• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The things you loved when you're child but you're realized now that it sucks

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Disneyland:

When you are kid - This is the best place ever!

When you're adult - 200 yen for water, WTF!?

Cartoon Network:

When you are kid - Yay, Cartoon Network!

When you're adult - *sleep*

I honestly can't think of anything

Mostly cause I was a crappy kid and a rather blind to terribleness teen kek

The real cal howard said:
Disneyland:
I'm from the east coast. What's Disney Land? I only know Disney World ovo.

Cartoon Network:

[Banned for insulting Adventure Time indirectly]
Disney world but worse. And the price tag is ******* high.

Adventure Time is good. Hidden gem in a majority of garbage.

Well this is in reverse order but anyways.

Anime

Kid : Weird Chinese cartoon.......

Adult : This shit is epic!

Ironically some of the cartoons I used to enjoy as a kid were anime and I didn't even know that.

On top of my head, high school battle harem. I used to love that crap when I started watching anime other than Doraemon and Detective Conan, probably starting with Infinite Stratos. Few years later I cringe anytime I come across clips of those series on youtube.

Isekai is slowly becoming the successor for that title.

-BANLK- said:
Ironically some of the cartoons I used to enjoy as a kid were anime and I didn't even know that.
I've been around anime all my life because my mom watches it alot but I only really became aware it was it's own thing a few years ago

Zelda

Child: Huh, what is this? This thing is faar too complicated for me.

Adult: Now, Link was actually a spirit that was born along Hylia and Demise, but his name was never recorded by history due to being considered a normal human. He and Hylia fought Demise... and so his rage reincarnated once again in the form of Calamity Ganon, but he was sealed away for the 58373479942147944th time, but the threat of the Calamity will never be fully destroyed. Clear?

Child: Aren't there some some inconsist...

Adult:SHUT UP!

Kirby

Child: Look, Kirby's so CUUUUUTE!

Adult: Look, this eldrich abomination is so cool!

Ben 10

Child: Yes, new episode of my favorite cartoon, YAAY! (I still remember that the first episode I've ever seen of this show was when he stuck as the small intelligent gray alien)

Adult: Ah, is this show still going on?

Comics (mainly Mickey Mouse ones)

Child: Muuuuum, can I buy it? PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!

Adult: *reads mangas online because no one ever bothers to sell them in Italy sans Dragon Ball*

Manga

Child: Wait, I'm supposed to read it backwards? And it's not even colored? Who created this thing?

Adult: Oh, yeah, this is a comic, I need to read it from left to right... How do I do that again?

Pokémo

Child: This is beautiful!

Adult: This is still beautiful!

>I need to read it from left to right...how do I do that again?

I relate too much to this ovo

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
>When you can't relate because you're eastern Asian
You would if you started reading western comics, and then go back at reading eastern ones ovo

Even though it would be the other way around.

Ben 10

Child: Yes, new episode of my favorite cartoon, YAAY! (I still remember that the first episode I've ever seen of this show was when he stuck as the small intelligent gray alie)

Relatable.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

...you can see how shitty my taste used to be. Hell, it's still a guilty pleasure.

*Grabs gun*

Does that include SpongeBob SquarePants?

Nope, SpongeBob is still great.

Well, everything that's not season 5-8 and 11 is great.

This is more of a "What I thought of a verse before as a child compared to now" sort of thing, but let's give this a try.

Here are a select 5 from me:

Dragon Ball

Child: Who is this Goku guy on Death Battle??? He looks a bit interesting, I guess...

Teen (Now): Who knew he'd be my most favourite character in fiction ever, AND motivate me to go out and exercise a lot now?

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Child: Who in the Christ of hell is that...? Neptune?! Why is she such an overpowered Freak Fortress 2 Boss?!

Teen: NEP NEP NEP NEP NEP NEP NEP!!!!

Sonic The Hedgehog

Child: Sonic's better than Mario!!! He can run fast and turn Super! Mario can't do that! (Me debating with a friend)

Teen: Huh. You know what? I'm really starting to appreciate his games now. The Archie Comics and the SatAM Series seem worthy of my time too.

Ben 10

Child: Hey, Mum! If I do well in my next test, can I get my own Omnitrix?

Teen: Good times... Good times. Not a fan of it now, but I could see why I was.

Team Fortress

Child: Huh... An "If TF2 Ran on Windows 98 " video? I love Tech and Windows! I'm gonna go and watch it!

Teen: 1090 hours in TF2 and still going, I love this game.

Back