• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

I think the closest thing to a Michael Bay level vid would probably be this. Ultraman never really makes some crazy things like the Michael Bay stuff. Like the effects are good but I don’t think it’s on the lvl of the craziest Michael Bay stuff.

The One vs The Next

Movie is simply called ULTRAMAN. It’s a prequel to Ultraman Nexus.

Last edited:
If you want to see a fight with nice choreography and stuff than there’s this

Ultra Brothers vs Gua Siblings

If you want some nice camera angles there is this one

Z, Geed, Zero vs Belial Fusion Monsters

There’s also this fight which is often considered to be one of the best in the series. Though I couldn’t find any high quality ones on YouTube so I decided to just get a video from Bilibili.

Ginga vs Dark Zagi

Also if you want explosions with some nice effects there’s this thing who also has a really nice personal theme. Personally Greeza is probably my favorite monster in the entire series. It’s just so cool.

Greeza appears in Ultraman Z

Greeza theme

Greeza vs Z, Geed, Juggler

Oh right also if you want to see humans working together with the Ultras there’s this

X, Ultraman, Tiga, and Xio vs Zaigorg, Golza, Antlar

If you want to see an Ultra go berserk and brutalize a robot there‘s this

Thunder Breastar Orb vs Galactron

Last edited:
That’s what it started out as yes. But every series also has a main story of its own with quite a few episodic episodes in between that expands upon the characters. The kaiju fights normally happens at the end of the episode.

I've practically finished things about Inner Lightsc draft, but I believe it should cover how both light and darkness operate in this verse. I might post the draft sometime soon, hopefully, so yeah.

If this gets accepted, we'll be getting free passes to resistance towards mind and soul manip. A pretty high level of it, too.

@Mr.Cutlery Yeah sorry been looking around for information in the Chinese forums and it doesn't seem like anybody has posted any databook stuff on the Ultra's biology let alone their inner light. So you're probably just gonna have to get screenshots from the series instead.

Well, good thing I've already prepared for that outcome. I'll continue the rest of the draft tomorrow, and the pictures some other time.

Edit: Also, shouldn't Greeza have 1 km range via absorption? That's what was stated in Episode 21 of X.

Last edited:
Honestly the range of the Ultras are also one of the thing that is messed up pretty badly. Cause I'm pretty sure their range is way more than just tens or hundreds of meters. If you know the correct ranges than feel free to list them here.

Also should we split Zero into Before Crisis and After Crisis or should we split Zero into Heisei and Reiwa? Cause if we do Before Crisis and After Crisis the second profile would be too cluttered in the future. So I think it's probably better if we split it into Heisei and Reiwa rather than Before Crisis and After Crisis

Last edited:
That's my best approximation of the Ultras' general range. They can and have gone further, but they don't appear often enough to be universally applicable.

Here are some examples of good range by series (New Gen):

Ginga S - Attacks have often been seen to cover or push characters through entire mountain ranges or plains. Easily the most consistently kilometric rangr. Problem is, it's sort of a gimmick of the series anyway and has been confined mostly in it.

X - Episode 8 has X firing from a glyph up in the air, but eyeballing it alone doesn't seem to indicate it going further than a kilometer. Episode 21 has Greeza wiping out the North American XiO fleet over a large part of the ocean. Shockwaves from Exceed X and Greeza later was big enough to cover a large portion of the sky at cloud levels.

Orb - Episode 1 and 25 have those nuclear scale explosion but those are instances of letting loose.

Geed - Another one with good range feats with Geed at times firing Wrecking Rippers from cloud levels, which are typically over 1 km high. Episode 17 also has the absolute best feat where he covered 384,400 km with Wrecking Burst. But again, only really applies to him.

R/B - Episode 2, cloud level feat again. Another possible one in Episode 5.

Taiga - I honestly don't remember.

I guess if we're talking about pre New Gen, there's Zero in his second film where throws his Ultra Lance to a large group of Legionoids, easily numbering in the dozens and spaced about as much as their heights. Simple maths says that's well into a kilometer in distance. Then in Saga, he does it again when he Wide Zero Shotted the entire remaining Legionoid army.

Actually, now that I've shown all of these, their ranged attacks can actually reach well into kilometric distances. So, I guess a few kilometers could work as a mid end for their technique ranges.

Also if I remember correctly didn't the Ultra Brothers shoot beam at the sun from rather far away in Ultraman Mebius? And didn't Jack blow up a planet with the Ultra Brace while flying in space? Also Ultraman did technically move or create constellations. And didn't Ace also send his Ultra Sign from Mars to Earth in Ultraman Taro? I think Tiga also shot his beam at the mechanical island from rather far away in space. So yeah the range of the Ultras beams and stuff should all be in the kilometers at the very least.

Imagine not remembering or not having factored half of those.
Anyway, guess a few kilometers range is a good average.

So I guess just write kilometers with beams? Or does tens of kilometers fit better? Cause I'm honestly not sure how much range any of these are considered.

@Veloxt1r0kore Ah.

@Peter1129 Oh yeah, my main issue with myself is the fact that I read stuff to know things, not watch things. Probably because I get hooked faster to speed read something than binge watch a series.

Probably the case since the last time I watched ANYTHING was One Piece, and that was like years ago since watching a proper series.

This along with Kamen Rider and Symphogear is what I gotta push myself to overcome with.

Ahh I see. I somewhat understand how you feel since these days I also prefer to just reading stuff over watching stuff unless there are people watching with me. But that's only for anime when there is a source material. For Tokusatsu series I just watch the series as it's the original.

Last edited:
So I guess just write kilometers with beams? Or does tens of kilometers fit better? Cause I'm honestly not sure how much range any of these are considered.
Factoring in the feats like the Ultra Brothers and the sun, Tiga with the Mechanical island, and Ginga S' ridiculous knockbacks, a few or several kilometers could work since those should easily cover 3 to over dozens of kilometers. There's also Leo's feat of casually blowing up Black Star which in a random off-site calc assumed to be at least further than the moon.

Alright. Also if nobody minds I'm now contacting Ant so he could change the name of the profiles and verse page.

The Ultra Series should be changed to simply Ultra Series

Ultraman (character) should be changed to Ultraman (Ultra Series)

Juda Spectre should be changed to simply Juda

Mold Spectre should be changed to simply Mold

No objections right?

Edit: Also updating Zero's profile with the techniques is taking longer than I thought. So I can't guarantee that I can release the revised profile today.

Also I decided that I'm just gonna split Zero's profile into Heisei and Reiwa rather than Before Crisis and After Crisis as that way it doesn't look too cluttered in the future.

And I think I'm done with the Zero profile now. Here take a look.

Also currently trying to get this image of Ultimate Shining Zero rendered.

Yeah, that's what I've been suggesting. So yeah. Though mine was to overlap some eras.

The sandbox looks okay, but shouldn't Full Power key be at the end since it's his most powerful state?

I could try rendering, but I'm not savvy with it in the first place. Isn't there an image render thread?

There is one, yeah.

Yeah, that's what I've been suggesting. So yeah. Though mine was to overlap some eras.

The sandbox looks okay, but shouldn't Full Power key be at the end since it's his most powerful state?

I could try rendering, but I'm not savvy with it in the first place. Isn't there an image render thread?
I mean I have seen some profiles that just puts it in the order that they appeared in. So in some profiles Full Power is before Weakened. Although If you think Full Power should be after Weakened than I guess I could change the order.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal Yeah already put in a request about an hour ago. Now we just have to wait.

Oh wait I just realized that I forgot to add the gifs and stuff for Zero's techniques. Yeah give me some time to add them using the ones on the Ultraman wiki.

I have quite an interest for girls in armored by singing and guys (and sometimes gals in one) fighting in armored/masked suits.

I could be getting nostalgic though with the latter two from Power Rangers...and cuz of Wattpad.

I have completed the draft somewhat, I just need to expand a bit more on other instances where a specific visual key appears whenever corruption happens. Also to add images on when the events used happened.

I'm also almost done. Just need to add gifs and images for Beyond and Ultimate Shining and I should be done. Btw should I replace the Tieba links with Imgur links?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Tieba, but yes, use Imgur just in case as I remember it being made a point for linking images.

I remember some people saying they had trouble loading the links on Tieba so yeah I think I'll just replace the Tieba links on the profiles with Imgur links but keep them in my multipliers and scaling blog as I am not going to replace literal hundreds of links.

ウルティメイトシャイニングゼロ

時間を操るシャイニングの力と、空間を移動するウルティメイトイージス、2つの強大な力を無理やり同時発動したに姿。

単体でもかなりの体力を消耗する力を重ねがけしたことで、 体への負担とエネルキーの消耗が尋常ではなく、長く維持することはできない。解除後にも大きなダメージが残ってしまう。

Ultimate Shining Zero

A form that forcibly activates two mighty powers at the same time: Shining's power to manipulate time, and Ultimate Aegis's power to move through space.

The power that consumes a great deal of physical strength on its own is superimposed, and the burden on the body and consumption of the energy key is extraordinary, so it cannot be maintained for long. Even after the power is released, significant damage is left behind.

This is one good way to secretly vent off frustration lol.

Well if you are curious and still want to vent your frustration via translating there's also this thing which straight up says Ultimate Shining is ultimate x ultimate on the top left so it should be impossible for anybody to say that form is addition and not multiplication.

Also now I am truly done with Zero's profile.

Basically it was something about "official translations" and shit and should not rely on fan wiki's.

Which is rather a funny story you guys cuz said fan wiki I go to actually have text that are ripped or type directly off of official works. Like take Shinza for example. Place I go? Has text of the stuff from there. Same thing for other series like Fate, Touhou, etc.

While I get the use of having scans is also important enough, saying I shouldn't when I've seen enough of it being checked out leaves me with one solution:

DON'T QUESTION ME IF YOU AIN'T GONNA SOURCE IT YOURSELF. OVO

YEAH!!!!!! **** YEAH!!! WOOOOOO!!!! Don't like it, TAKE IT OFF STUFF!!!

If I'm being honest there are times when I don't trust the official translation as sometimes they are way worse than the fan translations. And yeah that sounds kinda stupid if the fan wikis have actual scans from the original game/anime/manga and they say something different from the official translation than honestly they should probably use the one with the actual scans of the original instead.

Boy, tell me about it. There's such a severe lack of information or misinterpretation that a lot of things gte headcanoned in the Discord server I'm in.

@Peter1129 Pretty much. Even without scans, it's not like I'm JUST using a fan wiki that has the text for it. I'm even using an official blog that details some basic shit for the series I mainly do work on which is also odd because Shinza, what I use to work on (and probably might come back to but it's only up for reconsideration and not definite atm I'll say) actually use the fan wiki I mention (FYI, it's called Atwiki/@wiki) and we have only text stuff for certain feats and statements yet nobody on the threads for it really said anything about it so I feel like I'm in the okay enough zone to do some kind of work.

That aside, is that USZ info on the top left of that image? It's hard to tell cuz everything's all over.

Back