• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"like when he stole an undergarment instead of an expensive sword."

I don't remember him stealing Mitsurugi's underpants but alright.

He does influence things, but after one good kick to the face and after he finishes healing that off he'll realize that maybe the soles are important after all.

Though I realized that if Deku kicks him, Kazuma just dodges, instinctive reaction.

Sleep and Paralysis Induce, Speed =, Deku does a smash, Kazuma Instinctive reaction and induce - but what is the range on it

I was referring to Chris, but what she had was a more like a dagger.

He can't really dodge if Deku traps him with his Blackwhip, which he uses to get close and kick his opponents, and a kick from 20% Deku + Iron Soles may be too much for Kazuma to easily recuperate.

I'm not sure about his stamina, but he will be probably dizzy and out of balance for a time, time that Deku can use to capitulate his victory.

Scape and Instictive reaction should help Kazuma to avoid Deku´s attacks and then put him to sleep. Remember that Kazuma doesn´t fight face to face, he will probably be hidden with Lurk, sniping or stealing. Also Deku fights opponents that only have one abilitie/quirk, after seeing Steal or Lurk he wouldn´t expect sleep or paralysis

Those abilities are useless against Blackwhip, which Deku can manipulate them at will and fire several of them.

I have already offered counter arguments against abilities like Lurk. Deku has proven to be able to predict the movements of enemies he cannot see, and he could easily reveal Kazuma's location by creating omnidirectional shockwaves.

And Stealing is not going to help him much depending on what he decides to steal.

>Also Deku fights opponents that only have one abilitie/quirk, after seeing Steal or Lurk he wouldn´t expect sleep or paralysis.

Deku has fought opponents with many Quirks, so Kazuma having a lot abilities is not impossible for Deku to deduce. I also explained that techniques like sleep are mostly useless because it requires Kazuma to get really close to the opponent.

"really close"

I still don't think that's necessary because of Yunyun's demonstration of the ability.

And once again, the spell's potency increases with the level. Not the range. Lynn's fireball still fires at the same range as Yunyun's despite Yunyun being a much better mage. It's the exact same spell otherwise.

Same with Kazuma's Snipe shooting as far and well as Keith despite Kazuma learning the skill from him (despite Keith being a far more experienced archer)

If Kazuma never used sleep at a distance it's because of two reasons: He simply cannot do that (whatever it's because the author was inconsistent with Yunyun's showings, or her ability was superior), or is not in-character for him to do it.

So you can't use that as his win condition, since he was never shown to be able to do it in that way (and if he had, you would have said it by now).

This will be like me saying Deku is just going to ragdol Kazuma from a distance using Blackwhip, even though he never used that ability in this way.

Or reason no. 3, he never got a chance to use it that way.

Considering he only recently got the ability in the last chapter of the last volume and only ever fought wild mooks that resisted his magic, of course he's never used sleep that way.

We know Kazuma's character though, Kazuma is a schemer who isn't above resorting to dirty tricks to win and is decently intelligent as well (i.e. Using create water and freeze to freeze opponents). He's definitely smart enough to use sleep or paralyze once he is getting his ass whooped.

Therefir said:
(whatever it's because the author was inconsistent with Yunyun's showings, or her ability was superior)
Also no.

Yunyun's done sleep at a reasonable distance multiple times in Megumin's spinoff novel, Yuiyui doing it at close range is not an anti-feat for Sleep's range because if sleep can go at the same range it does normally then it'd obviously hit Darkness who was right in-front of Yuiyui's face.

(In-fact in the novel, she didn't even need to raise her hand for Darkness to go to sleep, Darkness just fell asleep at a word.)

And once again, it's the same spell from the same skill system in the same world. The only difference is that Yunyun's is more potent than Kazuma's, nothing says the range is different considering other spells shown in the series have no difference in range.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Considering he only recently got the ability in the last chapter of the last volume and only ever fought wild mooks that resisted his magic, of course he's never used sleep that way.
Then he isn't going to use it that way, you can't simply assume he will activate it from a distance when he was never shown to be able to do it, no matter how intelligent how he is.

I could assume that Deku would simply attack Kazuma from a distance and never come close, just because he is "smart". But it doesn't work like that, I have to rely on what a character does, and not assume things that we don't know that he will do.

>(In-fact in the novel, she didn't even need to raise her hand for Darkness to go to sleep, Darkness just fell asleep at a word.)

How did you know that? It's stated in the volume that he doesn't need to raise his hands? Because I doubt every time he uses Create Water the novel says "He raise his hand" instead of just "He used Create Water".

I mean

It's pretty ******* common sense to use an ability that will help you win if you're losing.

If you have a pistol and a futuristic laser gun but you prefer to use the pistol even if the laser gun is better. If you face an enemy that's kicking your ass, it doesn't take a genius to switch to their better option if their preferred methods aren't working. Literally normal people do this, if Deku is kicking Kazuma's ass Kazuma will decide to use his more effective abilities because it's common sense.

You don't go, "Ah, my pistol isn't working on this target that's hundreds of meters away but I have a sniper rifle right here in my toolbelt, better keep using my ******* pistol."

Same here, "Ah, bind isn't working, lurk isn't working, my elemental spells aren't working and my ass is getting ******* wooped... I better keep using my elemental spells instead of my handy dandy sleep spell that I have on me." is not going to happen because Kazuma doesn't have that kind of CIS.

"I could assume that Deku would simply attack Kazuma from a distance and never come close, just because he is "smart". But it doesn't work like that, I have to rely on what a character does, and not assume things that we don't know that he will do."

Also this would be a fine assumption if Deku was getting his ass kicked, he's a smart fighter, he should realize that his preferred methods of CQC aren't working he should go for an option that would help him win.

However, Deku's not the one getting his ass kicked with his preferred fighting style. So why would he change?

if Kazuma is getting his ass wooped by Deku it'd be like 3 punches and he's out cold, 48 ton Air Pressure is going to do a lot and his Punches are greatly above that

Counterpoint,

Megumin isn't the best Konosuba waifu anyways.

It would be common sense for Deku to spam air pressure from hundreds of meters and defeat Kazuma without even come close, but it's just not in-character for him to fight that way.

I'm arguing with what Deku has shown to do, not with what he could possibly do based on my own "common sense", and in my opinion, your argument is faulty because of that.

We aren't even 100% sure if Kazuma could achieve the same thing as Yunyun, since you said he recently got this skill, but whatever.

Air pressure is too spread out to cause anything too meaningful, so it's only gonna be the punches that'll hurt and after one punch that knocks all of his teeth out and sends him flying across the planet, he'll use Healing to fix himself right up and try a different plan.

Bruhtelho said:
Moritzva said:
Counterpoint,
Megumin isn't the best Konosuba waifu anyways.
how dare you speak the untruthful
Maybe it's because I'm not a PedoNEET but out of the main 3, Darkness is downright creepy and Megumin's, well, underage.

Hrmm.

And if Kazuma were to Steal from Deku, what would he likely take?

Therefir said:
It would be common sense for Deku to spam air pressure from hundreds of meters and defeat Kazuma without even come close, but it's just not in-character for him to fight that way.
It is in-character however for Kazuma to think "My original plan isn't working, time to switch" and use a more effective ability.

Eventually, a spell that can instantly incapacitate an opponent (sleep or paralysis) should come to his mind since his other methods failed him. It's not hard to change your strategy after your previous one failed, it's what fighters all the time do.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Air pressure is too spread out to cause anything too meaningful, so it's only gonna be the punches that'll hurt and after one punch that knocks all of his teeth out and sends him flying across the planet, he'll use Healing to fix himself right up and try a different plan.
Deku's Air Force Gloves concentrate the air pressure of his attacks in a small place, so that shouldn't be problem.

Moritzva said:
What's the AP Gap?
Kazuma is scaling from a 15 tons feat. Deku's shockwaves are 48 tons, and his Iron Soles gives his kicks a double impact.

Alright, so, I'm voting Kazuma.

Deku starts by going into melee. Kazuma casts Steal and grabs some equipment that may hinder Midoriya, but not by much, or casts something like Bondage and misses. Deku lands a hit or two, and knowing Deku, likely launches Kazuma like a mile away because all of his attacks are like that. Kazuma realizes he's getting ******, and more often than not will sleep/paralysis into a win.

Vote Kazuma.

Moritzva said:
Alright, so, I'm voting Deku
Deku starts by going into melee. Kazuma casts Steal and grabs some equipment that may hinder Midoriya, but not by much, or casts something like Bondage and misses. Deku lands a hit or two, and knowing Deku, likely launches Kazuma like a mile away because all of his attacks are like that. Kazuma dies from the AP gap

Vote Deku
Also FRA

Schnee One said:
Moritzva said:
Alright, so, I'm voting Deku
Deku starts by going into melee. Kazuma casts Steal and grabs some equipment that may hinder Midoriya, but not by much, or casts something like Bondage and misses. Deku lands a hit or two, and knowing Deku, likely launches Kazuma like a mile away because all of his attacks are like that. Kazuma dies from the AP gap

Vote Deku
Also FRA
For a second I thought I actually typed Deku.

Anyhow, no, the AP Gap isn't even x3. The hits will hurt, but Kazuma isn't dying anytime soon, and Deku more often than not aims for the chest, rather than the head.

96/15 = 6.4x AP gap. Not enough for a one-shot at least since Kazuma can heal that off.

Back