• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Good lord, what a shitfest. Yeah, it's detestable how people would sometimes say powerscale doesn't exist, all while jerking off their preferred characters. At the very least, those people aren't using joke powerscales.

Ohhh that's just the tip of the iceberg. Did you know the Chinese Ultra Series vs battle fandom is split into like 10+ different groups each with thousands of followers? Yeah like every group has a different mentality and a favorite that they wank and hate the other groups. So every time a character that one group hates get beat up like say Zero by Tartarus they start to shit on him like there's no tomorrow. And when one character that they love shows up they wank them like crazy. One group uses complete headcanon and ignores in series feats as well as statements. Another uses selective statements to wank their favorite while downplaying another. There's also one that straight up ignores feats shown on screen so they could wank their favorite. Like did you know that when Ultimate Shining Zero was defeated by Tartarus everybody was saying something stupid like Joneus can beat Ultimate Shining Zero since he "beat" Tartarus while Zero lost. Completely ignoring how Belial shattered his energy shield while being powered by a small portion of Tartarus' energy in the last episode of UGF2 which pretty much confirms that Tartarus was playing around and holding back against Joneus.

Last edited:
Okay, the 10+ group thing is new, I don't think you brought that up before. Jeez, here I was thinking there's typically only 2 major groups with some who sits in-between.

10+...****, that is a lot. And with each having thousands of followers? TF? That truly a lot. I can get why but still, that's pretty big for a series like this.

@Mr.Cutlery Yeah the smallest group only has a few hundred but the largest has like tens of thousands of followers. I don't know how many groups there are but I'm pretty sure its more than 10. Off the top of my head there's

奥比奥吧
超奥比奥吧
新奥比奥吧
客观奥比奥吧
奥比兽吧
超兽吧
安培拉星人吧

There's way more but I only remember these off the top of my head. There's also like dozens of other small groups that specifically only talk about one specific character but those are rather small in comparison.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal Ultraman is huge in China. Heck I'm pretty sure the Ultra Series is bigger in China than Japan itself. A lot of limited Ultra Series merchandise are also only sold in China rather than Japan. I remember just a few months ago one of the exclusive limited Ultraman Tiga merchandise was sold out in less than half an hour after its launch. The main Ultraman page on Tieba had a lot of people ranting saying they just got on the page and its already sold out.

Last edited:
Good lord, imagine how repetitive those one-character talkers' convos usually are.

Also, hwat? I get the limited merchandises being China exclusive sales, but almost instantly sold out? And the news is immediately circulated? These guys are nuts.

They are hella repetitive. Like let me tell you when they do vs battles its just a straight up opinion thing. They just say they think 6-4 or 4-6 basically saying they think this character has a slight edge over the other or vice versa. They don't give reasons they just say they think. And when some people do give reasons others would just go and say stuff like Ultras never get stronger and why do you use statements.

Yeah it was also my first time seeing something this crazy. From what I remember some Japanese fans also tried to order and failed and were ranting about it on Twitter before somebody posted it on Tieba saying thank god they weren't the only one that failed to get it. There was also a time when a Japanese fan complained on Twitter saying "Why are the Chinese made Ultra Series merchandise quality so high?!" and then posting a picture of the Night Raiders plane made in China vs the one made in Japan and then proceeding to list the differences.

6-4, 4-6? What? Is that like how we do here, like the whole winning probabilities? And wow that's ********, refusing statements and canon showings.

That's kinda terrifying when you look at it. The whole phenomenon, I mean.

Edit: F words aren't censored but re-tard-ed is?

Yeah pretty much winning probabilities. They use all the probabilities ranging from 0-10 to 10-0. For real. Like you have Base Zero being shown to be on par with Tregear in series as well as being stated in the SCW to be far superior to Tregear on top of being the strongest Ultra in UGF2 and yet they ignore it. They see Joneus beating Tartarus they accept it without even questioning it since at this point in time they were disrespecting Tartarus like crazy. They see Zero losing to Tartarus they don't accept it and make excuses saying Zero was weakened and ran out of energy. That is until the interview from like nearly a week ago confirmed Tartarus is equal to Ultimate Shining Zero while holding back. The biggest canon showing they ignore is probably Eteldummy Alien Empera who has a statement of being stronger than the original Alien Empera being soloed by Burning Brave Mebius. Like they still treat Alien Empera as one of the top tiers in the series for no reason and say both him and Father of Ultra were at their strongest during the Great War. Even though the data books literally said Empera got stronger after the war.

Yeah I'm honestly kinda glad I don't have an account. Otherwise I would probably go on a huge rant in these groups and get banned. Which is a thing they do btw. If you go against what the groups believe and talk against it they just straight up ban you. Like I think in one of the groups if you say Zero > New Generation Ultras they ban you because they hate Zero.

Huh never knew some words get censored.

Last edited:
Guess I lucked out by being here still and even now. Still has some major flaws, but it has its own good way compared to other places.

Then again, everything has its goods and bads...some more than others.

Do they even use showings to support their own opinion? Yeah they can ignore statements and be selective about canon showings, but surely they're not so overconfident as to think their opinion is a universal stuff.

How far does the Zero hate boner go in their place? Any close approximation in percentage you can think of?

@Qliphoth_Bacikal
Nevertheless, you should always be 100% on guard when it comes to Toku fanbases. I believe that because Toku is still relatively small as a whole, there's still room for bs'ery. Not to mention the various headcanons that these guys would often hold as absolute. For some reason.

They don't they just say they think that's all. Like I remember there were some people who once said Gatanothor would beat all the other Heisei bosses except Dark Zagi and Alien Empera without giving a reason other than because the other bosses look weak in comparison to Gatanothor stomping Tiga. Oh and no they definitely do think their opinion is a universal stuff. Some of the more logical members even make memes about those people saying their word > Tsuburaya's words.

Honestly have no clue. I just know that some people absolutely hate Zero with a passion while loving the New Generation Ultras. While some absolutely hate the New Generation Ultras and love the Showa Ultras. Each group kinda varies. One of the groups founder is really famous among the ultra series vs community for using his headcanons to say stuff like Legend > everybody in the series and for hating on Noa and constantly downplaying him. Heck one time this guy literally went onto the most famous vs battles group on Tieba and said Legend > The One Above All. You know the supreme god of Marvel Comics.

Last edited:
Wow, absolutely disappointing.

I'm really confused as to why people would start hating on certain Ultras, it simply makes no sense. It's been the norm since genesis that it will always be ever changing on which Ultras are the main ones. Even the hate on Zero has 0 merits, because he's literally meant to be the generational bridge between fans so that throws out any notion he's overused and appears too often because he at least was written with into the story with clear intentions.

Same.

Exactly. Like Zero is supposed to be the bridge between Heisei and New Generation. And New Generation is like the name suggest a new generation of Ultras. No clue why people hate them so much.

Probably:

Zero: Appeared too much, got so much love and power up, took the major spotlight

New gen Ultras: Too gimmicky, too much toys, using past ultras power not by themselves

And a lot of those circles back to what we've already deduced. Honestly, it feels lik enot a single one of these folks who complain understand just how good we've been having it.

I mean come on, just the fact Ultraman is even continuing on still is like a thousand blessings for me. Not only that, but we are in a stage where Ultraman is finally regaining their foothold in the Toku world. Heck, we even saw the start and end of a mini era, that being the New Gen Heroes'. And now? We've seen what Ultraman can potentially become in the Reiwa Era. Think about it, while Super Sentai is on a ledge, Kamen Rider still doing much of the same, Ultraman gained international influence, more than it had before, and has been expanding their materials since.

But uh, I've ranted enough about all that so I'll leave it there.

So, say the revisions about the resistances go through, who do you guys think would have the most resistances after that?

Z has impressive ones, but really only in DRC. So that leaves us with Zero and Dyna.

If I had to guess. Most resistance would probably go to one of the Showa Ultras. Like back than they just gave the Ultra Brothers a bunch of random resistance and abilities.

I might just be remembering badly, but what other ridiculous resistances did the Showa Ultras have? I know Seven, Leo and 80 had resistance to mind attacks, plus one on possession for 80. Ultraman could resist RW and Space Manip, or minor since he had to fight back against it.

Dyna has like resistance to Plot and Fate Manip, plus RW thanks to Bundar's episode. One to Fear Manip because of Mozui.

Wait Dyna has all that? Wow I honestly never knew. I thought Showa Ultras would have the most since they had a lot of monsters with weird abilities back than. Like Ace literally time traveled in one of his episodes out of no where.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. The playwright in that episode wanted to write the destruction of humanity, bit no matter how he wrote it, he'd always end up with a story that features Dyna arriving and winning. He even attempts to keep him restrained and trapped in a subspace I think, and Dyna arrives all the same. Though it might alternatively mean Dyna himself has those powers. As for Mozui, I think it was pretty much the same in that he shakes himself free from it.

RoU and Ace are really the only ones I still need to catch up when it comes to the Showa era so who knows, maybe those two will have a more expansive list of resistances.

Edit: Just rewatched the episode again. It was, trippier and more foreboding than I remembered, don't know if that's good or bad. But so, from what re-gathered, the playwright had all intention to write a complete destruction of humanity and so warps the world as per his script, RW and Plot Manip, but no matter what, Dyna appears anyway. Even after sealing the ending, and trapping Asuka in a subspace where his existence as Dyna is merely a dream, his story fails. Fate Manip might not go through, but I think that's still a lot.

Last edited:
Also I kinda forgot to post the profiles that were already done on my sandbox so I guess I'll post them now and start working on Gomora and Zetton after I update the scaling blog a bit with the new information on Tartarus from the interview.

Edit: Also after I’m done with those profiles I’m probably gonna take a break from the Ultra Series discussions until any new info comes out. Been watching and reading Bungou Stray Dogs and I really liked it. Then I saw how big of a mess the current profiles of it on the site are so I think I’m gonna try and fix up the verse in the meantime before Ultraman Trigger or the Super Complete Works comes out.

Last edited:
Can I just say I honestly feel bad or Tsuburaya? Like they literally just got over the whole Chaiyo Production lawsuit thing and now there's the huge problem with Tsuruno that is now pretty much an international news.

For anybody who doesn't know what I'm talking about its the whole Tsuruno (Dyna's human actor) got cancelled because of something that happened in 2020 about Hong Kong and now China hates him. And due to this all clips with him on the scene were removed from the Z Chronicles. This cause a huge outrage recently where Tsuruno removed Ultraman from his twitter and also unfollowed Tsuburaya. So yeah really worried about what the state of Tsuburaya will be after this mess is over. Right now if they still try to please the Chinese fans by like removing scenes about Tsuruno they will pretty much be angering all the fans around the world outside of China. But if they don't they will anger all the Chinese fans and probably cause the Ultra Series to get cancelled in China. Which is where like majority of their income comes from. But right now it seems like a lot of people worldwide are mad at Tsuburaya right now.

Like seriously Tsuburaya just can't catch a break. They just started to regain popularity and stuff thanks to Ultraman Z and now this happens. Right now I just really hope this doesn't affect the future series negatively.

Last edited:
Never thought of it that way. Because I try not to not to think of it that way. But yeah, all of these is absolutely nonsensical, I don't get why that is such a touchy subject. I mean I get why, but I don't get why.

Honestly its just China making a big deal out of everything which causes everybody else to get dragged into it. Like China literally cancelled Boku no Hero Academia over a name that had something to do with war crimes during WWII. Which is understandable but Korean fans who were literally the ones that brought up this fact in the first place just went okay cool after the apology came out. But Chinese fans straight up cancelled the series and kept sh*tting on Horikoshi and calling him things like a criminal against humanity and all that even after getting an apology. It's been over a year and some are still doing it. Although at least some fans are tired of this crap and still support it either way.

And then there was the whole fiasco with Hololive being cancelled by China because they pulled up a statistic chart thing that listed most of their viewers were from Taiwan. And that chart listed Taiwan as a country separate from China which pissed people off even though that's whatever site made the chart's fault not Hololive. Not to mention the reason Taiwan was even at the top of the list was because people from China were using VPN that connects them to Taiwan to watch the stream in the first place.

So yeah really worried about Ultra Series getting cancelled over something stupid like this when the time comes for Tsuburaya to choose between bringing back Tsuruno and potentially getting themselves cancelled in China. Which I really hope doesn't happen. Like I do not even want to know the feeling of getting your series cancelled on its 55th anniversary right when it was getting popular again.

Last edited:
Ah jeez, never heard the one on MHA before. What's that name, even? And then the Hololive one, that I've heard of, but looks to me they've somewhat recovered from that.

Yeah, hopefully they can come to an agreement about this. Last thing I'd want is for TsuPro to get thrown backwards again.

China is like that one country where they will support you no matter what controversy you have caused as long as it doesn't involve China. But if you do something that angers China no matter how minor that thing is they will cancel you. This was basically what happened with Tsuruno.

Going to visit a place with people that China hate? Nah it's fine who cares. I've got your back.

Being a right wing in the politics thing? Ehh could be worse. I've still got your back.

Supposedly being part of a cult? It's bad but he could be framed. Don't worry I've got your back.

Almost insulting people once in a while? It's not that bad. Ignore them I've got your back.

Support Hong Kong gaining independence from China? Cancel this guy right now and dig up all the things he has done in the past that are even remotely bad and share it among the Chinese community so more people start to hate him.

But yeah I absolutely hate the thought process of the people in China. And I guess I should probably stop ranting about this. It feels like I'm ruining the mood on the thread.

Anyways I heard some people say that the Ultraman Z leak last year actually came out early. Normally it actually comes out in April not March. So real leaks for Ultraman Trigger probably won't be coming out this month.

Last edited:
Using real world terms as a way to reflect the evil of a character is perfectly fine, but of course, as long as it doesn't circle back to being related to them I guess.

Well, it's fine to talk about this, for me personally. It's mostly just us here anyway and if it gets things out your systems then everything is fine.

Yeah true that.

Anyways I hope none of the future series or other stuff like the Super Complete Works get delayed due to this controversy going on right now.

Ah crap, but it was kinda expected.

With the name Trigger, I'd be surprised if he didn't have any weapon at all. But you kbow, I just remembered, back in 2018 when we were waiting out for news on R/B, I actually proposed the idea of an Ultra with varying weapons carrying different effects. If Trigger is anything like that, it'd be swell.

Back