• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Odyssean Quest to Downgrade God of War ⌈Part 1/God Only Knows How Long This Will Take⌋

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still unsure about that, since we still see the pool of poison disappear before Kratos is able to shrug it off. There's also not a frame of reference for how this poison would work on a regular human, so it's hard to tell if what Kratos is doing is anything notable. Still, I can kind of see where you're coming from, so I'd accept a limited resistance if that's what staff decides to go with. Maybe the justification could be something like

Anyway, while he's still damaged by it, can he have a limted resistance for being able to remove it?
There is no limited resistance. Even if it is a resistance that you have to activate or that is not passive (make some movement) it is still just resistance, it is not "Limited".

The page itself mentions this type of resistance and does not say "Limited" or anything like that.
With some characters, resistances and immunities may need to be activated, rather than something that is constantly up and useful. In these cases, it should be mentioned - the same goes if the resistance only applies to certain parts of the user's body.

Just gonna ask, when are the accepted upgrades from the other thread gonna be implimented? Also I feel like this thread is pretty much done, until the Grace ends, unless More counter arguemnts comes with new staff voting.

Just gonna ask, when are the accepted upgrades from the other thread gonna be implimented? Also I feel like this thread is pretty much done, until the Grace ends, unless More counter arguemnts comes with new staff voting.
I'll probably tackle the agreed upon removals from last thread once Kratos' profile is unlocked to apply the changes from this thread.

There is no limited resistance. Even if it is a resistance that you have to activate or that is not passive (make some movement) it is still just resistance, it is not "Limited".
Okay so this is starting to jeer off-topic so I think we should redirect the conversation back to the GOW specific stuff after this, as, you seem to be contending the entire principle of limited resistance.

The way I see it, the word is just an adjective. It’s a descriptor. In the very section you quote it clearly says:
With some characters, resistances and immunities may need to be activated, rather than something that is constantly up and useful. In these cases, it should be mentioned - the same goes if the resistance only applies to certain parts of the user's body.
Specifying that it is a limited resistance is the way we “mention it.” Though I agree, given how common it is to specifically use the word limited, I think it should be standardized on the Resistance page. I will create a thread to change that within the next week. In light of that, let’s leave this discussion for that thread.

I personally use it in instances where a character is affected by something, but is clearly withstanding it better than someone with no resistance at all would be able to. So I'll ask again if there's any further context as to the nature of the poison that could be used to conclude that Kratos is shrugging it off more effectively than a regular person would be able to.

I personally use it in instances where a character is affected by something, but is clearly withstanding it better than someone with no resistance at all would be able to. So I'll ask again if there's any further context as to the nature of the poison that could be used to conclude that Kratos is shrugging it off more effectively than a regular person would be able to.
Might be wrong but i think all we have is the fact the tail is that of a serpant

Against my better judgment, I decide to look at this myself and well... I pretty much share Abaddon's sentiments. That is to say, nuke the Power Absorption and Causality Manipulation (replace the latter with Time Manipulation), and give Kratos a Limited Resistance to Poison Manipulation

Also sorry for not keeping track of the tally. Fuji's got it covered thankfully, because I somehow stopped getting notifs for this thread...

We're pretty close to grace right about now, and Glass is unable to comment (although I did tell him I would wait for him to be available before starting the next thread), so is there anything else that needs to be done or am I good to apply the edits once the waiting period is up?

Castor and Pollux have Casualty Manipulation for the same reason, as such, it should be removed if Kratos's is removed as well.
Already taken care of.
Grace is over, so this can be applied now. Do you need any pages unlocked?
I've applied the edits, so Kratos' page may be locked and this thread can be closed. Thank you to everyone that helped out here.

Wait, one second. Kratos still has resistance to sleep manipulation from resisting the Fates' abilities. Should I remove that, since the Fates no longer have sleep manipulation?

Are we done here now?
I believe so, yes. I'll have another thread up soon-ish, though that depends on when Glass is available.
Just curious, did you also add The accepted downgrades from last thread?
No, I feel like that'd cause some controversy considering that thread technically never concluded.

I believe so, yes. I'll have another thread up soon-ish, though that depends on when Glass is available.

No, I feel like that'd cause some controversy considering that thread technically never concluded.
I meant like the once that was accepted by Planck and the others, For example the immortality 1 negation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back