• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Film Theory Movie Sonic is BEST Sonic! (Sonic The Hedgehog 2019)-1558758961
Film Theory Movie Sonic is BEST Sonic! (Sonic The Hedgehog 2019)-1558758961

Results:

Radar Gun Speed: 760 mph = 0.990526 Mach

Starting EMP Speed: 1680 ft/s = 1.492898 Mach

Tower Bullet Time Speed: 72038 mph = 93.888827 Mach

Sonic's EMP: Comparable to a Nuke detonating in the Atmosphere

Assuming Sonic is like a charged particle Speed: 670616629 mph = 0.999999999427c

What do you guys think about these estimates?

Mat entirely assumed the "charged particle" gig when it hasn't been confirmed to be anything more than cool Sonic powers. If the movie says something about his electricity being centered around speed, then I'd be cool with it, but otherwise no thanks.

Everything else works for me.

Sonic claiming his power can be used to conquer the 'universe' is pretty interesting. His portal hax and electricity manipulation seems like it would amp him up quite a lot. I'm starting to think Movie Sonic will end up being overall as strong or stronger than Game Sonic's base form, assuming the universe statement is elaborated on and if his speed is truly SoL or even FTL.

Well, Movie Sonic looks like he has BFR and dimensional traveling via Rings in his skill set.

CryoTheMayo said:
Sonic claiming his power can be used to conquer the 'universe' is pretty interesting. His portal hax and electricity manipulation seems like it would amp him up quite a lot. I'm starting to think Movie Sonic will end up being overall as strong or stronger than Game Sonic's base form, assuming the universe statement is elaborated on and if his speed is truly SoL or even FTL.
I doubt he would surpass his base form not only that Game Sonic has the exact same hax and far superior so he wouldn't be surpassing him anytime soon.

It seems like Movie Sonic inherently has electricity manipulation and carries warp rings as part of his standard set. Game Sonic doesn't have such powers inherently, only with Item Boxes and I don't recall Game Sonic ever carrying or using warp rings as part of his equipment.

I'm questioning what Sonic means by people being able to use his power to rule the universe though. The implication would be that his powers are a greater energy source than other things like stars but we would need elaboration to understand what he means by it.

I overall think it's plausible that Movie Sonic could have statements or feats indicating he is stronger than base Games Sonic and he definitely has powers that Games Sonic lacks. Even if we consider item boxes, the electric shield is nowhere close to generating electrical fields and city-wide EMPs.

We'll have to wait and see where Movie Sonic will end up either way.

CryoTheMayo said:
It seems like Movie Sonic inherently has electricity manipulation and carries warp rings as part of his standard set. Game Sonic doesn't have such powers inherently, only with Item Boxes and I don't recall Game Sonic ever carrying or using warp rings as part of his equipment.

I'm questioning what Sonic means by people being able to use his power to rule the universe though. The implication would be that his powers are a greater energy source than other things like stars but we would need elaboration to understand what he means by it.

I overall think it's plausible that Movie Sonic could have statements or feats indicating he is stronger than base Games Sonic and he definitely has powers that Games Sonic lacks. Even if we consider item boxes, the electric shield is nowhere close to generating electrical fields and city-wide EMPs.

We'll have to wait and see where Movie Sonic will end up either way.
The ruling the universe isnt that impressive its just for plot nor doesnt imply its greater than stars. Most of his hax arent for It boxes and if so it still doesnt matter cause its hax also you cant assume movie sonic is stronger already that is nothing but an assumption. The EMP and portal hax is great but its not enough to compete with game sonic.

Game Sonic has way better hax than eletricity even as standard, Void already easily beats that for example

I doubt movie will be 5-B

Also Chaos Control is already way better than Warp rings that act like the Archie ones

I don't think anyone claimed Movie Sonic was superior hax-wise. All I said was that Movie Sonic seems to have better electricity manipulation and uses warp rings as part of his standard kit.

I also don't understand why in the world Khan is acting like I claimed Movie Sonic is stronger than Games Sonic. All I said is that it's possible for him to be stronger based on Sonic claiming his powers can be used to 'rule the universe', but that it requires elaboration in the film to understand what he means by it. At no point did I make a claim or assumption that this means he is stronger, just that he COULD be stronger.

The overall implication I am deriving from Sonic's claim is that he is a very powerful energy source, and if he has enough power to 'rule the universe' it brings into question other extremely potent sources of energy such as entire stars. This is the general discussion board after all, I'm merely speculating based upon what we know thus far.

CryoTheMayo said:
I don't think anyone claimed Movie Sonic was superior hax-wise. All I said was that Movie Sonic seems to have better electricity manipulation and uses warp rings as part of his standard kit.

I also don't understand why in the world Khan is acting like I claimed Movie Sonic is stronger than Games Sonic. All I said is that it's possible for him to be stronger based on Sonic claiming his powers can be used to 'rule the universe', but that it requires elaboration in the film to understand what he means by it. At no point did I make a claim or assumption that this means he is stronger, just that he COULD be stronger.

The overall implication I am deriving from Sonic's claim is that he is a very powerful energy source, and if he has enough power to 'rule the universe' it brings into question other extremely potent sources of energy such as entire stars. This is the general discussion board after all, I'm merely speculating based upon what we know thus far.
Again ruling the universe its just for plot sake. You dont how they are gonna rule the universe with that energy and we dont know how potent it is since all it did was cause am EMP wave which is basically 7-A. Everyone claims in fiction they ard ruling a universe but its never explained how they did so that wouldnt possible put him above Game Sonic no time so off "rule the universe" quote. That is just a classic villian quote.

You do realise you aren't even arguing anything right now, right? It's just musing over a line in a movie that hasn't even been released yet. Every single shot of the movie shows that Sonic's energy is unstable and that even a single spine from his body can discharge considerable energy. The entire plot of the movie and Sonic's fears stem from people using his body's powers to take control of the universe, with him going so far as to flee from his entire planet due to people trying to use him for it. We also know Robotnik has much scientific curiosity regarding Sonic's power. Hell, even using his powers for a single baseball game triggered a massive EMP.

We know literally nothing about the extent of his abilities other than:

1. Just simulating a baseball game with his speed can cause a massive continental EMP (as far as we know)

2. He can shred a high-tech tank to pieces casually, not even knowing he could do so (considering the implication that they don't even know how he survived it)

3. The entire plot revolves around the energy of his body being so powerful that others can use it as a source of immense power

4. He is faster than sound, and can seemingly move so fast that time itself seems to completely stop relative to him

All of his feats are pretty great, and all of them are casual as far as we can tell. The only times Sonic is actually trying is when his eyes turn blue and his body passively discharges electricity, and clearly see that his body is doing this to its greatest degree when he is going against Robotnik directly towards the end of the trailer.

Overall, all of his feats seem to be casual thus far, the entire plot revolves around his body being insanely dangerous due to its energy output and Sonic claims someone could 'rule the universe' with his powers, and no this shouldn't be treated as a generic villainous intent line. If it was some generic line, they would have just said 'rule the world', which would have made far more sense. Sonic is very clearly referring to the entire universe itself.

Regardless of the case, as I said before, just wait for the movie to come out. You yourself are making a ton of assumptions despite claiming I was assuming things, even though I made it quite clear that nothing can be really confirmed until the movie itself is out.

At this point, as far as we know? Sonic is at least 7-A and can very clearly go far beyond that, considering how much his energy pulsates and discharges when fighting at the end of the trailer.

CryoTheMayo said:
Every single shot of the movie shows that Sonic's energy is unstable and that even a single spine from his body can discharge considerable energy. The entire plot of the movie and Sonic's fears stem from people using his body's powers to take control of the universe, with him going so far as to flee from his entire planet due to people trying to use him for it.
That's an interesting twist to Sonic's character. Him being concern of being used, rather than raiding a stronghold. I wonder if it will play out well. Hopefully.

CryoTheMayo said:
You do realise you aren't even arguing anything right now, right? It's just musing over a line in a movie that hasn't even been released yet. Every single shot of the movie shows that Sonic's energy is unstable and that even a single spine from his body can discharge considerable energy. The entire plot of the movie and Sonic's fears stem from people using his body's powers to take control of the universe, with him going so far as to flee from his entire planet due to people trying to use him for it. We also know Robotnik has much scientific curiosity regarding Sonic's power. Hell, even using his powers for a single baseball game triggered a massive EMP.

We know literally nothing about the extent of his abilities other than:

1. Just simulating a baseball game with his speed can cause a massive continental EMP (as far as we know)

2. He can shred a high-tech tank to pieces casually, not even knowing he could do so (considering the implication that they don't even know how he survived it)

3. The entire plot revolves around the energy of his body being so powerful that others can use it as a source of immense power

4. He is faster than sound, and can seemingly move so fast that time itself seems to completely stop relative to him

All of his feats are pretty great, and all of them are casual as far as we can tell. The only times Sonic is actually trying is when his eyes turn blue and his body passively discharges electricity, and clearly see that his body is doing this to its greatest degree when he is going against Robotnik directly towards the end of the trailer.

Overall, all of his feats seem to be casual thus far, the entire plot revolves around his body being insanely dangerous due to its energy output and Sonic claims someone could 'rule the universe' with his powers, and no this shouldn't be treated as a generic villainous intent line. If it was some generic line, they would have just said 'rule the world', which would have made far more sense. Sonic is very clearly referring to the entire universe itself.

Regardless of the case, as I said before, just wait for the movie to come out. You yourself are making a ton of assumptions despite claiming I was assuming things, even though I made it quite clear that nothing can be really confirmed until the movie itself is out.

At this point, as far as we know? Sonic is at least 7-A and can very clearly go far beyond that, considering how much his energy pulsates and discharges when fighting at the end of the trailer.
Im not aruguung im just stating the fact they you were quick to make Movie Sonic above Game Sonic cause of the "rule the universe" quote in the movie. That could mean anything and world could mean planet or universe depending on the context. Im saying that a quote like that isnt meant for a feat and it meant for advance the plot and they have yet to study him. Not only that Sonic could be exaggerating so i wouldnt take that statement too lightly. Im not arguing over his feats im proving that the quote is a possible exaggeration or villain quote.

Please stop quoting my posts fully, starting to clog up the thread a bit here.

you were quick to make Movie Sonic above Game Sonic cause of the "rule the universe" quote in the movie.

No, I stated that the implications could mean he is above Game Sonic, due to him implying that he is a greater energy source than any other source present in the universe. There is no reason why someone who can utilise his energy can't utilise the energy of an entire star, for example and due to the claim being relative to the UNIVERSE it brings into question potential Sci-Fi technologies.

At no point did I claim he is above Games Sonic, I simply stated that the statement could mean as such with elaboration.

and world could mean planet or universe depending on the context.

World can mean planet or universe but universe only means universe in the context of English.

Im saying that a quote like that isnt meant for a feat and it meant for advance the plot and they have yet to study him.

And I am stating that Sonic's claim is pretty out there, as he implies his powers are capable of conquering more than just the world itself. He could be exaggerating, but nothing thus far indicates Movie Sonic exaggerates anything.

Also, as I said multiple times, it requires elaboration in the film itself to make it valid.

Im not arguing over his feats im proving that the quote is a possible exaggeration or villain quote.

The feats are me simply stating that Sonic seems to be pretty casually doing everything thus far, and we know he can go far beyond that. The more his energy is discharged, the more effort he seems to be putting in. When Sonic caused an North America-wide+ EMP, his eyes were only blue with some electricity but at the end of the trailer we see most of his body pulsating with energy and his eyes glowing vibrantly. His EMP feat, which is already pretty great as it's potentially 7-A, seems to be pretty casual for him.

It could be an exaggeration, but we have nothing indicating Sonic exaggerates things to such an extent.

Nothing indicates it's Sonic quoting a villain, it's simply Sonic claiming his powers can 'conquer the universe'.

And as I said countless times now, we need elaboration to see if his claims have any merit.

Regardless of the case, it seems like Sonic is actively trying to hide himself but still ends up accidentally causing a huge EMP by running a bit too hard and, again, he can clearly go far beyond that based on the trailer. He's definitely very strong already, but we need the film to elaborate on the extent of Sonic's powers and what he means by the universe being conquered.

The quote is villain related cause that is what villains due regardless if Sonic said it. Him saying "they will use it o conquer it" implying they have evil intention. No one would do that unless they are evil and since got Eggman in that movie that is more of reason to believe so. Ruling over something does depend. We don't know how they are gonna do it. They could do it by:

• Starting a war
  • mind controlling people
  • Creating an army of Robots to overcome many obstacles
  • putting fear in other inhabitants they live on other planets
  • causing destruction
Those are ways that someone can rule over something but those also take overtime so just saying here that Movie Sonic's powers ruling the universe would act like a miscellaneous feat than destructive so it wouldnt be that impressive anybow. The person i know who would do something like that is Dr.Eggaman since he is the "villain" of the story unless the movie shows off a surprise twist that catches you off guard. However like you said its all speculation we are making since the movie isnt release.

dude don't do anything until the got' dang movie comes out, i don't want him to be this tier or that tier then when things blow out of the water there's all these freaking revisions. let ends meet first. and this thread should be closed until then, a conquering of anything is a variant that requires the scans, measures and context and we got nothing but speculation going on here, the movie version of the character is always usually weaker than the source material, no way cinematic pennywise is lasting against the novel version, cinematic thanos gets body slammed by source material thanos.

Nobody said anything about making a profile for Movie Sonic or objectively scaling to any level. We're just discussing his feats and statements depicted thus far, and the implications.

So far, Sonic may be at least 7-A but seems like he can go far further and I have been discussing the notions of Sonic being used as an energy source (seeing as Sonic constantly brings up his 'powers' being misused by others) without making any supposed objective claims, simply observations.

Regardless, I'm interested in seeing more of Sonic's speed feats and whether they can be scaled, as well as the extent of his BFR with rings.

Any thoughts of the possibility on Movie Super Sonic and what tier he might be shown as?

Back