• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyrule jp
According to what Google Translate is telling me, this explicitly says that Hyrule is a world and that the Kingdom of Hyrule is a country inside of it. If this is true, well, I now have the final piece of evidence to let Zelda join DMC and GOW...

This is from here, the official japanese Zelda website, which is full of statements like like "the world of Hyrule" or "The two mirror worlds: Hyrule and Lorule" etc.

In bleach 3 "worlds" were going to be destroyed and are maintained by Yhwach's corpse.

You know what I mean.

PaChi2 said:
Dood, that will only get you to planet sized Hyrule.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Well, Azzy already agreed that Hyrule in a certain context can mean universe. All I need to find is many, many other instances of Hyrule being referred to something else than just the kingdom like this wiki believes

Okay, after using RomajiDesu to understand better what the single characters say, I think I made an error when interpreting the google translate gibberish. It says that The kingdom of Hyrule is the country of the Hylias, not the country inside Hyrule (though that's obviously implied).

First part is still valid though: "A world created by Gods and built on Triforce."

TriforcePower1 said:
PaChi2 said:
In bleach 3 "worlds" were going to be destroyed and are maintained by Yhwach's corpse.

You know what I mean.
Why is he 5-C then? That screams outlier.
Yhwach's 5-C rating comes from him casually lifting the Wandenreich.

I believe the argument used to disporve this feat was by a scan stating that the collapse of all three worlds was done by disturbing the flow of souls or something, so it isn't an AP feat - however, I have also heard that the scan that says that is a mistranslation.

Yhwach, and all of Bleach's God Tiers, are getting a CRT shortly - using not only the proper scans, but evidence from the recent Light Novels as well.

Anyway, I don't understand why 3-A Zelda was not a thing.

>The Sacred Realm was turned into the Dark World via the Triforce as stated in ALTTP.

>The Dark World/Sacred Realm is a parallel world to the Light World as stated in literally everything.

>The Light World is the main Zelda universe where all the games mostly take place in

That's all the evidence that should be needed. Everything else is just extra fluff.

Hell, on the GG's pages, we rate them 2-C for creating all those universes.

Kinda draws my attention how everyone is going universal at this point and keeps pushing further based on information snips or one off statements, yet here we are.

I'm a bit confused: Light World is the Universe, Hyrule is the Planet and Kingdom of Hyrule is the Country?

TartaChocholate said:
I'm a bit confused: Light World is the Universe, Hyrule is the Planet and Kingdom of Hyrule is the Country?
Light World is the universe, Hyrule is a country with a Kingdom inside of it.

According to this interview , the planet is just called Earth. Although a lot of this interview is supposed to be comedic and not taken seriously, there are some facts thrown around in there - so this might be one of them.

Light World from what I remember isn't accepted as meaning the universe on this site. In previous upgrade threads the whole Dark World=Light World=Universe thing was rejected since most people didn't think there was enough proof that the Light World was actually the whole universe

So if:

Earth = Planet

Hyrule = Country

What does that make the Light World? The fact that there is a direct parallel world that mirrors it screams universe to me.

Hyrule is also the universe. I'm writing a blog about that. Just to say a couple of things, it's directly stated to be a world both in HH and in the Japanese website, ALBW's use of "Kingdom of Hyrule" and "Hyrule" in two different ways (Kingdom for the kingdom and Hyrule for the world that mirrors Lorule, who also follows this "name convention"), and, to a lesser extent, ALTTP and TP (Always Japanese because NoA uses "Kingdom of Hyrule" and "Hyrule" pretty arbitrarily not following the Japanese distinction which is the entire reason we're discussing about this). In games where the themes of parallel worlds is present, the distinction is made very explicitly, whereas in games where this theme is completely lacking, like WW, the kingdom is just called "Hyrule".

The real cal howard said:
I mean, tbh, what else could it be? Hyrule is the country and Earth is the planet.
You cant have a country with a kingdom inside. You simply cant.

Yes but there were capitals.

On a related note, the capital of the African country Djibouti is called Djibouti.

TriforcePower1 said:
Kingdom of Egypt

Not exactly a kingdom but close enough
The moment you become a vassal of the Empire you can call yourself whatever you want. Its the same as any other region.

Dust Collector said:
I personally think Light World is another name for Kakariko Village ovo.
Well, Cuccos are High 2-A, possibly low 1-C, and being affected by the Triforce is widely considered PIS. ovo

Egypt was different as it became a personal possession of the emperor. But during the Roman republic, even when it was under Rome, it still kept kings and queen, more notably Cleopatra.

Not that this matters here anyway as Hyrule is the universe whereas the "Kingdom of Hyrule" is the kingdom in games that feature parallel worlds.

Dust Collector said:
Light World from what I remember isn't accepted as meaning the universe on this site. In previous upgrade threads the whole Dark World=Light World=Universe thing was rejected since most people didn't think there was enough proof that the Light World was actually the whole universe
The GG being 2-C proves that we do consider the Light World as a universe.

There is no other fictional universe where the universe isn't assumed to be 3-A unless directly stated or shown otherwise. Saying that the Light World isn't 3-A because "it hasn't shown itself to be" is contradictory to profiles for the God Tiers and is an extreme bias against the verse since that isn't the logic shown with every other franchise on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back