• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Weather Trio and Regis Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Also, that's very false. There's only one of each. All boxart trios are one-of-a-kind."'

There is literally one episode in the anime with a baby lugia and a mother lugia.

The bird trio is a species, even the dog trio, as impossible as it should be, is a species. Latios and Latias are species, darkrai is a species, celebi too. Even the regis are species.

And Im possitive that Kyogre has made appearences when it should have been in slumber chronologically (Manaphy anyone?).

Once again that has absolutely nothing to do with the current discussion. Take it to walls.

Assaltwaffle said:
Once again that has absolutely nothing to do with the current discussion. Take it to walls.
My point was that you cant have an entire species be the embodiment of something.

Nobody cares about the "embodiment" stuff anymore, and the Weather Trio is definitely not a species. It just so happened to be awake in the Manaphy movie.

Lugia's not part of a boxart Trio, btw. Weather, Creation, Tao, and Aura are trios. The rest are Duos (Tower and Cosmic) or the first gen starters.

Tell that to Palkia or Dialga. I still don't buy there being more than one cover legendary. The Lugia one is a grievous inconsistency.

"It just so happened to be awake in the Manaphy movie."

-Millenia of slumber.

>Let's stop just for a cameo.

>Back to sleep.

And in the XY movie we see a black rayquaza. Totally different from the rayquaza who fights deoxys. On the topic at hand, Im neutral on this. With legendaries we only have "it is said" and the feata from their movies. And btw, I thought it was Tao Duo smh, Kyurem is so unrelated it hurts.

Wasn't Hoopa able to pull legends from other universes? That would explain the shiny Rayquaza.

Also to think of seeing a herd of Groudon is freaking insane to me. Kyogre's cameo was just a cameo.

But like I said, back to the topic at hand. If you really want to convince me of this message me on my wall.

>Literally once part of Zekrom and Reshiram

>Fits thematically

>Similar typing

>Can fuse with the rest

Not unrelated at all my boy. At least not as much as Suicune, Zygarde or Necrozma.

@Saikou I never, ever, played and not gonna play BW2.

Excuse me if im not into the kyurem lore.

It just so happens that in BW its random.

We shouldn't just lump every legendary together to determine if there are many of them or not.

Solgaleo & Lunala are clearly just a species of Ultra Beast, while Necrozma is clearly more of a unique existence even considering the AUs. And stuff like Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga and Palkia have clearly more importance into the lore as individual than other legendaries that are just really strong Pokémon and nothing else.

In the defence of Pachi, there are two Lugias in the anime, I think three Darkrai, despite the Dog Trio being manifestations of the destruction of a building, Pokédex entries imply that everytime an Entei roars, a volcano erupts, and everytime a volcano erupts, an Entei is born. There are multiple Celebi the series as we see a shiny one exists in Mystery Dungeon, multiple Regi Trio exist in the anime, multiple Kyogre, Ground, Latios, Latias, and Rayquaza exist in the movies, multiple Mewtwo exist in the anime, multiple Genesect, a race of Deoxys exist, a shiny and a regular Ho-Oh exist(I think), even multiple Dialga and Palkia exist in a certain manga, as Arceus created a second pair, I forget the exact one. Oh, and multiple Hoopa. ;-||

Not gonna lie, I would be far from surprised if that was the case, esp. considering how last time Groudon and Kyogre got a recalc, they well...you know...

Edit: Happily ninja'd by @Assalt

So wait, I'm a bit lost. From what I understand, Groudon scales to Kyogre, and y'all are calcing Kyogre's something storm to see if it's planet level?

I know this might be a bit besides the point, but what does this mean for Rayquaza? Or does it just stay Planet Level until evidence shows otherwise.

Honestly the clouds having more mass than the atmosphere kinda makes sense. Kyogre would need more water than currently exists to truly flood the entirety of the planet, unless he melted to polar ice caps and brought them in.

Also now we just need a feat for Normal Groudon/Kyogre. I'm pretty sure I can keep them at High 6-A if nothing else comes up.

Agrees, though with Kyogre controlling all the planet's oceans at base, I'm oretry sure that's in the upper echelons of High 6-A.

Controlling the Sun was one of the reasons Bayonetta had some ratings questioned. It would be best to get some quantifiable stuff backing up Kyogre's control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back