• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, I didn't know enhanced senses and perceptions were something all Hylians had. Always believed Link in particular had that talent.

IMO the pages look great

Yeah it even talks about how their telepathic messages travel through time and space and stuff.Guess that's more proof the Light World is a Universal Continuum but I digress

TartaChocholate said:
Huh, so they have actually sharp senses
Yes.

HH I believe states that the Hylians have pointed ears so they hear the messages of the gods or something like that.

But there long ears do give them better hearing abilites.

They don't have telepathy though.

It was OoT that said that the pointed ears are to listen to the gods.

It was the ALTTP manual that stated that Hylians have enhanced senses.

If you can find an ability that's "the character can focus really hard on his opponent", then yeah. But Z-targeting is really nothing more.

I always thought Z-targeting was Link's warrior instincts kicking in, making him hyperfocused, and allowing him to bring out his strength to kill his opponent.

Theglassman12 said:
@Warren can't that be said for like any other game with a lock on system?
IDK, Zelda always gave me the feeling that it was apart of the lore or something, while other games just gave me the sensation that it was simply a game mechanic.

All hylians have telepathy bruh. How else do they communicate with link if they dont emit sounds? Ever thought of thaaaaat? Ovo

@Pachi boi you don't know what Morse Code is? Hylians learned it in the ancient art of grunts and screams.

Pretty sure grunt is a regional dialect of Hylian within the Twilight era. The Golden Era had it displaced with Shout and Yell. Cannot remember the rest, though.

Joy of joys! I finally managed to get my hands on Breath of the Wild. Very nice, very big, and the endless options in this game makes my head spin in the best of ways.

Why, for instance, I decided to spend over two and a half in-game days just throwing bombs at an immobile Guardian to chip damage it to death. Just because I could.

Endless opportunities.

Breath of the Wild is an absolutely fantastic Master Piece; definitely one of the best, if not the best game ever made IMO. A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger are pretty much the competition for personal reasons

Personally, I was very disapointed in Breath of the Wild for reasons that I could on for hours upon hours about - but won't.

And A Link to the Past is the only Zelda game that I regretted purchsing, so that should explain how much love I have for that game.

Ocarina of Time is my second favorite of the series.

Never played Chrono Trigger tho.

Oh, have you guys played Underhero?

It's a 2-D sidescrolling RPG with timing-based combat.

The game plays like a Paper Mario game, but its plot progression is very Zelda inspired - I think you guys would like it a lot if you like either Zelda or Paper Mario.

Chrono Trigger used meter based combat, not traditional turn based.

Doesn't the game explicitly say that "Haste" reduces the time of the turns? Anyway, let's not derail this with Chrono Trigger.

Any news that I may have missed about Link's Awakening since the Direct?

TriforcePower1 said:
Doesn't the game explicitly say that "Haste" reduces the time of the turns? Anyway, let's not derail this with Chrono Trigger.
Any news that I may have missed about Link's Awakening since the Direct?
Not that I know of - probably going to be more info at E3.

To the surprise of nobody, Nintendo have confirmed that the LA remake will be playable at E3. Expecting a lot of new footage to see what changes they've made besides the graphics, I'm specifically hoping they show that they've fixed the equipment issue that the original had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back