave differently, idk why you treating it as some atomless stuff, which lacks most of the properties of energy as we know it. It's been established and shown to not require NPI, even by those who have argued for him.
Yeah? His energy attacks hasn't been shown to be touched or baseball'd by wood.

Yeah? His energy attacks hasn't been shown to be touched or baseball'd by wood.
Then take that up with the profile or the multiple people saying you don't need NPI to interact with the energy, not me. As it stands they say it doesn't need to, and we even see Vilgax and shit touching it in the scans (who lacks NPI), or even a literal tornado.

This isn't hax, it's an ability, an ability that can be interacted with, an ability that can be damaged, and ability
Ability =/= hax whatttt? Energy attacks are abilities comes under hax of energy manp my guy.
And the energy fields are made from the exact same substance as stated multiple times but multiple people who have been arguing for him. So there ya go.
Bruh, are you telling me his energy attacks has DNA? He absorbs energy from surrounding, does those surrounding has DNA? He just have energy Manp, not hard to understand does it?

Then take that up with the profile or the multiple people saying you don't need NPI to interact with the energy, not me. As it stands they say it doesn't need to, and we even see Vilgax and shit touching it in the scans (who lacks NPI), or even a literal tornado.
You need energy Manp or resistance to it. That's all I care for. If he can't interact with those then here it goes. It has no anti feat for that vilgax touching a biological being is not a anti feat for energy attack by that biological being.

Ability =/= hax whatttt? Energy attacks are abilities comes under hax of energy manp my guy.
You have a pretty broad definition of hax if you think even the most basic ability is hax.
Bruh, are you telling me his energy attacks has DNA? He absorbs energy from surrounding, does those surrounding has DNA? He just have energy Manp, not hard to understand does it?
I'm not, they are. If the energy constructs are made from the exact same substance as his body, then yes, by proxy they do.

My dude, you're currently arguing you need NPI and energy manip to interact with these forcefields at all and no matter how much stronger you are than them, unless you have that, you just can't. Not only is that a NLF, established otherwise by people in this and previous threads regarding him, not at all mentioned on the profile, but that isn't even inherently true for energy manip and has to actually be shown by it, not just here, but for all energy manip across fiction, to gain these attributes.
Given Demonic even posted a scan showing the energy coming directly out of him, attached to him, to the cage, ngl but yeah I'd think so.

You need energy Manp or resistance to it. That's all I care for. If he can't interact with those then here it goes. It has no anti feat for that vilgax touching a biological being is not a anti feat for energy attack by that biological being.
Dude, Vilgax is touching the energy cage in the ******* scans posted. Not Shockrock itself.
And I already checked, Vilgax doesn't have NPI.

You don't need either of those, at all, unless the energy in question is shown and has feats of behaving that way, we under no circumstances give all energy manips across all media these by default, otherwise, using DBZ as an example again, ki would need NPI to deflect for example (it dont), or star wars beam guns would need NPI to deflect (it dont), so on and so forth. You're conflating irl atomless energy bullshit with basic forcefields and stuff, this isn't how we do things.

You have a pretty broad definition of hax if you think even the most basic ability is hax.
No I just found it hard to get how a energy attack is not a energy manp hax but rather just a normal acrobatics like abilities.

I'm not, they are. If the energy constructs are made from the exact same substance as his body, then yes, by proxy they do
You had need to prove that those energy attacks has DNA inside them not just energy attacks by being capable of manipulating energy and absorb it.
Not only is that a NLF, established otherwise by people in this and previous threads regarding him, not at all mentioned on the profile, but that isn't even inherently true for energy manip and has to actually be shown by it, not just here, but for all energy manip across fiction, to gain these attributes.
Given Demonic even posted a scan showing the energy coming directly out of him, attached to him, to the cage, ngl but yeah I'd think so.
If energy won't come from energy being then from whom? It's not NLF as they're not in different tiers for it to be a stomp, a guy surviving intense pain would get resistance to pain Manipulation, surviving electrical attack would get resist to it, controlling air would get manp or just crossing off all kinds of air attacks would get resist to it, same with space, time, reality and whatever.

WHEN Superman tier will change then his win will be removed from his profile until then (when he'll be successfully upgraded) till then logically the win should remain on the profile, Either way win remaining on the profile or not is irrelevant to me since a victory is victory so yeah.

No I just found it hard to get how a energy attack is not a energy manp hax but rather just a normal acrobatics like abilities.
Because it's not really hax, energy manip is energy manip, doesn't mean they're all built the same, it's just a generic term we use for energy-like stuff, from ki, beam guns, chaos energy, whatever. Energy by wiki standards doesn't need to be some atomless, intangible, construct, and in this case it's blatantly not.
You had need to prove that those energy attacks has DNA inside them not just energy attacks by being capable manipulating energy and absorb it.
Literally same exact substance from his body and derived from it, as established and shown, if you don't like it take it up with the profile, demonicdude, firstwitch and so on, it wasn't me who said this lad, it was them.
If energy won't come from energy being then from whom?
It comes from him, to bad the energy in question can be interacted with normally, which you don't seem to get.
It's not NLF as they're not in different tiers for it to be a stomp,
Uh, what? My brother in christ, the actual tiers don't matter in the slightest, what matters is the actual power gap.
For example, let's say you have an 8-C forcefield, attacked by an 8-A. They're different tiers, so would you say the 8-A could get through? Probably right?
Ok now let's say we have two 9-B's, a 9-B forcefield and a 9-B attacker, they're the same tier, so you'd say they couldn't get through right? But wait, the difference between the two 9-'b's is 50,000x, even larger than the difference between the 8-C and 8-A.
So why is the former ok but not the latter?

Tiers are just that, tiers, what matters is the actual power gap as some tiers huge, some small, and in this case, Supes is quite a ******* bit above him, even though say, if they were both 8-C, Supes's AP difference would actually make him a higher tier just due to how small 8-C is, compared to 5-C.

So as I was saying, yes, blatant NLF here.
a guy surviving intense pain would get resistance to pain Manipulation, surviving electrical attack would get resist to it, controlling air would get manp or just crossing off all kinds of air attacks would get resist to it, same with space, time, reality and whatever.
That is (partially) correct (we dont do that pain manip stuff anymore).

But that doesn't mean that applies for every ability, do you think a 3-A can't punch and disperse some 7-C water dude because "he cant interact with it lmao".
Honestly this is bad given we straight up now, if the others are to be believed, that he literally doesnt even work like you're saying he does.
3ehUrVn_d.webp

Posted by demonic themselves, we can even see ripple effects as a consequence of touching the field, meaning his actions can interact with and have effects on the substance in question.

WHEN Superman tier will change then his win will be removed from his profile until then (when he'll be successfully upgraded) till then logically the win should remain on the profile, Either way win remaining on the profile or not is irrelevant to me since a victory is victory so yeah.
Is it though? Reiner is saying you need energy manip or NPI to interact with Shockrock or his stuff at all, otherwise, you can't if you're 5-C.
Shouldn't he, as mentioned by First Witch, be removed from the tourney if such a thing is true.

Back