• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School wank revisions (I've long since lost all grip on reality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, reading through this, why would this be info type 2, as all of the stuff presented in the information section is stuff that would fall under someone's concept, including their genetic information, it also wouldn't be type 1 as that has more to deal with information as how it is recorded rather than information as the base substance of reality.
It would also have some degree of Law Manipulation given the Taboo being a thing

It's objectively Information Manipulation given it deals with the fundamental aspects of a person's being, such as their genetic code/information, and can even influence the fabric of reality through its alteration.

Now, what type it is will be debatable. But it's info manip.

It's objectively Information Manipulation given it deals with the fundamental aspects of a person's being, such as their genetic code/information, and can even influence the fabric of reality through its alteration.

Now, what type it is will be debatable. But it's info manip.
That is literally, concept manip, someone's concept encompasses all aspects of their being (within the verse's limitations), this includes genes. Yes altering a concept would also change reality, especially if you change the concept of something as wide-reaching as the entirety of humanity. It isn't information as you aren't actually manipulating any information here, genetic information isn't info type 1, its biological manipulation. Information type 1 is reserved for manipulating information along the lines of records such as books and data storage, knowledge etc
quoting the page
  1. Knowledge: These characters can manipulate information as the medium of knowledge as opposed to just manipulating what a specific person knows, which would be considered Mind Manipulation. Characters with this ability can, for example, destroy information on a subject and by that make it inherently unknowable. Other examples of uses would be to prevent information from leaving an area, making it so that those outside can't gain knowledge of what is happening inside, or altering information to change what people know about the subject into something else.
Genes are none of the above, it just simply isn't info manip from that

That is literally, concept manip, someone's concept encompasses all aspects of their being (within the verse's limitations), this includes genes. Yes altering a concept would also change reality, especially if you change the concept of something as wide-reaching as the entirety of humanity. It isn't information as you aren't actually manipulating any information here, genetic information isn't info type 1, its biological manipulation. Information type 1 is reserved for manipulating information along the lines of records such as books and data storage, knowledge etc
quoting the page

Genes are none of the above, it just simply isn't info manip from that
Ah, yes, because manipulating genetic information which contains one's mind, knowledge, and abilities isn't manipulating Information as a medium of knowledge, at least.

Ah, yes, because manipulating genetic information which contains one's mind, knowledge, and abilities isn't manipulating Information as a medium of knowledge, at least.
I am a yugioh player, you think I read
I have done a yugioh player again, yeah it gets type 1 info manip then

I have turned my mind off one too many times playing zombie world or guru control, or like a multitude of other decks
You should play a Murloc deck in Hearthstone.

Or Zoo.

Or Jade Druid.

Or SHR Pally

Okay there are a lot of brain dead decks in Hearthstone

Anyways, since votes seem quite tied here on Info Manipulation, would @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara's compromise of calling it "Greater Information Manipulation Type 1" suffice as a reasonable alternative to "possibly Type 2"?

Bro that's on the MG grindset "even greater Information type 1" lol

It's so cringe bro

Just like the fact I genuinely have no real issues with either one

Ain't knowledgeable on GoH goonery, but based on the scans in the blog, this seems fine. I'm also fine with the possibly type 2, tbh.

I agree with everything here, I have discussed this privately and asked the OP about all my concerning before. So I have nothing to add.

Having been hounded by azontr like I owed Mr. Krabs money, might as well give my input.

Agree with Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2) and Possibly Information Manipulation (Type 2) since I'm not entirely sure on how we treat that variant of it.

So long as it specifies the degree and limitations of the power then I'm good with it.
I think this is reasonable.

Anyways, I think I have enough staff votes to apply the revisions with "possibly Information Type 2".

Is that acceptable?

Can this thread be closed? It's been accepted and the changes will be applied later by OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back