• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 requirements and examples - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
out of curiosity, what if they have to use a special means to traverse to other worlds but such means is not instantaneous and takes time? Say they need a special machine/technological device/ to get in and use to travel to another universe. The object first starts moving, and exits the Earths Atmosphere and goes into space. It has to reach a certain speed to open a portal. Once said speed is reached you visibly see a portal open up, and their then stated by narration and character statements they are going to a universe separate from their own but it will take X-time to reach said Separate Universe. Would that travel time because its not instantaneous debunk it from being a separate universe both spatially and Temporally?
No it does not, we do not care about the medium, as long as it is not regualr physical 3-D movement, but reading Reiner's comment means that this is also about DB, please take it out of here

No it does not, we do not care about the medium, as long as it is not regualr physical 3-D movement, but reading Reiner's comment means that this is also about DB, please take it out of here
its not about DB. I edited my comment, its about a sci-fy fanatasy series about space battles, mecahs, stuff etc.

I was just asking to see if any stated time for the travel would be an anti-feat for anything similar for any verse really

Last edited:
its not about DB. I edited my comment, its about a sci-fy fanatasy series about space battles, mecahs, stuff etc.

I was just asking to see if any stated time for the travel would be an anti-feat for anything similar for any verse really
but reading Reiner's comment means that this is also about DB, please take it out of here
when everyone and everything in this page is about DB then a different fictional series enthusiastic will suffer from the consequences.

I think the 2nd point about mental space of a thing will require a separate thread so it should be removed.
and the 1 and 3 point are practically the same thing so you can add them together.
Another point that should be added is regarding time travel, time traveling through the universes should not be possible,
And messing with the time of one timeline should not affect the other timeline, if it is affected they are not separate
Here you go

I think the 2nd point about mental space of a thing will require a separate thread so it should be removed.
Removed
and the 1 and 3 point are practically the same thing so you can add them together.
Merged
Another point that should be added is regarding time travel, time traveling through the universes should not be possible,
And messing with the time of one timeline should not affect the other timeline, if it is affected they are not separate
Done

Here, you can check out the page once again:

Removed

Merged

Done

Here, you can check out the page once again:
great, also since this is been thrown around a lot, we should add.
That a dimensional wall of some sort separating different dimensions is a given and does not mean spatio-temporally separate, as if there was no wall separting the dimensions they will not be 2 different dimensions to begin with

That a dimensional wall of some sort separating different dimensions is a given and does not mean spatio-temporally separate, as if there was no wall separting the dimensions they will not be 2 different dimensions to begin with
Will rephrase this and add it!

I think this should be approved by an administrator

no, not least because it is not there, so you must wait for an administrator or moderator to evaluate it, as this is proof that space-time is different
She is not hurrying or anything Idk where you get that impression from but this is a staff discussion. Everything is happening in order so worry not my friend.

Last edited:
no, not least because it is not there, so you must wait for an administrator or moderator to evaluate it, as this is proof that space-time is different
no it is proof that they are two different dimensions, not proof they are not in the same 3-D space.
Let me explain better to you so you can understand,
We have two countries, what separates them is a border, the moment you remove that border they will be considered one country, but just because we have a border between two countries does not mean one of them does not exist on earth.
I hope that clears it up

Last edited:
This is a reasonable demand. Just because two countries share a boundary does not mean they have separate timelines.
They may have different time zones, but not separate time axes. (which, in fact, we noted this in the bottom of page)

— In this context, “country” refers to a physical universe with universe-sized dimension.
— Earth represents a space-time continuum, which encompasses the entire physical universe and its time axis.

Having a border between two countries does not imply a theoretical separation.

Last edited:
This is a reasonable demand. Just because two countries share a boundary does not mean they have separate timelines.
They may have different time zones, but not separate time axes. (which, in fact, we noted this in the bottom of page)

— In this context, “country” refers to a physical universe with universe-sized dimension.
— Earth represents a space-time continuum, which encompasses the entire physical universe and its time axis.

Having a border between two countries does not imply a theoretical separation.
no it is proof that they are two different dimensions, not proof they are not in the same 3-D space.
Let me explain better to you so you can understand,
We have two countries, what separates them is a border, the moment you remove that border they will be considered one country, but just because we have a border between two countries does not mean one of them does not exist on earth.
I hope that clears it up
I don't think this argument is sensible, you are comparing countries who's borders are thought and man-made, non-existent in the laws of nature to something like a dimensional wall. Please consider another example.

How people misses the point is weird.
Anyway to reiterate the point is-
The dimensional walls are what makes them two dimensions, without a wall they would be practical the same dimension to begin with.
That is the point, maybe I should have used a house, room and their walls as an example instead

Of course they are fictional to us, I'm talking about how it works fictionally within the verse. It is not man-made in the verse, and it existent in the laws of nature.
The existence of a dimensional wall between two universes does not necessarily indicate that one of the universes is a space-time continuum. This is because, by definition, a separated-spatio universe is already distinct from a space-time continuum.

The existence of a dimensional wall between two universes does not necessarily indicate that one of the universes is a space-time continuum. This is because, by definition, a separated-spatio universe is already distinct from a space-time continuum.
I understand this and neither am I arguing against it, I'm just saying that the country analogy isn't a good match

There are very little of them and only those with kind of extraordinary cosmology or vague feats but I think a revision for even 5 to 6 franchises in a single thread is impossible to discuss.
This standard effected all of tier 2 including those who got 2-B or 2-A off branching universes from 1 timeline. This effects even Low 2-C and 2-C. I can't claim to know each tier 2 verse but I think something like this is worthy enough for an evaluation thread. If something becomes a heated debate then they should turn it into a CRT. If a verse has proof that their branching timelines are separate. That shouldn't be hard to prove if it's there.

This is just my opinion though

If a verse has proof that their branching timelines are separate.
Branching timelines are still tier 2C/2B/2A structures depends on the number of timelines they have. What has been changed now is that it's pretty depends on the way branching timelines have gotten destroyed rather than their structure, like if destroying past destroys the future and it's timeline, they'll just be 3A but if the mode of destruction destroys all of them all together (like a single explosion engulfing all of them together) then they're still tier 2 C/2B/2A. They just don't have to be dependent on main timeline.

But yeah, a thread can be made for them with list of verses that seems to be affected with this revision.

like if destroying past destroys the future and it's timeline, they'll just be 3A but if the mode of destruction destroys all of them all together (like a single explosion engulfing all of them together) then they're still tier 2 C/2B/2A. They just don't have to be dependent on main timeline.
wouldn't it be High 3-A?
Also i think it is clearer to say if the destruction is a resule of chain reaction of causality erasing/changing the future rather than saying destroying the past to destroy the future

wouldn't it be High 3-A?
No, we don't default a part of timeline on equal footing with high 3A, as being just a part of timeline their amount of snapshots are considered rather just finite numbers (not being 100% maths based stuff), infinite or uncountable infinite to reach high 3A or Low 2C is far off.
Also i think it is clearer to say if the destruction is a resule of chain reaction of causality erasing/changing the future rather than saying destroying the past to destroy the future
Yeah

Last edited:
1. Well no brainer, the most straighforward way is for it to be explicitly called a "Space-time continuum"
Well the problem is you guys also say it has to be universe sized for it to be tier 2, which IMHO should be removed, or changed to people at least having like spacetime creation hax or 4d creation or destruction hax if you don't wanna say it's ap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back