• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

These Cupcakes are not Blue. Disappointed!

As an avid fan of the Riordanverse, I have to agree with Apies here. It's a known fact, especially in Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter, that normal metals don't do much damage against monsters, and that the only way they are able to effectively fight and kill monsters is by using weapons made of either Imperial Gold or Celestial Bronze. However, monsters have been canonically killed in the Riordanverse without having to resort to sticking them with the pointy end of the magic sword, such when Percy and his friends managed to defeat the Nemean Lion in The Titan's Curse, or Cacus in Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes from The Demigod Diaries. This proves that, while a lot of monsters in the Riordanverse may be hard to kill without Celestial Bronze weapons such as Riptide, it's not impossible. (Technically, Percy also managed to crush the Gorgons under a car in The Son of Neptune, but they regenerated due to Thanatos having been chained up at that moment, which allowed them to revive themselves almost right away.)

And, as Apies just said, Percy has managed to injure gods before, such as when he stabbed Ares in the heel with Riptide in The Lightning Thief. So, there's that, too.

Starter Pack said:
As an avid fan of the Riordanverse, I have to agree with Apies here. It's a known fact, especially in Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter, that normal metals don't do much damage against monsters, and that the only way they are able to effectively fight and kill monsters is by using weapons made of either Imperial Gold or Celestial Bronze. However, monsters have been canonically killed in the Riordanverse without having to resort to sticking them with the pointy end of the magic sword, such when Percy and his friends managed to defeat the Nemean Lion in The Titan's Curse, or Cacus in Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes from The Demigod Diaries. This proves that, while a lot of monsters in the Riordanverse may be hard to kill without Celestial Bronze weapons such as Riptide, it's not impossible. (Technically, Percy also managed to crush the Gorgons under a car in The Son of Neptune, but they regenerated due to Thanatos having been chained up at that moment, which allowed them to revive themselves almost right away.)
And, as Apies just said, Percy has managed to injure gods before, such as when he stabbed Ares in the heel with Riptide in The Lightning Thief. So, there's that, too.
Either way, they have different bodies than ponies.

I got so ready to debate, for a second I forgot this was my own thread and almost said Percy FRA. Wait a minute.

Cupcakes - 2

Pancakes - 5

So let me get this straight. Percy fought on par with a 5-C god? If so, that's a complete mismatch and he should be switched back.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
He barely managed to slightly injure a God. And this was before the curse.
I mean when he crushed Hades' army and held a blade to Hades and threatened to strike.

GokuSparkle said:
I believe it was The Last Olympian right after he first got it.
Yes. The Last Olympian. He got the curse, then murdered a hundred redcoats, forced Hades out of his chariot, held a blade over him, and warned Hades that he would strike. However, he never fought on par with the god as he says that Hades is immortal, that he can't kill him.

While Percy has held his own against gods before i.e. Hades, Ares, Hyperion, Kronos, Polyboteas, etc. (Jeez, this dude has fought a lot of gods) he never looked like killing them permanently, except when he had outside help i.e. Luke's dagger, the Eagle of the Twelth Legion etc.

He has never soloed a 5-C god.

Also, grammar Nazi alert: A god in the Riordianverse is spelt with a g, not a G. The only god that is referred to with a G in that verse is the Judeo-Christian God, despite never making a physical appearance due to how many people he would offend.

Crimson Azoth said:
GokuSparkle said:
I believe it was The Last Olympian right after he first got it.
Yes. The Last Olympian. He got the curse, then murdered a hundred redcoats, forced Hades out of his chariot, held a blade over him, and warned Hades that he would strike. However, he never fought on par with the god as he says that Hades is immortal, that he can't kill him.
While Percy has held his own against gods before i.e. Hades, Ares, Hyperion, Kronos, Polyboteas, etc. (Jeez, this dude has fought a lot of gods) he never looked like killing them permanently, except when he had outside help i.e. Luke's dagger, the Eagle of the Twelth Legion etc.

He has never soloed a 5-C god.

Also, grammar Nazi alert: A god in the Riordianverse is spelt with a g, not a G. The only god that is referred to with a G in that verse is the Judeo-Christian God, despite never making a physical appearance due to how many people he would offend.
But they've been injured by him or felt threatened, which definitely warrants more than 6-C.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I really need to go back and reread those. I don't remember him facing Hades at all.
He doesn't, really.

GokuSparkle said:
But they've been injured by him or felt threatened, which definitely warrants more than 6-C.
I'm pretty sure that's because of Riptide. Take away the sword and no gods are threatened by him.

What does Percy even have over Pinkie anyway? He can't drown her. He definitely isn't doing any damage when the fodder are stronger than him. The only thing he has going for him is invincibility, and even then, Pinkie is bound to get a hit in his weak point, and if not it warrants an inconclusive at least.

So are people gonna actually bother or am I invisible here? The curse giving him a 4x boost is a massive stretch, and even still that only applies to fodder, which Pinkie is definitely not.

Like What? Drowning her? Gag teleport. Is he even willing to do sonething like that against a non-villain or in general? Hurting her? She holds a massive ap advantage, so thats out of the question. I'm not sure about her regen, but I'd argue it could work since it is toonforce based amd not msgic based, but Idk.

A) Battle takes place on a beach, so they're near water. Percy doesn't need to get past her, he can call the water to him.

B) Percy is invulnerable on a level that is beyond Pinkie's AP.

C) Celestial Bronze weapon will ignore her durability. Yes, she's a magic talking horse. By Riordanverse standards, she counts.

Monarch Laciel said:
A) Battle takes place on a beach, so they're near water. Percy doesn't need to get past her, he can call the water to him.

B) Percy is invulnerable on a level that is beyond Pinkie's AP.

C) Celestial Bronze weapon will ignore her durability. Yes, she's a magic talking horse. By Riordanverse standards, she counts.
1. Edited my comment.

2. And the same is true of Pinkie since she scales to fodder.

3. Her Regenerationn isn't magic though, it's gag based and it happens because Pinkie is Pinkie, not magic. Also you can't really equalise magic here. Magic in MLP functions differently from the Riddoranverse.

A) She teleports away, then what?

B) Except he ignores her dura, she doesn't ignore his.

C) I didn't even mention Regenerationn, and it isn't' listed on her page

Also, why are we arguing gag feats?

1. She doesn't get drowned?

2. Depends on how magic in their verse functions. Ignoring dura on magic creatures in one verse doesn't mean it will work on others outside your verse. Different verses have different standards, and applications.

3. Someone in this thread did I think. I'll look into it.

Part of toonforce abilities? Which Pinkie consistently uses?

@Lightbuster30 So are you voting Pinkie? As for her falling to peices and coming back together, that only happens once so I'm pretty sure that's not enough to give her High-Mid regen, which is what that would be. Reguardless Grace begins.

Cupcakes - 3

Pancakes - 7

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
@Lightbuster30 So are you voting Pinkie? As for her falling to peices and coming back together, that only happens once so I'm pretty sure that's not enough to give her High-Mid regen, which is what that would be. Reguardless Grace begins.

Cupcakes - 3

Pancakes - 7
Spongebob regenerated from ash one time, and has mid high based on that. And yes, I'm voting Pinkie.

2. Depends on how magic in their verse functions. Ignoring dura on magic creatures in one verse doesn't mean it will work on others outside your verse. Different verses have different standards, and applications.

Yeah no.

Unless you want to tell me that literally any Dura ignoring abilities are automatically useless outside of the verse, unless the character has a specific application against it or if it's just an NLF, it is ignoring Dura.

Lightbuster30 said:
Spongebob regenerated from ash one time, and has mid high based on that. And yes, I'm voting Pinkie.
I assume Spongebob was burnt to ash by someone else? If so were talking about two different scenarios here. Pinkie fell apart of her own volition, not an outside force. If anything that would fall under Body Control(which she has) not Regen.

EDIT:

Cupcakes - 3

Pancakes - 8

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I assume Spongebob was burnt to ash by someone else? If so were talking about two different scenarios here. Pinkie fell apart of her own volition, not an outside force. If anything that would fall under Body Control(which she has) not Regen.
You assume correctly

And no one has even mention how Percy can summon a giant kickass hellhound to really mess up Pinkie Pie's day.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
GokuSparkle said:
I'm pretty sure that's because of Riptide. Take away the sword and no gods are threatened by him.
Exactly, he has a god level weapon. If that's so, Rainbow Power should be given to Pinkie, and you\renot about to do that, are you?

Back