• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Okay, the big updates have gone through. If I'm not wrong, Peter had planned for an Ultra Physiology page that should cover most of the more general abilities of an Ultra. But I'm pretty sure he's still busy with another verse, so in the meantime, does anyone feel like making matches with the profiles?

Oh right Ultra Physiology thing. I guess I could make a draft on that. It’s not like I could do anything for the other verse right now since I don’t know how to calc stuff. Might just make a discussion thread whenever the new chapter comes out and see who else will revise that other verse with me.

Anyways for now I’ll just be basing the abilities of the physiology page off this.

And I'll probably be following the format of the Digimon Physiology page.

Last edited:
Okay so this is what I have so far. Pretty sure I'm missing a lot of abilities so yeah just tell me which abilities I'm missing and I'll add them. Also if possible also list resistances that all Ultras should have.

Well, most resistances have already been covered as per the thread I made. But the ones they resist through their Inner Lights are:
*Darkness Manipulation
*Biological Manipulation
*Mind Manipulation
*Morality Manipulation
*Madness Manipulation (Type 1 and 2)
*Corruption (Type 2)

It should also be noted that an Ultra's Telepathy can be used offensively if needed. While there's no particular case of that, it's been hinted through Mirai in UG the movie where he attempted to communicate with Rei but it hurt him. In Ultimate Hero, Powered also assured Kenichi that he would not attempt to control his mind. Seven is another case, but because he's pretty much veteran in Leo, I brought him up last.

Telekinesis should also be in the list of an Ultras' natural ability given how even Man, Taro, Jack and likely several others have shown the bare minimum capabilities of at least immobilizing opponents.

This one might likely only be suited for M78 but Soul Manipulation should also be there since it's their job to also overlook the Monster Graveyard, and they likely also were the ones who keeps them subdued.

Similarly for M78 Ultras, but they should probably have Space-Time manipulation via Travel Spheres. I first thought it could also be Time Stop or Perception Manipulation, but Z may have shed a light. That said, starting from Max, it's shown that everyone outside of the Sphere was either completely stopped or slowed down to an extreme degree. Same thing happens again in Geed episode 7 when Hikari delivered the capsules to Zero. Knowing some Ultras actually fight in them, it's likely combat applicable.

Power Nullification as per cases like Man canceling barriers, Ace canceling intangibility and maybe some others.

That's about all I can remember, so I'm gonna be skimming through the Showa stuffs once I find time.

Any other ones that Ultras should have? Oh right should Ultras also have resistance to things like heat and radiation? I seem to recall them saying the light from the Plasma Spark is too dangerous for humans in Ultra Galaxy Legends. Also I heard somewhere that surviving in space automatically gives you resistance to cold and radiation or something.

I‘m kinda hesitant adding that many different applications of telepathy as well as telekinesis as something all Ultras have. Cause I remember reading somewhere that Seven and Taro are specifically masters at psychokinesis which is why they can use it offensively while the others can only use it for communication.

Alright so soul manipulation for managing the souls of dead monsters right?

Is that really space-time manipulation though? That sounds more like Pocket Reality Manipulation.

I think it’s probably best to just consider those specific abilities that they Ultraman and Ace could do. Cause nullifying barriers and nullifying spatial intangibility are definitely not the same thing.

Edit: Oh right also what type of Self-Sustenance would they have other than Type 1? Oh right almost forgot all Ultras have Large Size Type 1.

Edit 2: Oh also Ultras have Absorption and empowerment via absorbing light right? And I think they should also have Awakened Power as it’s shown that sometimes they can awaken powers beyond their normal limits. Like Ginga gaining power strong enough to fight Dark Zagi who was stomping Jean-Nine who was comparable to Ginga. Or Rosso, Blu, and later on Reube briefly fighting Leugocyte in the finale even though previously Ruebe was casually one shot. I think those counts as Awakened Power right?

Last edited:
Ah, right, heat, cold and radiation should work because of those.

Telepathy maybe, but it's pretty much shown that all Ultras are capable of learning Telekinesis and most M78 Ultras have so far displayed that power. But if you're still hesitant then I guess it can be a case-by-case.

Seems that as long as they can reach the soul since they can affect both monsters and aliens, showing it should work on pretty much any creature. Them being able to restore their human hosts' souls back to them seem indicative of that.

I guess it is.

Alright, Power Null is also a case-by-case then.

Self-sustenance, type 1, maybe type 2 since I don't think it's ever said Ultras need to eat. Large Size also yes. I'm also not sure on diseases and bioweapons, because if I'm not wrong it was scaling from Man I think. But they also say that it was specifically Man's. Might need to re-check though.

Empowerment yes, but Awakened Power seems a little iffy since I doubt all Ulttas can do that.

As for if there's more, I'd still need to check. Everything seems fine so far.

Ehh you’re right I’ll add telekinesis as well.

Alright so no Awakened Power but absorption and empowerment via light (Kinda like Superman) is fine.

I’ll add them all later when I get home.

Just in case I’ll wait and see if anybody else remembers and other abilities or resistance that multiple Ultra was shown to have and should be something all Ultra have in common.

Huh if I’m not reading that wrong that is roughly 3.8 Quintillion times FTL. Should we try and get that evaluated?

Also yeah sucks how we just found out about this now. Could’ve asked Amelia to calculate more stuff.

Alright.

Yeah, 3.8 QuintxSoL. But I'm not sure about having it evaluated though since it could likely open up a can of worms about how universes work in the verse.

Same here.

Yeah I already saw I was missing empowerment via light. I’ll be adding it later along with the other abilities and resistances.

Zero wasn’t amped though. I’m pretty sure they even said those energy were so he could make the trip out of the universe. So he could fly really fast but he doesn't have enough energy to fly out of the universe and into the multiverse.

Yeah, they did say that all the energy transfer was so Zero could make the universe-to-universe trip. But still, that one is way too high of an end so the pre-spacetime barrier scene is our best bet at giving Zero and anyone else any sort of numbers for their speed.

Okay so I just remembered that Ultras seem to also possess Immortality type 2. Is there any other immortality that they qualify for? Also should Ultras have Astral Projection or not? Cause I seem to recall quite a few Ultras using what seems to be astral projections.
Also I just realized that other people can also update the Sandbox. So if you guys have any better way to write the descriptions of the abilities or resistances than feel free to write on it.

In a way, Ultras may qualify for Immortality type 8 as well. Sometimes because their damages don't fully translate to their hosts even after fatal attacks, and in turn their hosts can still transform, although under those circumstances they can actually die as a result. On the other hand, if we take examples like Tiga, as long as some form of positive emotions exist, those can turn into light that could potentially resurrect an Ultra. I'm actually not too sure now.

Astral Projection is probably a yes. Not all has showcased it, but there's more examples of them being able to do it than not, and those haven't been disqualified yet.

Oh, you can do that? Well I guess I'll see what I can do.

Also, do you think it's fair to gauge the level of resistance an Ultra's Inner Light have by taking examples of when they are revived through hope and stuff? Because if we do that, we might cause some potential wank by saying an Ultra is worth at the very least, dozens of humans. Personally, I think it's still a possible prospect though.

Edit: While I'm not sure if it really should apply to all Ultras, I think Low-Mid Regen should be stated as one of the higher ends. So far, only Orb (Episode 15) and Zero (Geed episode 24) have shown that level of regen though.

Last edited:
Yeah I was wondering if they fit Type 8 but I’m honestly not too sure. I think the positive emotion thing was a Tiga specific thing.

Yeah like Zero was shown to do it same with Jack. And does what the Tri-Squad did in Ultraman Taiga count as Astral Projection?

Ehhh I’m not sure if that works.

Yeah problem is there's a lot of contradictions about them having regen. Seven for example was unable to fight at his full power at the end of his series against Pandon because of his injuries. So if he had regen than that shouldn’t be a problem at all.

So yeah, leave out Immortality type 8 and Regen for a bit because of insufficient and contradicting information. As well as the whole resistance gauging thing.

The Tri-Squad's shenanigans should count as being Astral Projection, yes.

Holy crap a bunch of Trigger stuff has just been leaked.
New Tsuburaya Trademarked Names

GUTS-SELECT
GUTS Spark Lens (So I guess this is the transformation item?)
GUTS Hyper Key
GUTS Falcon

Olka Gubila (Sounds like a new form for Gubila)
Carmilla (I guess a new monster based on Carmilla?)
Golba (Sounds like a Golza Melba fusion)
Circle Arms
Satan Deros
Dagon (More Cthulhu stuff)
Death Draco
Ultraman Trigger Dark (Dark version of Ultraman Trigger)
NursDessei (Sounds like a new Artdessei)
Hyudram
Alien Metron Maruru (Another Alien Metron)

So yeah GUTS which means Neo Frontier Space confirmed.

Last edited:
(0 o 0)

Well what a way to start my morning...

Also damn, Dagon, huh? Looks like this is gonna be a blast. Z had some terror aspects, but now, who's ready for some genuine cosmic horror? I say it's been years in the waiting.

So the 3 Dark Giants might also be coming back in some way? Carmilla was listed, and then there's HyuDram which is likely a mix on the other two's names.

And I swear, if the timeline stuff turns out to be the main thing, we are officially entering cosmic territory as being the benchmark for the highest level of power in a series. Geed was a prelude, and Z was likely the throttle what with Bullton and Greeza being the midbosses.

All in all, bless whoever got these info.

Nah its not Camearra. The kanji shown isn't カミーラ it’s カルミラ. So sadly it’s probably not the three dark giants.

Inb4 Ultraman gets a Cthulhu-like Kaiju in the series. Matter of fact, GOO's like Cthulhu would essentially just be that if they were in Japan.
There already is one. Gatanothor is based off of and named after Ghatanothoa a Great Old One from Cthulhu Mythos. And they literally have R'lyeh from Cthulhu Mythos as an island in the series.

Night Fang is also a monster based off of something from Cthulhu Mythos.

Edit: Oh wait you're saying a kaiju whose design is literally based on Cthulhu himself never mind.

Last edited:
This suddenly came to my attention, but have we been ignoring Minus Energy monsters? Didn't 80 and subsequent series specifically say they are born of negative emotions and are embodiments of them to some degree? Isn't that Abstract Existence? How do you deal with that again? Because almost every notable M78 Ultras should be capable of disposing them given that even Mebius during his rookie years was able to at least fight and damage Hoe.

And to add to that, I recall Minus Energy having some form of passive effects that Ultras resist but would otherwise affect humans en masse. So we might be getting more to an Ultra's general Powers and Abilities because of this.

Last edited:
Oh yeah i think they did say that about Minus Energy Monsters. Guess everybody just forgot about it since 80 is kinda forgotten by everybody.

Guess 80 is gonna be bumped up on the priority list again. Then there'll be the Mebius and Orb episode.

Where else have Minus Energy been mentioned as being important whether for being part of the plot or just the episode?

Possible design of Trigger and Trigger Dark.
9c57510fd9f9d72a4509ab50c32a2834349bbb2d.jpg

Saw that, too. I like how there's a bit of Evil Tiga's style in "Trigger"s protector so I'm curious and interested to see what that means.

Tsuburaya also released a teaser image. Also here’s a better lighting version of it too.

So yeah seems like Tiga is confirmed to be reappearing in the new series

Inhale....

WHY THE F*** YOU SO GODDAMN COOL!!?

On serious note, i think Tiga reappear will be just a flashback or mention based from the theory that Tiga and Dyna doesn't exist in Trigger timeline

Trigger has so much hype going for it right now that I’m kinda worried it won’t meet expectations. Like I hope it’s good but I’m kinda scared of people saying it’s bad or mediocre because their expectations going into the series was way too high.

Also on another note this confirms that the giant that was shown at the end of UGF2 isn‘t Trigger now. So my guess is that there might be another Ultra or that is an Absolutian that is against what Tartarus and his people whats to do and is therefore imprisoned.

Gold and purple. Is it weird that this combo is actually what I was hoping for someone with the details we've already learned and theorized about Trigger? And if it means what I think it'd mean, then hoo boy.

Anyway yeah, to touch on Peter's concerns as well, it's the aame here and should be for everyone else. Our best bet is to wait for the head director and writer. Unless there's something I missed.

All in all yeah, Trigger is a very anticipated instalment, and that's understandable. On that note however, despite its promises, which doesn't exist yet by the way with all we've gotten so far, there shouldn't be any ridiculously high expectations for it.

Wait what have people theorized about the colors gold and purple for Trigger?

Yeah pretty much. We should wait for the head writer and director to be announced.

The main problem is that after how amazing Z turned out to be, everybody’s expectations for Trigger series are quite high right now. It doesn’t help that Trigger is implied to be connected to Tiga who is pretty much consistently in the top 3 most popular Ultra of all time as well as the Neo Frontier Space Universe. Plus they confirmed Trigger isn‘t borrowing powers to transform and the fact that Trigger isn’t part of the New Generation. So yeah too many factors pushing the expectations higher.

I'm not sure about others, but I personally have expected such. But yeah, going off color theory and such, I'm guessing Trigger might have a fair bit of powers in his arsenal.

Honestly kinda hoping for the writer to be Yuji Kobayashi. He wrote some of the better episodes throughout most of the franchise since Zero's debut and was one of the head for Ginga S and X, if I remember right.

Oh yeah, that is a lot to be hyped about regarding Trigger. Huh. Yeah, definitely hoping that people's hype don't turn out to be wrong.

Back