• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Isn't Death-Drago technically stronger though, after the boost from Carmearra? Then again, that episode kinda draws a blank in my head now so I don't remember it much.

You know, a somewhat messed up thought I had regarding all these re-focus on older characters on UGF. I think we could one day say goodbye to some of the older Ultras, you know, and it'd be fine because like it or not, the Ultra Brothers' actors are getting old and they've sort of been heavily typecasted onto their characters so it's probably impossible to just replace them.
No not to my knowledge. Trigger is comfortably stronger than almost every monster he has fought so far. Even after getting amped by Camearra, Trigger was still able to defeat DeathDrago before his color timer even started flashing in Sky Type.

I think they mentioned something about this during Ultraman Z so they had Ace’s actor shout all his attack names against Baraba so that they can still use Ace even if his actor passes.

@Veloxt1r0kore Actually good question. What if this Powered Dada is the same Dada from Powered’s series? Like we know Tsuburaya isn’t shy to connecting the different series together. Like they pretty much confirmed that the Ultraman Z world is the continuation of the Ultra Q world with Rechallenge from the Year 2020.

Huh. So much for darkness injection. We really need a better use of the Light and Darkness power since we're sort of returning to that with Trigger.

Oh man. Guess they too have already thought of it. It's good I suppose, given how clear Keiji's age was through his voice.

I feel like I've thought of doing this as well, but getting to hear a confirmation on application through a thread is neat.

Yep. Although I think this only affects Tiga right? Cause if I remember correctly unlike Tiga, Dyna‘s type change doesn’t decrease speed or AP when he turns into his strength and speed type respectively right? And all later Ultras with transformation merely adds the AP or speed boost from a transformation without any decrease in stats.

I think so, yeah. Though what about Acro Smasher, that also sees power increase?

Also, not sure how legit it is, since it's a translated tweet, but apparently UGF 3 could feature well over 100 characters. Now I'm hoping it's at least 5 to 10 episodes longer.

Well it was shown that Primitive Geed even with the Geed Claw could barely hurt Galactron while Acro Smasher Geed managed to easily cut through a Galactron without it. So yeah Acro Smasher is also a power increase. Basically

Tiga Forms: Increases one stat while decreases another.

Dyna Forms: Increases only one stat while the other stays the same.

Every Ultra after them: Increases all stat but if it’s a strength form than there would be a bigger increase in strength than speed and vice versa with the speed form.

Wait for real? Oh shit it is real.
Damn so does this mean quite a bit of characters are coming back? As in potentially every Ultra from Showa to Reiwa as well as the other aliens like Mirror Man, Fireman, Redman and etc.? Cause they have already appeared in the stage show and with the introduction of the Galaxy Rescue Force, Tsuburaya could bring them back as other members of the group.

Last edited:
It always strikes to me as weird that later speed forms also give strength boost. Now if only we know how much exactly those boosts are without having to scour beyond SCW.

It could be just near 100, since we're also counting forms as part of those count. But still though, even the old Showa heroes wouldn't bump the number up much, so who else are they bringing? Who has the most canon transformations so far, Orb? Will even his and Geed be enough? Unless they also have new forms from the game adapted, like Shining Mystic.

Also just read a Chinese translation of the tweet and actually the tweet actually said the over 100 characters also includes the different forms of an Ultra.

So yeah might not actually be that many characters. There might just be a whole bunch of different forms.

Or maybe we excluded the monsters? I counted all on-screen forms and the Ultras themselves, with some exclusions like Nexus, and I'm around 90 something. So the monsters might be there as well.

The translation only said character so I assume this means every character as in monster, alien, and Ultra. I guess we'll just have to wait for the trailer to drop and see for ourselves just how many characters are gonna be in it.

I'm just gonna blabber a couple stuffs here, but as far as we're aware, stuff like emotions in the series has been treated as some sort of concept, right? And given it's a pretty universal thing, shouldn't it count as a form of conceptual manipulation?

I will try to bring this up in Q&A once I have the right setup, but for now, we at least know that universal abstract ideas such as emotions can be weaponized in the series, so we might be seeing a form of Type 3. And if I'm right or interpreting King's energy right, Childhood Radiation and its offshoots like Ultimate Final could maybe, possibly, potentially be Type 2 due to being sourced from a single power which covers that universal concept as a whole.

So the new title screens for Ultraman Trigger and GRF Voice Drama are out. And yep as many people thought they accidentally posted the episode 8 title image for episode 7 last week. And hey Justice is appearing in GRF Voice Drama. And apparently the description said Justice has a message from Delacion that they wanted to talk to Izana about. Oooh we are getting more Delacion this week. Could they perhaps give us confirmation that Delacion created more than one universe?

Also better image quality preview of Trigger Dark.

Oh crap, I didn't even think of the possibility that we could more delicious Delacion info.

Damn the wait is kind of getting unbearable. Probably because it's only somewhat recently that we're getting to the more interesting stuff. Also, since they're teasing Trigger Dark this early, it's safe to fully assume he'll be midseason. Hope they'll build the drama from episode 11 so it concludes in an at least satisfactory manner.

For real. When I saw the GRF Voice Drama I honestly thought we were just gonna get adventures of Ribut in the GRF but nope apparently we are getting quite a bit of lore from this Voice Drama. The lore of the Ultra Series multiverse got expanded in one of the previous episode and now we might be getting more info on Delacion. This is simply way too good.

Yeah the wait really is unbearable now that we are getting to the hyped stuff. And I think Trigger Dark might be the mid season finale boss. Since he's the first enemy outside of King Joe Storage Custom and Powered Dada who is actually outright stronger than Trigger. So Trigger Dark might be what forces Trigger to unlock Glitter Trigger Eternity now that Z isn't here to help Trigger.

Feels like they're just finally allowed to put everything built up before on the frontlines, let loose. But wait, when did the Joneus episode take place again? Still pre-Chapter 3?

Wonder when they'll bring that info about Eternity Core on-screen, though. Because it'd be nice to have Trigger Dark somewhat scale to Glitter Eternity in Low 2-C. Of course that depends on the potency of Eternity Core in the first place.

Everything so far in GRF Voice Drama is Pre-Chapter 3. Like the episode with Kenis is where Ribut learned how to speak in a weird manner. Heck he literally said those exact same words "Don't underestimate the Galaxy Rescue Force's intel" to Tregear in UGF1. So right now GRF Voice Drama takes place even before UGF1.

Ehh who knows. Sometimes mid season bosses are somewhat comparable to the Ultras new form sometimes they are completely inferior. So its honestly a 50/50 chance of Trigger Dark scaling.

Yeah, just kind of weird that we'd see Joneus and with some familiarity when Chapter 3 made it seem like that's somewhat their first proper interaction.

Aye, probably. Just hope they're clearer with the potency this time.

Welp more unconfirmed news came out

Basically according to this there was an exchange meeting. And it seems like next year will be New Generation Dyna to celebrate Dyna's 25th anniversary and they also saw a NEW GENERATION Trilogy in the materials. So it seems like we might be getting a New Generation TDG for the next three years. Also Trigger actually has another form that seems to be a fusion with Trigger Dark.

Wot da hell? There better be a Bundar equivalent because that would just be unfair. Also, if we keep up this trend and add in the possibility of more Eternity Core stuff, we could get a trio, if not a quartet of Low 2-Cs.

Also in case you guys are wondering whether or not this is credible. According to the post this is the same person who leaked the the correct info on the personality of the characters of TPU. So there’s a rather high chance this might also be real. But it’s still not confirmed.

So the new episode is out. And is it just me or was this episode really underwhelming? Like Powered Dada just came out of no where and we don’t even know for sure what happened to him. Did it get taken out when it wasn’t fused with King Joe? Or is a part of him still in King Joe? Like there’s just so many questions. Not to mention the fight was also really underwhelming it’s just a bunch of transformation scenes along with a few attacks. Heck we didn’t even see Gamma Future use Gamma Illusion something I was really looking forward to. I feel like the only fun thing about this episode was the interaction between the different characters and how Ignis is practically a member of the group just walking in and out of Nursedessei while playing gacha.

Also it doesn’t seem like we got any new information on Delacion from this episode of the GRF Voice Drama. All we got is more confirmation that Justice will probably appear in UGF3 as Delacion sent them to work together with the Land of Light and the Galaxy Rescue Force due to believing Tartarus is a threat.

I guess in retrospect it kinda is, I just let the stakes and dread carry the episode for me. But the characters were indeed spot-on; not so much development, but they definitely had better moments of teamwork this time. And at least the scaling didn't break, like expected, I mean Gamma Future should actually logically be somewhat lesser to KJSC since the reason Red King beat it up before was because Yoko couldn't control it.

That sucks. If we had confirmation on Delacion's power then the statement of seeing Tartarus as a threat could hold more water.

Yeah the scaling didn’t really break but we did have the stupid scene of telekinetically thrown cars hurting Z and Trigger. Which was honestly really stupid.

Yep they didn’t go into any detail about Delacion whatsoever this episode. They pretty much just went omg you’re with the Universal Justice?! And that’s about it.

I feel like that's an inside joke now considering it also happened last time. Or an homage to previous shows where simple stuffs like that are what's impressive. But yeah, if it had a bit more, then the fight coulda been more intensive.

Ah, dammit. Whatever, guess I'll just watch it anyway to get my own weekly dose of GRF VD.

That's a good thing to wake up to. But the changes are only going to be applied once the rest of the CRT is done, right?

I think? Although I would prefer to update the tiers for the Heisei Era characters to 4-A and at least 4-A, likely 3-B for now. Though I guess we could wait a bit longer if you want to do everything at once.

Although I think the next part of the miscellaneous revision should probably be the Ultra Physiology page as this is something that affects pretty much all of our current Ultra profiles. Once that is done we can get to the individual ability revision.

Anyways I'm current updating Ultraman's profile on my sandbox. Can you remind me where some of his current abilities and resistances are from so I can add them onto the references?

Also we really need to figure out what to do with the speed for the series. Cause like Man and Zero's profile all have different formats for the speed.

Btw can you list all the lifting strength and speed calcs here as well? If we need to worry about them sooner or later we might as well get it over with now. So let's just see how many speed calcs and lifting strength calc we have in the series so far and decide what the best format for the profiles would be.

Last edited:
Hmm, I guess it would be a hassle to do it all at once.

Alright, I'm looking them up now.

Powers and Abilities
*Telekinesis and Gravity Manipulation - Episode 25 (Now that I think about it, this one is weird because it's what I recall reading up on his wiki profile)
*Teleportation - Episode 16
*Barrier Nullification - Episode 16
*Water Manipulation - Episode 23
*Creation - Episode 15
*Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction - Mega Monster Battle NEO Episode 13

Resistances
*Mind Manipulation - Episode 18 (This particular resistance should probably be for Sound Manipulation now, however)
*Reality Warping and Spatial Manipulation - Episode 17
*Gravity Manipulation - Episode 16
*Electricity Manipulation - Episode 3

I think at the very least we can split it off into Human Host/Form | Ultra | (Whatever notably different incarnation like a super specific form or alternate version) But I'm also still confused on this.

There's none specifically for speed, but for LS, here's one.

Well this is what I have currently for Man’s profile.
And yeah we should also probably add human form keys for all the Ultras that have one.

Alright so Galaxy Crisis Era and onwards Ultras can scale to Class G. We're gonna need to find something that scales to them for the previous eras.

Also huh just looked at the reference example thing and apparently we also need references for the AP and techniques. Well that's annoying. Did the staff say what to do if the AP scaling and stuff are from databooks, magazines, and interviews?

Yeah, that looks good.

The key split was more my suggestion on how to format the speed, but ya know, could probably get confusing.

That's why I mostly stuck to their "official" weight as their baseline. Still, agreed with finding feats. The Satan Mora episode in Leo could probably work, where he lifted a portion of a building roughly half his height. But I still haven't figured how to do the pixel scaling on that.

I don't think so. But wherever and whatever you can link would probably be best.

Yeah using their official stat as a bare minimum should be fine. The main problem is the monsters and defense teams. Like do we scale them to Ultras official stats or what? Cause I'll be honest Massively FTL+ reaction humans sound weird. And some monsters are clearly shown to be slower than light and stuff. So like should we instead only scale Massively FTL+ to Ultras when they are in space and to monsters that are shown to keep up with Ultra in space? And official stats can be used for the monsters that Ultras fight on Earth. Like Man's current speed format seems to be a great idea though it could use some changes

Speed: Subsonic (Can run at 450 km/h) with Hypersonic flight speed (Mach 5) on Earth, Massively FTL+ flight speed and reaction in space (Is consistently shown as being capable of flying to Earth from the Land of Light in a short time frame which is said to be 3 million light-years away. Is perfectly capable of reacting to things or people coming at him at similar speeds)

As for defense teams, we can probably use those like Yazumi (Tiga - Goldras' episode specifically) and George (Mebius) as the higher rating for reactions speed. But most times we'd probably have to just out then at Athletic Human level. Unless we're also considering odd ones like Zena who should scale to Laiha for having a laser dodging feat, made consistent for being able to fight Kei.

Yeah, scaling monsters with clear space combat feats should be fine. That would mean ones like Bemstar should always scale to that. And the ones frequently seen less on space, what you suggest can work.

Alright I guess we can just do that for the profiles from now on. So all monsters and Ultras that have space combat feats will have a on earth and in space speed. While monsters that don't have space combat feats will only have a on earth speed that scales from whatever the Ultras official stats are.

After looking back at Zero Gaiden 2, and going off of MMB The Movie, I think they can also qualify as having Explosion Manipulation for finishers. It's not even those cases only, we even see it happen again in Ultra Fight Orb with Jack's Ultra Lance and Seven using only his Sluggers.

So we add that onto the Ultra physiology under energy manipulation right? Since it‘s their beams that cause explosions.

Back