• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Chara can only interact via possession. If their host body is destroyed, they lose the fight via incapacitation. So, their non-corporality shouldn't really effect Grand Priest's ability to defeat them. Also, he has non-physical interaction. Their soul manipulation is interesting, but Angels can only die via EE. I don't think Chara can put GP down via Soul Manipulation.

Their main advantages are Time Manipulation and Reality Warping but, to memory, their Reality Warping isn't advanced. It's their Time Manipulation that proves troublesome for most but, the Grand Priest is immune to time hax on a multiversal-scale so...I question how effective Chara's rewinding would be. It's plausible that GP would remember resets.

There is the issue that the Grand Priest is superior to any Undertale character skill-wise. It's likely that Chara would find GP to be far more difficult to defeat than Sans. If the Grand Priest can remember resets or senses Chara's evil (which he should, it's on his profile) he can erase Chara from all of space and time. It's even stated by Beerus, that his Hakai should erase Zamasu across all timelines and the Grand Priest's EE is superior to a GoDs, due to only him and Zeno being capable of erasing Angels. If EE doesn't work, the GP has access to sealing to incap Chara.

I'm not recognising a win con for Chara. If they want to defeat someone as skilled, experienced and diverse as the Grand Priest they will need him to not remember any resets, if he remembers resets they have zero win conditions. If he doesn't remember resets, it should take Chara far more resets to adapt to, and defeat, GP than it did for them to kill Sans.

We know Sans can interpret Chara's resets, but the reasoning is unknown. If it's due to Sans' knowledge of the timelines and sharp mind, then I can picture the GP picking up on Chara's time hax, considering Time Skip, Time Stop and Time Rewinding all exist in Dragon Ball's multiverse.

Ultimately, all it takes is the GP using sealing or EE on Chara in one reset, and they lose. I'm voting for the Grand Priest, if this isn't a curbstomp.

Taking a closer look, it seems Flowey, Frisk and Chara all have Acasuality Type 1 due to remembering resets. If that's enough to remember resets, then it should be noted that the Grand Priest also has type 1 Acasuality. So, he should remember every single reset.

With that in mind, I'm pretty sure he will quickly realise that Chara is rewinding time and simply EE. Chara would last only a few resets before GP figures it out and erases them, I think.

As such, this seems to be an invalid curbstomp.

StrymULTRA said:
EE shouldn't do much due to Type 8 Immortality I guess
Chara's Type 8 is based on their desire to kill. If they are erased from existence, they can't exactly have the 'desire to kill' when they don't even exist. If they were simply killed, they could continue living due to their continued existence, but if they are erased...they can't have that desire.

If Chara's Type 8 was based on the concept of hatred, or the concept of destruction then sure. But their Type 8 is based on their own, personal, hatred for life. If they don't exist, they can't hate life.

In conclusion, GP's EE should negate Chara's Type 8 Immortality.

Actually if they are reliant on their desire of kill that's not Type 8 on first place, it's type 8 due to relying on this guy 's desire of kill if I'm not mistaken

StrymULTRA said:
Actually if they are reliant on their desire of kill that's not Type 8 on first place, it's type 8 due to relying on this guy 's desire of kill if I'm not mistake
Ah, I see. Well, if that's the case then GP will simply have to seal Chara or KO them for a while if Chara can negate EE via The Anomaly. It's worth noting that GP has 4th-wall awareness, so it's possible for him to notice the Anomaly's existence and act accordingly.

StrymULTRA said:
Actually if they are reliant on their desire of kill that's not Type 8 on first place, it's type 8 due to relying on this guy 's desire of kill if I'm not mistake
There's litteraly a revision going on about the anomaly to remove him from the wiki.

And it's kinda unfair to give type 8 immortality while not allowing to remove the source of the immortality, that's like having a character reliant on a object and disallowing to break the object, especialy when it's based on a pseudo other character that should be just as killable with 4th wall awareness and non-physical interaction.

Also GP has his own time manipulation and reality warping so he can probably counter Chara's anyway.

I just don't see Chara's wincon here.

i think GP cant erase or seal chara due to the latest undertale revision thread she now has this

Ability to SAVE and LOAD makes them extremely difficult to destroy even in physical form. In their true form, Chara exists as an abstract concept capable of manifesting no matter what as long as someone experiences the drive, will, and feelings they embody, thus making them nearly impossible to actually destroy or get rid of)

any other ideas or is this an incon

>Chara can only interact via possession. If their host body is destroyed, they lose the fight via incapacitation.

Chara at 2-B have their own body as seen when they talk to you in a Genocide route, only at 9-A do they need to posses Frisk

Chara can just Load to before they were sealed or even KO'D as well

Back