• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Salty boi fights a Strawberry

Forgot to specify salvation ending where he doesn't get that.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Why do i keep getting notifications for these matches I've never scene before?!
I made a thread talking about that; because I've have that problem as well

@Gargoyle ...that's not at all how The Saltborn's Death Manipulation works, last I checked, its more like he can screw around with varying types and states of death with Salt Manipulation, and can draw people who die into his realm without actively trying to, like a sort of purgatory. Or rather, The Nameless God does, but Domination Ending Saltborn gains his powers, so... maybe I should change it to Necromancy?

At any rate, he's not got those here, since this is just Salvation Ending it would seem.

I will say Salt Man for Soul Hax and Poison Manipulation, and I dont think Ichigo can bypass type 4, can he?

Even assuming he can, I think his soul hax and poison manipulation just barely edge out a win.

Type 4 is basically saying "You're immortal and blessed"

Doesn't really mean much.

DMUA said:
Type 4 is basically saying "You're immortal and blessed"
Doesn't really mean much.
I guess true, but some verses have the old "You can't kill me cuz I am a god."

Cant remember if Saltborn is this way.

I know Percy Jackson god tiers are this way, along with type 8

I mean, The Saltborn is immortal for entirely different reasons, namely because that's an explicit power he possesses that... either he just kind of has, or the Nameless God is granting him in an attempt to make him into a particularly potent worshipper. Come to think of it, does Ichigo have a way of putting the Saltborn down for good?

ThePerpetual said:
I mean, The Saltborn is immortal for entirely different reasons, namely because that's an explicit power he possesses that... either he just kind of has, or the Nameless God is granting him in an attempt to make him into a particularly potent worshipper. Come to think of it, does Ichigo have a way of putting the Saltborn down for good?
If thats the case, I highly doubt it.

Saltborn vs Yogg could be fair.

Like, if you could absorb The Saltborn's... salt, that'd probably suffice. Salt's... kind of the same thing as soul? Not really though, they make a fairly clear distinction between the two. The only thing I can think of that'd be available to the layman without a special power for the sort of thing is like, incapacitating them but leaving them alive in that state, without letting them die/resurrect a bit later.

ThePerpetual said:
Come to think of it, does Ichigo have a way of putting the Saltborn down for good?
In game, he always seems to need to be saved by a kindly priest whenever he's beaten up, from my understanding. If he gets oblitherated by a Getsuga Tensho, that should be more then enough to kill him

Regen and resurrection negation should work, as well as stuff like existence erasure/BFR, but normal soul manip doesn't due to specific terminology. Is there a canon timeframe for resurrect?

...said priest being an aspect/memory/whatever of the Nameless God, like everything else on the island? Like, you literally get to watch your corpse dissolve into dust right there on screen when you die, random priests don't exactly explain that.

It has a lot to do with how gods and religions within the verse are directly powered by people's faith in them/the entire "island" being a sort of purgatory, but basically The Saltborn is either resurrecting of his own power, or by the properties of the Island itself, i.e. something that would be considered a part of the Saltborn's power set, what with the entire game taking place on the island and all.

Hmm.

Though still, this is in Central Park with no outside help allowed.

...it's not outside help if it's a demonstrated part of his power set? That's what I just went through explaining, that it isn't "outside help." The Saltborn was given the ability to come back from death, its not any different from a Soulsborne protagonist doing the same.

But, supposedly, it's the nameless good actively revives him, meanwhile the hunter has his type 8 based off the hunter's dream, and the Dark Souls dudes are undead, and as a result come back from the dead, to the point of insanity if they don't use some humanity.

So....

Yeah.

Even then, pretty sure Shinagami are... Well, soul reapers, and purifying souls is their job. Actually, just slaying The Saltborne may just send him to Soul Society. Either that or he could wack him with the butt of his Zanpakuto and just send him there directly.

Quickbumps.

Also manditory song in the OP now.

Okay, so-

Can't Ichigo directly attack souls or some such, since everybody in the Soul Society is a spirit by default or something like that? I'm not really familiar with Bleach lore. Or maybe another way to do in self-resurrecting beings for good.

If so, maybe Ichigo? He seems to have the AP/Durability/Mobility advantages, though the Saltborn's self-healing shenanigans, elemental manipulation, etc. would probably give him a hard time of it.

If not... seeing as Ichigo has no way of doing him in for good, and its very unlikely he'll think up "leave this man horribly maimed but not quite dead and keep him that way" in character, it probably wouldn't be that much different from any other boss fight The Saltborn's fought up to this point- keep at it, learn the patterns in his movements, etc. Hell, The Nameless God kind of fights like a Bleach character, even, what with the teleport spam and swords and martial arts and such, he'd arguably have an experience advantage as well.

Well... Basically this

Soul Reapers send souls to Soul Society in two ways:

Wacking them with the butt of their Zanpakuto

If they're a hollow, cutting them down and purifying their souls to send them to soul society

I mean.... Bleach fighting mechanics are wierd. Let's just say he has to kill the saltborn in a conventional fashion to do either of these.

So, he can in fact actually kill the Saltborn, maybe.

Honestly, though, I'm... kinda iffy on it still? He's been whacked about and lost some of his soul a fair few times, I don't think he'd suddenly go down in one hit. Given that he'd have to be killed on more or less two different levels... if it's not certain that Ichigo can do it (perma-kill Saltborn) the first time, I'm still probably going to have to go with him, since he'd have learned enough the first time to go into the rematch with a proper gameplan and whatnot, i.e. with greatly enhanced odds of success over what was already a fairly close fight.

...it's kinda hard to think about how The Saltborn's powers would work outside of the Nameless Island, I think, the entirety of the game (all of his showings) take place there.

That happens.

Anyways, what's your vote?

This make me thinking why Pyra stomp Ichigo while Ichigo have an fair match with Salt who is stalemate with Pyra?

Nvm it was Salvation ending Salt.

Kurosaki has one thing, the Getsuga Tenshō, while the Saltborn has a load of ranged weapons that don't take away his stamina.

Still...as the Saltborn is in a videogame we dont have proof off how exacly his weapons are ranged

i mean, at his best a weapon can take a full screen

While Ichigo got City ranked range.

Back