• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be as straightforward as possible, as to avoid any potential confusion. There are numerous character profiles which have been downplayed or upgraded out of bias, forum threads speading mis-information with commenters spreading illogical argumentative skill, and so on. All of which, we strongly believed have been completely mis-represented due to the clear bias, hypocrisy and naivety of users and authority figures within this Wikia page.

We simply wish to discuss it with the individuals here, preferably those who have some form of relevance to the Wiki. The obvious "elephant in the room" would be the topic of character tiering within Dragon Ball; A topic that has been the basis for a multitude of extremely heated debates had here, and several other online forums. In adition, we have many other topics to discuss as well, outside of Dragon Ball. Such as verses within the Holy Shonen Trinity, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan, and an ass
Goku Returns! Again!
ortment of other franchises which we believe have been horribly misrepresented. In addition, we would also like to discuss the general validity of certain elements and concepts of the extensive Vs Battles Wiki Tiering System.
Discussion of the aforementioned topics will he bad within THIS Hangouts group. I suggest you bring your most logically sound arguments and damning evidence to the table. All of our issues will be discussed there.

Antvasima's edit: I removed the link to avoid further conflict. I have been told that the chat was very abusive.

If I may ask, what are some examples of characters you believe have been either downplayed or unfairly upgraded, and why do you believe them to be so?

What issues do you believe there to be with tiering within franchises such as Dragon Ball and Jojo, and what is the misinformation you believe has led to the problem here?

This will allow me a more clear idea of what you are asking about. I obviously cannot address concerns for all franchises, as I am only one person and not well versed in every single character and series on the wiki, but perhaps it would allow me to better help.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
If I may ask, what are some examples of characters you believe have been either downplayed or unfairly upgraded, and why do you believe them to be so?
What issues do you believe there to be with tiering within franchises such as Dragon Ball and Jojo, and what is the misinformation you believe has led to the problem here?

This will allow me a more clear idea of what you are asking about. I obviously cannot address concerns for all franchises, as I am only one person and not well versed in every single character and series on the wiki, but perhaps it would allow me to better help
Discussion of the aforementioned topics will be had within the chatroom provided, as to prevent any unfair censorship by the adminstrators. No offense intended. You can just discuss the three primary topics listed if you have knowledge on them. Any additional topics will be specified.

TheOneAndOnlyGodTierX said:
Discussion of the aforementioned topics will be had within the chatroom provided, as to prevent any unfair censorship by the adminstrators. No offense intended.
Well, I am not usually comfortable doing Google hangouts with strangers, but I also do not wish to censor you. That would solve nothing, whereas actually responding to your concerns allows me a better idea of where you're coming from. I have a Fanfiction.net account that I use for personal messages, and if you would like to message me there to avoid any issues you believe may be had regarding censorship, my username there is the same as it is on here. Though if you do message me, I may have to respond tomorrow, as it is very late where I am and I will be going to sleep, soon.

Look: The issue here is that plenty of people seem to have the perception that we claim to be an absolute authority regarding character ratings, and we most definitely do not. We have even written this within our wiki rules.

We have almost 11000 profiles to take care of. I have personally worked 63 hours a week for the last 2.5 years to make sure that our reliability is as good as possible (and that we have a friendly atmosphere for our members), and we take this issue very seriously, as you can clearly see in the fact that our content revision forum contains almost a 100000 posts.

However, the sheer number of entries makes our work practically impossible. Every day, I go up to monitor all of the edits, so there is no vandalism, and check that as many as possible of the content revision threads reach some form of conclusion. This takes 9 hours of work a day, including the weekends, all in order so that our visitors and members can have fun, and that our wiki is as good as possible.

However, we still have limited knowledge of many of the fictions listed within this wiki, and do not have endless time and resources to make sure that everything written here is reliable. I personally doubt that more than 50% of it is accurate, but we are always willing to listen to people who have new proof and arguments.

Regardless, the constant sheer ingratitude and negativity towards all of our efforts outside of the wiki is extremely overwhelming and exhausting. We constantly have to deal with drama, slander, stalking, harrassment, sockpuppets, and other forms of attacks, despite that the wiki would be far worse without any staff members to take care of it.

We are not trying to harm anybody, and we demand that everybody here treat other communities with respect according to our rules, but we are still just part of an entertainment wiki, and everything here is based on the opinions of whoever helped to write a particular entry.

Are we doing our very best? Yes, definitely. Is that good enough? Probably not, as perfection is impossible for such an overwhelming task. Do the vast majority of visitors seem to have fun/appreciate our efforts? Probably yes, as we had 156000 individual visitors every month the last time that I checked, and are constantly growing. Can we please everybody? Of course not. No matter what statistics our entries state, half of the diehard audience will disagree with them.

Basically, given just how taxing our work here is, and that we do it for free, without payment, what more do you all want from us really? Our blood?

To explain a bit further, the profile statistics recurrently depend on whoever had the best arguments and evidence in a content revision thread, regardless if it was a staff member or a regular member.

The banned topics are ones that we have grown sick and tired of dealing with, due to that we have talked about them so often, and have other issues that need to be dealt with.

Well, we are overworked enough as it is, and do not have the time and energy to enter chat rooms for long discussions about old topics, especially not with people who see it as some kind of competition.

Again, the results of each content revision thread depends on who end up participating, and the staff do not know everything about every subject. Usually we simply listen to people, and try to evaluate if their points seem to make sense or not.

Okay. That is good, but regardless, we have standard procedures for how to handle statistics changes, and that is via the content revision forum, not via chat rooms that have nothing to do with the site.

Well if what they say does make sense couldn't we make a content revision thread about it?

i don't say thats not true am just saying they are useing sound agrments and being pliote maybe i can get them to come to this siet when they get back on the chat.

God-King Superman77 said:
Well if what they say does make sense couldn't we make a content revision thread about it?
it's too inconvenient it would be best if they made the vision thread here

Yes, if they have good arguments, they can make content revision threads, but we are already extremely busy and overworked, and may not be able to deal with a lot of them at once.

antvasima, i checked the chat and they seem to know EXACTLY what they're talking about. i highly suggest you check it out when you have time.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
People say we have bias but they never specify...
^^This.If someone wants to say the wiki is bias,they have to say WHY the wiki is bias,because otherwise,they wont help in nothing.

Honestly this is getting extremely tiring.

The last few weeks we've had so much negativity reaching us.

Oh the wiki is biased, oh the wiki is wrong, oh the admins are stupid.

If you care so much then help make it better.If you don't then just stop coming here, it's that easy.

And of course there are going to be bad pages, a lot of them actually.

Also can this be discussion held somewhere else except the hangout.Like another wiki for example?

And honestly if I must be blunt. If they have a problem with our statistics, address it in a Content Revision thread instead of involving us in a roundabout chat. If you have an argument, bring it. And no one can act like every stat is without bias. Heck. EVERYONE has a bias. No one is without it. We can try to be as unbiased as possible. However, we roll with whatever punches are given. We don't claim to be the most accurate site. We have over 10,000 pages. I highly doubt anything short of more mainstream series that get brought up all the time are accurate. Heck we likely have many pages that are outdated. And if I'm honest those who say WE are biased and hypocritical often time are likely biased themselves and disagree with us without ever doing anything to try and change stats.

I honestly don't see why these people have not come here to bring up these points. Why do we need to go to a google chat to discuss stat upgrades? These people seem like they are reasonable and they seem to have evidence supporting their claims. How about they come over here and try to help our site with their evidence and such, that way we can strive to be more accurate.

Unfortunately, saying "the wiki" is a blanket term for a large and growing community. I'm sure there are users here who are biased towards one series and against another, but we do try to limit that. However, if you feel a series is unfairly treated with exaggerated or downplayed statistics, you're completely free to make a Content Revision board regarding them, as long as you bring good and solid points.

And no, no admins here will censor your post.

I don't even know what's going on with Dragon Ball, HST, TTGL, or JJBA to warrant this in the first place. So will someone post what they want to change?

If you have problems regarding a verse, simply make a content revision thread. No need for a thread whose purpose is to pretty much make indirect call-outs to various wikia users.

Why would we go out of our way for these people? they can just discuss it here in CR threads like normal users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back