• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Huh, edits can come as notification if there's no response to it? That's news to me.

Anyway yeah, I was actually wondering that too and I think it's not really necessary to get Immersion.

That too, I've been confused about when I first placed them years ago. But now, Transmutation does seem more logical.

I'll have to go through the profiles again, but for now, I think Zero's duplication should go? He doesn't show potential of using it again and it seemed exclusive to the events of UZF part 1 given how circumstantial it was.

Nah I just made a new post but than I thought that would just clog up the thread so I decided to delete the old post and merge it with the new one.

Alright so yeah no immersion and change matter manipulation with transmutation.

Is it though? Cause from the looks of it it’s an ability that came from the Ultimate Bracelet so it shouldn't really be a one time exclusive thing. Like it’s probably just like Tiga’s Power Type Zeperion Beam. An ability that they always had but they never really used other than that one time. So I’m personally against removing that ability.

Ah.

In that case, it seems there's mostly a need to replace or update since the Spark Dolls era characters have mind and time manipulation listed as the primary power instead of transmutation for their ability to turn targets into Spark Dolls. And then X's regen should be resurrection instead, I don't know why I thought that was a good idea just because I saw Decade getting the same from similar evidences. Ginga's Duplication or Illusion needs to be decided and I think it should be limited Duplication instead since he was never shown fighting with them. Unless we're also assuming the same as with other abilities that are there but never really used much or properly.

So yeah, having gone through most of the profiles, they're mostly in need of better wording, but not a lot needs to be removed.

Yeah the ability to turn things into spark dolls should be considered Transmutation. Resurrection is already listed under Ultra Physiology so I think all we need to do is remove X's regeneration. Yeah even I'm not sure if Ginga's cloning is actual duplication or just illusions he created using afterimages. But sure we could go with your idea of limited duplication.

I'll list add the ability additions as well as ability deletions later. Just realized I still have a few homework due today that I forgot about.

It's also Sealing, but they also have that with completely separate usage. Speaking of limited duplication, I forgot if Orb had it already because if not, he should, as per Episode 4 and the SCW confirming that he pretty much made clones through his afterimages.

Whoops, then I take it you'd be off for a while?

I see so transmutation and sealing for spark doll users.

Yeah just a few hours at most. I should be able to update the draft a bit more once I’m done.

We already considered Law Manipulation resistance for DRC? Since apparently Logic = Law (as I saw in a FoP profile, Cosmo's) and DRC's powers is explicitly stated to be beyond that. And it's unlikely a hyperbolic statement since we also already know that its meant to directly counter Greeza, who also passively causes disruption of universal laws.

You might have to bring that up in the CRT when we touch upon the law manipulation stuff. But yeah anyways I don't think I'll be updating anymore today. Honestly didn't expect my homework to take this long to finish.

So the new episode is out and yeah like I expected this is more of a recap episode. But I guess now we know how Ignis will transform into Trigger Dark. Seems like he will probably use the failed prototype of the GUTS Sparklense. But yeah i have to agree with him how in the world didn't they notice him hiding lol. But from the looks of it it's not Trigger Dark that possessed Ignis but rather Ignis who absorbed the remnants of Trigger Dark since he doesn't seem possessed and still has his normal personality. Also holy crap, Zaigorg and Horoboros might have appeared in the Trigger Universe in the past and Ignis now has keys containing their power.

And thanks to the newest episode of the GRF Voice Drama we have confirmation that Standard Justice is on par with Seven 21 in the early New Generation Era. And 80 seems to be overall stronger than Neos and Seven 21 as he's a member of the Ultra Brothers so from the looks of it the scaling between the Leugocyte Extermination Team would be.

Future Cosmos = Crusher Justice > 80 > Neos = Seven 21 = Standard Justice = Eclipse Cosmos

But still what the heck is that preview of the next episode. I understand Diavolo is probably holding back but still just by looking at the preview he seems to be getting knocked back and hurt by Power Trigger and Ribut. Like I was honestly expecting him to pull a Tartarus and just shrug off attacks from Ribut and Trigger like Tartarus did against Joneus in UGF2 considering how he's stated to be equal to Tartarus.

Last edited:
Well i believe he won't be affected by that because we did saw when tartarus and jonius hit each other they were sent back but tartarus just shrug off while we only see diavolo get sent back

I'm gonna assume it's a fluke, that the two were able to hurt Diavolo that much.

Episode 13 was pretry fun though, actually amusing to see the characters get time in the light again. Though the fact they chose this episode to have the appropriate characters be used as analogues to Trigger's forms kinda says a lot about the overall planning of the seriee. Zaigorg was also weird, like how'd they get his data?

Haven't watched the VD, but that's cool.

Thing is Tartarus pretty much completely shrugged off an attack from Joneus who from the looks of it is comparable to the Showa Ultra Brothers who are Low 2-C and was only somewhat budged by one of Joneus' attack while holding back. But Diavolo got budged and seemingly somewhat hurt by a 3-A that is at the very bottom of the Reiwa Era scaling chain. So yeah even if we do get confirmation Diavolo is holding back, its still stupid for them to show him be hurt by one of the weakest 3-As of the current era. Like they could've at least made Glitter Trigger Eternity the one that somewhat budged Diavolo to confirm he's Low 2-C.

Also poor Max. With the GRF Voice Drama slowly revealing the scaling now we know Max is actually all the way at the very bottom of the scaling chain during the New Generation Era even with Max Galaxy.

Future Cosmos = Crusher Justice > 80 > Eclipse Cosmos = Standard Justice = Seven 21= Neos > Post-Training Ribut ≈ Max w/ Max Galaxy > Xenon = Max ≈ Powered ≈ Great > Pre-Training Ribut

Last edited:
I guess going by the mag scans, it is being heavily implied that Diavolo will be having trouble, which would suck. But I'm still gonna assume fluke on their end.

Damn, Max really out here being made Min.

They better have Tartarus come in and ask Diavolo what he's doing with Diavolo replying he's just playing around. Cause if Diavolo really loses to Ribut + Glitter Trigger Eternity then that would just be stupid since scaling wise they shouldn't be anywhere near Ultimate Shining Zero's lvl.

For real. Max actually went from fighting a bunch of op monsters and called the strongest and fastest (tv) Ultra at one point to being treated as one of the weaker Ultras in the early New Generation Era. That is just sad.

It'll probably be something like Zero Beyond in the end, adjusted as needed just so their cameo doesn't end up being gamebreaking.

I think I made that joke before now that I think about it. But yeah, that really sucks. Hope TDC gives him better showings at least. As long as his character doesn't get completely messrd over, the broken chain is whatever it wants to be.

Probably.

Yeah I think you've made the same joke once before. Anyways I also updated the draft again. How does it look now is there anything I'm missing? Also I need scans for Orb.

Miscellaneous Ultra Series Revision Part 3 Ability Additions

Tiering Changes

Just a few stuff I missed

U-Killersaurus

So I kinda forgot about this but normal U-Killersaurus actually only fought the Ultra Brothers at the end of the Showa Era not the Heisei Era. So Base U-Killersaurus should be downgraded to 4-B due to fighting 4 Showa Era Ultra Brothers.

Ultraman Zero

After taking a look at the scaling as well as the Geed SCW again I believe Heisei Zero should probably lose his Low 2-C tier. We originally assumed he was Low 2-C due to being comparable to New Generation Belial since the SCW said they had a fierce fight during the climax of the Omega Armageddon. But after looking at it again it actually never said Belial and Zero had a fierce fight. Instead it only said after a fierce battle, Zero and Belial were in conflict. So the fierce battle was actually talking about the battle Zero had before facing Belial. So from the looks of it the actual battle probably went just like it did in the opening of Ultraman Geed, Belial simply one shot Ultimate Zero after Zero reached him. There wasn’t any fierce offscreen fight between them beforehand.

Not to mention scaling wise, Full Power Ultimate Zero at the time of Ultraman Geed would only be around 240,000x baseline 3-A. But based on our current scaling Pre-Training Tri-Strium Taiga who fought Imit-Belial who is stated to be about equal to Full Power Belial is actually 2,666,667 times baseline 3-A. Literally over ten times stronger than Ultimate Zero of the previous era whom we currently consider to be about on par with Full Power Belial. So it honestly makes no sense for Ultimate Zero to be Low 2-C. So yeah I propose a downgrade for Full Power Zero in the New Generation Era (After Crisis). Only his Reiwa Era self and the other Reiwa Era Ultras should be Low 2-C. Prior to the Reiwa Era, nobody outside of Full Power Belial and the god tiers should be tier 2.

Also Zero's higher with Luna-Miracle should be removed as Luna-Miracle was actually only mentioned to increase his speed but not strength.

Ability Additions

Ultra Physiology Abilties

Ultra Physiology Resistances
Ultraman Zero Abilities
Ultraman Zero Resistances
Ultraman Belial Abilities
Ultraman Belial Resistances
Ultraman King Abilities
Ultraman X Abilities
Ultraman X Resistances
Ultraman Orb Abilities
Ultraman Orb Resistances
Zetton Abilities
Juda Changes
  • Incorporeality should only be part of his first key as later appearances haven’t shown Incorporeality.
Vacuumon Abilities
IF Abilities
U-Killersaurus Resistance/Immunities
Dark Lugiel Resistances
Greeza Abilities
Greeza Resistances/Immunities
Greeza Ability Changes

Limited
Time Manipulation and Matter Manipulation via turning targets into Spark Dolls should be replaced with Transmutation.

Last edited:
Oh man, that was a real feast for the eyes. Yeah, it looks good, better now that the appropriate changes have been made to some of the abilities that I wrongly categorized. I think Xlugger Shoot's Deconstruction can go since I'm also very dubious about it now.

On a slightly related topic, have you assigned resistances to EE and Deconstruction to Rei? He stated himself he could hold off the breakdown around the start of Part 2. In all honesty, it should also be usable as extra justification for Zero having it due to him essentially being a much more powerful Rei.

Well, i think Diavolo vs Trigger would be like Chopper vs Queen from One Piece, pretending he got hit and shit, then laugh at it and be like "dis vut a scratch"

@Mr.Cutlery Oh right I haven't added those resistances to Rei. I should probably go add them onto the sandbox now.

@Veloxt1r0kore That probably is the case. But man due to this one preview people are already downplaying the hell out of Ultimate Shining Zero for losing to Tartarus who is equal to Diavolo who is getting hurt by Power Trigger and Ribut.

Also we’ve found quite a bit of stuff for Zero and the New Generation Ultras but it doesn’t seem like we’ve got anything to update for the Showa Ultras. And I’m pretty sure they have far more abilities missing from their profiles than the New Generation Ultras.

Last edited:
@Peter1129
I'm very sure they have a lot more stuff they can go with. The most unfortunate thing is that if we were to find aome techniques that look unique, we wouldn't know unless we have databooks. Ultra Attack Ray being one of those examples. Crap, as a result, Zero should get some level of resistance to Paralysis Inducement because he was only hurt by Robot Ultraman's UAR. And once again proving your words about how we keep finding stuff for Zero and co.

Also, inb4 TDC goes absolutely nuts with Zero and the Absolutians. Be an easy way to quiet people down.

Edit: Almost forgot, Rei and his monsters should also get Soul Manipulation. Him because it's his schtick, Eleking for cutting off his connection to Rei, Gomora for damaging Reiblood. I'm pretty sure Reiblood did take damage, especially after Gomora and Red King went EX.

Edit 2: I don't know how I forgot, but Belial should also have Weather Manipulation. And Zero gets resistance to Reality Warping because of Bullton yet again since Bullton pretty much maintains reality and thus should be included as part of the effects in its 4D wormhole. Or something like that, hindsight made this weird.

Last edited:
@Mr.Cutlery Added them all although didn't Robot Ultraman use the Ultra Slash? Also I added the stuff we missed for IF.

And outside of the Ultras. Are the monsters and aliens missing anything else from their profiles? Like Mold, Juda, Dark Lugiel, and Vacuumon? None of them are missing anything?

As for Vacuumon, a quick check tells me his resistances should go and instead he'll get Inorganic Physiology.

Since we still have the Ultraman Story key for Juda, I think we should split his abilities into two keys, one for that and the other for subsequent appearances? Because later incarnations don't appear to be incorporeal. It got merged at one point during a staff clean-up on the page.

Dark Lugiel gets resistance to empathic and fear due to absorbing Minus Energy in masses without ill effects.

I think if we go by what Ace said, U-Killersaurus and by extension all Choju, immunity to fear, empathic and pain should apply to them? I doubt he was only making a metaphorical statement given what we're then subsequently shown afterwards. Yeah we saw the first Baraba running around after getting his eyes busted out, but this seemed to retcon that.

Wait, if Baraba was the manifestation of Yapool's hatred and thus an embodiment, does that give it AE? I feel like it kinda should, but I also remember the JJK thread saying it wouldn't.

Damage Boost for Zetton, I think. Was it legit info that Zetton's Final Beam empowers attacks? Jist had a sudden doubt. If it does, then yeah.

But beyond that, I think that's it.

Edit: Forgot. But no, Robot Ultraman did use UAR, in that moment where he circled around Zero with R.Ultraseven.

Last edited:
Alright so Inorganic Physiology for Vacuumon

Oh right Juda in Ultraman Story had incorporeality even though all other versions of him aren’t shown having that. Like I know Ultraman Story is partial canon due to Juda and Grand King being canon but still there’s just so many weird stuff from it.

Okay so Resistance to Empathic Manipulation and Fear Manipulation for Dark Lugiel.

Yeah I guess. It’s not the first time the Ultra Series has retconned stuff. Like Belial dodging Taro’s Strium Beam in Ultra Galaxy Legends has been retconned to be Taro hitting Belial and slightly damaging him with it in Ultraman Z.

I uhh don’t think Baraba should get Abstract Existence. Like it wasn’t shown to have any of the abilities of somebody who has abstract existence. I just thought he was a simple creation possessed by Yapool’s hatred like how Rayblood possessed Armored Darkness.

Oh yeah Zetton Final Beam absorbs enemy attacks and fires it back with its own power added onto the absorbed attack if I remember correctly.

Yeah, AE is a no go. A shame we can't get any unique physiology from Baraba considering that Juggler actually called it a matetialization of Yapool's energy.

But other than that, guess everything's fine to add, including Chouju immunities, right?

Yeah everything else should be fine. I’ll add them to the draft later. We have everything after I add them right? If yes I think I should be able to post this some time tomorrow. But if no than I’ll wait a bit more before I post it.

Last edited:
One last addition is probably a resistance to Quantum Manipulation for Orb. In ORIGIN SAGA's last two episodes, Psyqueen was fused through quantum reconstruction, and Orb later physically entered the field when the fusion was being destabilized. Beyond that, I say it's ready, sorry for taking up too much time.

Nah it’s fine. This was actually much quicker than I originally expected. But yeah we should have everything ready tomorrow. Though I’ll probably post it on Tuesday instead since I don’t have time tomorrow.

I rewatched the full version of TAC, and finished Chapter 1 at least. Awfully nice that they actually kept it consistent that even though Max will be overtaken by the Gudis Cells, his Light is technically still there, just overwhelmed, but basically unaffected.

Also, seems like at least Ribut and maybe Xenon will get Biological Manipulation (Cell Destruction) by assisting in Maga-Orochi's destruction. Great established that if even a single piece remains, it'll still have effect, and when Maga-Orochi hatched they stated that there's still some. Have we noted this before? Imma be listing it in my notes anyway.

Edit: Crap crap crap. Acid and Corrosion for Ultraman via Aboras. Limited resistance to Absorption for Zero via LunaMiracle because he voluntarily entered Bemstar and Gan-Q. Beyond this, ignore any new additions and save it for some other time because if I forgot, then it prolly wasn't too important.

Last edited:
Actually I seem to recall the ultra wiki saying Ultra’s skin allows them to resist acid and corrosion. And I’m pretty sure outside of Ultraman other Ultras have also shown resistance to acid and corrosion. So these might actually be an Ultra Physiology resistance rather than an resistance for Ultraman only. Also Base Zero already has resistance to absorption so that’s kind of redundant. Yeah just checked Ace also resisted Aribunta’s acid spray which instantly melted a human down to their bones without much problems. So resistance to Acid and Corrosion is an Ultra Physiology resistance.

Edit: Also I checked the fight between Zero and the Robot Ultra Brothers and Zero actually dodged the Ultra Attack Beam. He never got hit by it so I don't think he should get resistance to Paralysis Inducement because of this.

Edit 2: Also I believe I have updated everything check and see if there's anything I'm missing.

Last edited:
Oh, that's nice, more physiology resistance. And huh, I forgot we listed DarkKiller Zone as absorption. Alright, no PI resistance, but not like it'd matter much since he already has a crap ton.

Oh man, the list really got big. It's almost nuts. Almost. But yeah, it looks great.

Alright if there's no more problem do you want me to post it now? Or do you want me to wait till tomorrow?

Oh right not related to the CRT but I just remembered since Ultras are shown to resist Absolute Zero this would mean any monsters or aliens that can instantly freeze an Ultra has ice manipulation below absolute zero as they can bypass an ultras resistance towards absolute zero.

Hey did anyone read ultraman nexus novel called second dream ?

Cause i heard there is dark lucifer who have power of all dark giant and cause Noa to have two host in order to defeat him

Probably not, since Z showed that Peguila's ice only froze Windom down to what I remember to be around -30 C°, and then there's Lagoras whose ice beam only neared AZ. Resistance Negation at most, but even after watching the Ace episode where they resisted it, I'm still a little iffy on AZ resistance all around.

Other than that, I think it should be fine now? Unless we also want to list an immunity to diseases since that's what the wiki also says, that they're practically immune to conventional diseases. If we do consider that, I'd say it's fair since TAC establishes them as being able to hold it off, with the Gudis cells still affecting them due to being an outright alteration of biology rather than acting only like a disease. Extra reasoning for acid resistance is probably them surviving on planets with inhospitable atmospheric condition which should count as chemical weathering.

Pretty sure nobody can actually really get that book considering how it really only circulated in Japan given its release year of 2012 if I remember correctly. How canon is it anyway?

@Kamenriderblaze Heard about the novel and Dark Lucifer having the power of the dark giants in Ultraman Nexus but I've never found it anywhere online. Also I don't even know if the novel is canon. And there's also the problem with Noa not actually being on the lvl of King in his first few appearances. Like at the time of Belial Galactic Empire Arch Belial was apparently stated to have raw power on par with the legendary Noa or something like that. It wasn't until the New Generation Era that they have started to bring up Noa more often as an Ultra on the same lvl as King.

@Mr.Cutlery Not them as they aren't really shown to freeze Ultras but only robots and humans. Reicubas was able to instantly freeze Dyna with its freeze breath and Alien Babarue was also shown to freeze Astra and Hikari with his ice breath so they are examples of those with ice manipulation at or below absolute zero.

If there's examples or statements of them resisting diseases than I'm fine with adding it to the Ultra Physiology. And do you remember an example of Ultras surviving on these inhospitable planets?

Back