• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The incomplete god of darkness gets a boost (Dark Gaia upgrade)

So, Gaia Colossus is currently rated as Low 1-C via scaling to casual The End. I’m not gonna dispute that, but I will point out that Dark Gaia in every form outside of perfect is merely rated as Low 2-C, which makes him over infinitely weaker than GC.

This is despite the fact that Semi Perfect DG can evenly grapple with GC, took an absolute barrage of punches from GC, and can damage and eventually kill the colossus with its meteors and beams.

Simply put, Semi-Perfect Dark Gaia should be upgraded. Either as Low 2-C, at most Low 1-C, or just flat at most Low 1-C.

As a result, base Sonic’s fight with him would have to be re-evaluated. Either Semi-Perfect’s eyes are only Low 2-C, or the entire fight with base Sonic just gets labeled an outlier.

That’s it.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

I remember pointing out this inconsistence awhile ago. I agree that Dark Gaia and Gaia Collosus should be the same tier, however I don't know which tier that would be. I think either Gaia Collosus should be downgraded to low 2-C (not scaling it to Perfect Dark Gaia and instead just normal) or Dark Gaia should be upgraded to low 1-C.

Personally, I think I side with the downgrade, and giving it a "at most low 1-C" due to being a punching bag for Perfect Dark Gaia.

Tbf GC has its own showing where it can overcome PDG’s super laser beam with high diff and then smack it around after.

Something like SPDG ~ GC < PDG

That's why I agreed with an "at most low 1-C" together with the low 2-C rating. The scaling to regular Dark Gaia is just more solid.
Yeah, if LG wasn’t at least relevant to full power DG there’s no way he would be able to keep DG contained for the eons he did.

But if you’re proposing LG be downgraded to Low 2-C up to Low 1-C I can get that.

Yeah, if LG wasn’t at least relevant to full power DG there’s no way he would be able to keep DG contained for the eons he did.
But the cycle isn't "Light Gaia beats Perfect Dark Gaia", but that Perfect Dark Gaia destroys the world and Chip rebuilts it. Pickle was hopeless once Dark Gaia reached its perfect form.

(Plus in game Chip literally loses without Sonic's help).

Yeah that should be fine, I mean Base Dark Gaia’s already far superior to the Low 2-C’s he’s scaling from and his feats against Gaia Colossus

Yeah that should be fine, I mean Base Dark Gaia’s already far superior to the Low 2-C’s he’s scaling from and his feats against Gaia Colossus
I guess this can be wrapped in with a semi-downgrade of Gaia Colossus then, If enough people agree with Low 2-C to possibly Low 1-C. The other question is how Sonic's fight with Semi-Perfect should be handled, as well as Egg Dragoon being amped by Dark Gaia energy and Werehog Sonic providing the energy needed for DG to reach semi-perfect.

As a result, base Sonic’s fight with him would have to be re-evaluated. Either Semi-Perfect’s eyes are only Low 2-C, or the entire fight with base Sonic just gets labeled an outlier.
I may remember wrong, but when Dark Gaia takes away Sonic's energy, Sonic is left weak, and after using the super form, he faints, which would indicate that the Base Sonic he fought was probably weak.
I also remember a guide that said precisely that Sonic was not at his maximum strength when he fought,
If true, then Dark Gaia's eyes shouldn't even scale to Sonic Base, and would just be unknownly weaker.
But no matter how much I search, I can't find the guide in question.
Does anyone know in which official guides Sonic Unleashed is mentioned? I just reviewed the "Sonic Unleashed: Prima Official Game Guide" but it focuses purely on how to beat the game

Back