• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Yeah fingers crossed here.

Also I’m kinda hoping some info from the Z Super Complete Works gets leaked early. But I honestly doubt that is gonna happen any time soon. I hope the SCW doesn't say all the monsters and aliens Tartarus grabbed were as strong as the one that first appeared. Cause if that does happen we’re either gonna have to reevaluate the entire scaling for the series or call half of the events of UGF2 an outlier. Outlier is probably the case if this does happen but it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth calling half of an entire series an outlier.

Last edited:
SCW's definitely gonna wait. But I don't think Tartarus' pawns are gonna be as they were originally. Hopefully it's revealed that pretty much everyone had a portion of his power as well, even if a little. However, I don't think ones like Hellberus and Maga-Orochi is gonna be that much of an outlier. It's quite likely even before Crisis Impact, the M78 veterans were meant to be around that power level. Still, it will be a case-by-case situation, which we were kinda already doing.

Revealing that the monsters possess a portion of Tartarus’ power would make it even worse since the Leugocyte Extermination Squad which consists of Pre-Crisis Impact Era 3-As who are at most a couple times baseline were fighting and surviving attacks from Leugocyte a Post-Crisis Impact Era boss who is literally thousands of times baseline. The Max Rescue Team also fought an amped Maga Orochi who is a couple hundred times baseline 3-A. And Showa Era Taro a 4-B managed to defeat Night Fang a 3-A that is thousands of times baseline based on scaling.

Only Juda and Mold fighting the Reiwa Era Ultra Brothers would be more consistent if they possessed a portion of Tartarus’ power as the original ones from the Showa Era are only baseline 3-A.

Okay I didn't think that through. But I still do mean Juda and Mold being slightly amped.

Wait, no. I meant the ones that we saw in Narak. The examples of Hellberus and Maga-Orochi were separate from the amped up argument.

Yeah you’re kinda confusing me now. But yeah anyway to sum it up what I’m saying is Juda and Mold getting amped by Tartarus would make things more consistent as they are weaker characters from the past fighting stronger Ultras from the present.

But the monsters on the other hand is from the future fighting Ultras from the past whom are far weaker than they are in the present. So amping them even further would be even more inconsistent. So it would probably be better if the SCW said the monsters in UGF2 aren’t the same ones we know. Although I’m not sure how that excuse works for Leugocyte and Maga Orochi as they seem to be closer to a one of a kind deal.

Yes, I made a mistake there in not clarifying that I meant only the likes of Mold and Juda to be empowered while the monsters remain mostly untouched. In any case, I also agree about some of them being different, particularly Night Fang, as well as the fact that Leugocyte and Maga-Orochi being special existences.

Also speaking of Maga Orochi this brings up another problem. So in the past it was Zoffy who sealed Maga Orochi. And according to Max in Ultra Galaxy Fight 2, Zoffy had already sealed Maga Orochi at the time of Part 1 which is before the events of Origin Saga which is like the very beginning of the Pre-Crisis Impact Era. So that means early Pre-Crisis Impact Era Zoffy sealed a monster that is hundreds of times baseline 3-A, despite the fact that Taro the strongest Ultra Brother at the time was just over 3x baseline 3-A.

So yeah UGF2 really f*cked up the scaling with the first two parts.

I haven't been keeping up with the 3-A scaling for a while, but why is Taro only around that level just before Crisis Impact?

Early Pre-Crisis Impact Era Taro (Basically Taro around the time of Ultraman Ginga) is comparable to an amped Dark Lugiel who is stronger than Dark Zagi who stomped Jean-Nine who is stronger than Kaiser Belial who is stronger than Base Zero who is stronger than Base Belial who can withstand and deflect the combo beam of Jack, Ace, and 80. And the three of them were just slightly above baseline via scaling.

The main problem is that Part 1 of UGF2 is takes place way too early in the Pre-Crisis Impact Era. We are shown that the War Deity is Izana and not Amate and the Tree of Life still exists on the planet. Which means it’s even earlier than Origin Saga. If it was a bit later like sometime during Ultraman Orb things would’ve been more consistent since by Ultraman Orb the Ultra Brothers are hundreds of times baseline due to Seven being shown to be comparable to Orb Trinity.

Well, moving on from 3-A, I realized something for when we finally bring in Tier 2.

How do we treat his battle with Ultimate Zero? Extra materials said they were both exhausted, but it never seemed to contradict the fact that Zero fought him with the Aegis still.

Does this mean the bomb had a higher AP than the widely initially thought baseline, or do those two simply upscale, like they already were, but to a higher level? This might also affect the other potential Low 2-C candidates if we're also touching that now. Looking again, this sounds a bit ridiculous, but I don't know how to better word it.

Last edited:
Here is a recreation of some of my reactions:

Sees the trailer: WHAT YHE F--
Somewhere in the middle, I literally jumped around. I'm sorry I overreacted even though I'm merely relaying the info on such. Lemme just gathet my thoughts.

Okay yeah, thoughts reassembled. So, of course Trigger has a gun, but for some reason I never expected that it'd morph into a Spark Lens lookalike. Also, flashdrives are not the joke, it'd be magazines. Trigger is packing heat.

I also joked once that it'd be funny if Circle Arms were to be the designation of one of his gimmicks. We know where that went. The form changes also gave me another one of my wish, that being Trigger would have unique crests. Half granted but I'll take that anytime.

On another note, see? Three dark giants! I'm happy and relieved because having humanoid antagonists again would be swell. And with three of them, the story should be more packed, and of course, more powers and abilities for us to look forward to. More haxxes is what I'm hoping for.

Now, I'm aware there's a whole lot more, but I hope you guys caught them because it's usually hard for me to focus on those when the trailer just dropped.

Actually you know what? I think most of all, we should hope for Kengo to at least set his own bar as a protagonist.

Edit: From the looks of it, Trigger is literally just Tiga.

Last edited:
Okay now I’m really worried about Trigger’s reception. They are literally straight up calling Trigger New Generation Tiga and his forms are literally called the same thing as Tiga. Also wait they are still continuing with New Generation? I thought they would rename it something else since Taguchi said he had the mind to end New Generation with Z?

Also I read some other stuff and it seems like this is gonna be a parallel version of the Neo Frontier Space not a sequel.

Last edited:
Yeah, seems like it'll be a sort of alternate take on Tiga or something. It's weird, now that you've brought it up, so I'm really hoping New Generation in the title is just an aesthetic meant to invoke what it represents instead of what it actually is.

Well, moving on from 3-A, I realized something for when we finally bring in Tier 2.

How do we treat his battle with Ultimate Zero? Extra materials said they were both exhausted, but it never seemed to contradict the fact that Zero fought him with the Aegis still.

Does this mean the bomb had a higher AP than the widely initially thought baseline, or do those two simply upscale, like they already were, but to a higher level? This might also affect the other potential Low 2-C candidates if we're also touching that now. Looking again, this sounds a bit ridiculous, but I don't know how to better word it.
Also about this. We are assuming Belial and Ultimate Zero to be roughly baseline Low 2-C so they could be higher or lower who knows. Main problem is that Belial nearly died to the bomb which is why we can’t directly scale him to the bomb even if he was weakened and exhausted before tanking it.

Huh, that's weird. It always seemed like Belial was still at a level where he can fight, just that at his level, Zero can take care of him hence why he needed the capsules, to bring him back to a level where he can replicate the power of the STA Bomb. But if it actually said he nearly died, then I guess baseline seems reasonable.

Oh wait my mistake said the wrong thing. I meant that based on what we’ve seen in Ultraman Geed, Belial was weakened quite badly after tanking the bomb not that he nearly died. Although I think it was said at some point during Ultraman Geed that it took Belial a while to recover strength. Though I could be remembering things wrong.

Best I can remember about Belial's power status seemed to be episode 11 where Kei said acquiring all of Riku's capsuled may not restore him to his full strength, but it will allow him to move to a new base of operations.

Also holy crap Ultraman Trigger was trending on Twitter. I honestly didn’t expect Ultraman to trend in the US Twitter.

Last edited:
But yeah a lot riding on Trigger right now. If Trigger is a success than there’s a chance we might get the old Tsuburaya back which possibly means more episodes in future series. Currently there’s a lot of hype riding on Trigger. If it fails well Tsuburaya’s reputation might be going down again after Z has brought it back up.

Edit: In China for example the hype is way through the roof. Z’s PV from last year only had 200k views upon release. But Trigger has 4.2M views six hours after its release. That’s 21x Z’s PV view count.

And the official JP Ultraman site was crashing apparently.

Last edited:
Z was like a serious adrenaline rush from TsuPro. Hopefully it simply means that they just can't create a show of that exceedingly superior quality again because like said, a lot lies on Trigger now to continue the success. Also, news of the JP sites crashing was pretty hilarious when I heard about it.

If Trigger is a success, and TsuPro's returns end up allowing them to do as they used to, I hope they don't. At least not yet. At minimum, the episode count shouldn't double just yet, and I know they also know that it's a dangerous gamble to do that.

How many of you are willing to bet there's a chance we'll see some kind of AP feat in Trigger? I'm hopeful because of the whole darkness thing and because we have a Koichi-directed series, but I also want to be cautious, of course.

Maybe I’m reaching but considering how Tiga‘s series was filled with Cthulhu Mythos stuff and not to mention the power creep in the series these days. I think it’s possible for them introduce some kind of Cthulhu Mythos monster that performs a Low 2-C feat at one point during the series. And if they do do that I’m guessing it will be a monster based off of an Outer God. I would love to see a 2-C feat but I doubt anything will be going higher than Low 2-C anytime soon.

Outer Gods may be too much for a Low 2-C to 2-C feat, but yeah I agree there should be another monster based on them that does it. It's probably going to be a mid-season boss too, like Bullton if you also consider him as setting a new bar in power level.

On the topic of power, we kinda also already got hints of a super potent Sealing by Trigger.

Based from the leak it will be Dagon, but from what i remember in OG Cthulhu mythos, Dagon is kind of inferior, i dunno

Also its said that Koichi Sakamoto will be back for Trigger so expect more epic lunatic insanity fight choreography

Pretty sure they never leak the final boss of a series that early on. So Dagon is more likely to be the midway boss rather than the final boss. And reading his profile from Cthulhu Mythos it doesn’t even sound like Dagon is actually a Great Old One. So yeah mid season boss sounds more reasonable for Dagon than a final boss.

And yeah definitely.

Yeah, that what i mean

Now the only left is who is gonna be the writter? The writter of Tiga and Dyna is busy with Dynazenon right now, dunno for Taguchi

I hope it will be Urobutcher lel

Dagon is apparently still classified as a Great Old One so he may not be all too weak in comparison. But yeah, no telling when he might pop up.

And Sakamoto is a good director, but as Vel said, I'm also curious about the writer. Wonder if Chiaki is busy these days. In any case, hopefully the writer is someone Sakamoto can work with in transferring the ideas over.

Gen's prolly busy ruining the lives of more lil girls and aspiring dancer boys

Last edited:
Oh right, I'm still considering it, but should Fusion Rise users have a weakness to cellular destruction? For some reason, Belial Atrocious had an attack that was specifically meant to do that and I thought it was weird at first. But then I realized that it may have something to do with the fact Ultra Capsules uses DNA information and applies it over the themselves.

Nah we don’t know if that is the case. Cellular destruction should just be something Belial could do in his Atrocious form but it shouldn’t become a weakness for Fusion Rise users without enough proof.

Back