• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Snatcher VS Ainz Ooal Gown

saw they both fought Discord and both ended in Inconclusive so why not

Speed is =

The Snatcher is Bloodlusted

Ultra Snatcher is used

Fight takes place in Subcon Forest

Both are in-Range of each-other

The Living Shadow:0

Overlord of Nazarick:2 (Apeironaxim, The pen or the sword)

Inconclusive:0

The Snatcher Render
Time you saw what I'm really capable of, kid. Say goodbye to that little head of yours!

Ainz Anime
A round of applause in celebration of my supreme power

So reading over the profiles snatcher has quite a few advatages, ap (obviously) type 7 immortality (Ainz usual death hax aren't going to play a part in this fight) and some good resistances (Not really sure if he's immune to timestop but seems likely given the info on his Profile) Quite a few of snatchers hax ainz resist (His soul hax are useless here as ainz resist soul removal and erasure/destruction)

Now snatcher's type 7 while useful isn't going to take ainz by surprise as he has a skill that lets him detect any undead around him, thus he'll know snatcher is an undead. Ainz first moves in character are liable to be time stop and triplicate maximize magic reality slash (His dura negging hax) Saying that snatcher shouldn't find it overly damaging. Ainz has a few moves that seem liable to take snatcher out in one attack (Soul destruction techniques) Saying that I have doubts ainz is going to use them before he gets crushed by snatchers vastly superior ap.

Ill need more information on snatchers tactics ect to make any conclusive statments.

can Ainz even hurt Snatcher with Reality Slash?

Magic has only been said to harm incorporeals when it comes to NPI afaik, while Snatcher seems to also be Immaterially intangible, so wouldn't the Reality Slashes just pass through him?

Im not knowledgable about intangiblity to say, though I suppose if he goes intangible in a way ainz can't touch him he'll use astral smite. Saying that ainz biggest issue is he can only deal physical damage with reality slash, he's far better off reaching for his soul based destruction abilities but Im not sure he'll go for them before snatcher put's him down.

Im not sure I don't really know how different forms of intangibility and npi interact. It doesn't matter though astral smite doesn't dura neg and snatchers to physically tough to be bothered by it.

also, Ainz has a single soul desctruction spell which he used on fodder

he also doesn't usually use spells below 8th tier unless he's boosting them up, and Hell Flame is 7th

there's also the fact of whether or not it would even work, since Snatcher would need to be hit by it, and well, he's immaterially intangible

True Im pretty sure he used another hell flame spell against wrath but in the end it's far from in character for him. And as I said earlier he isn't liable to pull on his winning hax before snatcher one shots him with his vastly superior ap.

at best, Ainz Time Stops and starts testing Snatcher's resistances, as he has said he likes to do in Time Stop, and maybe tries mindhax, though he would probably not since he might assume Snatcher has the same resistances as YGGDRASIL undead. Then again, it's equally likely he would try it anyway, as Snatcher would be vastly different from anything he's seen before

Actually ainz might just use his undead domination skill that he used in the side story...If he's gonna test things against snatcher I think he'd go for that pretty early.

Ainz should probably have limited resistance to pain manip, he still feels it but he's stated it no longer can interfere with his thought processes nor become as powerful the way it did when he was human.

Basically you can cause him pain but it will be reduced to a negligible level by his racial passives...

since they start in range of each other, Ainz is going to be only a few meters from Snatcher as far as i can tell, so Ainz is going to immediately teleport at least 1 km away, which seems to be out of range of the beams, assuming "ranged attacks" is the beams

True, from their ainz is going to stay out of snatchers range and basically start throwing stuff at him until something sticks, either his undead domination skills or one of his 700 spells that does soul destruction... how does snatcher respond to being forced to play the range game?

he'd also summon undead like Death Knights, which draw aggression to them, so that would give him more time just in case

True he'd probably summon death knights to buy time while he tries to find something to put snatcher down...Snatchers biggest issue here is going to be getting to ainz after he teleports away.

he'd also likely summon something like an Eternal Death, which has an aura that uses both Despair Aura V and I, and if Ainz sees Snatcher is affected by the Fear hax, he would likely immediately try mind hax like Dominate

one of the very few battles where Ainz will even get to use his summons lol

but yeah, Ainz is very much going to play the range game, and he can teleport at least 1 km in any direction every time

He went several km into the air against his fight with wrath iirc, and even low tier teleportation magic could cross between cities... (actually have we gotten any sense of scale for the overlord map?)

Huh we should try and work out the actual size at some point, moving on from that derail, ainz can and will teleport out of snatchers range pretty quickly and from there it's a range spam as ainz throws out summons and random spells to try and get one to stick.

Problem is snatcher doesn't have much of a way to retaliate, further even assuming snatcher moved first/got the first strike off a good chunk of his hax (Which he seems liable to go for first) Aren't going to work on ainz.

due to the fact Ainz is going to play the range game, as well as go invisible if he needs to for some reason, I might actually lean a little towards Ainz. A few of his undead summons have a fear effect, and Snatcher doesn't resist any mind hax from what i can see, so Snatcher will be hit by fear hax from one of the summons eventually, especially since he'll need to get decently close, and once Ainz sees he doesn't resist that, he'd likely try Dominate or Charm Person or any other mind control spell

With the way it was put, it seems Snatcher doesn't have much to win other than AP, which is still countered quite easily. Again, might be a stomp.

snatcher's pain manip has interdimensional range, and he can harm hat kid w/ it, which means he can oneshot ainz from anywhere, and ainz can't play the range game. that probably wouldn't actually kill cuz of ainz's immortality, so then snatcher would use bfr. can ainz counter the bfr? right now the only way i see ainz winning is via mind manip, and maybe death manip+resistence negation.

also, if the fear manip works, why wouldn't snatcher just pain manip/death manip/bfr/danmaku the summons? i don't see a reason for him not to attack out of fear when bloodlusted.

Ainz resist pain manip due to his undead nature, all pain he experiences is reduced to a managable level, you also can't one shot via pain manip afaik (Pain manip is just causing pain to someone it's not really related to ap/causing physical damage). All of snatchers moves that would work at ainz's range are rendered useless by ainz resistances.

Ainz has gate which allowed for travel between the worlds of yggdrasil (Also it's stated to have no range limit) iirc. He also resist bfr in the first place so snatchers bfr won't work.. He can danmuku the summons but ainz is liable to notice him reacting to there aura from there he's liable to go dominate undead and claim snatchers mind. Ainz could also use wish or tgolid but I see him spotting snatchers weakness before he gets to that.

Then Snatcher literally has no way win here if all of his moves are either resisted or aren't quick enough to even do anything. At least with Discord VS. Ainz, Discord had more to work with to incap his opponent. Snatcher might have a lot of powers, but he isn't as haxed as Discord.

Yeah Im getting a stompish vibe here, the main reason discord vs ainz worked was due to discord possibly turning ainz into a statue at the same time ainz thought death...Saying that ainz does have resistance to petrification now though I think we might treat transmuting someone into a statue as different from petrification...

Still in this case ainz resist a great deal of snatchers in character hax and has a range advantage on top of three win cons. (Wish, dominate, tgoalid) This wouldn't be quite so bad if ainz wasn't crazy paranoid and liable to avoid getting close to an unkown opponent at all cost. Even if snatcher managed to get off a hit on ainz, he has a self revive item and will ressurect once.

Snatcher's AP is his only win con, and if he had resistance to Time Stop then he'd have a chance. But since he doesn't, I'm pretty sure this is a stomp as of now. This can probably be redone if his Time Stop resistance is legit.

Also, Snatcher VS. Discord worked because both combatants were bloodlusted, had more than 1 way to kill each other, and the lack of resistances.

Im aware, it worked well. The reason ainz vs discord worked was actually a little suspect to my mind, discord was liable to go for a few different abilities and ainz resisted several while ainz would always go for death hax that discord didn't resist... Eh maybe Im just bitter :p

Regardless it's at the very least a stomp now, ainz tp's away, timestops and spends twenty minutes summoning and chucking random spells at snatcher to see what sticks, he either notices his summons causing snatcher fear or gets low on mana and uses wish or tgoalid. as you said we can redo this if snatcher actually gets timestop resistance. As the fight is right now he never really gets the chance to take action against ainz.

it doesn't help that fear hax in Overlord also seems to make the target affected essentially paralyzed with fear, pretty much unable to act, or at the very least, running away in fear, so Snatcher would likely end up unable to move/act in fear once he got in range

Back