• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Search for the Strongest 9-A Non-Smurfs

Arcker123

He/Him
So I stole this idea from Weekly…

Basically the same premise as Weeklyks thread, the list is pretty outdated, so let’s update it. I really wanted to make this thread when I got back. I’ll prolly make some matches if not a tournament. Discussion on specific placements should also take place. Please include justification as to why they’re strong and why they’re good for the list and any specific placements.

Hoping we can all agree on a top 5 list.

Canidates:

Last edited:
Haruna looks like easy picking. Not sure who the Hellper characters are. Player might be pretty doable as well, depending what that immortality is about...

So let me throw some guys I know in and see if they go anywhere.
  • Bunny: Uses her infinite time stop, time reversal and can resurrect 23 times via time reversal upon death
  • Ezekiel: Without the knowledge that that bracelet needs to be destroyed pretty hard to kill. Passive physical and mental incapacitation. On touch negates durability.
  • Zargorot: Hard to kill without appropriate prior knowledge. Passively summons a swarm of other ghosts. Those have abilities such as liquifying enemies, possessing them, instant death on sight and intense pain & paralysis when touched. One ghost also extremely tires the enemy when defeated.
  • Valkyrie Cain: Mental attacks, power copying (better than original user) and EOS she can project extremely fast lightning which erases matter & souls, while circumventing forefields and resistance to it. Also Building level forcefield (and possibly city level invulnerability... not sure ho to treat the Meryyn seal)

id think minecraft steve has a chance of getting on there cause le type 4 immortality lmao but idk

Haruna looks like easy picking.
She shouldn't be on the list in the first place, she already lost to Isaac. Isaac should be fifth.
Not sure who the Hellper characters are.
I did some digging and this looked like the strongest character.
Player might be pretty doable as well, depending what that immortality is about...
Dunno what you mean by "Doable." Most 9-A's can't beat that NEP so 🤷‍♂️.
Bunny: Uses her infinite time stop, time reversal and can resurrect 23 times via time reversal upon death
I deadass don't see her beating Haruna.. Haruna has thought based 7-B shields and I don't see how Bunny can get past that, I think it depends on who gets their hax of first. Otherwise she beats Jangwon and hard stops at player. Beats Isaac.
Ezekiel: Without the knowledge that that bracelet needs to be destroyed pretty hard to kill. Passive physical and mental incapacitation. On touch negates durability.
Can you further explain his passives? Which hax do they use and such. Also, is his bracelet on his person? Also his touch seems to get countered by range.
Zargorot: Hard to kill without appropriate prior knowledge. Passively summons a swarm of other ghosts. Those have abilities such as liquifying enemies, possessing them, instant death on sight and intense pain & paralysis when touched. One ghost also extremely tires the enemy when defeated.
Ooh.

Hard stops at player.
Valkyrie Cain: Mental attacks, power copying (better than original user) and EOS she can project extremely fast lightning which erases matter & souls, while circumventing forefields and resistance to it. Also Building level forcefield (and possibly city level invulnerability... not sure ho to treat the Meryyn seal)
She's a Corvo victim I don't want to hear it 😤.
id think minecraft steve has a chance of getting on there cause le type 4 immortality lmao but idk
Profile link?
Wait, what does infinite mean? Because Tier 2 stuff does count as smurfs
Lasts forever.

Well, almost ;).

Dunno what you mean by "Doable." Most 9-A's can't beat that NEP so 🤷‍♂️.
Thing is, his NEP is outdated and it looks quite debatable if it would really be treated as powerful by the new NEP standards. (Perhaps my concept manipulator could cheese him anyway)

I deadass don't see her beating Haruna.. Haruna has thought based 7-B shields and I don't see how Bunny can get past that, I think it depends on who gets their hax of first. Otherwise she beats Jangwon and hard stops at player. Beats Isaac.
Remember that she can rewind time to get her hax out first. I'm also really sceptical if a forcefield that works via energy absorption would even do anything during time stop. There is a good chance, in my opinion, that Bunny can walk straight through that while time is stopped. Or maybe overload it by number of attacks.

Can you further explain his passives? Which hax do they use and such. Also, is his bracelet on his person? Also his touch seems to get countered by range.
The bracelet is close by, but will definitely not be on his person. It will likely lie around somewhere in the grass and look like entirely irrelevant trash.

The passive hax uses empathic (i.e. mind) manipulation to make them not want to do anything and paralysis inducement to stop all movement.

While touch can in theory be countered by range (although he uses tentacles for ranged touch) if one doesn't have prior knowledge one might just try to punch him and die as a result.

Ooh.

Hard stops at player.
Probably, yeah.

IIRC that's not combat applicable because he potentially spawns nowhere close to the battlefield without reliable means to return in time to not count as BFR'd.

Zargorot: Hard to kill without appropriate prior knowledge. Passively summons a swarm of other ghosts. Those have abilities such as liquifying enemies, possessing them, instant death on sight and intense pain & paralysis when touched. One ghost also extremely tires the enemy when defeated.
How many layers of intangibility?

The dude's actually got some pretty cheesy/janky stuff. Imagine fighting a guy and not knowing he can freeze you in place because you decided to jump. Or he throws a book at you and you get trapped in its pages.

Last edited:

The dude's bell is legit pretty cheesy. Imagine fighting a guy who can freeze you in place because you decided to jump
The Chosen Undead cant jump

This is going to haunt me till I die huh...
🤷

Haruna’s just fodder
Roland isn’t physically 9-A so he’s ineligible.

The dude's actually got some pretty cheesy/janky stuff. Imagine fighting a guy and not knowing he can freeze you in place because you decided to jump. Or he throws a book at you and you get trapped in its pages.
I honestly don’t think he can beat even Haruna but I’ll add him
Beyond the immortality what else does he have that’s of use?
Remember that she can rewind time to get her hax out first. I'm also really sceptical if a forcefield that works via energy absorption would even do anything during time stop. There is a good chance, in my opinion, that Bunny can walk straight through that while time is stopped. Or maybe overload it by number of attacks.
I don’t see that. It’s why Timestop doesn’t normally let you move through stuff.
The bracelet is close by, but will definitely not be on his person. It will likely lie around somewhere in the grass and look like entirely irrelevant trash.
I do not know of a way to look at this that doesn’t make it seem like prep. So it’s on the battlefield normally in his fights? If so, anyone who can destroy the are like Azashiro could just destroy it on accident.
The passive hax uses empathic (i.e. mind) manipulation to make them not want to do anything and paralysis inducement to stop all movement.
Ok
While touch can in theory be countered by range (although he uses tentacles for ranged touch) if one doesn't have prior knowledge one might just try to punch him and die as a result.
Any character with an even sorta good ranged hax beats that. If they have range and even sometimes use it they win, he won’t just get hit luckily.

Also added Ainz Ooal Gown and Ard. He’s physically 9-A (Though his profile is stupidly worded so you may not see it) but he’s functionally a Low 7-C. He’s got thought based death and time hax. Can neg type 4 immo (So he stomps Bunny, Jangwon, Zeke). He prolly hard stops at player though.

Ard has pretty strong type 8 and a whole bunch of shi.

Edit: Also added Alex Mercer. Bro could debatably incon Number 2.

Last edited:
Use his H6A key to fight Azashiro then, coward.

Not even Deceived is such a mrk.
High 6-A version for a 9-A is pretty sad ngl

Almost as sad as tier 4 Ning losing to 6-A Yamamoto🚶

Azashiro without his 6-A shi still beats up ning tho

I don’t see that. It’s why Timestop doesn’t normally let you move through stuff.
In my understanding, this isn't like a physical wall, which be in the way whether time is stopped or not. It's an energy draining ability applied to everything to comes close. Energy draining abilities wouldn't take effect while time is stopped.

I do not know of a way to look at this that doesn’t make it seem like prep. So it’s on the battlefield normally in his fights? If so, anyone who can destroy the are like Azashiro could just destroy it on accident.
If you want you can place the Source (bracelet) in London, where it usually is, to make him completely impossible to destroy lol

Factually it's so that ghosts never carry the source on their person, but also don't usually move a great distance away from it. That's why I say it makes most sense to have it be somewhere in the surroundings. Alternatively, one could also invoke the "If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread" clause from the SBA and have the fight take place in the area where the Source is usually located, if you prefer that.

While some characters could destroy it by accident, they could just as well not do so. And Ezekiel will of course take care to not have it destroyed. Via incapping the opponent first, directing the attacks in different directions, telekinesis etc.

Any character with an even sorta good ranged hax beats that. If they have range and even sometimes use it they win, he won’t just get hit luckily.
I mean, "sometimes" would have to be more than 50% of the time and even then Ezekiel can still use tentacles to try to touch them from range.

And it's just one puzzle piece in the full set. Beating that is useless if you still get done in by the passives or don't have what it takes to kill him.

I'm sceptical that Ainz qualifies as 9-A physically, as he has Low 7-C dura and stuff. That is also part of physicals, no?

In my understanding, this isn't like a physical wall, which be in the way whether time is stopped or not. It's an energy draining ability applied to everything to comes close. Energy draining abilities wouldn't take effect while time is stopped.
It is physical though. She can hit and attack things with it

It is physical though. She can hit and attack things with it
Is it? The page mentions "It does so by deploying a "Klein field", a spatial forcefield that siphons the energy of incoming attacks into a dimensional fold, behaving similarly to a Klein bottle." which sounds like spatial energy-draining stuff to me.
I guess alternatively Bunny could just overload it, since damage on it apparently accumulates, in any case.

I mean, both aren't mutually exclusive to each other. But yes, thats how Haruna got her 9-A rating in the first place, she smacked tanks with her Klein Field. I have no horse in the race, because as mentioned multiple times, Haruna shoudnt even be on the list in the first place, she officially lost her spot to Isaac and I have no clue why that wasnt changed to this day.

I'm sceptical that Ainz qualifies as 9-A physically, as he has Low 7-C dura and stuff. That is also part of physicals, no?
Yeah I’m told he’s supposed to be 9-A physically but his profile is just stupidly written. I’m 73% sure that ratings just magic
If you want you can place the Source (bracelet) in London, where it usually is, to make him completely impossible to destroy lol

Factually it's so that ghosts never carry the source on their person, but also don't usually move a great distance away from it. That's why I say it makes most sense to have it be somewhere in the surroundings. Alternatively, one could also invoke the "If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread" clause from the SBA and have the fight take place in the area where the Source is usually located, if you prefer that.

While some characters could destroy it by accident, they could just as well not do so. And Ezekiel will of course take care to not have it destroyed. Via incapping the opponent first, directing the attacks in different directions, telekinesis etc.
Eh. This will only be relevant for specific matches so 🤷. Where do you think they place so we can get a match.
I mean, "sometimes" would have to be more than 50% of the time and even then Ezekiel can still use tentacles to try to touch them from range.

And it's just one puzzle piece in the full set. Beating that is useless if you still get done in by the passives or don't have what it takes to kill him.
Basically above

Yeah I’m told he’s supposed to be 9-A physically but his profile is just stupidly written. I’m 73% sure that ratings just magic
The problem isn't that his Striking Strength isn't mentioned in the AP section (it doesn't have to be), it's that his durability isn't 9-A even without any magical techniques. I'n not sure if you qualify as physically 9-A if your body is tougher than that. I guess that's something the top 5 strongest thread rules would have to explain.

Eh. This will only be relevant for specific matches so 🤷. Where do you think they place so we can get a match.

Basically above
Above Imp as Imp doesn't resistance the passive mental incap, I guess.

Imp has abstract existence type 1 so that’s a lol nope
Abstract Existence doesn't mean it lacks a mind per se and the text it is based on focuses a lot on them being physically abstract.
Azashiro doesn't have mind resistance either and his omnipresence doesn't help either, as physical size ≠ mental size.

I don’t understand why you’re treating the mind as separate from the physical body when most stories don’t consider that.
Abstract Existence doesn't mean it lacks a mind per se and the text it is based on focuses a lot on them being physically abstract.
My point is that he lacks the NPI to even interact with his mind.
Just soul crushes him into oblivion over and over and there’s nothing he can do. Even if he doesn’t destroy the bracelet with his massive aoe High 6-A Danmaku spam, he just in caps with a death loop. He also outranges into oblivion. Ezekiel can’t even reach him with the passives before getting slapped by Azashiro passively.
doesn't have mind resistance either
Unconventional Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Minds in Bleach are intertwined with their souls)

• Soul Physiology Page
Azashiro can just soul crush over and over and even if the empathetic manip initially works, he can just discard his emotions to make himself immune. He also resists paralysis manip in a a far more layered fashion.
his omnipresence doesn't help either, as physical size ≠ mental size
In the case of Azashiro, yes his mind would also be omnipresent.

The reasoning for this is because in Bleach the mind is directly tied to the soul, and since Azashiro's a Shinigami and doesn't have a "physical form" in the sense of not being constructed of Kishi, but rather Reishi, he'd be a soul. And since his omnipresent causes his "soul form" to become omnipresent, his mind would also be equally omnipresent.

I don’t understand why you’re treating the mind as separate from the physical body when most stories don’t consider that.
In my experience most stories do? Like, ghosts definitely don't have a physical mind. Ezekiel's work almost definitely has non-physical minds to be attacked.

My point is that he lacks the NPI to even interact with his mind.
You don't give NPI for mind manipulation to affect minds. NPI is only given if something that shouldn't be able to affect the non-physical thing is able to affect it. That a mind spell can affect minds is a given. That's also why not every soul manipulator in existence has NPI.

Just soul crushes him into oblivion over and over and there’s nothing he can do. Even if he doesn’t destroy the bracelet with his massive aoe High 6-A Danmaku spam, he just in caps with a death loop. He also outranges into oblivion. Ezekiel can’t even reach him with the passives before getting slapped by Azashiro passively.
Soul crushing doesn't work as Ezekiel's soul doesn't exist on the same plane of existence as his ectoplasm body. Azashiro would first need to realize that and then get to the place where Ezekiel's soul actually is to soul crush him.

And I disagree on the outrange. Azashiro is omnipresent. He is already right next to and even inside Ezekiel. The good thing about omnipresence is that being everything means everything needs to be destroyed to completely destroy you. The bad thing about omnipresence is that being everything means everything will hit you as you will always be in contact with every attack.

The only way he could outrange is if his mind has a specific position within his area of omnipresence, that position is sufficiently far away from Ezekiel and he doesn't decide to move it closer to have a look at his opponent. But I'm not seeing that.

he can just discard his emotions to make himself immune.
The mind manip would prevent him from doing that, as it makes the target unwilling to do anything.

Back