• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Planeswalker (Magic: The Gathering) vs Nobody (BlazBlue) - 5th Strongest Low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for interest. I'd like to think I know Magic: The Gathering, but I haven't read the novels & such, nor have I done any lore-diving regarding it in a long while, & that profile helps enforce that perspective of mine.
Also, oh wow, I hate that format for The Planeswalker's P&A.

Bumping for interest. I'd like to think I know Magic: The Gathering, but I haven't read the novels & such, nor have I done any lore-diving regarding it in a long while, & that profile helps enforce that perspective of mine.
Also, oh wow, I hate that format for The Planeswalker's P&A.
Always the damn P&A... Thought it was the new requirement, I'll probably change it name Planeswalker CRT.

Sorry if my outspoken opinion was a bit harsh. If I made you upset, I do apologies.
Naw it's all good. I made a mistake in a recent CRT that it was the new mandatory format profiles needed to follow. Then I realized it was optional thing and everyone hated XD

Its not him 😔
images_-_2022-06-29T194146.969.jpeg

Milling is an invalid wincon as it represents madness, EE won't work, which is the usual counter to invincibility which is something she essentially has through attack negation, which would be stopped by a dovin's veto type ability, can't be -1/-1'd to death due to her status reduction resistance, an infinite turn combo won't work here due to time manip resistance. an aoe destruction spell won't work due to attack nullification, only valid wincon is if we allow additional wincons by cards, which isn't really vs battle applicable

this is, assuming that the player doesn't summon other planeswalkers into action or the three eldrazi titans
actually even this wouldn't work, her attack negation bs is essentially unstoppable in game, and the player can just spam summon things like infinite life combos and infinite mana and card combos through card combos, which I'm not sure if they are on the profile

actually even this wouldn't work, her attack negation bs is essentially unstoppable in game, and the player can just spam summon things like infinite life combos and infinite mana and card combos through card combos, which I'm not sure if they are on the profile
I'm thinking of Plot Manipulation and summoning Ur-Dragon who is a 6D I believe.

Imma say that Nothingness takes this, as she can feasibly attack before the planeswalker has the right spells and effects in their hand, or mind, and before they get enough mana to be essentially just as haxxed as her

Imma say that Nothingness takes this, as she can feasibly attack before the planeswalker has the right spells and effects in their hand, or mind, and before they get enough mana to be essentially just as haxxed as her
He has a passive that makes him untargetable by spells or abilities and he can passively react and cast against instantaneous things as well.

alright, with the leylines, here's the thing, going by strictly game terms to make this not just an incon, the chance of pulling one of those cards in your starting hand with an optimum deck of 60 is an 11.67% chance, pulling both of them in the staring hand is a 5.835% chance, in most cases, he won't get both of those down, and even in the case that he does, her striking strength is enough to allow her to deal massive damage before the planeswalker starts casting spells due to having to build up mana

alright, with the leylines, here's the thing, going by strictly game terms to make this not just an incon, the chance of pulling one of those cards in your starting hand with an optimum deck of 60 is an 11.67% chance, pulling both of them in the staring hand is a 5.835% chance, in most cases, he won't get both of those down, and even in the case that he does, her striking strength is enough to allow her to deal massive damage before the planeswalker starts casting spells due to having to build up mana
Well, when it comes to MTG profiles we don't follow the game mechanics. In lore, the only reason Planeswalkers just search through their memories for stuff. (For example, playing lands is just a Planeswalker remembering a place. And casting spells is just them thinking about casting sed spell.)

Well, when it comes to MTG profiles we don't follow the game mechanics. In lore, the only reason Planeswalkers just search through their memories for stuff. (For example, playing lands is just a Planeswalker remembering a place. And casting spells is just them thinking about casting sed spell.)
then this match is incon, there's legit no way either can win here

actually, by looking at the profile hax, instead of using my memorized card list, there's this:

actually, by looking at the profile hax, instead of using my memorized card list, there's this:

Oh ya, I guess that's an option.

Don' Blazblue have an infinite layered hax? How good is planeswalker resstance
Not enough to deal with infinitely layered hax, but at because they can cast and react to anything passively and can't be targeted by abilities the layered hax doesn't really mean anything.

I'm a big MtG guy myself. This looks interesting. So does the planeswalker basically have every Magic card ever made at their disposal? Sounds broken. The ability to just wish for anything should pretty much lock up anything needed to win. There's a card for everything.

I'm a big MtG guy myself. This looks interesting. So does the planeswalker basically have every Magic card ever made at their disposal? Sounds broken. The ability to just wish for anything should pretty much lock up anything needed to win. There's a card for everything.
I feel like Wish would run into the Shenron vs Saiyans problem; In lore, aren't the wishes granted by Djinns, & thus, the scope of those wishes limited by the Djinns themselves?

For the sake of argument, what win conditions can be achieved with the wishes? Because somehow I'm skeptical there'll be that many that'll be viable.

Yes, The Planeswalker has plenty of options to put down Nobody but Nobody can't really do much to The Planeswalker.

I feel like Wish would run into the Shenron vs Saiyans problem; In lore, aren't the wishes granted by Djinns, & thus, the scope of those wishes limited by the Djinns themselves?

For the sake of argument, what win conditions can be achieved with the wishes? Because somehow I'm skeptical there'll be that many that'll be viable.
Wishing to remove Nobody's Resistance to Resistance Negation, then using Resistance Negation to null all of her resistances.

The Wishes can do that? Basis?
Resistance Negation is already a thing in MTG, and cards exist that just straight up remove abilities including Protection from Everything (Which literally makes you immune to everything, even to 6D beings)

Wishing to replicate those effects would be easy enough.

The wishes are granted by the player not a Genie or anything like that. The wishes also have no limit on the power of card they can get as well. They just say get a card from outside the game.

There is a wish to get pretty much anything in Magic. Wishing for something like "Humble" which would take away all abilities and turn them into a 0/1 would neg all abilities.

The wishes are granted by the player not a Genie or anything like that. The wishes also have no limit on the power of card they can get as well. They just say get a card from outside the game.

There is a wish to get pretty much anything in Magic. Wishing for something like "Humble" which would take away all abilities and turn them into a 0/1 would neg all abilities.
If the wishes are granted by the player. a Planeswalker, who otherwise shouldn't be able to break Nobody's Resistance to Resistance Negation, then why should the Player/Planeswalker be able to break Nobody's Resistance to Resistance Negation WITH Wishes?

If the wishes are granted by the player. a Planeswalker, who otherwise shouldn't be able to break Nobody's Resistance to Resistance Negation, then why should the Player/Planeswalker be able to break Nobody's Resistance to Resistance Negation WITH Wishes?
Because Wishes would scale to 6D, but besides that, they have a few options.

1. Cast Mirror Box, Clone Nobody 50 time's over, that's basically a guaranteed gg.

2. Summong The Ur-Dragon, who is a 6D being who has every ability of every other dragon in MTG.

3. Sleep Manipulation (She doesn't resist it surprisingly enough.)

Don' Blazblue have an infinite layered hax? How good is planeswalker resstance
They don't, I have debated with Glassman about it before and it turned out that having infinite layers is no longer correct information

Anyways Nobody passively PIs gg? She can negate resistance and I don't see resistance to resistance neg on Planeswalker profile unless I miss sth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back