• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

I mean continuity wise Part 3 of UGF2 does indeed take place before Ultraman Z. But yeah I don’t think there are any confirmation of Tartarus doing anything in Ultraman Z.

Yeah the series is kinda missing an overarching villain since the Belial and Tregear died. And to be honest they aren’t really that good of a overarching villain. Belial rarely appears and Tregear only caused trouble in the background (Something that was only mentioned in the Taiga novel). So it would be nice to see them appearing every once in a while causing trouble before finally being taken down years later in some new series.

Yeah that’s pretty much what I thought as well. Like there’s no way Tsuburaya just coincidentally decided to base Chronicle Z on the Heisei Trio (Technically Quartet because Agul is a thing).

Last edited:
Personally I liked the two Dark Ultras, but more leaning towards Belial and even then, their impact has been dwindling as of late. Especially Tregear who somehow had all the flak at some point.

Exactly, and it's anxiety inducing how little info we get these days. Hoping Z comes back in some way since he doesn't have a film.

You know, that's probably it. Films are usually conclusions to the titular Ultras' personal stories, and that's why Z doesn't have one yet. His finale does indicate something similar as well.

Okay this is rather interesting.
So a Japanese Ultra Series fan posted this book with some interview and information about Ultraman Tiga. Apparently, Ultraman Tiga was originally supposed to just be a half year (24-26 episode) series not a full year (52 episode) series. But due to its popularity it was increased to a full year (52 episode) series.

This kinda implies that many of the Heisei series were planned to be half year series but due to their respective popularity they all became full year series. Which means there's a chance that in the future if the next Ultraman series is really popular there's a possibility that the episode count could be increased.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness. If that's true, then that actually explains why some of the episodes could feel disjointed from the grand scene. But at the same time, the notion of popularity possibly boosting Trigger's count could have been what the joke discussion last year could have settled on.

Yeah in that thread they also posted stuff about Ultraman Dyna and Ultraman Gaia being increased to a full year series just like Ultraman Tiga. So yeah honestly this goes to show how Ultraman Nexus got the short end of the stick. The other Heisei series were either all half year increased to full year or straight up full year series. But Ultraman Nexus on the other hand, was originally supposed to be a full year series but due to some problems with Tsuburaya during the year it was airing, a quarter of the episodes were cut and the final arc with Komon was completely scrapped.

But yeah I'm honestly hoping that Ultraman Trigger will get more episodes after Ultraman Z's success. Like I'm fine with not getting 52 episodes. But it's possible to get like 36-39 episodes right?

Last edited:
Nexus was severely short-ended, especially considering Cosmos which came before it who's got like 65, plus 3 movies in total, though I'm not sure if movies could be example in this case, but still.

Oh yeah, just a bump up by 5-10 is honestly more than enough for me.

Oh right also it seems like Shining was already retconned to no longer be Zero merging with the Ultimate Aegis ever since the Zero 10th anniversary story with the Waterfall of Time. Shining is now considered the awakening of Zero's true power via the Ultimate Aegis similar to how Father of Ultra awakened his true power (The big horns) with the Ultimate Blade. After awakening it the first time and going to the waterfall of time, Zero no longer needs the Ultimate Aegis to activate it anymore. Kinda like how Father of Ultra learned how to activate his true power mode permanently after experiencing it once thanks to the Ultimate Blade. But yeah still kinda surprised with Zero just stacking the two forms together.

Last edited:
Now this is the kinda retcon that makes things better. If nothing else, this loosens up the criteria for him going Shining, which is pretty swell. I wonder if we'll ever get clarification on how powerful Empera was so we can properly gauge Father of Ultra without relying on the more recent feats.

The only thing we know so far is that Alien Empera from the Great Ultra War is considered stronger than Juda due to the repeated strongest enemy in Ultra history statement.

And the fact that Alien Empera in Ultraman Mebius is even stronger than he was back during the Great Ultra War.

Although considering how much the directors love Alien Empera, I wouldn't even be surprised if they brought him back and retconned his strength to be way stronger than before. Which kinda already seems to be the case with the Alien Empera = Juda Spectre statement. And Belial using the Alien Empera capsule to fuse into Belial Atrocious even though the Zaigorg capsule exist.

Last edited:
I might need to read up again but oh, stronger than Juda? And even stronger at the time of Mebius?

That would have been much cooler had we gotten more visual feats.

I know I forgot to bring up the Alien Empera is stronger in Mebius statement but uhh I thought you already knew about Alien Empera being stronger than Juda since I already posted this?

Last edited:
I must have misremembered because I was sure that the comparison meant that they were either equals or just roughly comparable.

Ahh I see. But yeah since they said Alien Empera was the strongest enemy in ultra history (which also includes Juda) many times. This means that no matter what Alien Empera should at least be on Juda's lvl if not higher. And Heisei Era Alien Empera is even stronger than Great Ultra War Era Alien Empera.

This is also pretty much why I really hate when people say things like Father of Ultra and Alien Empera were stronger in their "Prime" during the war even though its clearly stated that they all got stronger as time goes on.

Last edited:
Honestly I was supremely confused as to what all this would mean going forward, but at the same time, it kinda justifies a whole lot of things like FoU holding off Belial, Etelgar fighting off Nexus somehow and again with FoU restraining Belial Atrocious. Now, I'm kinda terrified at not having known this before.

Was it specified which exactly is Leugocyte's true form? The gas or monster? If the former, then NPI should go to Ruebe, and the extermination team.

Ah right, Leugocyte didn't really have that form until it used Saki's Gyro on itself. Then I guess at least Rosso and Blu would have it.

I mean in UGF2 Episode 2, 80, Seven 21, and Neos also hit Leugocyte in its gas form. And I heard some people say that Leugocyte also has a liquid form but we just never saw it use that form in series. But I'm honestly not sure if people made that up or not as I haven't seen any statements about leugocyte having a liquid form.

Last edited:
Oh well I'll give that a quick look, but that's neat. It should especially be easy for 80, who has outright soul distortion so a lesser form of non corporeality should be no work.

Edit: Yep, NPI is a go for those three.

And no, I don't think Leugocyte has or was evem mentioned to have a liquid form.

Yeah the liquid form thing probably just a baseless rumor that people made up since Leugocyte has a gas form as well as a solid monster form.

Oh right btw do you think Ultimate Shining Zero will lose his debut fight against Tartarus? Cause he said the words let's finish this which is like a huge flag. Some guy in the Chinese forum compiled a small list of characters who said let's finish this which ended with all of them losing lol.

Last edited:
Either way, it'd still give NPI, just to a comparatively lesser level with liquid form.

Also, I'm not sure if it's coincidental, but 80 used the same beam he used for soul destruction on Gymaira. That's probably one proof Reibatos' ghost needs soul damage in order to beat. Probably.

Huh cool. I thought 80 just used a normal beam there. Wait but how would 80 know that was a ghost revived by Reibatos? He didn't even see him appear?

Oh that's easy. He probably didn't know, until he fought him. Maybe. But who knows, he may have sensed his energy at least, and the same lack of life which Orb and Zero demonstrated before. They were probably hinging on the fact that Reibatos' abilities was solidly established enough.

So I decided to take a look at the scaling for Ultraman Nexus since I wanted to see roughly how strong Izmael was since it has the combined power of all Space Beasts and wow. Nexus had to open the Meta Field almost every time to take down the Space Beasts. And because of the Dark Field which halves Nexus’ power there‘s like lot more lvls of 4-B than there should be in that series,

Also the Meta Field multiplier is about the same as the Junis Blue multiplier. Cause Junis Blue is capable of defeating Galberos without using the Meta Field while Junis Nexus needs the Meta Field to defeat Galberos. So yeah I know I agreed with using both the 2x and the 3x end of the Meta Field multiplier. But honestly I’d prefer if we decided on just one end now that I realized just how often the Meta Field is used and how Junis Blue apparently has roughly the same multiplier as the Meta Field. Cause it feels real weird for almost every single character in Nexus to have like two different 4-B ends of power.

Plus Dark Faust is really weak. Like Faust needed the Dark Field which doubles or triples her power to match Junis Nexus whose power is halved within the Dark Field.

I don't mind with just one multiplier being used. Though I don't think we should include a weakened by Dark Field key, if that's one of the proposal.

And I think it was pretty telling about Dark Faust's power when she first debuted. If I recall correctly, wasn't she somewhat affected by Himeya's blaster?

So which multiplier do you think works better for the dimensional fields? The 2x or the 3x statement? I’m leaning towards the 2x right now as the half as strong statement also came from the 2x statement. And actually my proposal for Nexus would probably be something like this

Tiers: 4-B (Stronger than Luna Mode Cosmos), higher with Junis (Several times stronger than Anphans Form), and Junis Blue (Comparable to Junis Form within the Meta Field. Can defeat Galberos without the Meta Field), far higher with Over Arrow-Ray Schtrom (One shot Izmael) | 4-B (Twice or thrice as strong as before), higher with Junis (Several times stronger than Anphans Form), and Junis Blue (Twice or thrice as strong as Junis Form), far higher with Over Arrow-Ray Schtrom (Twice or thrice as strong as before) | 3-A (Comparable to Tiga, Dyna, Gaia who could keep up with Eteldummy Five King in their base forms. Comparable to Base X during the events of Ultraman X), higher with Junis (Several times stronger than Anphans Form. Fought Tsurugi Demaaga in Ultraman X) | 3-A (Twice or thrice as strong as normal), higher (Several times stronger than Anphans Form. Defeated Bugbuzun amped by Greeza Dark Thunder alongside X)

Keys: Without Meta Field (Heisei Era) | With Meta Field (Heisei Era) | Without Meta Field (Pre-Crisis Impact Era) | With Meta Field (Pre-Crisis Impact Era)

Only Dark Faust, Dark Mephisto, Dark Mephisto (Zwei), and Dark Zagi has the Dark Field. So this would be my proposal. We could just mention the Dark Field stuff on the monsters and Dark Ultras profiles respectively.

Yeah I just haven’t watched Nexus in a long time so I completely forgot about these stuff.

Last edited:
Huh so this image was apparently just released on the official Tsuburaya jp site a few hours ago and everybody is going crazy over it. The person who posted it said its without a doubt official as this is an image taken directly from the Japanese Tsuburaya site (Which is true as this image says m-78.jp) and it also has the Tsuburaya watermark at the bottom right. Also its posted on reddit as well.
kingdom-ill.png

Last edited:
So yeah I’m guessing Tartarus will survive his encounter with Zero in UGF2 and probably be a returning antagonist. And also imagine the power creep if it turns out that the other three are comparable if not stronger than Tartarus who Reiwa Era Zero needed to use his strongest form to fight.

Cause right now I don’t even think Tartarus will be defeated by Zero who is like the strongest Ultra next to King, Noa, Legend, and etc. So I really don’t see how anybody else will be able to do anything if Zero can’t win. So I’m really wondering how they will even be fighting them if they do turn out to be returning antagonist.

Last edited:
Also I found some unconfirmed information about the Absolutians.

The purpose of the Absolutian race is to gather people and objects from parallel dimensions to expand their race, but their race is scarce, and many of them have turned into the dust of the universe because they failed to escape their fate.

Also some people are theorizing that the other Absolutians name will be based off the other Greek Primordial Deities like Chaos, Gaia, and Eros. Which might be the case as Tartarus was also the name of one of the Primordials in Greek Mythology.

And another theory going around is that the Absolutians are parallel versions of the Land of Light.

Oh right also the official Tsuburaya twitter is tweeting about Mebius and Hikari today. So many people now believe there’s a chance Phoenix Brave Mebius will return in the final episode of UGF2.

Last edited:
So yeah I’m guessing Tartarus will survive his encounter with Zero in UGF2 and probably be a returning antagonist. And also imagine the power creep if it turns out that the other three are comparable if not stronger than Tartarus who Reiwa Era Zero needed to use his strongest form to fight.

Cause right now I don’t even think Tartarus will be defeated by Zero who is like the strongest Ultra next to King, Noa, Legend, and etc. So I really don’t see how anybody else will be able to do anything if Zero can’t win. So I’m really wondering how they will even be fighting them if they do turn out to be returning antagonist.
I mean in eps 3, King seems knew what is going on right now so maybe he will fight Tartarus? I dunno

Final episode of UGF: TAC will be aired in 2 days left so i can't wait

I mean anybody other than the god tiers. Cause it’s not like the god tiers will come out and clean every mess in the series. Though I also believe that King will probably appear in the last episode. But yeah I’m not sure what the others could do if Zero loses or ties with Tartarus and the other Absolutians turn out to be on par with or stronger than Tartarus. Cause the gap in power between them and Base Zero alone is humongous and the difference is even greater when you factor in his different forms.

Last edited:
Considering if the name of Absolutians are based from primordials greek deities, that mean Chaos will be the strongest of all

As for Mebius and Hikari man, i rather see Mebius Infinity but i guess its fine to bring Phoenix Brave lel

Also the teaser of Shin Ultraman just dropped not long ago

True I’d rather see Mebius Infinity who only appeared once over Phoenix Brave Mebius who appeared twice. But honestly it’s better to have one than to have none right?

Yeah I saw the trailer. Definitely looks much cleaner than the original Ultraman but it seems like there are some people saying the CG isn’t that good because Godzilla vs King Kong‘s trailer was also released recently.

Also Shin Ultraman is somewhat trending... Because Shin Godzilla is trending. And people are comparing it to Shin Godzilla with some people even hating on Shin Ultraman... God dang it. Like do they not know they are different series’s and this is just an incomplete teaser trailer?

Last edited:
True I’d rather see Mebius Infinity who only appeared once over Phoenix Brave Mebius who appeared twice. But honestly it’s better to have one than to have none right?

Yeah I saw the trailer. Definitely looks much cleaner than the original Ultraman but it seems like there are some people saying the CG isn’t that good because Godzilla vs King Kong‘s trailer was also released recently.
Well, Japanese CGI and America CGI are so different so why comparing it lel

Zero is such a tsundere like I’m not even joking. In the Ultraman Z voice drama, Zero said he only recommended Z to go be Hikari’s test subject for the Z Riser. But in reality it turns out that it was Zero who asked Hikari for a favor and make the Z Riser for Z. He kept saying he hasn't taken Z in as his pupil but he was already helping out Z even before officially accepting him.

Also here’s the preview for the final episode of UGF2.

So yeah Photon Earth Taiga overpowering Zett is definitely an outlier like 80 overpowering Leugocyte as right now Zett is facing Tri-Strium Taiga. Although honestly it’s probably more likely that they were holding back. And it seems like Tartarus will match Ultimate Shining Zero like we all expected. Also Belial and Tregear is appearing and Z is doing the Zestium Beam.

Last edited:
The two of them are probably gonna be kept as returning villains so they could keep making excuses to bring back monsters. Btw what happened to Mr.Cutlery? Haven’t seen him in quite a long time.

Last edited:
Back