• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great White Shark VS. T-Rex

EMagoIorSouI

They/Them
Trexvs
I've always wanted to see these two fight as a kid.
The White Shark ambushes the T-Rex, without it knowing, and the shark is as well as large, or is at least nearly as large as the T-Rex.

Speed in unequalized.

Shark - 7

T-Rex - 0

Inconclusive - 1

Note: The picture on the right does not replicate the battle environemt. Enviroment explained below.

If we're counting Meg i think the Shark could win due to being heavier and having a stronger bite, if not the Rex has Shark Fin Soup tonight.

Well, the shark is near the Rex's size, or even as big as it, so I suppose it's a small Megalodan, I'll count that as a vote for the Shark I guess.

T-Rex is most definitely a terrestrial predator first and foremost.

Voting Shark for environmental advantage, assuming that it's in sufficiently deep water. Otherwise, voting T-Rex.

Other than that, I'll wait for OP to specify more about the battlefield the fight takes place in.

If the T-rex is on the edge of land, the Shark is in the water right next to the land, then it really depends on the situation. Is it relatively deep water right next to a wall of solid land mass with the top, where the T-rex is at, just hovering over the surface, then the T-rex is more likely to just fall in the water and get beaten by the shark. But if they were at the beach, where it's sloped, then the shark is more likely to get washed up on the beach and get stomped by the T-rex.

I'm going inconclusive for now, at least until the scenario can be specified a little better.

The scenario and environment is much more suitable for the Shark than the T-Rex for an advantage.

The water is about 20 feet deep.

No land surrounds the area.

The environment is perfect for the shark to stay stealth and/or ambush.

The shark is so much smaller. And the Rex's bite is unimaginably strong. If someone tapped you with as much pressure as a Rex's bite, you wouldn't only be a mash of white and red but also in a smashed crater larger than your entire body if rock/concrete was beneath you. No way the Shark survives that.

The Shark has the area advantage though; is more likely to make T-rex fall in the water than for the the Shark to end up washed on dry land.

The Rex could easily pick up the shark with its jaws if the shark tries to get in close; the shark needs to get into close quarters to be able to do any damage, and the Rex has greater range thanks to being so much bigger.

The Shark has a massive maneuverability advantage. And actually, their both already in the water. So shark already has the advantage here. T-Rex can barely even breathe in this scenario.

It's not really something insane. The T Rex could probably swim. And things do not just drown that quickly, especially reptiles. The Shark would be in the dinosaurs stomach before it needs to swim up probably.

Well, the great white shark has a bite that can rival that of a T-rex. And it's faster. And iirc the fight takes place in water so the shark is more mobile and can swim circles around the T-rex and rip off chunks of flesh. Close but the shark does win.

Actually, the T Rex has a higher bite force. It's so much smaller than it, it would just be like a tiger shark biting off chunks of a beluga whale. I can't see the shark winning in any way.

CCFB said:
Actually, the T Rex has a higher bite force. It's so much smaller than it, it would just be like a tiger shark biting off chunks of a beluga whale. I can't see the shark winning in any way.
The T-rex does have a higher bite force but the shark's bite isn't that weaker. The shark has better mobility and better vision in water. It also can breath underwater while the T-rex can't. The T-rex is much longer, but isn't that much heavier than the shark that weighs 3+ tons.

Hyper Anon said:
CCFB said:
The T-rex does have a higher bite force but the shark's bite isn't that weaker. The shark has better mobility and better vision in water. It also can breath underwater while the T-rex can't. The T-rex is much longer, but isn't that much heavier than the shark that weighs 3+ tons.
Tyrannosaurus could weigh up to 8 tons. It was much heavier.

Kiryu2012 said:
Hyper Anon said:
CCFB said:
Tyrannosaurus could weigh up to 8 tons. It was much heavier.
The water would make the rex's vision blurrier since it's land based. And the shark can easily swim around the T-rex and use it's superior intelligence to bite off chunks of flesh until the T-rex is weak and the shark can bite a chunk of flesh off the dinosaur's leg causing it to sink and drown.

Larger bite =/= stronger bite, especially if the smaller bite is faster. They both yield about the same kinetic energy. Additionally, speed usually has more priority of power; it just how it is.

Also the T-rex's bite is useless (which is it's main weapon) since it can't open it's mouth underwater, it's only hope is to kick the shark in the head (which could kill the shark) or hit it with it's tail.

Hyper Anon said:
Also the T-rex's bite is useless (which is it's main weapon) since it can't open it's mouth underwater, it's only hope is to kick the shark in the head (which could kill the shark) or hit it with it's tail.
You can bite underwater without having to breathe, man. The Tyrannosaurus isn't going to drown as soon as it puts its head underwater.

Kiryu2012 said:
Hyper Anon said:
You can bite underwater without having to breathe, man. The Tyrannosaurus isn't going to drown as soon as it puts its head underwater.
Water will get into it's mouth. It can bite the shark but it would be hard doing it and it would have to constantly hold it's breath. If it opens it's mouth all the air would go out of it's mouth. The shark can bite the rex until it bleeds, sinks, and drowns.

Hyper Anon said:
Really? Source? And, yeah, but it's not something insane. The T-Rex probably knew how to swim and wouldn't instantly die. And what? The T Rex is massively larger.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Larger bite =/= stronger bite, especially if the smaller bite is faster. They both yield about the same kinetic energy. Additionally, speed usually has more priority of power; it just how it is.
Except that the T. Rex has a stronger bite anyways and is stronger in every way, regardless of K.E calculations.

Water will get into it's mouth. It can bite the shark but it would be hard doing it and it would have to constantly hold it's breath. If it opens it's mouth all the air would go out of it's mouth. The shark can bite the rex until it bleeds, sinks, and drowns.

People have killed small Sharks underwater. The T Rex will not instantly die if it's in water, it can bite just as much as in water as on land. I don't think you understand how that works; literally one bite is all it takes and the T. Rex would still be mobile in water.

CCFB said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
Except that the T. Rex has a stronger bite anyways and is stronger in every way, regardless of K.E calculations.

People have killed small Sharks underwater. The T Rex will not instantly die if it's in water, it can bite just as much as in water as on land. I don't think you understand how that works; literally one bite is all it takes and the T. Rex would still be mobile in water.
People killed small sharks underwater with weapons. Not the great white shark. Also a human run up to 15 mph, but iirc they could only swim 5 mph. The T-rex is going to be slower in water. It's moblity would be limited and it would have difficulty seeing the shark. And it has to hold it's breath for a long time.

Back