• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The MCU changes. Edit: Looks like we need to finalize some stuff and we need to do more work on the calcs

I'd appreciate it if everyone would stop derailing the thread with how bad these downgrades or why they're still here and suffering.

@Blue I'm saying they moved slower after it ended. That's exactly my point, they slowed down before they hit Iron Man.

ByAsura said:
I'd appreciate it if everyone would stop derailing the thread with how bad these downgrades or why they're still here and suffering.
@Blue I'm saying they moved slower after it ended. That's exactly my point, they slowed down before they hit Iron Man.
How is being slower only 100 feet before hitting titan making the calc 7-B??

Asura@ I mean yeah, it seems to be cinematic timing.

Or is there an actual logical reason for why the meteors would start to both drastically and suddenly slow down just before hitting Tony?

Yes, because there's no space stone effect on them. Also, it's still much slower than the space stone affected meteors in the same scene, so cinematic timing makes no difference.

@Blue Of course it would affect the calc, they're not moving at anywhere near the same speed.

Well the blue energy effecting them disappears, that energy is what allowed thanos to drag them to the planet so quickly, its entirely possible the speed of the meteorites was a product of the stones power and when released from it they could no longer maintain their accelerated speed. Basically the momentum the stones used to move the rockes wasn't presistant without their power.

Is there any evidence suggesting that the meteors slowed down? Because from my understanding Thanos simply pulled the meteors and they started crashing towards Titan.

Yes, I've already given the evidence. Even in the scenes where there's cinematic timing the meteors that haven't been affected by the space stone are slower. Also, you haven't given any evidence to the contrary.

Asura@ From which point?

The pulling scene is too short and bright to properly see how fast they go after being shot.

The next one, the meteors go from the moon atmosphere to Titan surface in like a second.

Is only in the Iron Man scene in which the meteors start to slow down.

You showed the wrong clip (although I accidentally forgot to include the time frame), it's this one, where Spider-Man and Doctor Strange are clearly moving and talking at regular speed while the meteors hit.

Asura@ I see a few of issues here tho.

First, the scenes are really inconsistent, one shows the meteors reaching titan in seconds, the other they are way to slow. It has to be decided which one we must pick.

Second, this is a later scene, the meteors that Thanos throw at Tony could be different from the ones that Spider-Man is "dodging" and Strange ignoring (They could fall from the moons debris over time).

Third, I still see no reason for why the rocks would start to slow down. Yes the stone amped the speed, but the debris were thrown from the vaccum of space, and Titan's high gravity should ouright increase their speed.

Fourth, can be for the whole sake of audiences to view properly what happens on screen, heck this is nothing new as Thor's lighning actually don't show to move at MHS+ yet we list it as that. Same applies to lots of verses here.

There are too many problems for assuming that the meteors suddenly slowed down. I do say we should stick to the 6-C calc.

Firstly, those ones were mostly the space stone amped meteors. There is a scene afterwards where they still go extremely fast when reaching Iron Man, but even then they're not moving at high enough speeds.

Second, we have no evidence of this. There's even a sound effect when Iron Man gets hit and he appears to be moving normally, meaning it's probably not cinematic timing.

Third, that's completely wrong. Titian does not have high gravity, it has low surface gravity because it's off its axis, that's why there's stuff floating. Also, there's no reason they shouldn't slow down either.

Fourth, this requires a lot of assumption to just say they were slowed down entirely for the viewers sake, the meteors were still moving incredibly fast previously, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to slow down the debris in a scene where Doctor Strange is just walking past. They still move somewhat slowly in comparison to everyone, anyway.

There's too many problems for them to be the same speed as well. No, you generally go with the safest and lowest bet when there's not enough evidence for either side.

This is going to take a huge while...

Well, you can call other staff members to see what they say until I bring my counter arguments tomorrow.

My ears are burning. Good grief.

In the shot before Iron Man gets hit by a meteor we still see them falling at a very high speed. Only until Iron Man gets hit by the meteor the meteor slows down.

Again, it's still nowhere near enough the previous speed when they're coming too Titan. That second point proves what I'm saying, if anything.

The characters and such are moving at the same speed, and so are the sound effects.

The meteors were slowed down for the sake of the audience seeing it. That doesn't necessarily apply to everything in the scene. This applies to a lot of calcs and verses.

Just like Thor's lightning doesn't necessarily be MHS+ when compared to other things in the same scene. It's slowed down for the audience to see.

Also as Newendigo said, I don't think there's a reason to assume that the meteors slowed down as they were hurled through the vacuum of space.

You've essentially just made that up.

Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not, like when we see it from afar. Plus, we actually have a valid reason to say it's faster than what's on screen, because it's literally lightning that moves at 4400 kilometres a second.

There is a reason to assume it's slower, because Thanos isn't using the Space Stone.

So there's a possibility the rocks have slowed, some people still think they got portaled and at the very least the meteorites don't look like they're traveling at full speed when they slam into iron man. Add onto this its the only feat in the entire verse that reaches 6c (Sutur's feat again wasn't his own doing and killed him) Why don't we scale them to their next best feat? the 7b storm creation?

Also we see the meteorites impact the ground, why don't we just calculate the energy they release on impact rather then doing all this math for ke. (The impacts sure don't look like mountain level impacts, and with all the funkyiness the spacestone brings into play it would probably give more consistent results)

The pen or the sword said:
Add onto this its the only feat in the entire verse that reaches 6c (Sutur's feat again wasn't his own doing and killed him) Why don't we scale them to their next best feat? the 7b storm creation?
Don't forget there's a High 6-B calc of Thanos crushing the Tesseract. It's an outlier but outliers are still a feat.

Ive never seen it done before.. but the calc gives me a few more questions. Can you link the tesseract calc, I have no idea where it's dura comes from and I can't find it.

I thought that the Tesseract calc can't be used since the Tesseract was stated to be heated to melt, but the timeframe was unknown.

From your blog Major problem with this calculation is that you're getting an answer in Watts and displaying the result in Joules. This feat isn't quantifiable without more information on the Tesseract.

As an example, if we assume the Tesseract is as dense as granite and has a specific heat coefficient of water (one of the highest materials in this category) then this would calculate out like this:

1. The Tesseract has a volume of 0.002 m^3 (0.12 m x 0.12 m x 0.12 m)

2. The Tesseract has a mass of 5.5 kg (0.002 m^3 x 2750 kg/m^3)

3. Water has a specific heat coefficient of 4.186 J/g K, meaning it'd take about 2.7e12 J or 660 Tons of TNT to heat the Tesseract to this temperature, not teratons

The emissivity just tells you how fast the Tesseract will lose this temperature, not how much energy it's tanking or emitting. You can't know that without a timeframe.

Thor after ring feat (Which still looks like a lifting strength feat to me and Im not sure we can scale) Is nearly killed by city level energy so its definitly an outlier even if it is usuable.

Back