• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they are polite, and not BeyonderGod-style haters, we can probably work with them. However, we still have procedures that need to be followed.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also tomorrow could you send me your links? That way I can put them in a CRT.
Yes

I also addressed the connected space time argument, I'll likely put my arguments into thread for my Stop Dragonball Downplay community

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Well you must remember that not everyone here knows English or are comfortable with voice chat.
Heck. I'm kinda embarrassed that you, Darkanine, GKS, and I think someone else know what I sound like now. Let alone look like. That was a bad picture...

The real cal howard said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Well you must remember that not everyone here knows English or are comfortable with voice chat.
Heck. I'm kinda embarrassed that you, Darkanine, GKS, and I think someone else know what I sound like now. Let alone look like. That was a bad picture...
Have no shame in your voice,its the voice God gave you,that you were born with and that people hear you use on an everyday basis in real life. This creates a humanistic division between us eventhough the internet is supposed to be here for us to become closer as people.

However,if you wish to not be heard. I respect your choice;however, you talking isnt a requirement. We simply wih to be heard as talking is the best way to cover all of what was discussed in the most efficient manner. Those in the call can vouch for our politeness and coherency, and to those that didnt wanna talk,they were able to hear us and textually respond

If we had to reitorate what was said itd literally take dozens of times longer to cover said topics as efficiently as vocally

It's just that the vast majority of their suggestions for tiering are things that we have repeatedly dealt with and debunked in the past.

Goku will not become 2-C, and Demigra is not High 2-A.

We've covered this before. Multiple times.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's just that the vast majority of their suggestions for tiering are things that we have repeatedly dealt with and debunked in the past.

And? That doesn't mean you need to antagonist them they were being polit and used arguments cal and dragon were agreeing with.

So what if either agreed with then? I speak from experience, and I have little respect for the ideas contained within most Google+ Vs Communities.

I have yet to attack the people, but apparently I can't even vocalize my opinion that some people say that I'm being "mean".

My opinions on the matter are contrary to yours and theirs, you don't get to try and silence me for expressing them.

Matthew Schroeder said:

Again youve not heard the arguments,youre simply hearing a topic you disagree with and disregarding evidence without even hearing the arguments behind it,thats the problem present here.

Also do not insult or antagonize communities you have no idea about,people you have no idea about or arguments you havent even heard yet. I am looking so forward to having you join a call

There goes Matthew epitomizing the problem of completely disregarding ideas as a whole and not paying heed to the actual evidence and arguments. Displaying overgeneralization and CLEAR BIAS.

I don't think Matt is a Native English speaker. I may be horribly wrong.

@Matt I feel like we can give this one last look. Lets go through these last points one last time, and maybe something new will pop up.

Antvasima said:
TheOneAndOnlyGodTierX said:
I don't really have time to give a full response to your initial comment. But, I wll say this.

I am fully aware of how profiles are revised. My primary issue is what consitutes a good or bad argument isn't usually given proper judgement by the Administrators. Making a Wiki is hard, I understand that. But, in a world where we have literally an endless access to information; There's no reason to be naive. I can go into more detail on this idea, but I'll leave it at that for now.
Look, as I have stated previously, most of us do try our very best to be openminded, and listen to the points people bring up in different content revision threads. However, that does not mean that we are automatically going to agree with everybody, especially not if they behave in a very bad manner.
Lots of us do not have English as our first language, and consider it a lot easier to express ourseves through writing than talking, especially if our voices are going to be drowned out by lots of people talking at the same time. It is unmanageable, and demands too much of us on top of everything else. We need coherent structure in order to reach any conclusions, especially for franchises that we do not know much about, and need to have the mechanics explained to us. We also largely value our privacies, and do not want our voices or IP addresses recorded.

Also, we are not run like either a democracy or a dictatorship, we are run more like a business. Everybody get to have their say, and come with suggestions, as long as they behave well, but the staff ultimately have to try to evaluate if it is reasonable or not.

Will our judgements be perfect? No, but it is still a much better option to promote the people who have shown dedication, responsibility, good behaviour, and the ability for rational evaluation, than to descend into complete anarchy, with all profiles subject to constant edit-wars, and changed daily at the whims of the biases of the current editors.
Immediately disregarding logical arguments and entire forum threads that are contrary to your own beliefs doesn't consitute openmindedness. I appreciate that you're trying; However that doesn't change the fact that the notion of your apparent openmindness is missguided. A lot of Administrators here are very openminded. The three we spoke to within the vocal call tonight were very polite and actually listened to what we had to say. That unfortunately isn't the case for most Administrators here; Even the ones we spoke to even admitted that the others were extremely ban-happy.

Straw-ma, I never said you had to accept every single content revision request; But as a website that supposedly relies on individuals giving their imput; Why is so much of that imput disregarded?

I understand that english isn't your first language. That doesn't change the advantages of vocal debating. It simply means that those advantages wouldn't apply to certain individuals. Audio recorded? We would only do that if everyone involved consented. Your IP address? Do you have, any knowledge of how Google Hangouts or IP addresses work?

If only that were true in actual practice. Everyone doesn't a say in the matter. Everyone doesn't get to give input. And people are typically glanced over by the ego-inflated Administrators. Your evaluations have continually been downright wrong. And people who have disputed these ideals are always ignored.

Don't quote large blocks of text. And people just calm down. I know both sides have some bad blood, but c'mon both sides can handle this better.

Matthew Schroeder said:

"Demigra is not High 2-A."

No one within the call even attempted to argue for Demigra being 2-A. At all. You weren't even in the call; You weren't a part of the discussion whatsoever.

You are literally the poster child for how bias thinking can corrupt the mind. It's a shame that you've gone down this road of blatant bias, and illogical thought.

I don't care for addressing any of your other trivial points. I would appreciate it if you would actually bring something legitimate to the table.

It's amazing how I can just say I disagree with the opinions of regular people and be accused of literally every bad thing I can think of. ^_^

These are some really big accusations of the site being thrown around, calling us misguided and ego inflated, and while i am open to listen to the evidence, however can't say i don't have reservations about being attacked in this manner. I will try to open about this though, however i ask that people stop attacking our admins, this isn't acceptful, if we have faults point them out yes but calling an admin "the poster child for how bais thinking can corrupt the mind" isn't acceptful, we will hear your evidence but we won't just take abuse.

Also, if I keep adding random emphasis in certain words, then my opinio will suddenly appear more relevant and logical, regardless of what is actually contained within my text.

Is there anyone more civil who can be a representative in another thread? Someone who doesn't feel the need to insult others to get his point across? This will likely just devolve further.

Enter Anime Vs Comics, Stop Dragon Ball Downplay, or Battle Kingdom on Google+ and do word search for "Vsbattles", all you'll ever see as a result are people throwing fits of anger and calling us random names (Much like the thread creator did in the beginning) whenever we rank a character lower than they would want us to do.

Well thing is they aren't completely done with presenting evidence yet. They have good points but this likely will not have a CRT until tomorrow or Monday.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's amazing how I can just say I disagree with the opinions of regular people and be accused of literally every bad thing I can think of. ^_^
Disagreeing? No. You openly attacked us for nothing we ever said.

Okay guys can we just calm down for a sec and think carefully. We will get nothing done like this...

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, if I keep adding random emphasis in certain words, then my opinio will suddenly appear more relevant and logical, regardless of what is actually contained within my text.
Very funny. Resorting to an irrelevant attack on the way the sentence was written, rather than addressing the sentence itself? Emphasis allows a point to be more easily understood.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You didnt simply disagree, dont play victim. Nobody here is lying, you didnt simply disagree. Youre trying to provide refutations against arguments you didnt hear simply based on the fact that the topics at hand are things you disagree with. That is closemindedness

Youre making assumptions and accusations by antagonizing a community youve never heard,overgeneralizing a group of people you havent talked to and strawmanning.

"My opinions on the matter are contrary to yours and theirs, you don't get to try and silence me for expressing them."

You know,its been a while since Ive read something so ironic. Because you are directly shutting down arguments you havent heard and doing what you are complaining about

You are literally trying to silence arguments you have no heard

For the love of all that is good,please join a call tommorow. Even if you dont wanna talk,listen before you say this.

Notice how Matt never addresses whats actually being said too

You two are repeatedly furious that I look down on the opinion of Dragon Ball Fanboys and Wanker?

Again, what is the problem here? I say something is stupid, you two get offended I said it is stupid.

Life doesn't always go your ways, you should learn to not throw fits of anger whenever it doesn't go your way.

Alas, I suspect that when your revisions aren't accepted, and this discussion is closed, you will make a thread on your google+ community ranting at us, and visibly badmouthing us.

Celestial Pegasus said:
These are some really big accusations of the site being thrown around, calling us misguided and ego inflated, and while i am open to listen to the evidence, however can't say i don't have reservations about being attacked in this manner. I will try to open about this though, however i ask that people stop attacking our admins, this isn't acceptful, if we have faults point them out yes but calling an admin "the poster child for how bais thinking can corrupt the mind" isn't acceptful, we will hear your evidence but we won't just take abuse.
I'm simply trying to be as honest as possible. These are my experiences, and the experiences of many others; I've been trying to voice my concerns for years. Only to be drowned out time after time. I apologize if I'm going to be a little blunt in my words after trying for years to be polite.

In regardes to Matthew. He attacked us for zero legitimate reasoning. He took what we were claiming way out of context, and attempted to blatantly put words in our mouth; And then preceded to criticize us for things we didn't say; Without bringing any actual helpful discussion. I'm not going to pull the whole "But he started it!" argument; All I'm saying is that there's a reaso behind us being somewhat agressive.

This discussion is not going anywhere and is devolving into a mess.

Come back with your finished CRT. Until then, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back