• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School wank revisions (I've long since lost all grip on reality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azontr

He/Him
Yo.

Me and @Maitreya (big shout out to him) have been working on some potential ability additions for The God of Highschool for the past week or so, gathering evidence and the like. All of said proposals are "thoroughly" (not really) detailed in the blog below.

To summarize, I am proposing two things: Concept hax (Type 3 & Type 2), as well as Information Hax (Type 2 or if that doesn't work; Type 1, possibly Type 2 information) for specific characters in TGOH.

Once again, shout out to @Maitreya, as well as @ImmortalDread and @Planck69 (especially @Planck69 on things I didn't understand) for helping me out.

And that's really it. Just look at the blog and I'll explain or add whatever's not there.

Agree: @Rakih_Elyan, @Marshadow29, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara (Agrees with Concept Hax, skeptical on Type 2 Info), @Planck69 (Agrees with Concept hax and "possibly" Type 2 Information), @Megaraptor149 (Agrees with Info Type 1), @DaReaperMan (Agrees witj concept hax and "possibly" info Type 2), @Lynieryz, @PowerToScale, @Dereck03 (Agrees with Concept hax and "possibly" Type 2 Information), @Theglassman12 (Agrees with Concept hax), @Deceived3596 (Agrees with Concept hax), @Rikimarox2, @deonment (Agrees with Concept hax and Type 1 Info)

Disagree: @Theglassman12 (Disagrees with Info hax), @Deceived3596 (Disagrees with Info hax)

Neutral: @Megaraptor149 (Neutral on Concept hax, unsure on Type 2 Info), @Lugh_Tuathe_Dé

Last edited:
NBT8.gif

Most of this looks good, but I'm not really sure about type 2 info. It being a concept and holding things like genetic code, minds, souls isn't really enough to say all of that is fundamental information, since any one of those independently would be something that would fundamentally define a person. The bit about genetic code would likely be type 1, though.

Most of this looks good, but I'm not really sure about type 2 info. It being a concept and holding things like genetic code, minds, souls isn't really enough to say all of that is fundamental information, since any one of those independently would be something that would fundamentally define a person. The bit about genetic code would likely be type 1, though.
This is why I proposed "possibly Type 2 Information" as an alternative.

Because I can understand that these aspects on their own can't really be proven to be "fundamental" information. Yet at the same time the alteration of these aspects can have several tangible effects on reality, as shown in the blog.

As I was told in a convo about this "it seems better than regular Type 1 Info but doesn't seem to be Type 2".

Does this alternative make sense?

This is why I proposed "possibly Type 2 Information" as an alternative.

Because I can understand that these aspects on their own can't really be proven to be "fundamental" information. Yet at the same time the alteration of these aspects can have several tangible effects on reality, as shown in the blog.

As I was told in a convo about this "it seems better than regular Type 1 Info but doesn't seem to be Type 2".

Does this alternative make sense?
Well, technically speaking any alteration of any aspect of someone is a tangible effect on reality. However, I do get where you're coming from, and I do think it's a much better version of type 1 info. Would something like "greater type 1 information manipulation" work?

Well, technically speaking any alteration of any aspect of someone is a tangible effect on reality. However, I do get where you're coming from, and I do think it's a much better version of type 1 info. Would something like "greater type 1 information manipulation" work?
Good point, but I'm speaking in terms of "tangible effects that involve one's fundamental existence" or the fundamental aspects of reality.

I think your compromise could work but I'll wait for more input before changing it, I'd like to see other opinions before I do anything.

Anyways, am I good to add you down as agreeing with Concept hax, Fujiwara?

Having been hounded by azontr like I owed Mr. Krabs money, might as well give my input.

Agree with Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2) and Possibly Information Manipulation (Type 2) since I'm not entirely sure on how we treat that variant of it.

So long as it specifies the degree and limitations of the power then I'm good with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back