• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, just finished the 2012(?) anime to see what all the hubub was about and found it rather eh. Though I must say, Wamuu's pretty cool. Anyway, to the fight! (Gonna just copy/paste a bit from my last Stain match)

Speed Equalized, Fight takes place in a secluded allyway in some generic timeless city with both combatants standing ten meters apart. Both are in-charater, are fully equiped. Base JoJo. No prep time or previous knowledge, just a completely random encounter. Victory via any means.

Chizome Akaguro

Jonathan Joestar

I feel like Jonathan takes it more often than not.

Stain can't see his stand. Hamon seems like an effective one shot. And Jonathan has decent regen.

Stain, if he gets his quirk, which isn't unlikely give his plethora of ranged weapons, could wail on him and get some crucial hits in. But Johnathan still has regen to recover. But I guess that Stain can keep licking his blood to keep him paralyzed once he's done so once. Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I think Johnathan has to consciously use his regen.

Kinda interesting, as if Stain lands a single attack, he wins, and if Johnathan lands a single attack with Hamon, he wins. I guess it comes down to who's more skilled, and how much Stain not being able to see stands will hinder him.

Remember when Dio used a copy of Hermit Purple in the first episodes of Stardust Crusaders? Well, originally, Araki planned to give Dio every Stand of the Arcanas, but then he scrapped that concept, and just confirmed that what Dio used there was Jonathan's (body's) Stand.

I believe that the Stand has no official name either. It's sometimes referred to as "Hermit Purple 2" or something like that, or as "The Passion" in the Jorge Joestar Novel, but that's another thing altogether.

Oof. Dio would've been broken as all heck with all of the Arcana stands lol. I get it now though it would've made more sense for The World to have been Jonathan's Stand to justify Star Platinum's temporal shiz.

The real cal howard said:
Oof. Dio would've been broken as all heck with all of the Arcana stands lol. I get it now though it would've made more sense for The World to have been Jonathan's Stand to justify Star Platinum's temporal shiz.
Iirc it was kinda confirmed that Hermit Purple is a stand connected to hamon, so at least it served its purpose of partially retconnecting Hamon to stands. Or something, honestly Araki didn't care much which is the reason Part 7 and 8 exist.

Well, Jorge Joestar calls it to be "The Passion" which is kinda like Hermit Purple but not entirely

Fine.

So, both win if the manage to hit the other first. Stain because he can just go and kill Jonathan while Johnny because of Hamon mindhax. I'd give it to stain more times than not.

He just fought more, probably has more skill, Swords and throwing knives mean ranged options more than Jonathan, who only has Zoom Punch, and Jonathan isn't really all that good with Pluck.

It's close, but I'd give it to him more times than not.

Back