• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Structure of the DB Universe?

Just something interesting somebody else brought up which I need some input on.

Does trunks' timeline have its own set of 12 universes, different from the main timeline's ones?

If so, assuming each 12 universe has its own set of timelines, each timeline having its own set of 12 universes, and would'nt that mean that either there are an infinite amount of universes, or just a much higher number than 12? assuming for example each universe had two timelines, that'd be...around 288 universes? Assuming each timeline of course has its own set of universes, and also makes the assumption each universe doesnt have more timelines(my math is terrible, could be less, or more)

We don't know about the number of timelines in any Universe other than Universe 7 (it has at least 4 different timelines. DBO [rip] only had 1 Universe, but with an infinite amount of timelines, but DBO is no longer "canon". Xenoverse, Heroes and Shin Budokai do not count).

If we assume that each Universe has at least 4 timelines too, that will make a total of at least 48 different timelines.

All of the Universes being on the same timeline does not seem to be the case (that would mean multiple Beeruses and multiple Zeno-samas, which would be... weird).

Alexcar3000 said:
We don't know about the number of timelines in any Universe other than Universe 7 (it has at least 4 different timelines. DBO [rip] only had 1 Universe, but with an infinite amount of timelines, but DBO is no longer "canon". Xenoverse, Heroes and Shin Budokai do not count).
If we assume that each Universe has at least 4 timelines too, that will make a total of at least 48 different timelines.
If its 48 timelines for example, then thats 6,912 (bare minimum 576)universes in DB?

That is of course, assuming trunks' timeline has its own 12 universes which are different from the main 12 universes

Is my math still wrong?

Mister Death said:
If its 48 timelines for example, then thats 6,912 (bare minimum 576)universes in DB?

That is of course, assuming trunks' timeline has its own 12 universes which are different from the main 12 universes

Is my math still wrong?
I don't think each timeline has its own set of 12 (or 18?) Universes.

Alexcar3000 said:
Mister Death said:

Is my math still wrong?
I don't think each timeline has its own set of 12 (or 18?) Universes.
Wouldn't that be kind of strange though? If trunks for example traveled to universe 6 from his own timeline, would he meet the same Champa from the tournament arc?

Time Travel is not the same as oing to another Universe, since Time Travel you stay in place while Travelling universes you have other methods.

Back