• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 requirements and examples - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does work in theory if memories served right so unironically, time remains the same; but space being separated is a something I have considered.

Also as a note; I am well aware I not a staff, but this has been bothering me for years given how time itself can arguably been the same regardless of space being separated. At least in theory, that is.
There is a very easy and simple fix for this problem:

GUT TIER 2 AND MAKE IT INTO 4D LIKE ALL THE OTHER TIERS IN TIER 1, WHERE NUMBER OF UNIVERSES BLOWN UP IS JUST RANGE.

Or you know, erase Tier 2 and 1. High 3-A being the last bastion.

There is a very easy and simple fix for this problem:

GUT TIER 2 AND MAKE IT INTO 4D LIKE ALL THE OTHER TIERS IN TIER 1, WHERE NUMBER OF UNIVERSES BLOWN UP IS JUST RANGE.

Or you know, erase Tier 2 and 1. High 3-A being the last bastion.
Yeah, it is a ******* pain in the neck.

However, I believe there was interpretations for time itself.

1. It is never changing and always flowing in one direction

The other one is alway changing and therefore doesn’t have a single direction, but multiple directions.

And that is exactly what I said, I didn't say that they were in separated same 3D space, but rather that the various 3D spaces were separated by the 4th spatial axis. What you mention of "larger space" is the same thing I mentioned, my point is that Time is an unnecessary thing to mention for 2-C and above as being "spatiotemporally" different when it only really needs to have different space. If "time" isn't being affected, then it's not Low 2-C, to begin with. If something is already Low 2-C and is being discussed as being 2-C, what would matter is the existence of separated 3D volumes across a 4th spatial axis.
Well we are saying the same thing only the last part is what we seem to disagree with each other, space and time(change) goes hand in hand. I think we agree on that, and to use your definition of time, the distinction between tier 3 and tier 2 is time. tier 3 is destruction of universe sized 3-D space or infinite 3-D space, tier 2 is the destruction of uncountable infinite 3-D space. hence why it is the destruction of a space time continuum, as a space-time continuum destruction will require destruction of uncountable infinite 3-D space
And this is actually accurate and I dont really think there can be any argument against this, reason:-
the !D which is a line/length will never become 2-D even if you stack infinite of lines together, but the moment you stack uncountable infinite lines together, you get a line with width, which is 2-D, now same way to get height(3-D) you need to stack uncountable infinite 2-D structures together.
Same goes for 4-D, for 3-D space to be quantified, to be 4-D(low 2-C) you need to destroy uncountable infinite amount of them.
So I hope this explains why I said time does not really matter here.
If the "infinite snapshots" exists across an axis and can be accessed separately from having to "return all the change to that point", implies the existence of a physical temporal axis, if the notion of time is mere as the rate of how things changes in the physical universe following a certain direction, it implies that there's a singular existence of space that is always changing and lacks proper physically existing "snapshots of 3D space".
that is the thing, there is no accessing any of this separately, when you return to a point in time or turn back a change, it is still the same space, just the space before X happened, also we have fiction and we have statements like
A - He blew up the universe
B- He destroyed the universe across all of time
C - He destroyed the universe
D - He erased the entire timeline.

A and C implies the character in question only destroyed the universe as at the present, meaning the moment the universe is currently existing in.
B and D implies that e destroyed the entire continuum, all moment the universe(space of the universe) ever existed in.
A and C is just destruction of infinite 3-D space, but B and D is destructiion of uncountable infinite 3-D space.
one is a 3-D feat, while one is a 4-D feat, one is tier 3 and one is tier 2.
My term "snapshots" of the universe came from this.

I really wish I can draw with my laptop, but let me explain with words hopefully you understand
Tier 2 is not undoing changes that happened, on a grid or graph, lets say 5-D grid. and we have a space-time continuum drawn on that graph as a straight line since time is linear,each dots on that line represents every moments in the space of that universe, now we have another line drawn parallel to it, not touching and will never meet on the same grid.
two things should not be possible here.
1. Able to cross from one line to another
2. The two lines meeting
two destroy the line, you can either destroy the present moment and let casaulty take place, or destroy the entire line, a single moment(point) destruction is 3-D and the entire line is 4-D
Why? cause they are separate, now to destroy the two lines, you need to destroy the lines and the space separating them (the higher D grid).
so for higher levels of tier 2, what you need to destroy is 2 distinct 4-D structures

I hope you can get my illustration from these words.
If you can put the many "snapshots of 3D space" as existing physically and order them, they would be ordered in the direction of time. If a physical temporal axis of time does not exist, then "snapshots of 3D space" do not exist physically, therefore the idea of traveling back in time without "changing the rate of change" does not exist, making the very idea of destroying "uncountable infinite snapshot of 3-D space" as non-existing because they don't have a physical existence, because all that really exists is an ever-changing present. If this is the current understanding, then I don't have anything really to say.
I am confused by this, can you elaborate? do you mean that once a change occur then the universe before the change would stop existing and there should be nothing called a past in this scenario?
Sorry for this conversation.
No no it is fine, this is all a vortex of complications

i remember myself brought it up somewhere, and and also @Zamasu_Chan , if we use math, even the destruction of small space-time can result in something larger than even infinite-sized universe, because it still result in uncountable infinite snapshot of 3D objects, which by all accounts is > anything that is 3D no matter the size

scientifically, time is not universal and differs for all observers. Two people in two different positions in space can witness the same event at different times. They can also view different events happening at different orders of sequence.

For example you can view A and B happening at the same time. You can view A happening before B. Or you can view B happening before A.

So when 3D space is destroyed, you are also destroying, the past present and future with it as well, because it all exists within the same space. There is no universal present.

There is no destroying space without destroying time as well.

So as long as two timelines are spacially separated then their time is separated too.

What I think the problem here is that people are mixing up causality with physical time. Causality is an abstraction. There is no such thing as infinite snapshots.

i remember myself brought it up somewhere, and and also @Zamasu_Chan , if we use math, even the destruction of small space-time can result in something larger than even infinite-sized universe, because it still result in uncountable infinite snapshot of 3D objects, which by all accounts is > anything that is 3D no matter the size
The reason being for this to be disregarded is our tiering system not being 100% maths based. Fiction don't tends to place destroying small spacetime's on a equal footing with destroying universe.

The reason being for this to be disregarded is our tiering system not being 100% maths based. Fiction don't tends to place destroying small spacetime's on a equal footing with destroying universe.
We said fiction don't tends to place destroying small space-time on equal footing as destroying the universe, yet we nitpicking in order for 2-C onward universe should be spatiotemporally separated this and that despite the fact that most if not all fiction tend to not really this specific. So much contradictory

Anyway i need to sleep now bruhh

We said fiction don't tends to place destroying small space-time on equal footing as destroying the universe, yet we nitpicking in order for 2-C onward universe should be spatiotemporally separated this and that despite the fact that most if not all fiction tend to not really this specific. So much contradictory

Anyway i need to sleep now bruhh
Like I said, we can worry about those specifics later, now is not the time and nor is this thread the place to do it.

@Executor_N0 Do you have a problem with the two sections we added to the Tierig System FAQ or are your concerns only with the draft?
'cause, if I understand your points correctly, they are mainly about the semantics of the whole "separate timelines" idea in the draft, which I, if possible, want to avoid anyways. (At least, beyond the extent the idea is incorporated in the Tier System FAQ.)

@Executor_N0 Do you have a problem with the two sections we added to the Tierig System FAQ or are your concerns only with the draft?
'cause, if I understand your points correctly, they are mainly about the semantics of the whole "separate timelines" idea in the draft, which I, if possible, want to avoid anyways. (At least, beyond the extent the idea is incorporated in the Tier System FAQ.)
I'm perfectly fine with them

I'm fine with the 1st section, but I think the second section could include dimensional travel. And I think it should be worth noting that a finite speed character taking a considerable amount of time to go from Universe A to Universe B is not necessarily a counter argument against them being different timelines but also could be an interpretation of dimensional travel.

A universe stated to have separate bodies of space, but a character has been shown to fly from one body of space to the other should just be evidence of dimensional travel. Saying they simply flew and not used portals or teleportation isn't a counter argument against dimensional travel.

Dimensional Travel does not make one Infinite or Immeasurable speed, and as Executor pointed out, simply having a visual of flying on screen does not invalidate something not being dimensional travel. It just means they're traveling through a 4th spatial dimension which can be anything in size, finite or otherwise. It doesn't have to be infinite.

Literally what part of my comment mentioned infinite or immeasurable speed? Also quote the part of the dimensional travel page where it mentions speed being a way to get dimensional travel, because nothing about the page mentions speed, just it being an ability.

If it’s finite speed it’s not dimensional travel.
That part; finite speed dimensional travel is a thing. I said nothing about the dimensional travel page; I was going off what Executor said in a different thread that "A visible on screen flight is not a counterargument against dimensional travel or point A and point B being in different bodies of spaces."

Speed is often used for time travel or other travel hax quite frequently in fiction without being even FTL or immeasurable. Back to the future comes to mind.
Really? How can you travel through time with speed Alone and don't even have FTL speed?
Dimensional travel via or with speed isn't far fetched at all, in fact quite tame compared to stuff above.
Dimensional travel, as long as it's via things that distance component doesn't get involved is fine. But the moment we are crossing realms physically by travelling means the distance component is involving (even if they're separate dimensions), if done via normal 3 Dimensional movements (as that's what they have been seen to done so far for SDBs, cubes, whis) is infact aren't allowed as per our standards rn.

@GilverTheProtoAngelo The flux capacitor is not something you’d compare to speed when it’s stated that’s how time travelunless you wanna tell me with a straight face that any normal car in those movies can time travel by going 88 mph.

@DarkDragonMedeus Then the page should reflect that if finite speed is possible, because as it stands it doesn’t remotely mention finite speed being legit for dimensional travel.

The flux capacitor is not something you’d compare to speed when it’s stated that’s how time travelunless you wanna tell me with a straight face that any normal car in those movies can time travel by going 88 mph.
I never said speed alone does any of that. But definitely is a factor.
Some special people just have the ability to travel to dimensions by moving, it's that simple

Some special people just have the ability to travel to dimensions by moving, it's that
Yes some special people, it means for us to be able to say that someone is able to travel to another universe they must have been shown to use dimensional travel previously.
But for the first time, we see a character flying into another universe and what we claim is that it is dimensional travel, well that is a No no

That said let's wait for Dread to edit his blog

Last edited:
I'm fine with the 1st section, but I think the second section could include dimensional travel. And I think it should be worth noting that a finite speed character taking a considerable amount of time to go from Universe A to Universe B is not necessarily a counter argument against them being different timelines but also could be an interpretation of dimensional travel.

A universe stated to have separate bodies of space, but a character has been shown to fly from one body of space to the other should just be evidence of dimensional travel. Saying they simply flew and not used portals or teleportation isn't a counter argument against dimensional travel.
If you mean the second section of the TIering FAQ then all it says is that 3D travel from one space to another is counter-evidence. Higher dimensional travel and stuff is already explicitly not included.
Of course, what is what needs to be judged based on the surrounding context. For example, if a character clearly does just fly off in a regular 3D way and then is at some point at the other space, I wouldn't assume that they just happened to activate their dimensional travel (via portal, higher D movement or teleportation) after flying for a week for little to no reason. Nor would I assume that they happened to find a portal. At least, unless there really is very solid explanation regarding how universes are separated.

If you mean the second section of the TIering FAQ then all it says is that 3D travel from one space to another is counter-evidence. Higher dimensional travel and stuff is already explicitly not included.
Of course, what is what needs to be judged based on the surrounding context. For example, if a character clearly does just fly off in a regular 3D way and then is at some point at the other space, I wouldn't assume that they just happened to activate their dimensional travel (via portal, higher D movement or teleportation) after flying for a week for little to no reason. Nor would I assume that they happened to find a portal. At least, unless there really is very solid explanation regarding how universes are separated.
What if within a verse specific topic; the list of fact checks go like this.
  • There are different universes shown and stated to be these different bodies of spaces symbolized by these large bubble structures
  • The universes are stated to have different histories
  • Most regular characters cannot fly from one universe to another via basic flight
  • Some very specific characters have a flight describe as "Warp" and has been shown to travel to places thought impossible
I mean, it only applies if either it's very specifically stated to all be the same body of space OR if characters could fly from point A to point B and it's specifically stated to be regular 3D flight. Also, the latter is only counter evidence against different bodies of spaces, not quite different flows of time. And also, speed is 100% irrelevant to whether or not something is or isn't dimensional travel. Just because a character can fly and take like just under 3 hours to travel from Universe A to Universe B doesn't mean it isn't dimensional travel. Especially since one, there is other statements about bodies of spaces + their flight is describe as "Warp". It's extradimensional flight though all spatial and not quite temporal.

I feel like 4-D and above space travel should be noted as a possible thing even with finite speed whether on FAQ or the Dimensional Travel page and in the FAQ's case, it can be noted that finite speed 4-D space flight isn't counter evidence just regular 3-D flight.

What if within a verse specific topic; the list of fact checks go like this.
  • There are different universes shown and stated to be these different bodies of spaces symbolized by these large bubble structures
  • The universes are stated to have different histories
  • Most regular characters cannot fly from one universe to another via basic flight
  • Some very specific characters have a flight describe as "Warp" and has been shown to travel to places thought impossible
I mean, it only applies if either it's very specifically stated to all be the same body of space OR if characters could fly from point A to point B and it's specifically stated to be regular 3D flight. Also, the latter is only counter evidence against different bodies of spaces, not quite different flows of time. And also, speed is 100% irrelevant to whether or not something is or isn't dimensional travel. Just because a character can fly and take like just under 3 hours to travel from Universe A to Universe B doesn't mean it isn't dimensional travel. Especially since one, there is other statements about bodies of spaces + their flight is describe as "Warp". It's extradimensional flight though all spatial and not quite temporal.

I feel like 4-D and above space travel should be noted as a possible thing even with finite speed whether on FAQ or the Dimensional Travel page and in the FAQ's case, it can be noted that finite speed 4-D space flight isn't counter evidence just regular 3-D flight.
I feel like this is dragon ball specific, but let me ignore that and act like this is the first I am seeing this and make a general statement - permit me to quote you or rather let me quote your meaning
"Only special characters with an ability called 'warp' can go from one universe to another, the rest cannot do it via physical flight"
This literally goes hand in hand with our standards, you should not be able to travel via 3-D movement into another universe if they are spatio-temporally separate unless through a portal, teleportation or the likes of such mediums.
In this case "warp" will fall under such mediums, since only if you have the ability called 'warp' can you travel into another universe.

Hope that is made clear

I feel like this is dragon ball specific, but let me ignore that and act like this is the first I am seeing this and make a general statement - permit me to quote you or rather let me quote your meaning
"Only special characters with an ability called 'warp' can go from one universe to another, the rest cannot do it via physical flight"
This literally goes hand in hand with our standards, you should not be able to travel via 3-D movement into another universe if they are spatio-temporally separate unless through a portal, teleportation or the likes of such mediums.
In this case "warp" will fall under such mediums, since only if you have the ability called 'warp' can you travel into another universe.

Hope that is made clear
I suppose that our standards are good then, but I still think a slight word addition to be more specific wouldn't hurt since some people still misread "3D Flight" as just all flight in general. But I guess that could just be fixed on the dimensional travel page rather than the FAQ page if needed.

Hope that is made clear
out of curiosity, what if they have to use a special means to traverse to other worlds but such means is not instantaneous and takes time? Say they need a special machine/technological device/ to get in and use to travel to another universe. The object first starts moving, and exits the Earths Atmosphere and goes into space. It has to reach a certain speed to open a portal due to that speed "breaking the laws of physics" and it uses "heat" to "wrap space and time" around the starship. Once said speed is reached you visibly see a portal open up, and their then stated by narration and character statements they are going to a universe separate from their own but it will take X-time to reach said Separate Universe. Would that travel time because its not instantaneous debunk it from being a separate universe both spatially and Temporally?

Last edited:
out of curiosity, what if they have to use a special means to traverse to other worlds but such means is not instantaneous and takes time? Say they need a special machine/technological device/ to get in and use to travel to another universe. The object first starts moving, and exits the Earths Atmosphere and goes into space. It has to reach a certain speed to open a portal. Once said speed is reached you visibly see a portal open up, and their then stated by narration and character statements they are going to a universe separate from their own but it will take X-time to reach said Separate Universe. Would that travel time because its not instantaneous debunk it from being a separate universe both spatially and Temporally?
The argument is kind of wrong, when a character is specifically taking different amount of time in travelling from one planet to another, one Dimension to another, one universe to another, then that means it's really covering the whole distance and reaching the other place in question depends on what's their speed is. They opened a portal with their speed and all is headcanon. And it's not only one character but other things as well (super dragon balls, champa's cube). That one character can cross the universe because he is most fastest flyer in the universe, other characters aren't as fast as previous character and universe is too big for them to cross it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back