• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Odyssean Quest to Downgrade God of War ⌈Part 2⌋

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Weather Manipulation: clearly Fujiwara is responsible for 9/11, someone should report that. In other news, I think they probably meant something with this, but it doesn't have any clear implication of being Kratos' doing, so remove it.
  • Sleep Manipulation Resistance: Self-explanatory, I have no complaints with removing it, kill it.
  • Madness Manipulation Resistance: Similarly extremely straightforward. Nuke the ability from orbit, its the only way to be sure.
With that, I think we've reached a solid consensus here. I can apply the edits the moment Kratos' profile is unlocked.

One question though. Multiple people have voiced support for removing madness manipulation from the Furies as well, although that wasn't in the OP. Should I remove it from their pages, or do we not have enough votes for that?

What's the tally on that? The argument of the OP essentially said that, although the section only explicitly mentioned doing it with Kratos. My own opinion is that, yes, obviously it ought to be removed.

What's the tally on that? The argument of the OP essentially said that, although the section only explicitly mentioned doing it with Kratos. My own opinion is that, yes, obviously it ought to be removed.
You, Deagon, and Grath all think madness manipulation should go. Glass thinks it should stay, given he thinks the resistance to it should stay. No other staff member has commented on the issue. So it'd be 3-1 in as far as agreements and disagreements go.

3-1 is probably enough, may be worth leaving this open for a few hours extra in case anyone wants to speak their mind on the subject.

Not only is this just not a counter to the above, but it doesn't contradict anything at all.

The mind by default is a part of the soul in God of war, and it's made clear that each Fury attacks a certain aspect of existence.

It's clear that's he's insane, you don't need everything to be spoon fed to you, right? Your intelligent enough that the game doesn't need to tell you he's insane.

You yourself said that Kratos can't help but believe in such illusions, the fact that's he's able to see through it is just as a feat.

Regardless, it's not the main reasoning behind his resistance.
"Not only is this just not a counter to the above, but it doesn't contradict anything at all."

Yes it is a counter, it is not madness manipulation, they are not using madness manipulation, they are simply using ILLUSIONS to the minds of their enemies. Makes zero sense, to assume illusion manipulation that induces "madness" is not them literally manipulation madness. You are the one making this fake assumption base on things that aren't there.

"The mind by default is a part of the soul in God of war, and it's made clear that each Fury attacks a certain aspect of existence."

That statement doesn't prove soul manipulation, it is a way to claim that his mind was suffering. In game there is no soul manipulation show case. Always physical torture, and mind based illusion. "Soul" here is clear that it doesn't mean that.

"It's clear that's he's insane, you don't need everything to be spoon fed to you, right? Your intelligent enough that the game doesn't need to tell you he's insane."

PROVE IT!, keeping records in is prison cell that does not prove he is insane, PROVE IN THE GAME that he his insane.

"
You yourself said that Kratos can't help but believe in such illusions, the fact that's he's able to see through it is just as a feat.
Regardless, it's not the main reasoning behind his resistance."

Are you blind to the point to ignore the evidence presented? Or are you incompetent to the point not to understand what is presented to you? HE GETS FOOLED BY THE ILLUSIONS AND ONLY GETS OUT ONCE HE SEES THE RING ON THE FURIE FINGER, that is a weakness of their illusion that can be easily exploited, you do not need to overpower such an illusion that is so obviously fake. He doesn't see through them until he has the eyes of truth, every time before, he gets fooled by illusions. I clearly debunked notions above.
The first evidence you provided, never states or proves say prisoner, is mad. He just keeps record. In the second evidence, that is not overpowering anything, the illusion of the furies are obvious for kratos to break apart (he doesn't overpower anything), he gets fooled by the illusion only until he sees the weird ring on that spartan. It is a common recurring thing, when the queen of the fury transforms into his deceased wife, he gets fooled by such illusion but only discover it's not true upon seeing the ring on the furie finger. In the second evidence you gave it's very easy not to get fooled by such nonsense illusions, she literally transforms into that spartan "king" that kratos already saw threw before, that fury later literally transform into kratos himself after transforming into that spartan "king". And that is all in context when that fury's pet was killed by kratos using the eyes of truth, you can see their illusion around the surrounding stops.

You, Deagon, and Grath all think madness manipulation should go. Glass thinks it should stay, given he thinks the resistance to it should stay. No other staff member has commented on the issue. So it'd be 3-1 in as far as agreements and disagreements go.
3-1 is probably enough, may be worth leaving this open for a few hours extra in case anyone wants to speak their mind on the subject.
It's 6-1 for madness manip, 5-1 for Sleep and 6-0 for Weather. Firestorm, Maverick, and Abaddons votes were missed.

Last edited:
Okay, as Bambu said I think 3-1 is fine for removing it. The current justification just links to an author statement of the guy saying they drive people insane which clearly isn't good evidence. They can make a CRT down the road to reinstate it if they see fit.

The rest has clearly been accepted, so feel free to apply it and we can move on to the next chunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back