• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Weather Trio and Regis Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
It has been brought to my attention that the weather trio are not just the masters of their attribute, but the outright embodiment of it. For Groudon, who is the embodiment of the land, this would mean more than just the continental crust, but all land on the planet. AKA the whole planet. This is further supported by Groudon being able to create continents in the first place. If he only controlled and embodied continents, then he would not have had any power/not existed when there were no continents to begin with.

This would be consistent with Rayquaza being capable of saving the world from a planet-destroying meteor.

This would also scale to the Regi trio, as well as Regigigas.

Speaking of Regigigas, the calculation on his profile needs to be removed outright. Not only does it make the assumption that Regigigas shears the continent, but it also converts Newtons to Joules. This is a big no-no, as a physicist will tell you. That, in and of itself, renders it unusable.

While's we're on bad jusitification, Groudon and Kyogre's pages need to be changed, even if this upgrade is rejected. They are justified currently by having a Small Island feat and being able to raise continents over an unknown timeframe, which would be unquantifiable without massive assumptions.

TLDR: Weather Trio and Regi trio go from High 6-A to 5-B and the justifications for the pages are changed, even if this is rejected.

I actually wondered about this one time and never thought too much on it.

Seems reasonable but I want Cal and others to reply here first to see what they think.

I'll calc Kyogre's Generation storm. Also, I'm quite aware of this. Idk if this would make them abstracts or no though, if they're the personification of the land and sea.

@Dark. If @AW's proposal is accepted, Kyogre and Groudon would be baseline 5-B, and the UBs would already be higher than that.

Use surface area of a sphere, throw it through algebra to get circle radius and then get cylinder volume.

Edit: I'll do it in a couple hours when I get home if need be.0

I'm very, very iffy on rating them as Planet level for reasons like that. The Weather Trio is land, sea and sky, Groudon isn't meant to have literally the entire planet.

Except where is that not implied though? IIRC, even the pokedex acknolwedges them as literally land, water, etc. Maybe not Rayquaza but the former.

I meant land, sea and sky like, the land that is not the ocean, not literally the entire planet.

"This legendary Pokémon is said to represent the land. It went to sleep after dueling Kyogre."

"Kyogre is said to be the personification of the sea itself. Legends tell of its many clashes against Groudon, as each sought to gain the power of nature."

This is literally all the information given in the Pokedex, note the use of "said to". I am positive it's not literal but just some weird myth.

Also personification does not always mean that said being embodies say concept. It can mean it, but it does always mean it. 9 times out of ten, it's meant more as the representation of the land and not actually the embodiment of all land.

Groudon Represents the Land

Kyogre Represents the Sea

Rayquaza Represents the Sky.

They aren't literally the land, sea and sky.

I am very iffy on this.

If we are questioning them embodying their element entirely, the High 6-A rating itself is called into question.

Aside from being the land, ocean, and sky, the weather trio have no quantifiable feats in base form.

There is a massive difference from actually creating and raising continents via drying up the water/controlling the element of earth and embodying them. Groudon can still create continents, that hasn't changed. Kyogre can still expand the seas, that hasn't changed. They just don't embody them.

They have numerous dex entries as well as in-game statements saying they embody them. Also they can create continents over time. It isn't quantifiable without a timeframe, as they no longer get scaling from Regigigas since his feat is not legitimate.

By numerous dex entries, you mean all of one that uses "personification"?

The FR/LG one says "represents" not "embodies".

"They have numerous dex entries as well as in-game statements saying they embody them."

All I'm seeing is the Pokedex saying they're "said to be" the representation/personification of the land/sea. That is not remotely sufficient for anything.

Didn't Kyogre like cause rain across the entire world in Sapphire? Didn't Groudon start causing harsh sunlight across the world in Ruby?

Well, the world was already beginning to have natural disasters before Groudon's awakening.

So Groudon base can still be High 6-A.

PMD Ginji Rescue Team c06 p01-me

Key word, "Said to be". Nothing has actually proven them to be the sea itself and the land itself. All we've seen is that they can expand either or.

There is also other interesting stuff about them in the Pokémon Adventures Manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back