• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The VS Wiki First Holy Grail War (Season 3)

I begin. I have decided what Phantasm I need to add.

I leave Patchwork Soul to return to Manhattan. I TTBB to the smoke stacks of Con Edison's power factory. Collecting samples the smoke and soot from the burning coal in a large jar, I return to the workshop in my reality marble. There, I craft a small lantern, which I place inside the jar of smoke. I open the jar, and the smoke and soot wafts out

Chapter 1:

"The black smoke billowed from the small lantern, filling the room. It was thick and choking, its fumes sulferous and corrosive. Laciel avoided the fumes, redirecting air currents from within his workshop to redirect the fumes around him. He knew his workshop well and still knew where to go, but for anyone else it would have blotted out the surroundings and made it difficult to find a way around"

This phantasm is only C rank, so I only need to write 4 chapters.

Chapters 2 is written over the next 2.5 hours (my agility has reduced the writing time to 2.5 hours per chapter)

Chapter 3 is written 5 hours from when I began:

"The smoke billowing from the latern was thick and choking, imbued with mana and sulphur. It was corrosive, and would burn the throat and eyes of any human to enter the smoke. Servants would be able to resist this, but even then their agility would be reduced, and their sense of direction woud be utterly confounded, up becoming left, right becoming backwards and forwards becoming down, and they would be unable to find Ruler as he hides within the smoke"

I activate Marchen Meines Leben, and the golden words flow from the book, wrapping around the lamp and transforming it into a noble phantasm.

[Noble Phantasm Gained: The Mist ]

I take the latern, and light it, then conceptual implant it in the Throne. A small engraved image of a lantern appears on the armrest of the Throne. When I place my hand on it, I can summon this smoke to fill the air anywhere within my marble.

3 hours to go until our battle.

I use the next 2.5 hours to write 2 more chapters.

Chapter 1:

"He had rewritten himself so many times and his body had changed to. By implementing parts of other Heroes legends into his own soul, his body had changed, allowing him to grow and strengthe"

Chapter 2:

"Implementing Kazikli Bey had paled his skin and narrowed his eyes. Implementing the Sword of Paracelsus had increased his hieght and narrowed his body. Implenting The Mist had stained his white robes darker with soot and smog, and burnt away at it in places [Jack the stRipper!]. Implementing Ars Paulina had darknened his skin. He could modify his body at will to grow stronger, writing himself into something stronger using the stories of others"

[Skilled replaced - God's Resolution replaced with Self-Modication (Rank A) [Because although this isn't the right amount of chapters, I can re-write myself and give myself the ability of any character in the Nasuverse. It would be wierd if that was less than A rank]. Seals remain, but can no longer be used to control another servant. As a result, Heroism is reduced]

I use the final half hour before our battle to write a quick snippet [0 chapter activation], and buff my A++ rank Luck to A+++.

8 hours having past, I unrestrict SNI, showing me the location of Saver doing [tell me what you are doing and I'll edit it in LlamaGod]. I snap my fingers and the branches around him begin to move. He looks up as they wrap around his body and begin to drag him back towards the colosseum. I press the engraved image of both Prelati's spell book, and the Lantern, and hordes of water demons springfrom the ground, filling the arena, while black mist forms everywhere except within the colosseum. Once the roots have dragged him to the clearing several dozen metres away from the mist, I will meet him there]

[Alright. I'm ready. Message when you are]

[I cri man Monarch now it's 8 hours? I need to refer back to the list of what I can get, Smh]

[Ex Agility can write in how much time again?]

[You originally had C rank agility. Each rank up or equivalent + modifier lets you write half an hour faster, so C->B->A->EX you can write 1.5 hours faster. So for you, writing one chapter = 0 hours (as usual), two chapters = 1.5 hours, three chapters = 3 hours, four chapters = 4.5 hours, five chapters = 6 hours, six chapters = 7.5 hours. So you can write any combination of up to 6 chapters in the 8 hours you have]

[If you use all 6 chapters, you can get switch out for a new A rank phantasm, or you can write two manuscripts and gain a new B rank phantasm and a D rank skill, or gain a couple of C rank skills, etc You can write 6 chapters in this time, and have any combo of those 6 chapters to use, plus use a 0 chapter activation to get a buff before the fight starts]

[Also remember you do still have EX in STR, AGL, END, MAG and luck (at least to start - Aestus Domus Aurora and territory creation is so very useful)]

[We will fight 3 times over the next 3 days. If you win even once, you will be resurrected in full and returned to Manhattan. If you die, 8 hours before the next battle you will be partially resurrected and given time to prepare. After 3 days you will lose all memory and be erased completely, although certain skills you could gain will increase the time you have. You do not need to use all the chapters you have written at once - you can save them for use the next day]

[Welp I wanted to write myself Ea, meh.

What happens if I summon an RM in your RM btw?]

[How to save chapters for the next day?

And write the 3 times in 3 days as a thing in story maybe? Or no continuity]

[No idea. It's never happened to my knowledge. The smaller marble would probably be created within the larger marble, and if they are the same size they would probably be created around their user and start warring against each other 1/2 and 1/2 until one of us kills the other]

[How to save chapters for the next day - wait to write the next chapters and activate the manuscript in the next day. e.g. you wrote 6 chapters today - you don't activate the manuscript, and then tomorrow you write 3 more and activate all 9. Pretty simple]

[I can pretty much write about you, no?]

[I could literally write that you lost all your powers lmao. Automatically I'll be out of the RM and you'll be weak as all hell]

[You are only partially resurrected. You are currently a walking corpse. If you exit the reality marble without me fully resurrecting you, the fundamentals of normal reality will be reapplied and the concept of death will be forced upon your living corpse, and you will instantly die - permanently this time]

[You can't write about me without observing me for a few hours each time you write the chapter, even with human observation (need to observe me), and I have made sure you are trapped in the forest, while I am either in my workshop within the sealed colosseum, or in Manhattan]

[I have thought this through]

[Monarch use the gilgamesh speical Gilgamesh's technique to expose Lancer's third SG is A.U.O. Cast Off ( Þï▒ÚøäþÄïAÒâ╗UÒâ╗O Òâ╗Òé¡ÒâúÒé╣ÒâêÒé¬Òâò, Eiyü-ŌAÒâ╗UÒâ╗O Kyasuto Ofu?), a way for him to cut loose and hear the "lovely voices of miserable girls" that are "an instrument to be played by the king." Removing his clothing, he exposes his naked body, a thing of supreme beauty surpassing the most perfect diamonds in the world and having great effect upon virginal young girls like her. As he poses provocatively and calls for her to stare fervently at him if she is truly accustomed to such, it is super effective against her and allows for her SG to be captured. Though his plan was for her to be entranced by his glory and surrender herself, she instead runs away, possibly because he was too beautiful even for one who pursues beauty and showed too great a difference between them. Rani decides to delete the last five minutes from the council room's records, and Hakuno decides to forever ignore whether it was a serious ploy or just to tease Lancer.]

[Also from what ik Ea can only be used by one person alone]

TISSG7Redgrave said:
[Monarch use the gilgamesh speical Gilgamesh's technique to expose Lancer's third SG is A.U.O. Cast Off ( Þï▒ÚøäþÄïAÒâ╗UÒâ╗O Òâ╗Òé¡ÒâúÒé╣ÒâêÒé¬Òâò, Eiyü-ŌAÒâ╗UÒâ╗O Kyasuto Ofu?), a way for him to cut loose and hear the "lovely voices of miserable girls" that are "an instrument to be played by the king." Removing his clothing, he exposes his naked body, a thing of supreme beauty surpassing the most perfect diamonds in the world and having great effect upon virginal young girls like her. As he poses provocatively and calls for her to stare fervently at him if she is truly accustomed to such, it is super effective against her and allows for her SG to be captured. Though his plan was for her to be entranced by his glory and surrender herself, she instead runs away, possibly because he was too beautiful even for one who pursues beauty and showed too great a difference between them. Rani decides to delete the last five minutes from the council room's records, and Hakuno decides to forever ignore whether it was a serious ploy or just to tease Lancer.]
[Also from what ik Ea can only be used by one person alone]
[You will never delete this comment. It shall be recorded forever]

[And technically none of us are using the original NP, just perfect copies of them (Gil would hate me), so Saver could write himself a copy to use]

[wasn't planning to if you want the gif in all its glory tell me so i shall paste it OVO]

[He might become on just because someone else used it XD (fyi is this night or day?)]

[@Llama: You are Saver, choose something that will fit your class. Take this: Amita Amitabha . No living being can withstand this NP. You're welcome.]

[@Monarch: That isn't what i'm going to wish for.]

[BEHOLD:
Castoff.gif
i got no idea but there is a censor i swear]

• As the night passes in a suprisingly uneventful night I back home first to catch a break my master went out and wrote: "I'm C sized for crying out loud A-hole" I sighed as i wrote: With paddings yeah i bet your wish for the grail is to get bigger ones as I play a PS4 games for now*

Monarch Laciel said:
[Immediately writes self LoD]

[What isn't?]
[Amita Amitabha. You're thinking that i'm trying to kill you with my wish (but the truth is different) so you may think that NP is what i'm going to wish for. Btw, what is LoD?]

[@RedGrave: Savage.]

Owari. LoD is Legend of Dracula - it turns me into a vampire on use, i.e. dead, so not affected by "no living being can withstand it"

I look around, see all the branches that killed me at a point of time, perfectly still around me. I try walking back to the colosseum but the branches block my path. I walk back into the open area and sit down there with a sigh.

I look at my book, my only own NP left. I pick up a pen(Not sure how I have one) and begin writing Chapter #1 :

Saverwas on the floor in Ruler's mysterious forest.He began to think of a way to defeat Ruler. "Firepower. Firepower is the key" he decided. What other rank of Noble phantasms other than Ex Rank could provide him such weapons? There are Ex-Ranked NPs that can destroy worlds,Ex-ranked NPs that can make a man omniscient, Ex-Ranked NPs that can easily kill any living being, Ex-Ranked NPs that can slay gods themselves....the potential is huge, Saver decides, with his primary intention being to kill Ruler.

I write 5 more chapters in the 8 hours I have and prepare for my battle with Ruler with only Clarent, hoping to be able to continue my story later.

The branches approach me and surround me once more, dragging me into the colosseum where Ruler waits.

[@Hizack there's no point if my character doesn't find out your character's shoe size. I in part did this cause I want to create some sort of dialogue since nothing's been happening, but if you'd rather I can just say Caster came across Avenger and found out his shoe size.]

Before the sun rose, I finished up Lancer's shoes, a second agility drop crystal, and a strength drop crystal, then turned the blades for Saber's sword into magic items. Both of them boost the users strength when wielded. Additionally the first one has a light healing effect to recover strength and treat minor wounds [I was thinking high-low regen here], the second can fire a blade of wind that traces the movements of the sword. One for defense, one for offense, and switching between them is a breeze, as it's literally done with the press of a button.

I go to tell Saber, "heya, I finished your wakizashi!" I explain the various enchantments it possesses, and tell her, "when you want to switch blades, just press the button, the blades in the sheathe and the one on the sword will swap places." I hope this blade satisfies her. But before she can say anything, I ask her a question. "If you don't mind, could I know your name? This is the first time I've made a weapon for someone, so I was hoping I could engrave your name on the blade and sheathe." I can only hope she'll accept.

[I started writing this stuff before I found out it was day, and I said that I was starting it a while ago, so I'm counting it as the stuff from the previous day-night cycle.]

• I played a lot of games in the PS4 then i ordered pizza, burgers, take out tenderloin stakes while i go through persona 5. After around 9 my master came back to see me playing like hell*
"Red wtf you've been gone too often dammit!!! And bloody hell with the letter"

"Yeah yeah Sarah. *As i just finished the last slice of pizza then she turns off the game as i JUST reached the final boss* Sarah FFS i was at the first boss dammit. You my mom or something??"

"Geez I was dragged into a war and I got some A-hole."

"An A-hole who can kick ass HELLO"

• I kept arguing with her though she tried to knife me a lot could have killed a lot of people...yup a yandere we have here *sigh* I always wonder she never really tries to find out on the war so when I'm gone she'll be better right?*
"Welp i at least saved it but man it's so close to the bloody end..." *Goes out the window* "Will be going to ESB ciao"

"Hmph" *She pouts hard almost like she wants to say something...Christ she can be a pain as I walked to square first*

As the day come, Caster come to me with his completed Wakizashi. That's... even more than what i asked for. It's a magecraft sword that can be used on both offense and defense. This sword is worthy enough to become a true NP. His Pioneer of the Stars is a real deal. He really can do impossible thing.

- If you don't mind, could i know your name? This is the first time i've made a weapon for someone, so i was hoping i could engrave your name on the blade and the sheathe.

- I... I'm just an empty body...

- Not that again. I already told you. What you do define you, not what you are. Now, what is YOUR name?

- I'm... Mitsuh... wait, wrong franchise. I thought about that, too. I never really had a name from the beginning. After our talk with Avenger, i talked with Shirou. I told him about me, everything. I thought he would hate me, a Faker of Fakers. But, he smiled. He didn't really care about my origin. He accepted me for who i am. That's why, i've already made up my mind. My name is Owari. In Japanese, it means "End". I'll end this war. That's Shirou's wish. He doesn't want any more casualties in this peaceful Manhattan.

- You know what? Even if this HGW end, another will begin somewhere else.

- I don't care about other HGW. But this one must end.

I look at Caster. I've changed. I'm not the weak Saber anymore. I've become stronger, both mind and body. At first, i don't have any wish. I just want to fight strong opponent. But, right now, Shirou's wish is mine, too. Caster smiles and says:

- You're saying that you're going to kill me?

- Yes.

- Fuhahaha. It seems Avenger was right after all. You're priceless, Saber. Seeing how you grow up is very interesting. Alright, after our fight with Rider, i'll give you a fantastic match! You'll face a serious me!

- Thank you, Caster. But, you gave me strong items. I don't think i can use them to face you... (Mean i'll face you w/o any of your items).

- Nah, i don't care. Leonardo Da Vinci spent his whole life for others. He created tons of things but not even one of them for himself. Knowing that my weapon will shine until this war's end is an honor for a craftsman like me.

- Thank you, Leo... no, Blah.

I take his Wakizashi with me and go to the roof for praticing.

[@Owari, you forgot to let Blahster magically inscribe your name onto the blades and sheath.]

She really is fun. I came to Saber with a selfish request to allow me to truly personalize my first work of this kind, but by Owari I was given more than I bargained for. It's not how I had planned to end things, but I can't betray her expectations after such a beautiful and straightforward declaration. I'll have to face her seriously. Even if it contradicts my aiming for third place, I have to do everything in my power to win that fight. Putting on a good show alone is no longer enough.

I return to my workshop, I prepare four more crystals: two magic drop crystals, one endurance drop crystal, and one luck drop crystal. As I work I use the observation wards around the territory to watch Owari's training. My on-the-spot combat intuition is imperfect, so if I want to give her a proper fight I need watch her more closely.

[I'm going to sleep now. As usual, feel free to drag Blahster into dialogue.]

[Lama you can stomp Ruler with Diatrekhōn Astēr Lonkhē, if you activate the duel field it would restrict his reality marble since it probably counts as third party interference. You can also restrict weapons and use counter hero to derank his parameters before beating him to death with your fists. EDIT: Actually it seems you can't restrict weapons in the duel field but that won't matter since you will have EX str and he will have E rank str after counter hero.]

• As I walk to ESB I went back to central square on a whim and got more food going back to Hell's Kitchen but this time Sarah is out YES! Now i can continue persona 5 and wait for night time*
  • After a 30 minutes*
"Whew I managed to beat the boss and man 14th of Feb on that day was scary going pimp mode for fun has its downfall at least i wouldn't be that bad if it happens time to go to the epilogue"

• After playing through the epilogue and NG+ played the ultimate boss as a lvl 9*
"That's a huge challenge man ugh those twins...*As the door opens at the front door* Oh man that's Sarah gotta go for lunch *Jumps the window without leaving a trace but not before noticing Sarah left the window open so I saw her change completely*

Internal monologue: "Yup paddings was right about that" *I chuckled to myself as I ran as fast as i could before she can notice my train of thoughts*

"Now what to eat...she needs to be FAR more careful with her bloody window...maybe she and Saber could get along with their temper and bloodlust" *I went to another italian restaurant to get more food*

[Probably a mix of strength, agiity and endurance, but its not specified I think. The fact that my base parameters are almost all 3 ranks weaker than his would qualify me as weaker though]

[@Monarch, I'd take something and turn it into an NP, but what exactly can I even use in Ars Paulina? I had a dagger. I made the dagger Clarent. I have nothing else to "convert" into another Np. Sure I can go with non-physical NPs,but the ones that would help me to escape you are all sorta Physical, from what I know]

[Go for non-artifact based ones. Thanks to Akhilleus Kosmos's protection, you'd be unable to even break a branch to fashion into a spear]

[Maybe develop Saver's hate for Ruler into Clarent Blood Ruler or something? Seeing as that ability is not intrinsically linked to Clarent, its Mordred's hatred being channelled through it]

[Lol also want to do the plot thing that i mentioned (ressurecting thing or at least move to the throne of heroes)?]

[@Monarch again thoes rules only apply to Achilles the wiki phrased it weirdly. The fate/apocrypha material stated nothing about the rules of the noble phantasm just how Achilles put restrictions on himself. "since Achilles killed the Amazoness Queen Penthesilea with this spear, he cannot use it against women. In the first place, this spear can only be used against "those who Achilles wants to fight one-on-one against". In other words, if Achilles doesn't "wish to fight them" and the opponent doesn't have enough courage and skill to respond to his challenge either, Achilles won't use this spear. Furthermore, even if Achilles himself wants to fight them, he won't try to forcefully bring his opponents into the one-on-one arena if they don't want to"]

Back