• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Probably a bit unrelated, but it feels like Baraba may have been the closest in power to Destrudos. But yeah, there's also the cases of those two series.

Favorite op?

Showa:
1. Either Leo or 80
2. OG Ultraman
3. Taro
4. Ace
5. Seven

Heisei:
1. Eiyuu (Nexus)
2. Spirit
3. Mebius
4. Take Me Higher
5. Chikai ( MMB:NEO)

New Gen:
1. Ginga no Hasha
2. Orb no Inori
3. Goshouwa Kudasai, Ware no na wo!
4. GEED no Akashi
5. Buddy, Steady, Go!

Honorable mentions:
1. Zero to Infinity
2. Tatakae, Ultraman! (Jack's unused song)
3. Susume, Ultraman Zero

Yeah, I just keep forgetting previous discussions. It's like I always reset when power levels are brought to attention.

Ay bruh, I thought you meant just op.

In that case...

Endings

Showa:
1. 80 (2nd ending)

Heisei:
1. Beat On Dream On
2. Kimi Dake o Mamoritai
3. Kimi ni Dekiru Nanika
4. Kokoro no Kizuna
5. Akaku Atsui Kodou

New Gen:
1. Ginga's ending
2. Promise for the Future
3. Sign
4. Kirameku Mirai Yume no Ginga e
5. Shine your Orb

Others:
1. Unmei no Shizuku (Revenge of Belial ending)
2. Mirai (Mebius and 6 Ultra Brothers)
3. High Hopes (The Final Battle)
4. Victory no Uta
5. Dramatic

Lol thing is after realizing that some of my favorite Ultraman songs were inserts or endings I was like yeah screw this I’m listing them all. Although now that I think about it I haven’t listened to the Heisei endings in quite a while. Might make another list for each era once I listen to them again.

Yeah true. Haven’t watched Kamen Rider or Super Sentai yet, but from what I have seen so far their songs are all really good.

Last edited:
Toku songs aren't exactly underrated, but you wouldn't see it come up alongside more mainstream songs either. But that's why they're special.

But there seems to be something normally overlooked even among Toku fans, it seems. The soundtracks.

I have a particular fondness for the New Gens' since that's where I start to notice the bomb ass tracks that come up at times.

Oh yeah the soundtracks are also really nice. Thing is I really don’t know what the names of the soundtracks are.

My favorite from Showa would probably be this soundtrack from Ultraman. I have absolutely no clue what it’s called though.

Favorite from Heisei would have to be almost every single soundtrack from Tiga. Like for real I know Tiga‘s story probably isn’t the best among the Heisei series as Gaia exists but the soundtracks are all rather iconic to me as I grew up watching Tiga.

And for New Generation. Greeza’s theme hands down. It just sounds so holy and beautiful but at the same time creepy and menacing. Its perfect for Greeza. The only thing that comes close in the New Generation is probably Leugocyte and Galactron’s theme.

Last edited:
The Ultraman battle theme is definitely one of the most iconic. Whether I realize it or not, it would always come up in my head one way or another.

That Greeza one is also amazing. On an off-verse note, X's 21st felt like it could have been an homage to OOO.

Spoilers of course.

With the purple Greeed apparently having existence erasure and void manip, it's almost like Greeza was the Ultra equivalent. Coincidentally, Dr. Maki who is the Greeed's human form also plays the Captain of XiO.

To get back on topic, New Gen's best themes seem to always come from the villains. Juggler, Belial, Leugocyte, Tregear and Celebro.

That's not to say other pieces aren't as notable. I find Fuma's theme to be really good. Orb Origin is also stuck in my head, as is Magnificent's.

Oh, two especially good tracks from the Heisei era would be one from Gaia and one from Dyna. Their translated titles would be "Lake of Sadness" and "Encounter".

Huh that’s cool.

Yeah I agree here the villain soundtracks are all really good. It actually seems to be a running thing in even anime where the villains have amazing themes.

Yeah Fuma’s theme is easily one of the best for the Ultras in the entire series. I dunno how to explain it but it has a really Japanese esque feel to it and I find that cool. Also Gai’s orbnica song is also really good.

Well I were to choose my favorite from Heisei I’d say my favorite soundtrack is To the Distant Call.

Damn villains.

Orbnica too, really stuck to me fast when I first heard it.

That's a good track choice, too. Most of the first 3 Heisei themes are really good.

Wise Man's Punch is good, too. Currently second among the Tri-Squad's for me.

For me, mine are:

Showa Openings:
1. Seven
2. Jack
3. Ace
5. Leo
6. Joneus
7. 80

Foreign Ultra Openings:
1. Powered
2. Great

Heisei Openings:
1. Take Me Higher
2. Ēiyu/Aoi Kajitsu
3. Spirits
4. Ultraman Mebius
5. Ultraman Gaia!

New Gen Openings:
1. Goshowa Kudasai Ware no na Wo!
2. Ēiyu no Uta
3. Orb no Inori
4. Hands
5. Buddy Steady Go!
6. Zero to Infinity
7. GEED no Akashi

Endings:
1. Ultraman Gaia ED1 and ED2
2. All of Ultraman Nexus ED
3. Kimi Dake o Mamoritai
4. Promise for the Future
5. Connect the Truth
6. Ultraman Taiga ED2

Ay, hol' up. Can I get a link to the statement about Ultraman moving the constellations? Bouta' update the blog, and I just realized I don't have my source.

Edit: It's updated, but I haven't brought it up to Calculation Evaluations yet.

Last edited:
Huh now that I think about it I don’t think there is any statements saying he moved it or created them.

It’s just that no Ultraman has ever shown to have creation on a stellar level so everybody assumed that Ultraman likely just used telekinesis to move the stars and create constellations.

Oh, nice.

And yeah, March it is. March. What do you think we'll get a leak of first? Usually it's toy catalogues, right?

I wasn‘t really there when the Ultraman Z leaks first came out but I heard some people say we normally get a short summary of what the next series will be about around this time. Although toy catalogues is also a possibility.

Oh yeah, the summaries. And if I'm not wrong, the design teaser should also come around sometime mid to late March.

Hey hey, wait. I finally got around to checking the forum links you posted in Page 1, and what is the one with Zero from? Is that the entire universe being turned into darkness?

Edit: Apparently there was another scan with Ark Bogal saying "If Ark Bogal isn't defeated, the entire universe will be turned into a world of death!". What have I been missing? Isn't that partially canon?

Last edited:
That is not canon. That’s from the Showa song history thing. In that song special where they go through the Ultras history while playing their theme song. In that special King is supposed to be the guardian of time who manages all history from the past to the future. And in that special King removed all the color from the universe because he wanted to give Zero a history lesson.

Those threads just compile all the impressive feats from the ultra series be it magazines, databooks, mangas, comics, games, tv series, or non canon specials and etc. So I’m not exactly sure if the Ark Bogal thing is canon.

But I do know that Ark Bogal being the strongest among the Dark Four Heavenly Kings is a thing. And that he was sealed by Empera in the past due to constantly destroying planets rather than conquering it. Like Ark Bogal itself is canon same with its backstory but I’m not sure which of its appearances in the future is canon.

Last edited:
For a non-canon thing, that sure is impressive. Is there still full footage of it available? And did you past to future? That's a whole timeline he's looking after.

That's a shame. That's a lot of impressive feats even through magazines alone.

Still, I did find a scan that pretty much says Armored Darkness hides, or possesses, a power that can destroy the entire universe. So yeah, 3-A does canonically spread from him. Without having to rely on scaling from Empera, I mean.

I'll probably watch the rest later, but it's as you said. If only they'd show this in the series proper that'd be really awesome. King just casually resides in a temporal gap while watching over pretty much everything.

Would you say Dark Zagi's precognition is absolute? He predicted a lot of things and planned accordingly to make sure that it all converges to that future he wanted. If we do consider it absolute, then Nexus may have either Fate or Causality Manipulation or a resistance to that given that Illustrator himself felt uncertain when Komon finally became Nexus.

Wait it was stated in series that Dark Zagi has precog? I haven’t watched it in a while so I thought it was because he has genius intelligence and just planned everything ahead of time.

Oh right also next episode of Ultraman Chronicle Z is completely about Greeza. So there’s a possibility that this episode will explain whether or not the Xlugger is the Space Needle before the Super Complete Works is released.

Actually, now that I think about it, not him specifically. He did appear to Nagi during her childhood and stated that one day, the light of Nexus will come to her, but most predictions were made by Illustrator who correctly predicted Dark Zagi's revival. Who is also stated numerous times to be able to sense things before they happen like Beast attacks.

Yeah, hopefully we at least get some explanation there.

I'd ask if we can apply a resistance for Nexus since he seems to be capable of overriding the Illustrator's precognition, but I might rewatch Nexus again. Speaking of Nexus still, he might have Quantum Manipulation as well.

I'd ask if we can apply a resistance for Nexus since he seems to be capable of overriding the Illustrator's precognition, but I might rewatch Nexus again. Speaking of Nexus still, he might have Quantum Manipulation as well.
quantum stuff is from the meta field i assume

There's something I've been curious about ever since I caught it in X's movie, but because of Zaigorg's physiology, he might get matter manipulation on a possibly quantum scale as well.

By extension so will RMM Geed, nevermind the problem he had with Starbem Gyeron because that's more of PIS or outlier if anything.

Just finished my test and stuff so I’m back now.

So Meta Field gives Quantum Manipulation. Guess that means X will also get it since the Nexus card allows him to use the Meta Field.

Wait what does Zaigorg and RMM Geed have that would give them those abilities?

Also I should probably get back to working on the profiles again.

Last edited:
Zaigorg's body was said to be composed of Bose-Einstein Condensate. I'm not sure what it is still, but from what I was ablw to find, it's some sort of quantum mechanics. Whether that's what it really meant I can't say. But given that X was able to injure him post-revival and destroy as BetaSpark could probably be something. As with Geed as of episode 18.

Juat gonna ask, who will you be doing sandbox of next? I was thinking of getting back to that as well.

After I update the Ultras I’m probably gonna start working on updating Zetton and Gomora. And oh boy those two are gonna be annoying. And my current idea for Zetton profile is to split Zetton into 4 profiles.

Zetton (Showa, Heisei, Reiwa) and Hyper Zetton. Cause let’s be honest here we all know Zetton and Hyper Zetton are gonna appear in the future again right? So we should probably just split them into the different eras and split Hyper Zetton off from Zetton due to how it has appeared almost as often as the normal Zetton. The Zetton profiles will basically be a compilation of all the Zettons of each era excluding Hyper Zetton.

For Gomora I’m still not sure. But I was thinking of removing the stuff about Rei’s Gomora from the wild Gomora profile. But if Gomora hasn’t really appeared that many times in the series I think I’ll just make one profile instead.

Last edited:
Ah, right. I also noticed a couple of things.

I've been wondering what Beliarok can do normally most of the time, and I'm sure he does natural dura neg damage, but I couldn't exactly tell what. Seems like Void Manip it is for obvious reasons. This already makes him ridiculously overpowered even by Ultraman standards.

Now another question would be whether the attacks done by the Deathcium Slash could also apply. Like his dimensional tearing type. From what we see, D.Slash seems to only amplify the attacks given how normal attacks injures Greeza whereas the technique finishes him off. I was wondering if we should also consider space-time based damage for his normal attacks as well.

Oh and Ruebe might have some form of Probability Manipulation since the future Mio saw changed when the fusion occurred. It may likely stem from Asahi, though, but Mio already seemed aware of her by the time she saw that future.

Right, that seems about it for now.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal

Hey, do you think you can translate the Bullton section on here? If possible, Greeza's section as well.

After thinking about it for a bit, I think the info given to us through Bullton seems to affirm that a universe in Ultraman is a 4-Dimensional space. Bullton is said to sustain the universe by containing and redirecting anomalies and irrationalities that happens throughout the universe, and is known to cause 4-Dimensional Phenomena. What's a 4D Phenomena? Redirections of anomalous spatio-temporal events like infinite loops of it, and more, from all over the universe. Aside from that, Bullton's power could also affect the timeline, as seen when Haruki attempts to exploit its powers which transports him back in time, which affected history as we knew it. Despite this, timelines are never mentioned as being special in comparison to the universe, indicating that it is already encompassed within one. When you look at the implication here, and the fact that a universe takes the form of a giant bubble, which has been reaffirmed as being the true form of a universe thanks to Chronicle Z, we could be seeing confirmation that universes are truly 4-D constructs in the setting of this series.

I wrote all of this because I don't want to lose any momentum I had with this line of thought should I come back to it. But what do you think?

Last edited:
Back