• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Matrix: Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey, it's a better sequel then what we got

So, as of now, everyone in Reloaded is rated High 8-C+ based off of the KE of Neo. There is a problem with this however.

Kinetic Energy Feats states, you cannot use KE if....

The calculated kinetic energy value is heavily inconsistent with the rest of the cast in the series. EX: Quicksilver's calculated speed cannot be used to derive kinetic energy as it heavily contradicts his established power levels.
Now, let's look at the feats themselves.

Trinity

The Matrix Reloaded (6 6) Movie CLIP - Beat the Bullet (2003) HD
The Matrix Reloaded (6 6) Movie CLIP - Beat the Bullet (2003) HD

In this scene, we see Neo going at his absolute top speed to save trinity (Which is kinda calc stacking as this isn't the scene where his High Hypersonic+ feat comes from, but, eh, benefit of doubt)....

From getting shot in the gut by a bullet and proceeding to slam into a car on the street.

Now, there's an obvious dissonance in this scene. Trinity is clearly shown to be threatened by things much less powerful then a man going at Mach 88, and Neo knows for a fact if he doesn't go fast enough, trinity is going to die. This was built up from the beginning of the movie, and it's the whole impact. If she really was able to tank the KE of Neo ramming into her, this whole scene would dissolve completely. And, Neo isn't even attacking her in this sense, he's just grabbing her out of the air. That isn't an attack, so it shouldn't be treated as an AP feat, unless explicitly stated to be, which, it really isn't.

Keymaker and Morphius

The Matrix Reloaded (5 6) Movie CLIP - Truck Stop (2003) HD
The Matrix Reloaded (5 6) Movie CLIP - Truck Stop (2003) HD

In this scene, Morphius and Keymaker are pulled out just in the nick of time...

Out of the explosion of a truck. Which Neo considered threatening enough to increase his speed by like 30 times.

Again, we see these feats contradicted in the very scene they're in. But, there's an even bigger problem.

If Keymaker really was strong enough to tank this High 8-C+ KE, then, surely, literally anyone actually able to fight would scale up. Which means everyone in the first movie would logically scale, as Agents should be far superior to Keymaker.

You can see the problems with a complete fodder having a feat well beyond everything save the High 6-C+ God tiers.

Other stuff
Well, on the other hand, neo does do some clearly not 9-B stuff while he flies, such as creating a mini tornado as he soars to the ground, and shattering every nearby window as he flew to save trinity. However, needless to say, he never actually uses this in his fighting style, so it would just be Environmental Destruction anyways. It could be calced, yeah, but, not something I personally find worth it.

Also, is there any indication that anyone (besides Neo of course) actually got stronger? Trinity and Morpheus already were masters in Matrix combat for years before they pulled Neo out, so them getting thousands of times stronger within the span of months doesn't exactly make sense at all.

Conclusion
To summarize my point....

• These feats don't really qualify for KE standards as Neo isn't making an attack on the people involved
  • If they were valid, they're contradicted in the very scene they're in, and they're gigantic outliers that should absolutely be tossed regardless
As a result, everyone should have High 8-C removed from the profiles, while Neo's second key should probably just be "At least 9-B+, likely 9-A" using the current reasoning, as he should be a lot stronger then the 9 Megajoule feat the original smith was able to use him for.

Edit: Okay, now the speed feat itself is kinda invalid, since it's based on Neo outpacing the truck explosion, which... Isn't an Explosion, just combustion. He still has his Supersonic+ feat, which gets 9-A KE. I still insist that there's no real point to calcing his strength via flight.

I need approvals so I can get this overwith not memes about how I did a thing

I can't even find where the high 8-C rating is coming from looking at their profiles.

>so it would just be Environmental Destruction anyways. It could be calced, yeah, but, not something I personally find worth it.

It's not, the destruction is a direct consequence of his physical movement it's in no way specialized at all, at best you could argue that other characters shouldn't scale to this unless they're clashing with him at full speed ie: anyone not named Smith.

It's from tanking Neo's KE

He only causes such damage when he flies though, and nowhere near matches it physically. He doesn't even really ram into Smith, the most he does is blow them away at one point via a burst of flight, and I don't think that should equate to him going at maximum speed.

Actually, I just realized.

Neo's Mach 88 Feat is based off moving much faster then the truck explosion

One problem though, gas doesn't explode, it combusts, and sometimes undergoes heat expansion

Thereby, I'm not sure we can use the same speed in this case.

>It's from Neos KE

Yeah but there isn't even a calc linked to their profiles of it.

I remember them clashing multiple times at full speed, but I might be mixing up their battles. At worst it's the same ordeal from the MCU helicarrier feat; he can reach that level of AP with acceleration but isn't scalable to others because he never rams into people at full speed at least in that particular key.

It's on the speed calc itself

Also, yeah, I think you're thinking of the Revolutions fight, where Smith and Neo proceed to become Bootleg Dragonball

Eh... well, of course, then there's the issue I just brought up of the speedfeat itself being on shaky basis

As for the speed feat, it happens in compressed time and we know that both morpheus and the keymaker should be moving at several mph equal to the trucks speed before crashing due to conservation of momentum, so you might be able to recalc it based on that instead.

Hmm...

Yeah, I could probably do that. I'll be back.

Bump

Assuming nobody has any more objections, should this to be safe to go with?

Neo would be At least 9-B+, likely 9-A for how superior he is to everyone else, Smith would probably be 9-B+ for being able to damage Neo with his clones (though not that much), and everyone else would probably just lose their Reloaded keys entirely.

Everyone's now Supersonic+ scaling to Neo crossing 500 Miles in 15 minutes

Guess Neo isn't that superior speed wise in the second movie, even if he has an edge. I'm also fine with the changes, if that means much.

Eh, I'd think, if he had far higher feats like before it would make sense, but, either way, speedcalc's not valid so let's just keep where we are.

Assuming no one has any problems with this by tomorrow, I'll go through with the edits by then

of course, then again, before I do that I'll probably tackle Neo stopping some sentinels via TK

I think that DMUA's suggestions seem fine.

Actually, looking at it, the lifting strength values come from out of no where in general.

Class 10 and Class 50 both have no justification

Perp told me off-site it was scaling off of leaping through a dog pile of Smiths and carrying cars via flight, but, flight isn't exactly TK, and even as a high ball assuming there were like 50 Hugo Weavings, 50 times.... I can't actually find his weight, so just 70 Kilograms, would only be 3500 Kilograms, Class 5

A more reasonable assumption, assuming I don't just mentally flog myself by trying to count them all out, 30 Weavings, only gets 2100 Kilograms

I guess I can go through with this.

Went through everything, thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back